[The Pig's Foot Tavern] Together or on our own. (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Carina on July 13th, 2011, 11:02 pm

Sitting at that bar, peering through her mirror, she listened to the ruckus coming from the large table in the corner of the room. While such sounds were typical in most taverns, one that was less common was the sound of glass shattering against the floor. When one of the rambunctious men threw his empty shot glass down, it made her heart jump up into her throat. But even though she was surprised, her body wouldn't betray her as she watched and listened. This meeting that marked the beginning of something wonderful and sinister, consisted of all the common tavern happenings; not refined in the least. Merry making, arguments, drinking, loud voices, and the company of women. Even though she was unsure as to what role their women company played, they looked like more then mere wenches that they just happened picked up off of the streets.

Adjusting her mirror slightly, in hopes of a glimpse at whomever was speaking, she heard the man reply in response to the one whom had thrown down his glass. His demeanor was calm yet jovial, speaking about being bound threw iron and blood. The speech reminded her of the codes she knew some organizations lived by -- mostly knights and the like. Then her listening was disturbed when somebody near by began choking on his drink. The man had a keen resemblance to a squirrel in the sense that he seemed to be a nervous wreck. It was those kinds of people Carina couldn't stand being around; mostly because, in some cases, they were unpredictable. And while she was trying to ignore him, she couldn't help but over hear him comment to himself that things were going to turn out badly. She wouldn't reply or even give hint that she had been listening, aside from a subtle smirk that graced her lips. With so much muscle pushed into one corner of the room, of course something (whether good or bad), was going to happen. 'Is that spaz actually paying attention,' she wander for a moment.

When another person approached the table, a woman inquiring if the group needed a thief, Carina let a quiet sigh escape her lips. Yet again the mirror, her window of vision into the group, was obscured. Shifting her gaze away from the mirror and glancing over at the group in its entirety, she was a little impressed with the size of the group that had gathered in the short time she had arrived at the tavern.
"Well... it does sound like an appealing arrangement. One I could really get used to even," she whispered quietly. And silently she wandered to herself, how could she sneak her way into the gang? But little did she know, her question was about to be answered when a towering man stood up from among the group. Cade, a past acquaintance of hers, just happened to be one of the members of that group. After shouting a few harsh words that were directed at another of the groups members, he made his way over to the bar. Inwardly she gasped when she saw Cade's familiar face. It had been several years since they had parted way, and until now she thought it would stay that way. Thinking to herself, she knew this was her chance, the door had been opened.

Snapping the mirror shut, she returned it to her pocket and waited for him to arrive. When he drew close enough to hear her speak in a quiet voice, she began.
"I knew I recognized that rugged voice of yours from somewhere... Cade. How could I forget it?" Pausing momentarily, she wanted to give him a chance to remember her face and voice. "Have you missed me?" While she waited for an answer, she pushed her chair out from the bar and rose to her feet. Then crossing her arms in front of her chest, she took a few steps towards Cade. "Can I assume that your with that rough bunch of gentlemen over there?" She wouldn't address the women in her words because she found it rude to associate ladies, with roughness. Even if she didn't view them as very lady-like. And while she did ask him if he was with them, she wasn't waiting for an answer, the evidence was clear enough, so she continued. "We can talk later, I'm sure there are some things you would like to discus. But for now, back me up... just like old times." Figuring that he would understand what she meant, due to their past history of working together on a few occasions, she knew she needn't say more. As she made her way past Cade, she ran her hand down the length of his arm; reaffirming that she knew he would know what to do.

Approaching the outside of the group, she found herself standing behind the man whom had broken his glass. Letting him know that she was right behind him, she placed a gentle hand on his back and began to speak.
"Excuse me," she said in a quit voice, her words directed at the person she stood behind. Then when she spoke again, it would be at the entire group. She would use a loud and almost musical tone to gain the attention of each member, and to be heard over their loud voices.
"I must admit, I've been listening to this conversation for a while now... Although I'm sure some of you already knew that." Then she paused and glanced around the table; checking to see if she had the attention of each member yet. But most importantly, Eryss. "I'm going to guess, from Cade's words and behavior, that you, Eryss, are the leader of this meeting."
She locked her eyes with his, unwavering, confident, and fearless. Before she spoke again, she removed her hand from the mans back, and placed it on his shoulder while she squeezed her way through to stand in front of him. "I'm rather interested in this arrangement your proposing." Again her eyes surveyed the occupants of the table but returned to Eryss. "And to have gather this many people in such a short time, you must have some ability to lead." Once more she paused, giving opportunity for others to speak if the so wished. "I've come to offer you my services. My talent lies in persuasion. And --" She motions to the others that were gathered with an outward arching motion. "-- it looks like you have plenty of muscle present. Cade is proof enough of that. But how many of them posses much more then muscle?... I may not be well versed in combat, but my weapon of choice lies in the tongue, and poison. Both of which I think you would benefit from, Eryss. Would you accept my offer?" Growing silent, she would wait for his reply and hope that Cade would do her justice by vouching for her and the talents she claimed to posses.

OOCSorry if it sounded like I was insulting the other ladies! XD I personally don't view them as unladylike, but the character Carina does. lol

Attention, attention. I won't be joining any other threads until after a few of the ones I'm currently in, come to an end. If I take on any more, my posts will most likely be delayed by weeks. :/ Once things clear up a bit, I'll be more then happy to start up some new threads. :3 (0 of 15 threads cleared)
Carina
Beauty is the Beast.

Words: 66033
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Mok on July 15th, 2011, 1:00 am

Listening to Antar’s words began to calm down Mok’s emotions. These people were dead serious about creating this group. In fact, all of the things that the pale man noted appealed highly to the myrian. Back in Taloba, Mok was a member of the Jagged Blade clan. The proud warrior clan held many ideals: respect, honor, and brotherhood among other things. These were all things that Mok lived and breathed, but they were taken from him. For the past several years Mok has been living by himself in the world and it was painful. Sunberth was where all the scum of the world went and it was no accident that he was sitting in the Pig Foot’s Tavern. Mok had originally came here to find a myrian to set him straight, someone that would bring Mok back to reality. What was he thinking? Any myrian in this devilish hellhole would be just as pathetic as himself. Laughing in his head, Mok began to despair in his mind, “No. I cannot trust these bastards. Fuck them. Even if Cade is my only true ally here in Sunberth, I’ll take my chances. Look at that woman next to their so called leader. Look at her eyes, she will kill me with a knife in the back the moment we cross paths. No I will never associate with her.”

Mok desperately wanted to be part of a clan again. He wanted security again. He desperately wanted that feeling of brotherhood so that he could shove all his problems into, but his reason and logic held him back, “No! These trash they are all the same. I can’t trust them. They are all in it for greed no doubt, to steal from unsuspecting vicitims. Fuck them—“ Suddenly, Cade snapped Mok back into reality with his harsh words. Mok stared fiercely at his cousin while he spoke his words. For a moment, Mok felt like drawing blades with Cade, but it was only a fleeting moment and his rage quickly passed. Cade was Mok’s kinsman and although his words made the young half-blood mad, they were words of reason. This however did not convince Mok yet. Something was still holding him back. He had been in Sunberth for two seconds and he already needed to make a life changing decision. He hadn’t even talked with his cousin yet. What was he thinking?

Eryss finally spoke the moment before Mok stood up to follow Cade to the bar. The leader’s words were well crafted, but Mok saw through it and did not answer, remaining quiet. Once Eryss had asked the group to decide about joining, Mok immediately stood up from the table and walked to the bar not heading anything that the group said or did after he walked away. As he stood up he noticed a women standing directly behind him, but paid no attention to her. He reached Cade’s side and began to talk to him with the utmost respect and sincerity, “Cade. I apologize. I had no reason to say those words, but anger got the best of me… You are my kinsman – a myrian. But now… we are scumbags living amongst even worst scumbags. I don’t care if you like this lifestyle, but this way of living would be an abomination to our ancestors and our clan. Do not deny it. Do not mask the truth with false lies, we have lost our myrian way of life. How long do you expect to keep Myri’s mark when you are not in favor with her? A couple more seasons? Maybe more, she will find out about you soon enough. I already lost mine Cade…No Cade. I will not go on without brotherhood and allies. I am in. But I must be completely and utterly sure that everyone is true here. Blood in – blood out. Do you follow me Cade? This will be the final act of total commitment. Kill a person in the name of the clan. Not self defense or just by circumstance. No- murder in the name of the clan. Let everyone see. Only those truly loyal and truly serious about joining will perform this action. Do you agree?”

oocSorry if the post sucks I didn't have any motivation it and I wanted to keep the thread moving. MSN me cade if you need to.

Red = Myrian
Bold = Common
"If you want some, get some, bad enough, take some,
But watch the sword by my side,
Because it represents me and the motherpetching east side"
-one of Mok's mottos
Mok
The Sunberthian Gangster

Words: 149901
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2011, 5:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kiara Killraven on July 15th, 2011, 2:55 pm

The cold lifeless feel of steel helped keep her calm as the table around her heated up. Kiara had no idea what they were saying but the two seemed top be having a disagreement. By the time Antar interjected into the conversation she had almost quit listening. Men were notorious for getting into brawls in taverns. She had no doubt that myrian men were no different from human. In fact Cade was the first myrian she had had any extended contact with. If he was any indication of the rest of his race they could be even worse then human males when it came to drinking and fighting.

An approaching woman caught her interest. It was not so much the woman herself that caught her attention but the way she moved. It wasn't so much that she moved with the grace of a fighter. It was more the way her foot steps flowed one after another. The way she moved, her foot falls, did not appear to make any sounds. Her eyes slid up and down the new comer's body for a moment. She could not see any appearent weapons on the girl but considering the she herself kept her weapons out of the sight of others in places like this, that did not mean anything. She pretended not to notice the girl as she introduced herself and sat down at the table with them.

When Eryss moved to speak again Kiara gave him her full attention. He seemed to dislike the action of speaking as much as she did. She could not help but agree with him. They weren't merely a thieves' guild. She was not merely a thief. If that was what the group was she would not have shown up that night. While it was true that she would steal if payed to do so that was not what she enjoyed doing. She looked around at the group that had gathered as Eryss finished speaking. None of them seemed to be willing to make the first step. Without saying a word she lifted that wasn't grasping a weapon and held it out, above the table. "Our chances are better together then apart" were the only words that she spoke. While she did not particularly like the thought of others touching her, she would allow it this time, she would allow them to join hands with her.

OOCAs you all know, I suck in threads that involve a lot of talking. I got major writers block here so forgive me.
Kiara Killraven
Human Blender

Words: 52221
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2011, 6:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Antar on July 16th, 2011, 2:32 pm

Antar sat back and smiled a bit as he heard the others words, it wasn't beyond what he had expected in their replies and he hoped his own thoughts hadn't offended anyone, but he did feel the need to clarify there were consequences to crossing others.

When the rest finished their peace, Antar simply smiled and shrugged slightly as if to say 'why not' before saying. "Sure I'm in."
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 21st, 2011, 6:07 am

The water refreshed Bob and brought him back to his normal self as much as the circumstances allowed it. He was still shivering from uneasiness and was still thinking if he should just run out the back door or act normally. Looking at the mirror he spoke to himself "Decisions...decisions...what to do...." The choices were there. So many, but all either dangerous, suspicious or both. "Damn! I hate these choices. Why don't YOU do it?!?" Bob pointed at his reflection in the mirror.

Talking to himself qualifies as crazy, lucky there was no one around. However only crazy people would do what Bob did next. He took out his dice set and picking the four sided one from the bunch. Holding it in front of him Bob looked at his longtime friend. "Since the both of us here are cowards, you can make the decisions ok?" and Bob tossed the die into the sink allowing it to roll until it stopped making his decision for him going "Clink...clink...clink...clink...CLANK!".

Bob stepped back into the bar and headed over to the counter he was at earlier. No point in acting suspicious, he'll just act like another normal person enjoyinh his night in Sunberth. When he was just about to reach his spot who did he see? Not one, but two of the musclemen of the group. Coincidence or not Bob is not going to take any chances. He looked around and saw the group he was playing dice with earlier now having a drink. They were a bit close to the other group in the corner which had the musclemen earlier. Since they had the argument earlier and now are separated, Bob could only conclude that there is no reason to be scared with the remaining people and their internal problems so he went to join his gambling buddies.

"Listen fellas, I feel bad about how our game went earlier but it was fun right? How about I get you guys a round of drinks and we chat a little. Just so we can end on a good note." and Bob gestured at the barmaid. Lucky for him they did not bear a grudge, and everyone just lovesssss drinks especially when they are free whether or not it is being paid for with their own coin.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Cade on July 24th, 2011, 6:56 am

Cade listened to his kinsmen, it was refreshing to hear words in his native tongue, reminded him of home with the good and bad memories. His cousin was young still, and craved the brotherhood of a clan of warriors loyal and dedicated to each other. In the barbarian’s travels he had learned that that kind of bond will only be found amongst his own people, a bond he think he will never find against since leaving home, leaving his family and people behind him.

Cade placed a stern grasp on Mok’s shoulder, his eyes slightly glazed with his intake of wine but there was a seriousness to them as well “ My cousin, It is true that i have strayed from our peoples ways.... a sacrifice i made to explore the rest of the lands in search of my own destiny. You are young and i know you starve for brotherhood, but don’t be a fool, you will not find it amongst cutthroats and thieves. This grouping is nothing more than for protection and financial gain. There is loyalty, but amongst these sorts of people that always can be bought and only stays true while the coin flows. So best you wake up and realize that now then putting your trust in such sell swords that for the right price will place a dagger in you without hesitation.“ With that he patted his cousin in reassurance just as a familiar voice from the past caught his attention.

"I knew I recognized that rugged voice of yours from somewhere... Cade. How could I forget it?"

Cade looked upon the beauty that the words belonged to. She was sure a familiar sight, business partners of the past and for Cade she was a love interest that escaped his grasp. He thought he never see the seductive vixen again after Zeltiva a year back. His tongue was tied, his heart pounded and just like a pro Carina continued on, fluent with her actions and not giving Cade a chance to stutter a response before leading him back to the group. She was using him as a way into their little gang, playing on his familiarity and past crush on her to her own gain. That just made Cade lust for her that much more even if she slipped through his fingers in the past, but here she was.

Finding his own tongue once more he finally piped up “ I vouch for her Eryss” Was as much as he could muster as his eyes continued to ravage every curve of her frame completly. He did miss her, there wasn’t a night he had not thought of the one that got away and here she was, back with in his grasp. He had forgotten that Corinth was at the table as well, a new interest of his that Carina’s presence had totally blinded Cade from.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Canali on July 29th, 2011, 4:55 pm

Watching Carina and Cade interact, Canali tilted her head one way. Had they once been lovers? What sort of past together did they have? Shrugging away the nosey thoughts, Canali lifted her drink coolly to her lips. Warm fire slid down her throat, bursting in her chest like a sugar bomb. Relishing in the bitter flavor, Canali nodded to question at hand. Yes, she would join, but the man who seemed to be leading the group. Well, they would have to have a discussion as Canali couldn't fight, but was willing to learn. Besides, people needed to eat and Canali could cook.

Wary of the man who spoke a different tongue's anger, Canali made a silent vow to keep away from him. He seemed to be a ticking time bomb; angry over the stupid things and explosive. No, she did not want to be in his way if he were to ever become truly angry near her. Comfortable in the decision to avoid contact with him, Canali's eyes traveled over the group. A pish posh group of people thrown together, all in search of one thing; power and money. In Sunberth, this wasn't surprising.
This account is being retired. If you would like to contact me, please do so through the account of Lacai. Thank you.
Canali
Dont Make Me Get The Pan!

Words: 152746
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 4:11 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eryss Waldu on July 31st, 2011, 3:01 am

[Eryss seemed content with the responses he received. Kiara was with him. Antar had agreed to join the group. Cade there was no question about. Canali as well. Fallon and Corinth were two others he was sure would become members. With Cade likely being able to bring Mok into line that would complete the meeting and Eryss was ready to make his exit before the mystery woman approached, according to what she said Cade and her had been old acquaintances which could bode well or otherwise. His eyes had moved to the woman though, she was attractive and well spoken it seemed, and when she told him of her interest to join Eryss seemed to sink back into the chair he occupied and considered it briefly.]

[Anything could have occurred around him, it seemed he was deep in thought and was now considering Carina after she had approached the table and admitted she had been eavesdropping on the conversation, however regardless of his own thoughts when Cade spoke up and offered his assurance Eryss mind was decided. Nodding his head once he looked between Carina and Cade before saying...”If Cade is willing to vouch for you than that is more than I needed to hear. You are one of us Carina.”...his words were sincere though that didn’t mean Carina wouldn’t need to prove herself to him and Eryss already had in mind how she might do such. Carina herself might even be considered a guinea pig of sorts though the experiment would test her loyalty and effectiveness altogether and be much more elaborate than a simple fall backwards into my arms scheme.]

[Looking between the others Eryss would lean back into his chair again and turning his head tilt it closer to Kiara would hear him say...”Ensure no one follows me.”...before directing his gaze back over the crowds of patrons filling the Pigs Foot Tavern as well as those gathered at the table. “Well since it seems we’re all in agreement there’s no need for further discussion. Our first orders of business are to establish a base of operations for ourselves and the second to make ourselves known and to create a small territory in Sunberth. Cade has the details.”...then on that note Eryss would place his hands on the wood of the table, they were scarred from fire and he wore bandages to mitigate their appearance most of the time such as tonight, and pushing up until he was standing he would give the appearance that he meant to leave.]

[With no real words of farewell Eryss would look at the others. One by one they would all receive a short but polite nod of acknowledgement, they were all founding members of what would become a large organization in the future, though there were some that he was noticeably more appreciative of such as Kiara, the white haired assassin, and Cade, his barbarian acquaintance. When he had finished Eryss stepped back away from the table and began moving into the crowd of patrons that filled the tavern, he seemed apt at navigating the crowds despite what his appearance might suggest, and within moments he was out of sight.]

[Walking towards the bar his hand would outstretch and rest across Cades shoulder momentarily before slipping away, he wanted to make sure the barbarian knew of his departure, though he stopped at the far end of the bar before leaving completely. At the bar Eryss would ask the bartender for some rough paper and when he got it he would produce a pencil to write notes on. One was for Carina who he left instructions to meet with him in a week and a half’s time for an assignment which he left ambiguous, she would learn the rest when they met with one another. The other note had no name for a recipient on it but Eryss asked that it be held for a handful of days before being discarded anyways which the bartender said he would do begrudgingly; Eryss didn’t trust him not to read the wrote but was confident it wouldn’t make sense to anyone who didn’t know what he was talking about in the first place.]

[Once this was done Eryss shrunk back away from the tavern bar and back into the crowd of patrons before making his way to the door quickly. When he reached the entrance of the Pigs Foot Tavern his exit was likely to be as missed as his entrance, the wind blowing into the tavern the only sign the door had been opened before it closed itself again, he stepped outside and back onto the streets of Sunberth where wandered off in the direction of the slums.]

[Either he knew someone there or he had heard something but at this hour of night the number of men willing to ask questions were few and fewer still were those who cared for another’s business. All that mattered now was that everything was coming together like clockwork.]
Eryss Waldu
Villain

Words: 240296
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 11:20 pm
Character sheet

Postby Antar on August 14th, 2011, 10:53 pm

Satisfied with the days events, Noth took his leave as well with a slight bow towards the rest who remained. He didn't leave the tavern however, instead he went towards a table at the back to order a bowl of stew and a bit of bread to sop it up.

By now after a season in Sunberth, Noth was tired of hunting some of his meals and was quite in the mood for a bit of someone else's cooking, even if it was just a bit of tavern repast. Truth be told, he was pretty glad the group was forming, even if he'd never admit it. It meant he had some shelter in numbers instead of braving the sunberthan streets and countryside alone. And that was good for him to feel, even if he knew that it would be a long time before he could trust any of them at all.

Sitting back with a drink of water, Noth waited for his meal and figured to watch the fire in the hearth to pass the long hours of relaive peace. For one night, he'd forget his troubles and just relax a bit. He figured he'd approach the white haired woman for her help in a job soon... it was just a matter of time to cross the t's and dot the i's. But for now, there was a little bit of peace.

oocAntar is out ppl :) last round of posts before turning this in for socialization: so it's time to get this thread done, alright guys ^_^? "
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Bob Barton on August 30th, 2011, 2:56 pm

It looks like that meeting is over. Why? Bob will tell you why. Muttering to himself "Hmmm...looks like the meeting is over. Even their leader is leaving." His eyes traced the creepy man's movements over the tavern. Going to the scary barbarian, the bartender and then the exit. The intimidating silver haired man also left the table. So yes, the meeting seems to be officially over.

One thing was good from it though. Bob learnt a lot more about the group. His risk to get on a table closer to them to eavesdrop paid off. Establishing a base and making themselves known would be quite dangerous for them at least. The power players if they ever caught wind of this would make a move against them. Better to nip a problem in the bud before it grows. Hmmm...how much would one of them pay for this information? Bob could sell it. If only he knew the right customer. He knew the faces at least so they would know who to look out for. How important would names be for an insignificant small group starting out?

Its time to leave then. Bob hastily got up. He did not want to stay here any longer than he had to. These dangerous people, especially the barbarian scared him. He pushed the people out of the way or nudged some here and there. Maybe even making a big scene. He was not as good as their brown cloaked leader in front of him but at least he made the effort.

At the entrance he looked left and right. To some people it might be very suspicious but to Bob all was right. He wanted to avoid the scary people after all. But the man was out of view. Lucky him. Hopefully his suspicious actions back in the tavern won't make any of his comrades think anything was off either.

OOCVery suspicious indeed. Any one of you CE people want to harass Bob in a different thread? XD
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

PreviousNext