A trip into the wilds (Open!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Nex Paciscor on July 21st, 2011, 11:49 pm

He watched the 'zith' start walking off but made no move to follow her. Her behavior was more than a little odd to him and that of the new woman as well, and it struck him that maybe this wasn't exactly the best crowd to be following along with. Still his mind was open to learning, and as long as they didn't do anything bad or them try anything funny he supposed he could contend with their presence for the time being.

His eyes seemed to remember a detached interest look to them, and he maintained it though her joke, and subsequent question. " I'll meet you in the wilderness after I conclude business here in the city. See you when the moon is at its peak " he saluted, before turning around and disappearing into the many buildings that littered the area.

After a talk with Aello, and a short boat ride, he was now within the sheltering branches of the forest, crouching upon the mossy ground in an attempt to gather either of the women's scent. He detected slight traces of the 'zith' girl in the air, but the seemed far away, skirting the edges of his range, but he followed the trail anyways using the forest floor as his guide at times. When he finally found the path that they had chosen to use, following it was much easier, and after more than a few bells worth of time, he could feel that he was near, and hastened to meet up with the two unusual women.

oocThis is of course assuming that you got to the woods before me of course
Nex Paciscor
Player

Words: 159798
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Whisper on July 31st, 2011, 10:25 pm

OOCYou went to see Aello.... and you call us unusual. XD
Well... Irr is unusual. x3

Whisper held back her laughter but the subsequent smile just showed clearly. She waited for the male to be on his way and she looked at Irr and shook her head while walking next to her. "Great joke." she said in playful sarcasm. It was just an awkward metaphor in her opinion, but she still thought it was funny.

She motioned to her falcon that was still perched on Irr's shoulder. "Ryek. Up." she commanded simply. Ryek was reluctant to leave his perch on Irr and he opened his beak a little in silent protest. "Up." she calmly commanded again. With that second command, Ryek left his perch and took to the sky to wait to follow his master.

The girl looked to the zith with a weak smile. "Give me five minutes. I must go retrieve my pack." she said. She normally hid her pack somewhere when she donned the bodysuit. She figured it unwise sometimes but it had thrown her not-so-great balance off a few times while trying to parkour through Ravok. Hopefully soon she would be able to leave it on and it would not affect her, but until then she would just stash it somewhere. And she really didn't have a choice in whether or not to get her pack. It was either get it or not go since it truly had everything she owned except her own body and Ryek.

Before she would get an answer, she disappeared once more into the streets, the shadows helping her stayed concealed. They did not speak to her, but she loved them all the same and one day hoped she could immerse herself within them. The last few years she had been praying to the Night Mother frequently for the protection of the shadows in this city. To be more exact, it had been almost five years since she 'found' Akajia and she couldn't help but desire the call of the protection and the secrets the shadows held. She caught up to her companion before she had left the city and she was dressed back in her normal clothing and cloak.

OOCThis is also assuming she continued walking towards the gates. Irr, you can push us along to the wilderness to the point where Nex joins us if you like. If you have any problems with this post, just PM me because I could see weird problems in it anyway. :P
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Words: 45631
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2011, 4:18 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Irriari on August 1st, 2011, 10:43 pm

Irriari nodded as Nex waved and disappeared into a cluster of buildings. She didn't know how the man would find her or whether he was simply escaping to be free of her. Whatever he had planned, Irriari didn't think it mattered. If he managed to show up, she could deal with it. On the other hand, if he didn't, she could speak openly with Whisper about poisons and the herbs they would be collecting. Both routes had their advantages, of course.

Whisper had to coax Ryek off her shoulder, which made Irriari smile. The falcon drew a bit of blood as he gripped her shoulder before flying into the sky. Whisper needed to go get her bag, and before Irriari could ask where the girl had hid it she was already sprinting off into the darkness. Irriari shook her head at the girls rash behavior, but it would save them time. While waiting for Whisper, Irriari examined a few flowers that had managed to sprout where the street had cracked open. While they were far to the side of most walking paths, Irriari was shocked that they hadn't been trampled or picked by someone yet. Within a few second, Irriari's hand had closed around them and with one decisive pull, she had torn them out of the ground. A few petals fell off of the lily colored daisy, and not all the roots came up with one of the other plants, but she had what she needed.

Irriari examined each one in turn, noting the bigger root structure of the lily colored flower and the serrated leaves that grew in clumps on the smaller orange plant. The root structures were the most important for a poisoner, so the zith spent extra time on those. Both of the plants had different variations of the same typical type. Long thin roots that looked like spider legs grew downward first then out. Such an adaption tended to net the plant more water, but when they grew in clumps, each plant had to fight for resources.

When Whisper returned, the odd pair started walking to the path that led up into the woods at the edge of the lake. As they got far enough away to be out of ear shot of the few straggling humans, Irriari handed the two plants to Whisper and spoke.

“Pretend these are poisonous. Identify their traits and guess at which ones would be poisonous and why. Tell me how you think you could incorporate them into a poison.”

The girls answer wouldn't be judged for correctness, but Irriari wanted to know what Whisper knew about plants and herbs before they ventured much further and while they were out of earshot of Nex. While Irriari only knew a bit about botany, the books that Sevrai read her had taught her enough to collect poisonous plants most of the time. The others, she surmised, were to make the poisons taste better and look prettier.

Hey look, a note (OOC) :
Whisper, I skipped this forward a bit. If that's not ok, pm me and I'll revise it.

Nex, if you'd allow Whisper to post once more before you do so we can discuss the plants and get further into the forest, I'd love that. Then we'll hopefully be in a great place to all meet up again. I'll post after her, and we'll resume normal order. Or, alternatively, you could explore the surrounding forest area or trails- do some tracking, whatever. I just want us to have a chance to get things set up. If this is an issue, pm me. <3 Thanks!!

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Whisper on August 17th, 2011, 2:43 am

Whisper cocked an eyebrow at the directions because she thought the answer to be of the simple sort. The exception in her confidence was the "why", because of what knowledge she had of poisons was what was poisonous not why they were. Her answer was always things of nature were the way they were because that's how the gods intended them to be. But when she really thought of the flowers, she realized she knew nothing about them. She knew what the roots were and what the petals were, but to truly examine them? She had never done that, her mother showed her what to do with plants and what to look for, but never went into detail about the characteristics of the plants and why they were the way they were.

"The..." she started and took the flowers from Irriari. "...um, I know I would use the roots and extract..." she stopped talking and walking, just staring at the plants in her hand.

She truly didn't know. Certain roots were grounded with another solution to make a paste and some had the ingredient inside them that needed to be extracted, but she couldn't tell her how or why she would do anything with these little flowers. And it annoyed her that she didn't know. Her mother had taught her things from all aspects, not just poison, and her early "departure" hindered any learning past basic knowledge of the fields. But that is why she spent time with this zith now, right? That thought didn't make her feel any better, but if there was one thing she was good at it was enduring situations to meet a purpose. After all, she didn't live in Ravok for the lovely presence of Rhysol and his followers.

"...I truly don't know." she finally admitted before starting to walk again after a glance at Irriari.
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Words: 45631
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2011, 4:18 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on January 10th, 2012, 5:14 pm

Irriari

• +1 Intimidation
  • +1 Herbalism

Lores: Examining a Lily

Whisper

• +1 Acrobatics
  • +1 Falconry
  • +1 Stealth
  • +1 Herbalism

Lores: Examining a Lily

Nex Paciscor

• +1 Intimidation
  • +1 Tracking

Lores: Scent of a Zith

You Question My Logic? :
Okay, so Irri and Whisper, I gave herbalism instead of poison because you were just studying a plant, not making a poison out of it. Everything else should be self explanatory. Any questions, PM me.

Notes: Always sad to see a thread die. And good characters too.. I was very sad to see Irriari go, and I'm not even entirely sure if Whisper is still around. But at least you get some xp, Nex.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous