[Flashback]Sealing and Storing with Sigils[Bob]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 26th, 2011, 9:31 pm

"Yes, if you tried to do that, they could see the magic as you used it. Any serious establishment will most likely have an auristics user watching just in case someone tries to do just that. So I would not do it in such a place."

"It is not so easy to hide, or to detect others using auristics. If you are an aurist yourself, you can hide your aura at higher skills from lower skilled people, but your magic itself, this will always be very obvious to a skilled aurist. There is no way to hide it from them. Heck it is even hard to hide it from a fellow magic user, like me, who has no skill yet in auristics. As I'm sure you remember."

Handing over the scroll, Clyde ignored Bob's weird comment. He had come to learn not to bother thinking them over, as they did not often make sense. He did wonder though what false presumption he was under to think them. No matter, nothing to worry over...

Listening, he smiled, he doubted Bob had anything on him that was worth the scroll, though for that matter how much would such a scroll even be worth. So he decided to just jokingly answer.

"How about your soul, I could always use another one of those? Plus you are probably not using it anyways right?"

He smiled while saying this, saying it a bit nonchalantly, without really thinking of his words. He of course had no way of knowing what effect this might have on Bob, from what he believed of Clyde.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 27th, 2011, 4:20 am

Alright, so Bob is now going to have to find out more about auristics and probably learn it. From a different teacher as well since Clyde here seems to not know how to use it eventhough he knew a lot of its theory and explained it already.

The lightning scroll he got earlier, Bob put in his backpack as he was rummaging. Then Clyde said something scary. Its like the whole day was nothing but scary statements for Bob but this one really reached the peak. Bob's soul? What kind of god was this? One of the evil ones? Bob started to think he got himself into something really out of his league this time.

Bob paused looking through his stuff a little bit in shock and chuckled to hide his fear. "M-my...S-s-soul?!? It is quite n-nice g-gi-gift but... Hurriedly, Bob continued looking through his stuff. Then he found what he was looking for. In one hand Bob held on to his sword and with the other he held on to a die. Then the turned around to face Clyde showing the new objects. Of course in his panicked state of mind at that point, his was waving the sword at Clyde excitedly and grasping the die firmly with his hand. Bob wanted to speak out that he is willing to teach some other skills, and not give his soul but he choked and only was able to say "Instead of my s-s-soul, how about a s-sw-sword and *hack* d-d-die?" Hopefully Clyde would not see his words and actions as Bob threatening him due to recent comments.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 27th, 2011, 4:43 am

Once more Clyde watched as Bob acted strangely. He seemed to do this quite often, and Clyde was beginning to think Bob's brains were addled. As he overreacted, Clyde took a few steps back.

As he waved his sword tip around wildly, he got a bit worried. Clyde did his best to keep a strained smile on his face, and not look worried.

"Uhm... I was just joking, I don't want your soul... Or for you to hack me up with your sword... Though that was a... interesting offer..."

"Could you explain that last part, because I don't think I got it. And you can give something if you want, but the scroll was a gift, no strings attached, you do not have to give anything in return. I am not selling it to you."

He was not sure what was going on, or what new misunderstanding Bob had gone to, but he hoped he would not try to stab him in the meantime. He did not feel like roasting his student.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 27th, 2011, 7:58 am

Phew, Clyde was just joking about wanting Bob's soul. What sort of weird sense of humor goes on in the brains of these gods is something a mere mortal like Bob would never be able to comprehend. But whats that about hacking Clyde up with a sword? Bob looked at himself again and found himself nervously flailing his sword and fist. "Damn, if I keep letting my emotions get to me I will never be a good gambler" Bob thought as he looked over his own actions.

Bob flipped over his sword and it circled in a wide arc so that even as he held it over at Clyde's direction, it would be pointed downwards at the ground. A practiced action he learned from his master, more for performance rather than a fight. Then he opened his other hand to reveal the die to Clyde. Taking a deep breath to calm his down so he won't blurt something which would be misunderstood again, Bob repeated his offer.

"Huff! Instead of my soul, how about I teach you how to use a sword or play with dice? After all those magic things you have taught me I guess its my turn to teach you something."
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 27th, 2011, 3:48 pm

Looking over, Clyde was glad Bob had calmed down a bit. That was always a good sign, when people stopped waving the point of there sword near your nose. And Clyde was rather attached to his nose. And he planned to stay that way!

"I suppose you could do that, but not today. It is starting to get a bit late, and I need to get home. Perhaps you could teach me some about a sword the next we meet?"

"It could be useful to learn to wield a short sword or even a long one like the knights use. Though I think I might be better with a smaller one..."

"I suppose if we are to train, you will have to bring along one for me to use, along with your own.What kind of sword do you use? I don't know the name of that type."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 27th, 2011, 5:05 pm

While waiting for Clyde's decision and for him to finish his lengthy answer, Bob twiddled around with his die and twirled his sword round and round in a circular motion. At all times moving his fingers and thumbs very fast alternately to ensure that the handle will always be held on by something and not drop from his hands just like he practiced over and over again when his master taught it to him. After offering to teach the sword, it will be a shame to drop the sword like some sort of novice. Not to say that Bob is that great a swordsman to begin with.

