Small steps of Sight(Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Antar on July 15th, 2011, 1:57 am

8th day of summer, 511av - oocThis thread will develop the characters skills in three primary areas: Glyphing, Mediation, and finally a small bit in Auristics at the end.
Unknown location within the slums... "Grimswald's Grotto."

In parts of the slums where only rats and beggars roamed, a pair of silver haired partners in crime entered a doorway which lead to an unused cistern. On the far side, cloaked in a pair of rags, filthy, and seemingly emaciated a man eyes turned towards them; filled with despair before a faint glimmer of hope came to his eyes at the sight of them both. Hope in sunberth was a rare thing, Noth knew, the place eroded and corroded not only the standards of life, but rather the souls of the people who lived in the city of cutthroats. The old man, with large eyes wet his lips , at first rising to greet them, but then sinking back to his heels as if the very life bled out of them. In a weary voice, the beggar muttered, his voice cracked with the breath he drew as if the man was unaccustomed to speech."I see you have come to see me in my humble abode. To what do I the pleasure?"

Noth smiled a little and stopped about ten feet away from the old man. Ever careful of being in the washed up mage's presence. Taking a small wrapped parcel from his belt he unfolded the cloth to show a glimmer of a old tarnished gold medallion with a faded engraving and two rings attached by a hook to the back of it. The beggar crawled forwards on all fours and reached a hand for the bundle with grief evident in his voice..."My Espalia; Thank you... thank you."

Noth pulled the bundle away and spoke slowly, but softly to the man."Relax, Grimswald. Relax... You will receive this memento in time, but first we must talk about the terms of our price for the services rendered."

The beggar stopped and drew back into his ragged bunch, his eyes sallow and dark with tears unshed as his voice began to waiver, "But- I have nothing to give." The man said gesturing to the sordid place the pitiful wretch took shelter in, "I have nothing." The man looked frantically from one of the white haired individuals to the other as he reeled back in fear. "I have nothing but my life! Is that what you mean? You came to make me a slave or worse?"

Noth held up a hand in a placating gesture as he crooned as if to a child. From this distance he could smell the mead on the old man's breath. "No... no... we are not here for your life. I'll speak plainly: I want you to teach us about what you knew before your life here as a beggar. I need to know about some magic."

The man reeled back as if struck, skirting back like a frightened rat until his back was to the wall, and Noth followed after him. Slowly maintaining eye contact as the old beggar ranted, "No! No! No! I will not... I cannot use the Res, I can't use it! That's how she died you see! My Espalia. She wanted to learn, but during the process... during the process I couldn't control... couldn't control it ! You understand!?!?! She burned alive! Burned in the fires of my magic! That was the last day! That was the last day!"

Noth sidled closer, speaking in a consoling tone. "No Grimswald, I do not wish to learn of reimancy from you... I speak of awakening the mind's eye to your other talent. The talent you still use, don't you Grimswald? The talent that allows you see the auras of others in some fashion. Do you remember what that is old man? Can you say what it is?"

The old man visibly swallowed once before letting loose a frightful whisper, "Auristics..."

Noth smiled and nodded, staring directly into the old man's eyes, "That is the price you must pay Grimswald. You must teach my friend and I here about Auristics, and help us awaken to its use. Do you understand old man?" Noth held up the wrapped bundle, "Do you agree to this, Grimswald? That shall be the price you pay for the return of your dear memory of Espalia?"

The old man, looked at them both with a defeated look in his eye before muttering a single word... "Yes. Yes. But..."

Noth cocked his head to the side, "But what Grimswald? You can say it , we won't hurt you for speaking the truth. What is it?"

The old beggar looked at them both directly in the eyes, his lips trembling in fear."The only way I know how to awaken someone else to auristics is to use a bit of glyphing and meditation. Most are not that patient with me..."

Noth turned his head to the side to glance at Kiara a moment before turning his attention back to the beggar. "Oh... if that's the case, then I guess we both must learn a bit about those as well. We are very patient people when it comes to getting something we want and if its the only way to learn then we better learn as much as we can. Isn't that fair Grimswald? Would you teach us those two things as well?"

The beggar looked at them both almost at the verge of tears, but then a hardened look of resolve came to the man's face as he let out a simple reply..."Okay... I agree. I'll teach you both"
Last edited by Antar on November 1st, 2011, 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Small steps of Sight(Kiara)

Postby Kiara Killraven on July 15th, 2011, 9:48 am

Kiara cursed to herself quietly. That was something she had begun doing often since meeting her similarly pale haired companion. The assassin was one of those few people that had a highly sensitive nose. It wasn't so much that she could smell things more easily, though sometimes that was the case. But for the most part it was her inability to handle over powering scents. First it had been in a wagon full of corpses. Now it was the sewers. So far in a single day Antar had managed to cause her to be put in a situation with foul over powering scents. She amused herself by playing with the tip of one of her dagger's handles as they entered the sewers. She could stab him right now and be done with all this stench. The smile faded from her face as she moved her hand away from it. Then she would have went through all of that at the compound for nothing.

It didn't take them long to find the place the old beggar called home. Kiara found the way the beggar lived, the way he acted, even the way he spoke repulsive. Perhaps after they got their payment she would kill him for the trouble he had caused her. She frowned to herself. That would not work. That was bad business. Now if he did not deliver the auristics as Antar said he would. Then she would kill him.

Kiara craned her neck to look at the package in Antar's hand as he unwrapped it. She had not actually seen what they had been after until now. She had been along but not been privy to the details. She did not mind though. That just meant she had less to worry about when she did her job. Stealing things were a far cry harder then killing someone. A glimmer of gold, tarnished with age, met her stare. The medallion seemed to have odd symbols carved into it. Kiara was unaccustomed to things like magical glyphs. From the looks of it any magic that the metal had once held had long since faded. Now all it was, was what it appeared to be. A useless chunk of metal. Such sentimental things were lost on Kiara.

To her slight amusement Antar refused to give the trinket. The beggar pleaded to the rogue to just give him the item but Antar refused. He was of the same mind as she was. He wanted their payment. Kiara only half listened to the conversation as the beggar attempted to refuse the rogue's request. She only half listened until she heard a single word that gave the two her full attention. Aurisitics. She listened to the rest of the conversation closely. Still the beggar continued to refuse. The assassin's hand had dropped to the hilt of her dagger without thinking. But now she was tempted to draw it. Finally the old mage agreed. A grin spread across the woman's face as she lifted her hand from where it had been resting.
Kiara Killraven
Human Blender

Words: 52221
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2011, 6:14 am
Character sheet

Small steps of Sight(Kiara, Levi)

Postby Antar on October 24th, 2011, 9:08 pm

oocWith approval from levi, I'm going to self mod this for my pc only XD

"On second thought, I'll teach just you. The very gaze of that... woman is quite frightening to the eye. Send her away... before i burn her in half!"

Noth's eyes narrowed, and he spoke coldly, "I thought you didn't use your abilities in reimancy."

"I don't but that woman's eyes are ... unusual to me. I fear them, I hate them! I desire to burn th-"

Noth held out a hand in supplication before cocking his head towards Kiara, and motioning slightly with his chin that she should go. It was obvious the mage was battered, and potentially unbalanced in his mind. Such a facet of interaction with a mage wasn't uncharacteristic after all. They did delve deeply into the sweet whispers often, at even the slightest fault. That was the double edged sword that personal magic brought to one's life. The danger... and part of the allure.

When Kiara had left, Noth turned back towards the beggar mage and attempted to soothe him in a placating voice, "Alright, she's gone, now where do we start? I am a very patient man... I won't mind understanding you will need time for your explanations. Time I am willing to give at least for results later."

"Very well... the first thing you must know is the basic tenets of glyphing. How it works, its history, and its usefulness. What do you know of the subjects so far?"

Noth shrugged and held up his hands in a short shrug. "Not much I'm afraid, I read a book once back in Avanthal which touched briefly on the subject of Auristics, but I don't recall much use out of it. Whenever i tried to practice what it preached my head just got all fuzzy. As for glyphing itself: I know next to nothing aside that it is made of runes that are used in other practices. "

The beggar leaned forwards whispering to Noth, his pitiful voice seeming to be pitched as if he was unveiling secrets, and perhaps he was."Indeed there are some world magics that are incorporating runes as glyphing into it. But the main thing is that each person's glyphing may be completely different from another. The symbols each person uses are unique to their own perspectives. While it is a part of many other magical practices, it is very much worthless on its own. It is a knowledge that assists in other schools of thought, and reckoning. I will show you my take on these runes, and you will copy them yet differentiate on what you feel is right for each one. If you feel that such a rune is wrong for you then do not hesitate to let your instincts speak for themselves. I will say their names, and more the intent of what I wish for them to do while keeping your djed passive, yet elevated for a time."

Slowly, surely, the beggar leaned over and began to scribble in the dirt in front of noth and soon with sweeping strokes a series of figures and runes began to form. After each one, mouthing a strange word , sometimes describing elements, sometimes describing symbolic relationships, like Ward, or Master. Carefully, with every attentiveness to detail he could, Noth began to trace the room, edging them slightly one way or the next so that they might appear more pallateable to his eyes as his hand traced a sketch of sigils in the ground.

"ᛖ e, ᛇ ï, ᛃ j, ᛜ ŋ, ᛈ "

That was what he wrote, now what it meant was completely different. But he looked at his sigils, and then at the beggars and began to draw parallels even if they were not anywhere alike. Tentatively he added a final one to his making, concentrating on a singularly diminutive piece with the mental inflection of precision as he created a glyph which looked like "p^."

The beggar copied his mark with one of his own, Two concentric circles, one larger one about the other and bisected in half by a diagonal line. He copied this glyph as well, adding a refined curve to the line as it waved almost like a gust of wind, and he imprinted a slightly different connotation of "Aim.' from it.

The beggar leaned back, pleased with his work, "Good, you see one of the simplest uses for it. Now I must show you something else with this before we move on. It's uses, and what runes you might use as a Focus. The beggar leaned back and considered a moment what to say next, pressing his lips together to moisten them as he gazed back towards Noth and the pendant he had procured to serve in lieua of payment. "A focus is a central glyph which one concentrates about their djed to assist in harnessing their magics, or at least directing it a little better. But before we go in depth on that, I must tell you a little more of the uses of runes, and how it affecats the uses of glyphing... Glyphing runes as a focus may primarily allow one ot store magic , and then release it later upon activation. But in a barrier they can be used to confine a magical effect into a set space. In more in depth uses they allow you to channel magic into an area, target or path , split its effects, as if one fireball can become two smaller ones, or even combine magical effects to fulfill a greater purpose. Such as perhaps using wind, fire, and water to create a gout of steam or in any form outside of reimancy, enable a shield to be linked to an activation glyph to capture or warn of an intruder. Do you understand?"

Noth was paying rapt attention to the man as he spoke, and he nodded taking every scrap of information in. He'd wondered about the sigils the mage had drawn on his back when he was invested with Res, it made sense that now such a thing might be actual glyphs that were being used to harness or worsen the process, maybe even ones specifically put in place to heighten the pain of the event. "Yes... I understand."And indeed he did, he just had a single question. "Are there other basic uses for runes, outside of focuses etc."

"Indeed... suffice to say there are stories of where glyphing was even able to do something wondrous: it was able to stabilize the most wild of magics. It is my guess that many of the mages who knew this discipline after the valterrian was part of the reasons for many of the populations surviving. An ability to avert catastophre with proper planning, both large and small." The mage's eyes got a faraway look to them as Grimswald started to once again live in the past."But... but... they still could not save my..."

Noth cut the man off, soothing him with his voice as he wanted to keep the man at the task at hand. "Its okay Grimswald. It's okay. Don't worry about it for now. Just tell me about the Focuses... what are they and what they do? Can you show me how to use one?"

The man blinked a moment as his mind snapped back to the present "Of course, of course. Where was I?"

Noth paused for a moment and sighed, "Focuses Grimswald, tell me about Focuses."
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Antar on October 26th, 2011, 5:00 pm

"Yes, yes I see. I apologize about that; we were talking about focuses, focuses... Hrmm... The beggar scratched his head a moment before leaning back to pull out two scattered bits of parchment from an urn , a small bit of chalk, a brush and a vial of ink. It wasn’t long before he laid the first piece of parchment between them. ”Here it is best to show you, and better to ensure you pay attention this way. I will only go into this once.”
The man made a large glyph upon the center of the paper, and inscribed a series of runes in a circle about the largest glyph, ”You might know that runes may be the form one might think of Nader-canoch, an old language that the mages prior to the valterrian used. Even though that language was never meant for writing many languages which came after spelled out the words phonetically. I’ll let you find out more on that some time else and from someone else. I’m just going to stick to glyphing and auristics. In essence, a focus is just a single large glyph that can be used to store a bit of magic. Be it reimancy, or any other form, even shielded items though there is the caveat that you can’t store a free standing shield itself. Guy who taught me glyphing tol’ me that. Normal items that have magic might be stored in a glyph as well.”

“Intriguing.” Noth said, as he made a note to learn shielding later from someone else. Item storage would be useful in the extreme. ”So what are the circle of runes around the focus and how does the focus work?”

A focus works like a ball bouncing off a wall. Whatever you store inside it will come back to you in reverse at the same speed if you were to use a fireball, but other magics and glyphing have other effects. Some say the nuits use ‘em to store constructs, people, or other creatures. Stay away from them nuits, if they’re from sahova. Dangerous lot there.”
Noticing the beggar’s inability to stay on track, Noth prompted him back to the subject again. Keeping his voice pitched in soothing tones as he played with the medallion. Letting the glint of the metal draw Grimswald’s eyes. “I’ll take that in mind, but what’s the barrier do?”

”A barrier is a series of glyphs usually arranged outside the focus, normally a circle but can be another type of shape. It blocks the effect of whatever is in the focus and keeps it contained. It’s not really useful for blocking a real spell coming towards ya’ unless you’re really, really good. Not to mention lucky too. ” The beggar’s eyes glanced furtively towards his keepsake and then back at the paper to calm and remind himself.
“Alright, so you’re saying I could throw a little fireball into this focus, right now and have it absorbed?”

“Not until its set up properly, I haven’t put a trigger on it.” The man held up a hand as Noth was about to ask for an explanation, “Triggers are usually detailed just outside the circle, and are the key to activating ‘em, the basic triggers are just verbal words like, ‘fireball’ but better glyphers can make them quite detailed an unique. They usually deactivate the barrier which in turn activates the release of a focus. Now I want you to relax and duplicate what you’ve seen me do so far before I go on to explain Paths and Switches. You won’t really need those last two for anything basic. But they’re good to know for practice later.”

“Alright I will. “ Noth said as he bent down to begin his task…
Last edited by Antar on October 26th, 2011, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Antar on October 26th, 2011, 6:26 pm

More sets of glyphs were added to the page, a series of three in the upper right corner of the parchment and the old beggar turned to look at him. Noth began to sketch on his own piece of parchment, being as precise as possible. It took a lot longer time then he thought as he was not the best drawer in the world, he only briefly used the skill at work to line out wood cuts, but his attention to detail was meticulous. It still took over a good ten minutes to fabricate the focus and the barrier out correctly using a series of symbols he had practiced before, the telltale divided circle with a squiggle acting as the central focus for ‘aim.’

As an archer he seemed to think that one was best, but he would wonder if he might use this knowledge he was gaining to help imbue arrows which he shot… that would truly be an accomplishment for him. Something that would definitely be useful, especially if he could set a trigger on them for when they came into contact with flesh or blood. But that would be a ways off down the road.

Instead he concentrated on the first step.

Arcing the lines, and keeping the glyphs as near to perfect as he could manage as he made a note to practice, practice and practice until he got this down pat. He wouldn’t trust a malformed glyph with a dangerous spell, but he presumed he’d find something to practice with later. But with time and patience he managed to sketch out something close to what he wanted. The entire time he scribbled he summoned the djed to his hands, not using it just letting it influence the strokes upon the paper. Almost as if his hands were guided by some unseen force that people claimed was on a wiiji board. When he was done he leaned back to show the beggar his work.

oocVery bad word art XD
Code: Select all
       ᛇ ï, ᛃ j, ᛜ             ♦√↨
   e,                    ŋ,
ᛖ                      ᛈ
   ᛇ         ᛃ/ᛜ        ŋ
     e,                ᛜ 
         ᛇ ï, ᛃ j,

The old beggar looked at it before speaking, “Good… Goood. Very good for the first time. Excellent even with all things considered. You learn fast… and now it’s time to tell you about paths and switches. Most of your work will not use all of these components together. But it is good for a demonstration , no?”[/color]

Leaning over his own piece of parchment the beggar began to draw another barrier about six inches to the right of his first sigil, completely enclosing the first within its arc. Then marked in the area inside of the space where the second circle did not overlap the first a a series of arrows and lines. ←↑→.

Between the two concentric circles he marked a series of glyphs in a line, two of them connecting each barrier to the other. When he was finished the beggar leaned back to tell Noth, “Good, now cast the smallest bit of fire into the first focus that you can.”
Nodding to comply, Noth began to summon a small teaspoon of res from the pores of skin on his palm and brought them to hover over the first circle’s focus before he ignited the outer sphere in a haze of bluish fire. Without a thought, and halfway expecting the paper to be burned away in a small wash of fire, he threw it downwards towards the central focus.

Much to his amazement, the fireball entered the glyph and the drawn mark seemed to glow a little before it cooled back to normal. “Alright, step back and watch carefully as I say the trigger. “Barnesworth.’

The next happenings seemed amazing to him as the trigger glyph glowed slightly before the first barrier circle was dissolved was dissolved, and the glyph of the focus glowed an eerie blue before the power within it struck outwards along the paths to the switch. Soon, where there had been one small ball of fire , two tinier ones came out. They rose harmlessly into the air before the fires dissipated leaving only a faint tinge of ozone that came with smoke.

In the glyphings work, the scroll’s inking slowly crumbled to ash and became dust. The djed of the object successfully used up to set up the reaction of the glyph’s release of the fireball. ”This is one of the hazards of glyphing, they tend to only be able to be used once when storing unless etched in steel by the greatest of glyphers. But, Switches are useful even if they come in two types: those that split an effect, by power or function. You saw me demonstrate the first one here. The second I will merely explain separates the elements of magic that are used in them or forces them to remerge, such as water, and air in two focuses merged to one along a path and split to make a combination of their effects: fire and air. There are many combinations, but I'm sure you will discover them in due time.

For now there is another use for glyphing, a passive or active use to help one concentrate the ability of another craft. Ink on your hands or palm will only serve to be used once to help you concentrate a spell. Which is what I wish for you to do next: Draw a focus and a barrier on your palm and we shall see if you can hit a smaller target with a glyphed out sigil’s help.

Do you understand? Afterwards, if you are successful I will begin to draw upon you several glyphs that we will use in combination with meditation to allow you to hopefully take your first steps of auristics.”

Noth nodded his assent and took the quill and ink and began to draw upon his palm.
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Antar on November 1st, 2011, 7:02 pm

Humpty dumpty sat on a wall …. Humpty dumpty had a great fall… Oh lord if only describing the drawing of squiggles and angled lines of runes on one hand could be as easy as an ancient nursery rhyme from… ‘wait, where was that from?’

Noth dismissed such errant thoughts as he concentrated on what task he was doing… using ink on skin was a lot harder than using it upon parchment. One had to deal with the curvature of one’s skin. The coarseness of callouses, and the bumps the bones in your hand had to be carefully drawn over. The ink might run into the sweat, but at least he had dried his hands off on his pants before he began.

Taking every measure of the tedious task slowly, Noth strove for perfection. He didn't have to hurry, and even though the process took the better part of the half a bell the rogue eventually felt his work was ready.

Concentrating another small amount of djed, to allow the fluid res to seep from his pores, he gathered it and aimed it at the wall towards a particular stone as he set the exterior alight. The small fireball hit the moss covered target, much easier then when he had simply summoned his djed and aimed the res before. The sigils and the ring of the barrier seemed to enhance the archer’s natural affinity for aiming before. It had been a long arduous process to hone his technique, one born over several days of struggling to master this cursed ability of his. Glyphing was a means to help him do that, so he was interested in its effects. But how did one know how long the circles would last? With that thought in mind, Noth turned his hands over and he could already see the ink becoming runny and destroyed as its markings faded from his hands.

As you can see, as a beginner glypher, one’s works may not hold up for much more then a single casting. But that first strike might be the key between your death and another day you live. However, Glyphing as a whole tends to be more passive in its uses. Though you have performed well enough as a student You have seemed to grasp the basics quite readily. Now it’s time to move on… For this exercise I will begin to glyph several patterns upon your brow , hands and arms in an effort to help you meditate so we may try to awaken you to auristics. You will then as a final practice do the same to me, though will not complete any barrier circles. I do not need them for such a simple tasks.”

Nodding to show he had heard the old Beggar, Noth cordially inched forwards a little to bridge the distance between them as he sat cross legged on the ground. "So where should I begin?"
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Antar on November 1st, 2011, 9:13 pm

"Around the eyes, and the forehead. Mark your scrawls for clarity, sight and calmness."

"Very well." Noth began his work, taking his time to carefully ink the scrawlings and sigils of what he thought would work in a circular pattern around the old beggar's eyes. "ç Ω ╙ ┌ Ü ⌡ â ♫ Å ╥."
He didn't complete the barrier though, leaving a good quarter of it blank as he had been instructed.

It was an odd sensation to working on a moving canvas as small lines of ink were painted across his own features and face, but soon enough the beggar's work was done and he waited patiently for Noth to finish the focus for sight upon the eyelid. But soon Noth put the ink down and moved back. "Alright then, what is next, Grimswald?"

"Now is the basics of meditation, for you will find only by curbing your impulses to view things clearly will you understand the basics of learning a few things easier. Voiding, when you can meditate enough for instance might come simply by concentrating on the idea of nothingness until your djed creates such a thing. But I will not be showing you that. I will be showing you how to meditate first by focusing your thoughts on a single thing. A device that will help you tune your body and mind, and be more receptive to new thoughts and feelings while maintaining the proper distance from your surroundings. The ability to focus on one thing clearly so that is all you are considering."

"Alright. How do I start?"

"First, concentrate on relaxing the body whilst keeping the back straight, not rigid, you may wish to simply be sitting when this is done, and it will be best later to concentrate in a setting familiar to you. A place where you are comfortable will help you as you practice."

"Very well Grimswald. I shall begin. You have done well in your teachings so far. Soon, you will have your just rewards. The memento will be given back so long as a diligent effort is attempted."
"Thank you, but please begin. The sooner this is over, the sooner I will have my rest."

Noth nodded once and thought about that fact a little as the old beggar's words made sense to him. A person's thoughts in a csetting that was comfortable to them, or peaceful was much better then in a place full of chaos or peril. Though the closest thing he'd imagine that to be in a place like Sunberth would be his tent. He nodded and began to put the old beggars words into action, adjusting his posture long enough to where he was sitting comfortably, straight but not too straight.

"You should slow your breathing down so that it becomes deep and rhythmic. This is the second step. "

Without speaking again, Noth began to do as he was told. He concentrated on each breath, the indrawn and the exhalations becoming metered in their passage of time. His breathing stayed rhythmic for almost five chimes before the beggar spoke again.

"Third, developing a single item of concentration. This is a gentle focusing on any object of concentration that is significant to you. It could be anything, so we can keep our thoughts at bay, allowing us to experience some quietness, ‘enter’ the object of concentration and, with practice, pass beyond the ‘noisy’ mind. You seem to have a strong mind already, so pick something that you can focus on wholly."

Antar's mind wandered a little, until he found the perfect focus: his memory of the iced over falls of Avanthal. He could recall the cold of that day, the cold white simplicity fading to the many glazen hues of ice that reflected the sun's rays, to the shadows' below the fall's base. A frozen stream locked in time. It was a perfect thing to focus upon, and soon his mind began to shed all the fretful distractions as his breathing began to almost still.

He heard Grimswald's voice speaking to him, as if it was from a great distance to his consciousness. "Yes, I see you are almost ready... now begin to surge your djed to your senses, do not use them there, simply bring it to your eyes, your ears, your sense of smell , or touch and leave it there, letting it form a base for what they can sense of others djed. But do not let the new sensations distract you. Keep the focus in your mind and then open your eyes to see, breathe deeply to smell, and simply experience what is around you."

The liquid lightning began to boil in his stomach, the same sensation he felt when beginning to cast a bit of reimancy. He let the feeling rise up his spine and felt a peculiar tingling at the back of his eyes. He almost swore when he concentrated beyond the sensations though he could feel the coldness of the creek, see the glinting of light through the icicles, and as he opened his eyes to look at Grimswald a thin theel of swirling color could be seen around the man, blues and reds, Dark purples of mourning. But that was not all, to his nose came the simple acrid smell of burning charcoal, something he noted as 'tinged' with ressentiment. Not resentment, but ressentiment, a blend of hatred, disgust, and loathing the man felt towards himself.

For a moment, the sight and sensations hovered in the air, and a bead of sweat came upon his brow. It was a struggle to hold the focus, and see 'beyond' it to the swirling colors of the man, but at the very least... he knew what it was. Finally, Noth let it go and breathed out deeply, unaware that he had been simply holding his breath. The colors and the smell vanished. Replaced by a peculiar sensation upon his brow. Drawing his dagger to use its surface as a mirror he could see and feel the ink upon his face fade and disappear as it dissipated.

He sheathed his blade quickly as the old man reared back before reaching up towards the memento he held. Without a single word, he threw it towards the old man, and left with a slight bow. Grimswald clutched the memento of his wife to his chest with a keening cry and scampered towards the back of the house as Noth was left alone.

His work was done here. He had learned many useful things. Only be time and practice would serve to strengthen what he learned.
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cachet on November 4th, 2011, 11:56 am

Antar :
Antar
SKILLS
Glyphing: 4
Meditation: 3
Auristics: 3
Reimancy: 3

LORE
Glyphing: The first Step (basic)
Glyphing Methodology and Uses(basics)
Glyphing: Item storage possibilities(basic)
Meditation: The steps of meditation(basic)
Auristics: The first step
Aurisitics Methodology and Uses(basic)
Glyphing to enhance Reimancy(basic)
Glyphing to enhance Auristics(basic)

Misc Notes:I liked the little box of coding for showing the layout of the rune. Made things interesting for me.

Anything seem out of place? Any questions please feel free to contact me ASAP.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Staff account
Office