[Silver Sliver]Going out for a Pint[Reaver]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 8th, 2011, 3:52 pm

10 Summer 511

Sitting at a table, Clyde quietly thought to himself. He had not been at Ravok for long, but it was nice to go out in public once in a while. It was not something he tended to do to often, as he usually preferred to study quietly by himself, or to train his skills.

But everyone needed time to relax, to see some other sentients, and to not work.

However turning off his mind was not something easy for him to do. Holding a bit of chalk, he was absentmindedly drawing some glyphs with it on the table, and chanting some words in ancient tongue under his breath. It was a bit odd really how his head worked.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Reaver on July 9th, 2011, 3:36 am

Reaver was reluctant to return to this... particular bar. Perhaps his new male body wouldn't draw unfriendly attention once again. This time, he didn't wear the armor he had grown so accustomed do, but instead not too much more then the leather and gauze he kept beneath it. His blue cloak, wig, and mask were still a must, however. The bouncer eyed him very carefully as he entered. He'd outlived the last bouncer, this one would hardly be different. He looked about carefully, a new waitresses was tending to one of the tables, with a single person not paying any attention. He moved carefully, as to try and not draw attention to himself.

As he got close, he saw something that held his attention quite well, he almost tripped over someone getting out of their chair. He gave a quiet apology. Characters like that... Glyphs? He thought to himself. As he approached, he heard the man speaking in a strange tongue. Surely, it must be. I found a winner better then the boldest drunk tonight. Reaver quietly sat down and offered a apology to draw attention away from him... from those watching the situation. He knew, however, it might bother the one before him. If the person looked before he sat down, he'd say it then, if not, he'd wait until he took his seat."Sorry I'm late." Once he had sat down, which would take only a moment, he'd hold a finger to his face, attempting to ask him to remain quiet. Reaver spoke quietly to the man before him now. "I'm here to learn something very important, and I can offer something similar in return." Should the man look confused, he'd gesture to the runes on the table, then make a gesture of writing with a pen with his right hand... onto his let hand. Akin to writing on a page or in a book.
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 12th, 2011, 3:17 pm

Clyde tended to be absorbed in his work. At times this was a good thing, but it also seemed to make him oblivious in some situations. He did not notice what was going on, and did not notice the man until he sat at his table, apologizing for being late. Late? I did not know they were meeting, but he soon caught on with the shush.

"Ah, hello. Yes, what were you going to teach me? I assume..." Looking down at his glyphs "That I am teaching you glyphing? What can you teach me, that we are able to do here?"

Looking around quickly, he checked for other people. No one seemed to be staring, but there was enough around for him to get away if this guy turned out to want to rob or attack him.

Most might be resistant to a stranger wanting to teach and learn from him, but Clyde was always open to learning something new, from any source. Hopefully it would all work out well.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Reaver on July 12th, 2011, 5:53 pm

A simple smile crossed Reaver's face. I found someone who enjoys learning as I do. "Can you even teach here?" He glanced around himself, but not for the patrons. He brought his voice down to a whisper. "I could teach Animation in return." He broke his whisper back up to a quiet voice. "Did, you bring any writing supplies? I usually have such a good memory, but I managed to forget. I'd only need them to see and show the work, of course. If not, I could always run back and get them."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 12th, 2011, 7:16 pm

"Well as long as we don't blow anything up, I don't think they will mind. And glyphing is a pretty simple quite thing to do. Not really dangerous until you start adding other things into it. I have a quill and some ink, but i think my chalk would work better for this, as it comes off easier."

Pulling out said chalk, he showed it to the other person, a simple little bit that was good for writing simply. As long as you dont rub it off....

"So, if I am going to teach you glyphing, what is something you relate to? Glyphs tend to differ from one person to another, though anyone who knows glyphing can read it, and see its purpose and intent. I for example write my glyphs as words in ancient tongue. I knew a gambling man who drew them as the different suits from cards. So what do you relate to? What would your glyphs be?"

"Animation could be interesting.... though what around here could we animate, once you have shown me the principles?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Reaver on July 13th, 2011, 7:22 am

Reaver nodded, and looked to the chalk. He smiled softly, though his mask hid it. Finally, a use for all that blood perhaps. He thought of the next lines carefully. "Something I can relate to... Well, when you put it that way I have many options. I'm a fan of change, maybe my runes will follow suit then. If anyone can know their meaning, so can I." His smile wasn't so soft anymore, but a full grin. He thought of it already. I'll just use my visualizations for movement. Writing animation steps can come in handy after all.

"Anything that can move, that isn't fluid. That quill you mentioned, perhaps. It may not move much, but as a learning experience it should be fine. Though, the effort would be obvious to anyone with a... magical affinity. It may draw attention." Reaver thought of offering some thread or gauze to use, but he figured it might be more fun to make his quill interesting.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 13th, 2011, 3:45 pm

Listening, Clyde tried to ponder through what he was saying. He was not exactly sure, since he seemed to not be being to clear.

"Well, here take this chalk here. The first thing you should now is that in itself, glyphing is not magic, and does not use any djed. It is simply able to control other magic, such as storing it, or making it easier to flow out were you want to. At a high level you can even stop incoming magical attacks. Though this is much more difficult. "

"A glyph is a single symbol you draw, and is the simplest part of glyphing. When you put these together though, they can make something else, such a a specific type of common sigil. Sigils are of combined glyphs that perform a specific task, usually your glyphing will include at least one type of the common sigilis."

Talking, he would give the man time to take this all in, and allow him to respond and ask any questions he might have.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Reaver on July 13th, 2011, 6:42 pm

Reaver listened to the lesson quietly, and took the chalk. The lesson was simple enough. He wasn't learning something that was magic, but altered magic. It was different, but not at all difficult... yet. He nodded as needed. When he paused, Reaver thought to confirm the information that he felt were important. "A single rune is a glyph, and several together are sigils. Sigils are used to perform specific tasks. This means a single glyph won't do much, if anything. Correct?" After the other answered, he nodded. "Anyone could do it."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 13th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Listening, it seemed his listener was paying attention. He nodded, and continued on.

"Thats right. Now there are some common sigils that are used. The most common one is a focus. This is actually just one glyph, but a large one. It can be used to store magic, or to attract magic to that one spot. This can be very helpful in personal magic, with bringing djed to a specific spot."

"Another is the barrier, also seen quite often. If used with a focus, it would circle around it, thus keeping the magic from escaping out. So you could say make a scroll this way, and once the magic enters the focus, the barrier keeps it from escaping. Its job though is to either guide magic, or to block it from going were you do not want. A true master could even stop or redirect an incoming magical attack at them."

"The last one that you need to see for know is the trigger. It is some glyphs, along with a written out form of how to activate it. So in a scroll it could be activated by speaking specific set of words. Its most commonly used to deactivate a barrier, thus freeing the magic sealed within the focus. That is the basics of what you need to know for know. Why dont you try and draw each of those three sigils?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Reaver on July 13th, 2011, 7:12 pm

Reaver's mind was whirling with thoughts now. So, one Glyph to gather energy, which counts as a sigil in itself. Another sigil to prevent Djed from moving, possibly trapping it to be released later. It could guide it as well? Like walls, I suppose. ...And a trigger? Am I forced to write out how it is activated? That's inconvenient. I'll need to learn some loopholes around that. "Wouldn't a demonstration of the concepts be more fitting? After all, some things that are seen as common often fail to enter the minds of the untrained. If I could see this work, it would be far easier." Reaver will set the chalk down between them. With any luck, he'll be a caster as well.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next