"Whoa, hold on a second. Who said we were using swords right at the start?" and stopped twirling his sword only to hold on to it as hard as possible. "Like magic, these things are dangerous unless you learn them properly!" As Bob finished saying that he went up to a tree and lifted the sword above his head with two hands. The snow was quite slippery so Bob dug in his feet deep and twisted them inwards so he won't lose his balance. With all his strength, he brought his sword down on a branch at one of the thinner parts slicing it off right off without so much as a sound.

Bob stopped down and picked up the branch he cut off "We will be using this to try and learn first. I didn't learn with any specific sword, more like I learnt a style...a dance. What I will be teaching you is not how to use a sword, but how to move with a sword just like what my master taught me." When Bob said "move", he also tossed the stick toward's Clyde's body, looking closely to see how the boy would catch it.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 27th, 2011, 5:47 pm

Sword... Dancing? Why would someone learn that? It would not even be useful in a fight. As he looked around, he noticed the sun was starting to get lower. They needed to leave soon, or they would not make it back before dark.

Just then, Bob threw a stick at him, for some unknown reason. Throwing up a hand, he went to grab at it, but ended up just batting it away. He tended to react by pushing things away when they came flying at him, not by grabbing them.

"Uhm, whats with the stick throwing? And though I am sure you find use for it? What exactly is the point in learning to dance with a sword? If not used for combat, it seems rather pointless for me to learn it.... I don't know how useful such a thing would be for me."

"Either way, it is getting late, we need to head back soon. I don't want to be out here at night."

In truth, Clyde was trying very hard to not be rude. He had come to like Bob, and did not want to hurt his feelings. If anyone else had said the same thing, his response would have been a lot harsher. But for him he did try to put it nicely.

He was just not the type of person to use such a thing, and he did not see when he would ever use such a skill.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 28th, 2011, 1:10 am

Bob looked at Clyde with a little disappointment. Someone who knew the art of magic from such a young age. Knowledge which is frowned on by everyone else especially the knights and now he is doing the same just because its called sword dancing. Oh well, Bob would just have to try and show him what sword dancing can do. Hopefully it can do the trick in convincing him.

"Its called dancing but it has practical combat use. Its like you won't tell everyone that you know magic right? Its the same here. We tell people its "dancing" and they laugh right until they get their ass kicked by us." Bob looked down at the stick on the ground. Clyde still didn't know how to handle a sword yet but after a bit, he should know some basics. "Why don't you pick up the stick and pretend its a sword. Then try and attack me with it first before going home. That should change your mind." As Bob said that, he tossed his sword away to the side.

While Clyde would think and probably figure out what to do with the stick, Bob started to prepare. First he looked at the lay of the land. Looking for obstacles which would mess up his movements. After he was done memorizing them, Bob went dug his foot into the ground again and extended his arm "Simple enough, the stick is your "sword" and mine is my arm. Whoever nails the other wins. And use ONLY those" Bob cheats a lot and did not want Clyde to do the same as him.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 28th, 2011, 1:42 am

Clyde watched as Bob continued on. He was quite persistent with it, and really wanted to teach him. He did not see how it was similar to magic, but he tried to humor Bob.

Walking over to the proffered stick, Clyde got it up. He held it loosely with both hands, and pointed it out away from him. He just did not see the point in learning to dance. Maybe to stab or slash, to supplement his magic... But sword dancing? It was just silly.

"Okay, I will try. But I do not see the point. And I don't mean on the stick, I meant... oh well, you get what I mean..."

Moving forward, Clyde went to do a downward stroke at Bob. It was nothing fancy, pretty straightforward. Obviously Bob was trying to prove something by this, and thought whatever he did would prove something to him. He just did not see what. But he would humor him a bit more...
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 28th, 2011, 2:06 am

Bob watched as Clyde went over to pick up the stick and assumed his stance. It was ok enough but Clyde was not used to it. His body was pretty stiff and tense eventhough he held it loosely. And why is he holding it with two hands for a stick that size? It is only going to limit his movements and make them more predictable. Or was the boy just that weak physically despite his magical powers?

Clyde came forward and Bob was already as prepared as he could be. The game is on. Clyde did a ordinary downward stroke which is normally effective. But with Clyde's inexperience and him using both hands, Bob who was already observing could already easily see what he was going to do. How? Because Clyde had not one, but two indicators which are his arms and both had to move in unison which is hard for those who are inexperienced. Clyde's movements were jerky at best, slowing him down and showing Bob what he intended to do.

All Bob had to do was sidestep the stick to completely avoid it. "Here is your first mistake." Bob said as he aimed a blow at Clyde's hands which held the stick. "One...you are using both hands for this. A sword this size would only need one hand or you are just going to mess up your movements."

Continuing his steps, Bob put one foot at a time. Avoiding any mounds of snow or rocks which were jutting out and keeping as near to Clyde as possible so he would be well outside his effective reach. One large and quick step got Bob right in front of Clyde which would hopefully give the young inexperienced boy a little shock. The second and third put him beside while the fourth got Bob right behind him. With all that done, Bob just prodded Clyde's back with his finger. "Second, you think swords are only good for hitting. If that was enough your reimancy is all you need to know. But in sword dancing, its all about movement. People can't hit what they cannot touch right?" Bob smiled hoping that Clyde finally got the "point".
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext