[Rearing Stallion] Tonight We Drink! (Closed and Done)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Rearing Stallion] Tonight We Drink! (Open)

Postby Devandre on January 24th, 2010, 3:18 am

Timestamp: 48th day of Winter

Even though he was somewhat unconcerned while he left the Rearing Horse. He did remember bumping into someone on his way out. Paying it no attention as he rounded into the alley way. He was a little caught off guard feeling a swift hand fall upon his shoulder, but very quick to recover as a gauntlet protected hand comes down on the attackers own. Breaking free and quick to scoot a little ways down into the alley. When he feels he is at a sound distance from the kelvic, he draws his bow and an arrow which is quickly drawn back and aimed at the sternum of the attacker

"You ssstupid mutt. I should of killed you when I had the chance..." His eyes narrow as they focus on not the Fruity haired Kelvic. But what looks to be another human, covered in black leather. He wasn't sure if it was just his eyes but he looked familiar, some features of the body closely resembled his own, which side of his heritage he was not sure.

"Pitty, I wass hoping to have nice dog for dinner tonight. But I can make do with whatever I can get. Move and you will have my arrow buried deep in your chessst! What are you Dhani or human?" Devandre knew that he was part Dhani, but wasn't sure if it was safe to reveal the other side of his heritage to a stranger.
Last edited by Devandre on January 24th, 2010, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devandre
Player

Words: 39870
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2009, 6:45 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 24th, 2010, 3:55 am

Sasin grinned as the Viper broke free. Oh, this would be interesting.

"You ssstupid mutt. I should of killed you when I had the chance..." Sasin scowled softly. He was nothing like that stupid Kelvic. The only kelvic he had even a smidgen of respect for was Calovan.

He laughed, hissing, as the other questioned him. "Oh, you are a funny one, little Dhani. Ssss, But you don't ssmell like one. And your ssense of smell is almost human, if you can mistake me for a Kelvic. What are you? I don't remember sseeing you in the Viper nesst."

He glanced at the arrow pointing towards his chest. He was fast, even by Viper standards. He could easily evade the arrow, but decided to let the boy have his way for now. For he was certain that, by Dhani standards, this one was barely a hatchling.

"I mean you no harm. I ssaw your little performancce with the wine, and I must say, I'm rather impressssed." He said cooly. "Ah, Where are my manners. I'm Nyhana Sasin."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Emily D'Winter on January 24th, 2010, 4:17 am

No reaction! Poo! There were three things Emily D'Winter hated more than anything else. One of them was definitely being ignored. She finished Klane's beer in a single swig and jumped off the counter, landing gracefully on her feet.

With a purpose-filled gait, she quickly caught up to the little doggy and grabbed him from behind, her arms crossing over his chest. "Oh la la, moi petite chien! You 'ave been ignored! Zis is 'orrible." He felt her long nails dig into his clothing. There was a certain amount of pain involved in the technique, but nothing bad. She was just making a point. "I. Absolutely. 'Ate. Being. Ignored! Especially by a little doggy! Poo! Be a good little boy and sit and 'ave a drink with moi!"

She was being irritatingly forceful now. She didn't much care what he did, any reaction now would play into her hands.

All she wanted was a pet doggy! An adorable little pup! What had she done to deserve God's wrath?

Oh yeah.
Emily D'Winter
Player

Words: 1234
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2010, 7:29 pm
Race: Human

Postby Devandre on January 24th, 2010, 4:23 am

Devandre is on his toes as the other speaks he now knows that he is indeed Dhani by the speech. His aim not wavering as he thinks about all the possible outcomes that could happen and thinking about all the ways he could weasel his way out of it.

"I don't know of any viper nest. If that is code for Sunberth...it'ss a rather fitting name."

His own eyes focus enough to watch the dhani's eyes look at the arrow, Devandre studied the face carefully. He sees signs of confidence and quickly thinks of different options in the case the arrow misses. Letting the bow drop and relax slightly as he listens to the Dhani.

"I mean you...I'm Nyhana Sasin."

"It would be nice if I could say it'ss a pleasure to meet you and take the compliment in stridess, but I don't know what your true intentionsss are."
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 24th, 2010, 5:43 am

Sasin hissed angrily as Devandre spoke, taking a step forward. "You jesst, ssurely. Have your parents taught you nothing of our kind?" He scowled. "The vipers nest is just what it sounds. A single nest where all Viper Dhani come together. That is where I came from."

"It would be nice if I could say it'ss a pleasure to meet you and take the compliment in stridess, but I don't know what your true intentionsss are."

He chuckled. "Sso ssusspicious. Not surprising however. I meant nothing. I was under the impression that you too had come from the nest, and I wanted to see if you had any news about the rest of my clutch." He said smoothly. It wasn't entirely true, but it wasn't a lie either.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Devandre on January 24th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Devandre felt threatened again as Sasin took a step forward. Even though in it was in anger he was curious to confirm what he had learned from a book. The arrow and bow were taken completely out of the picture now but Devandre still stayed in a defensive stance.

"Humph the ssame nest. I bet you were babied the first seventy five years of your life, issn't that how Dhani start? Sssory for being suspicious but I am not necesssarily a social butterfly..."

He begins to take step back not wanting to turn his back to the dhani.
"I have no information on any Dhani other then myself and what I have in a book. The only information I can give you is that there has been an increase in Dhani here in Sylira and I find it rather odd."
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Klane on January 24th, 2010, 3:20 pm

As Devandre walked out, Klane considered stalking the man to make sure it wasn't the other Dhani from the festival. Luckily, before he could decide, another figure walked through the doorway. The Kelvic froze. This man was the one from the festival. Klane's thoughts went back to that night. The commotion, the near fight... The near deaths... He gulped nervously, trying to run through his option. All of them ended badly for him, most in reincarnation.

What brought him back to reality was a small pain in his torso. Klane looked down to see what was causing the pain. Of course, the source was that annoying girl... "I. Absolutely. 'Ate. Being. Ignored! Especially by a little doggy! Poo! Be a good little boy and sit and 'ave a drink with moi!" She was seriously getting him pissed off. Making it worse was the fact that she finished his beer.

Klane ripped Emily's hands off of his chest in anger. "Don't you understand?" He kept his voice down so that the two snakes wouldn't hear him from outside, considering they had not left in the first place, "Those two... Snakes, they want to hurt, they want to kill. One of them, the one that smelled less snakey, just stole some wine. And I gotta feeling they are planning something a lot worse than a simple wine theft." He didn't realize a normal human wouldn't be able to smell a snake out of a crowd filled with other scents.

"Ugh! What to do..." Klane honestly considered running out and getting some sleep right there, but something kept him in place. The same force that kept him from running the last time he met the snake. What it was... The Kelvic didn't know.
Klane
X-Slave

Words: 18143
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 4:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 24th, 2010, 8:49 pm

Sasin, far from being offended, merely laughed. "50 years." He corrected. "We're sstill considered children for 50 years. We're only really babied for 25 or 30. Then, we mostly either sstay there for 20 odd years, then leave, or, more commonly, don't leave at all. Me, I left at 60, and never looked back. Although I'm thinking going back for a vissit."

He wasn't sure why he was telling Devandre all of this. Assassin though he was, he still had a shred of mercy and kindness in him, and right now, he somewhat pitied this Dhani who somehow wasn't and knew nothing of his kind, only what the humans could tell him.

Sasin frowned. "An increasse of Dhani? To my knowledge, It's only me. I've not seen any other of my kind. I know nothing more than you do about this." Odd, very odd. He had seen no other Dhani, save this hatchling, and wondered about this "increase".
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Devandre on January 24th, 2010, 9:57 pm

"One increase in Dhani is enough..."

Devandre loosens up on his defense not feeling very threatened any more.

"Sssince you confirmed what little I know I can sssafely assume you are not from Sssunberth? If this is correct, I apologize for my candor."

The man fixes his cloak and hood as remembrance hits him like an apple thrown by James.

"Are you the one from the Fire fesstival I have heard about? If sso I do not believe we have any busssiness with each other. You draw to much attention, I don't like attention."
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 24th, 2010, 10:22 pm

Sasin snorted. "With that sstupid Kelvic on the loose, no Dhani is safe." He spat. "I was minding my own business when she came and tried to drive me out." He snarled hatefully. "I don't draw attention. But it's hard not to when a Racist Cat kelvic comes sniffing. Mark my word, you're in the same position as I. Do you think she'll care if you're only half Dhani? She'll only see what she want's to see." He seethed.

"We're all going to attract attention. You, Me, and the other Dhani here." He said softly. "They wanted to kill me. What's to stop them from trying again, when there's no crowd. They won't care who they kill, as long as it's a Dhani. You, a half-blood, are far more at risk than I. You can't shift, can you?" He said quietly. It was a fact.

"You're a thief, I can see that much. And you're good with a bow. But do you really think that'll help when a huge forest can comes tearing at you? All that'll do is give her justification."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext