[Flashback]Reimancy makes camping fun[Bob]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 13th, 2011, 3:34 pm

40 Winter 505

Once more Clyde found himself leaving the safety of Syliras to train some more in his magics. He was getting pretty good, it was only a matter of time before he was an expert. But for now he still needed to train, and to work on things. Remembering the map he was shown before, he made his way to were Bob was staying at. It would be an okay place for now, but they would need to move again before next week.

It seemed Clyde was really enjoying overseeing the growth of this person in magic, and in return Clyde got better at teaching and reimancy himself.

Finally arriving there, Clyde looked around, trying to see where Bob was. He wondered why he was camping outside, it was pretty cheap to stay inside of Syliras, at the travelers row or something. Of course he himself still stayed at his parents small home, but....

"Hello Bob, so we are here together once more? Did you have anything particular to go over? Or did you just want me to go over some things? Oh and dont forget to use a bit of glyphing on your palms to assist your res extruding."
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on November 1st, 2011, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 13th, 2011, 3:51 pm

Bob was poking the little campfire he made while waiting for Clyde with a large stick he had found. He pushed the ashes a little in boredom and allowed some fire to burn the tip of the stick. When he saw a beetle walking past him, he brought down the stick fire first on top it it. The stick stabbed right through the carapace and the fire started burning up the liquid which oozed from it as it consumed the dead insect. Bob sighed...he was really bored...

Then his ears pricked up as he heard something coming closer and closer. He didn't choose this campsite randomly. The area was surrounded by dried leaves, remnants from the last fall and even drier branches brittle from the frost. At each of Clyde's steps there was a distinct cracking sound coming closer. Bob stood up hearing nature's warning system. He wasn't sure who was coming so he drew his sword and assumed a sword stance which would allow him to lunge with great momentum at whoever appeared. If it struck, the trespasser would definitely bleed to death or get frozen to death at the exposure to the elements from whatever wound he'd get from the attack even if Bob missed the vitals. Bob stood watching vigilantly and prepared until a familiar sight and voice greeted him.

The sword dropped unto the snowy ground without a sound as Bob went up to greet Clyde. "Master Clyde, I see you didn't get lost. My drawing was horrible so I doubted if you could find your way even after seeing it" Bob lifted his palm straight to the campfire once he reached Clyde gesturing him to go there "Whatever you feel would help the both of us. But you never told me how you liked my trick last time" Bob said with a smile.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 13th, 2011, 6:27 pm

Arriving at the campsite, he looked around. Bob had a small fire glowing near him, warming the area from its biting winter cold. He did wonder why he was staying out here, but he surely had his reasons.

"Well, the map was not to bad, it was good enough for me to find the general area of where you were at. Well last time I showed you some basic glyphing, but along with that you should probably work some more on your res shaping."

"You are skilled enough now that you could actually do a decent attack if you tried. Try and build up some of your res in a ball, and then gather some water. Then see how well you can manipulate its shape and state. Going from gas to liquid and solid res. See which one works best for what you are trying to do. I will set something up for a bit of a demonstration."

Watching Bob, Clyde went over to a dry spot not to far from the fire, but far enough that he would not get overheated or burnt. Taking out his chalk he started drawing a large focus. Then started a barrier around it, with words like control, withhold, enforce, restrict. That would make for a good barrier to hold back any magic he put into the focus.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 13th, 2011, 7:06 pm

Apparently Clyde did not like the trick but at least the map did its job no matter how horrible it was. There was no chalk this time so Bob took back his stick and put out the fire which was still on it. Then he used the charred part to draw on his palm. Another simple circle on his palm all in black as the focus.

With the focus done, Bob extruded the power from himself in the form of res as it appeared on his skin. Again the job was easy and Bob thought to himself "How could I not have not known about glyphing? How could it not be in the book? I know, I will be the one who will put it in then. The Barton who put in yet another useful trick for gambling and forever immortalized in our family!" The res came on his skin as a gel like substance again but how was he going to change its form? Bob did not know how he would do it so in his mind he imagined the properties of the various forms. From the liquid to the solid and the gas in his head and when he opened his eyes, he found the res responding to his thoughts as they followed the images.

Clyde told him to choose the one which was the best and since Bob has been working with the liquid form all this time, he willed the gas to return to liquid on his hands. The change was as fast as he thought, maybe the glyphing is helping a lot, or maybe it was just his imagination. After that he attracted the water from the melted snow around the fireplace into his hands doing his best to make sure it did not touch the charred circle on his palm. He couldn't have the glyph disappearing and making things harder for him now would he? With the water ball on his hand he looked back at Clyde and asked "How the heck am I going to attack with water? Its not like your fire you know." It was then he saw Clyde drawing a significantly big glyph. Bob could only watch wondering what it was for and he was still waiting for an answer.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 13th, 2011, 7:27 pm

Watching Clyde saw Bob trying out his magics. He was getting pretty good, and glancing up from his work occasionally, he watched him use his newly gained skills.

"how do you attack with water? Simple, it is one word. Pressure! If you use enough pressure, you can do some serious damage. This is why i was trying to get you to work on your shaping of res skills. You can control how it is shaped, and it you concentrate the water enough and into as small a space as possible, when you do fire a concentrated stream off, it will have a lot of force behind it."

"At your level you could not do this for long, but you could blast off a small stream for a few seconds. Why don't you try to do this. By itself with just water you could get it to sting at least, or if hit in the eyes could blind someone. Though if you could add other elements like air, you could compress it more, and maybe even kill someone with it. Ive heard of one reimancer who used water compressed by air to cut a man in half!"

Watching for a response, Clyde continued on with his work. He was almost done with his glyphs, and as he drew a trigger glpyh, he then wrote out the what would activate the trigger. When he said 'Power from the sky, return to your place'

"Well, lets see how you are doing, and then maybe I can show you the demonstration."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 13th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Listening Bob tried to think how we could control the water pressure in his hands. That one word opened up to another and another but the only other word important in the sentence to Bob was compress. It was disappointing though, stinging a person with water would not help Bob protect himself. It would only make whatever attacker get more annoyed and give him more pain. Bob shuddered at the thought.

He covered whatever part of the waterball he could putting his hands between the waterball and his designated target. If he only needed to make as narrow an area as possible to increase the pressure, it should be able to work this way. With one hand on top of the other he put a little space in between where the water would be flowing from. Then he let the water fly. Luckily the waterball smudged the circle on his palms or Bob would have really damaged his hands. The pressure became too great and as the water rubbed between the skin of the space Bob had to drop the waterball on the ground because his skin began to sting. He looked at his hands to see the damage, the friction had tore off some of his skin but with most of the skin missing he could not even feel the pain because with it his pain receptors were also gone.

Because there was no pain after that, Bob thought the stinging sensation was just another side effect of the magic and the wounds on his skin are superficial. He looked at the tree he just hit with the high pressured blast. "Look, It completely tore off the bark!" and it left an exposed ring all around the tree along the parts the water had touched. Satisfied Bob put his hands into his pockets never once allowing Clyde to see the state his skin was in. "Its time for the demonstration now isn't it?"
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 13th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Clyde smiled, it seemed his student was truly learning, and getting good. Soon he would be able to do some decent magic. And with what little he had, he was doing good. Who knew what he could do with more.

"Good job, As you can see even water can be useful, if you are imaginative in its usage. And it could definitely hurt or dissuade an attacker at close range. Yes, it is time for the demonstration, I will show you a bit know. A combination of two elements."

Extruding res from his body, he floated the gaseous res up into a cloud above the focus. This took about a minute, as he wanted to slowly gather the res into a cloud. He could have done it faster, but it would have been much more demanding. Finally he was done, and he controlled the cloud of res floating there.

"Okay, you may want to stand back from the focus a bit. My aim might be a bit off."

Drawing the small cloud of res into a thin spike, he drew it down, and aiming it directly at the focus, he moved it closer fast, and finally transmuted it into lightning. With a flash of light and the loud crashing of thunder, the lightning bolt crashed into the focus before him. Soon the entire bolt was gone, sunken into the focus leaving no trace.

With the loud ringing in his ears, he yelled out, perhaps a bit to loudly:"Well, what do you think, was that some awesome reimancy? Ive been working on it, and finally got lightning down!"
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on July 14th, 2011, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 13th, 2011, 8:54 pm

Bob watched the demonstration closely. All Clyde did when asking him to stand back just made Bob more interested and he shuffled a little closer so he can have a better look. He was prepared for maybe fire again but when the lighting struck he nearly jumped. Being that close made the sudden flash temporary blinding him and and the loud rumble of thunder deafen him. Bob could only start shouting in panic "GODS! I should have listened. Now the magic went wrong I am dead. Trapped in the nothingness of death!" Bob could only ask himself if this was punishment for his disobedience.

Walking around blind and deaf in a forest is not a good thing. Bob accidentally slammed into the tree behind him and fell down on his back. Wondering what was going on he rubbed his eyes. Forgetting about what happened to his skin, his hands started to sting again as the tears went into it. The rubbing nearly worked but when he opened his eyes his vision was blurred. He could not really distinguish what was what with the blur making some double vision and as he looked around, he realized he was still deaf.

But even blurred vision does not disturb a person's ability to identify colours. Once he got up to look at the damage the lightning had done, he saw a green and yellow striped stream moving towards the blastzone. Bob felt a bit odd. He was still under the effects of being blinded by the lightning but a moving green and yellow thing in a wavy line is definitely not water. His hearing slowly started to return as well but there was a hissing sound as it came back. Bob thought his ears still had something wrong but the louder the sound got he realized it. Green and yellow striped, hissing and slithering on the ground? It was a snake!

The lightning blast must have woken it up from its hibernation and attracted it to the nearest heat source. There was no time and Bob made a frantic grab for the sword on the ground from earlier missing its hilt a few times before he could go for the snake. Swinging his sword wildly at the ground he could see the wavy lines start to coil around to form a circle and the hissing became more intense. He knew the snake was ready to pounce on its attacker. But even with his currently flawed vision, the snake made a mistake assuming that stance as it made him a bigger target. Bob sliced right into and through the coil leaving the snake to die. When it was over the ground had the red blood contrasting the white snow and slash marks all over the snowing showing how badly Bob missed with his sword. Bob looked for Clyde and spoke to the figure which mostly resembled a human "Are you alright my friend?"

Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 15th, 2011, 12:01 am

Looking at his magic, Clyde loudly whooped and jumped a bit. He was suddenly very excited, and proud of his magic. He wanted to do another!!! However a small bit nagged at him not to, that he was overgiving. He was not so far gone that he could not recognize his own overgiving. Though if he had done much more....

There was still some of the cloud there, enough to maybe make one more bolt of lightning, but as he sat down and rested a bit, he controlled the res and floated it in place. Even if he returned it, he would not get it all back... maybe it would be better to just use it....

He thought this with the draw of reimancy calling at him. Either way he had already overgiven a bit, since it was his first time using a magic such as a bolt of lightning. Next time he would not be as badly affected....

Looking at Bob once more, he seemed to be much more affected. Though Clyde was simply blinded for a few seconds, and deafened for few dozen moments, Clyde was totally wigging out, and seemed to have lost all senses, both physical and mental. He sat there thrashing about, waving his sword at something Clyde could not see.

"So, that was awesome right! Lightning is the best!!! I would not want to get hit by one of those!!! Im fine, everything went according to plan!!!"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 15th, 2011, 9:06 am

With the ringing still in the ears some of the words Clyde said was did not make sense. Only the short ones like hit and plan could be heard properly making Bob wonder if the snake incident was not an accident. "Yeah that was interesting. What would happen if we make both or ours clash?"

Bob was getting a little bit excited about the lightning as well. Not through overgiving but with the temporary blindness, deafness and the snake attack, Bob had a lot of adrenaline pumping through him. Bob knew that Clyde was definitely a lot better in reimancy than him, but it was all in good clean fun. Another gamble to Bob to feed the thrill. Saying that, he drew another circle on his hand with the stick on his palm. It itched when he accidentally touched the torn skin on the sides but Bob ignored it as he continued on with the circle. Then using the fosuc to help him, Bob started to accumulate res, enough so he can start attracting. He stooped down on the ground and started to attract the snow and the waterball on his hand started to form. It took on an ominous shade of light red when it was fully formed having mixed with the blood of the snake as well. All Bob could say when seeing it was "Weird...
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next