[Rearing Stallion] Tonight We Drink! (Closed and Done)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] Tonight We Drink! (Closed and Done)

Postby Klane on January 21st, 2010, 11:07 pm

Timestamp: 48th day of Winter
Purpose: To drink away
For who: Open to all

Klane had never really been a drinker. His circumstances through most of his life helped make that true. For when your a slave, there's not too many places to drink. Before now he had also felt extremely nervous around other people, too much so if your going to spend the night drinking and still have a good time. Once again, this was a byproduct of slavery. Two days ago, through, there was the mid-winter festival. This event rearranged the Kelvic's thoughts on life. I'm not saying he's the happiest man on the planet, his not by the way. He's still nervous and paranoid, but he has a larger sense of the value that life holds. He's beginning to understand that not all people are evil, and as such, he is more comfortable in company of others than before.

But, that's enough about his history, for tonight, tonight nothing that ever happened before will matter. Those thoughts and memories can wait until tomorrow. For tonight, tonight we drink!

Klane walked into the Rearing Stallion sighing in relief. He'd expected one of two things for his first time drinking. 1.) Bar fights destroying the tavern, or 2.) Prices through the roof that would make Klane break. Luckily, neither was true. Instead he walked in upon a more... stable atmosphere. Friends sharing laughs and other simple activities. The prices were light enough that Klane could do what he came here for, and he would. He'd promised himself after all.

The Kelvic sat down onto a barstool and began simply, "One mug of beer, please." To which the bartender complied without a second glance, unaware that this was the mans first time drinking. He handed Klane the beer, and Klane tasted it. Alright, this stuff isn't bad... And then... Then the night began.
Last edited by Klane on February 7th, 2010, 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Klane
X-Slave

Words: 18143
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 4:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Re: [Rearing Stallion] Tonight We Drink! (Open)

Postby Emily D'Winter on January 23rd, 2010, 8:02 pm

"You've never had ze Sylirasian beer, have you?" The little girl next to Klane had watched him take his first sip with interest, and recognized that look of a new taste that he gave no effort to hide. She herself was perhaps preteen, perhaps a young teen. Her frame was definitely slight and there was no sign of a curve upon her young features. Her pale face had the look of the perfect cherub and her dull black dress a little too adult in color and style.

She was drinking some wine out of a long flute, and her little feet knocked together under the barcounter. It was a deep red wine, and clearly very fruity... although perhaps not as fruity as Klane's hair.

"I could tell because you had a look on your face like 'I wonder what zis will taste like', and you came into the bar withz a lot of apprehension like you haven't been to one before... at least not zis one." Her voice carried that sing-song chatter that children did.

She then grabbed Klane's arm with her own, as though she needed a sudden steadying. "Oh la la, I sink zat zis wine is headier than I remember. Won't you protect me from all the bad men who would take advantage of a little little girl like moi?"

She batted her eyelashes at him a rather insane number of times. Either she thought she was older than she was or she was just being cute. In actuality, she was thinking about how she always wanted a pet.
Emily D'Winter
Player

Words: 1234
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2010, 7:29 pm
Race: Human

Postby Klane on January 23rd, 2010, 8:25 pm

Klane looked nervously down at the girl with an equally nervous and fake smile. Sure he had promised himself he would try and be friendly from now on, especially tonight, but this girl was starting pushing him overboard. She was just... What's the word... Weird. He continued to look down as he spoke, "Umm, hello there. Aren't you a little young to be getting drunk? Perhaps you should be leaving..." He looked away, hoping to be done with the girl, and took a few more gulps of his beer before looking back at the girl, her eyelashes batting like crazy. The Kelvic moved his stool a litle bit away from the girl before continuing to sip from the mug. Maybe a night out like this wasn't such a good idea, Klane thought.
Klane
X-Slave

Character sheet

Postby Emily D'Winter on January 23rd, 2010, 9:20 pm

"Hmmhmmhmm..." She giggled, scooting off of her stool and standing straight up. Ramrod straight, she could not have been four and a half feet tall. "Aren't you a little old to not be drunk, if you know what I mean?"

She made to steady herself on the bar, and motioned the bartender to refill her wine flute. "But moi, moi, moi, ze youth of Syliras, 'ow bold zhey have become! You do not even know moi name and you 'ave already asked me to leave with you! How daring. How dramatique! I 'ave 'eard about you types, ze serial womanizer. No doubt you would leave me in ze morning."

She stomped past the seated Klane and took the empty stool on the other side of him, where the bartender returned her now full flute. She was not done with the young man, yet, however, and kept a ready eye on him.

It was like taming hedgehogs. If he was going to sprout his thorns, it'd be now.
Emily D'Winter
Player

Postby Klane on January 23rd, 2010, 9:31 pm

Klane didn't look back towards the girl as he listened. Instead years of being a slave taught him to simply slant his head down, conceal his features of anger and ignore the little brat. He was perfectly fine not being drunk, even though his non-existent tolerance would soon change that state anyway, and this girl should be happy she wasn't dealing with a drunken wolf. Sober ones are bad enough.

In an angered tone, yet with an instinctive hint of caution he spoke quietly, "I'm not in the mood for this, let me be or get out and bring your drunken kid-self with you." Had this event happened a month or so ago, he would've never dared to speak back to anyone other than a fellow slave. Those were his set of rules for living, but it was either understanding or the beer that caused him to realize he didn't have to take crap from children anymore. He was no longer owned.

"I'm not a womanizer either, and if you pursue this topic, you'll just be digging yourself further into trouble, you little brat," Klane added, this time it was definitely the beer speaking.
Klane
X-Slave

Character sheet

Postby Emily D'Winter on January 23rd, 2010, 10:33 pm

"Oh la la, mon ami, you are now getting a little rough with moi?" Coquettish and sly, she stepped onto the counter and lay in front of Klane, putting her tiny hand on the rim of his drink. "Zat is also alright, but perhaps you 'ave 'ad enough of ze drink?" She had hoped that the drink would lighten him up, instead, it made him sullen and angry. Her plea to shut down his consumption would probably not be well met. She was fishing for a reaction.

Her dark, strange eyes peered into Klane's own, and her lip pouted ever so slightly. She didn't stray from meeting his eyes at all. And this rude little doggy definitely needed to be housebroken.

"Moi name is Emily, by ze way, 'ou are?"
Emily D'Winter
Player

Postby Devandre on January 24th, 2010, 12:20 am

48th of Winter 509AV

A dwarf like man walks into the Rearing Stallion. Walking in past an the man stops and smells the air. "Hiss a Kelvic, dog no lesssss." He talks below the audible range of humans and humanoids but not for dog.

Regardless if the Kelvic heard him or not he moves to the Bartender.

"Excuse me sssir, I came in here yessturday asking for a particular wine. This clearly sayssss on the bottle it iss six percent spirit. I asked ssspecifically for four percent." The short man steps onto a crate so that he is more shoulder height then chest height to the tender. Devandre leaves the bottle on the counter where the tender takes a sample of the contents to make sure it is indeed the wine that the dwarf is claiming it to be.

Once satisfied he speaks, "Aye sir we do not have the particular wine right now, I could give you some drinks on the house if you would rather."

"No sssir that will not be necessssary, I would much rather have my mizasssss back." The slitted eyes focusing on the tender.

"No not a problem at all." The tender turns his back to go collect the mizas.

Devandre while the tender's back is turned reaches into his cloak and skillfully and brings out an identical bottle filled with very cheap wine and switches it out for the real wine. This bottle goes back into a hidden pocket away from sight and hidden. Years of practice makes this exchange invisible even though it is quite a bold move to do.

Once the man turns back around and gives Devandre back the ten gold Mizas, he smiles and asks. "Is that all?"

"Indeed it isss my good sssir." Setting one gold Miza down, "A tip for your ssserviss."
Devandre then hops down from the crate and begins to head out the door. Continuing walking and stopping as he notices someone the same height as he is. Studying the child obviously a little alcohol in her.

"Yeesh, they let anyone drink in here don't they now." Passively speaking as he continues his trek toward the door.
Devandre
Player

Words: 39870
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2009, 6:45 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Klane on January 24th, 2010, 12:57 am

Klane tried to ignore the ever-so annoying girl that seemed to be ruining his night. In his failed attempts to look away and block out Emily he noticed a strange fellow walk into the bar.

"Hiss a Kelvic, dog no lesssss." the words caught his attention, yet no one else in the room seemed to notice at all. This wasn't the fact that bothered the Kelvic at all, as he dismissed it for the others were probably enjoying their un-ruined nights. He watched the man intensely to fortify his efforts of ignoring the girl and ended up watching as Devandre performed his theft.

Standing up, Klane pushed away Emily's hand and left his drink as he started walking to intercept this new man. At the very moment he took a whiff of the air and growled. Snakey... Klane thought to himself. Sure, the mid-winter festival lowered his barrier slightly, but something else had also happened at the event. A Dhani had walked in and started a racist commotion. The whole issue put Klane on his toes when it came for snakes, as the Dhani had walked towards the city when he finally left. Darn, snakes...

"Sir," he started picking up the pace to catch up to the man, all thoughts of the girl exiting his head, "Stop there!" The snake at the party was thirsty for blood, this man better not be the same, Klane reflected on the night of the festival. He wasn't normally one to stand up in the face of danger, but he also wasn't willing to standby and watch someone else die. The matter over the stolen wine could have mattered less now, he just wanted to make sure this man wasn't the same one from two nights previous. The same one who could have caused so much more pain than he did.
Klane
X-Slave

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 24th, 2010, 1:28 am

The short man could not hear the kelvic calling to him but it wouldn't of matter one way or the other. Moving out the door, he speaks aloud to himself "Hmm I wonder what I should have for dinner to night? Possibly grasssshoper with thinned potato maybe even something else...." walking down along the building thinking about his delightful dinner and potential feast. Thinking to himself, "Oh my tonight the moon isss out, a perfect night to go out and have a hunt dedicate to Siku. But I can't help but wonder what that kelvic wass doing with that girl. She smelled sweet with blood," He continues to think as he ducks into an alley way.
Devandre
Player

Words: 39870
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2009, 6:45 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 24th, 2010, 2:06 am

Sasin wandered in. By Siku he needed a drink. Walking in, the first thing he noticed was a man sitting with a girl. That man......Gods! It was him! That fool Kelvic. His lips curled into a sneer. He considered killing him, but thought against it. He didn't want to risk being run out of town. Not now.

As he stood by the door, Sasin felt a man brush past him. He was surprised to note that this man was actually shorter than him. "Hiss a Kelvic, dog no lesssss." Sasin started. This man....Dhani for certain. Being that short, he was bound to be Viper. He almost smiled, and stayed where he was, watching this viper.

A thief as well! What fortune. Unfortunatly, the kelvic had seen as well. Mores the pity. He followed this man out the door. As he ducked into an allyway, Sasin made his move. He clapped one hand onto his shoulder.

What Devandre did next would determine Sasin's first impression. A fight would be the best. That would mean a cautious soul, and a possible ally.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next