(Open) The end of one thing is the beginning of another

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Re: (Open) The end of one thing is the beginning of another

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 28th, 2010, 11:50 am

Sasin smirked. "Really now? Interessting." Actually, it wasn't. But who cared.

"I like brutal. Entrails all over the floor, and ssuch alike." He said cheerfully. Maybe a little too cheerfully.

He suddenly stopped. "Sstop. 2 humans, and a kelvic up ahead. Is your dog still with us? Get him to circle around and approach within smelling distance. If that Kelvic is any good, He'll be distracted by him."

He considered the possibilities. They could just rush in and destroy them, but something told him not too. "We should take a prisoner or two. There's no way that three bandits could have done all of this. They're probably part of a bigger group."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tandra on January 29th, 2010, 12:44 am

"well, you are obviously a bloodthirsty maniac...... just what i need" said Tandra
"git way around" he said to one of his nearby dogs, and the hound began to circle around the enemy, and the Kelvic was distracted.

Tandra got his bow out, and counted his arrows
"only three arrows left, if i miss, then you can kill them"

He bought his bow up, and bought the arrow up as well.... he adjusted his aim, and calculated the wind and fired.

when the arrow was halfway, the wind changed suddenly, and the arrow missed
"damnit" grunted Tandra as he prepared another arrow

"crap! we got an archer on us!" yelled the bigger of the bandits
Tandra
Player

Words: 4007
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2010, 10:35 am
Race: Charoda

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 29th, 2010, 2:01 am

"I call dibs on the kelvic." He hissed. Slithering off into the underbrush, he caught the scent of the kelvic. "Fox...." He hissed hatefully. "You'll make good eating." He decided, springing out at the fox kelvic.

His foe let out a yowl, and shifted into his fox form. Sasin barred his fangs at the fox, hissing. They both just stood there, staring at each other, before the fox broke the stale mate by springing at him. He rolled to the side, and sprang at the fox. The two collided head on, becoming a writhing mass of fur and fangs and claws and scales, before they broke away. The fox had an injured leg, but Sasin now sported an ugly wound down his chest.

He hissed in pain, but came at the fox again. This time, he wrapped the end of his tail around the fox's front paw, and yanked. Caught by surprise, the fox tumbled down. In a flash, Sasin was on top of him, his tail coming towards the Fox's head. He was no rattler, but it was enough to knock the fox unconsious.

Turning, Sasin looked for the dog and the Charoda.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tandra on January 29th, 2010, 1:04 pm

now only 2 bandits remained, and they both charged at Tandra, and Tandra bought out his blade and rode at them.

they had not noticed the Kelvic was done for, and the battle with them distracted them as the dog came running behind them, and bit the smaller one on the back of the neck, reagging him down.
"Pick!" yelled the big one, just before his neck was cut open by Tandra.
"dont let yourself be distracted in battle..... fool!"

he dismounted the horse, and swung his sword, spraying the blood of his fallen foe all over the captive smaller bandit
"please... plea..... no *sob*" whinned the now captive bandit
"you will answer me now.... or i will have my hound tear the back of your neck and break your spinal colum!"
"oh by the gods! i'll talk!! i'll talk!"

Tandra grinned
"good... now where is your camp?"
"d...d... down by the river, follow the smell of leather and burning coal, you can't miss it"
"WHERE!?" screeched Tandra in his native tounge, it sounded like a loud "skreee!", it made all wildlife scatter to escape the sound.
"aaaaah!! please... it is half a mile, east-west... but most of the outside is filled with traps, you can either brave the traps, or attack hear-on" wimpered the captive bandit
"hrmph... you! snake-beast! i have a meal for you!"
(by "snake-beast" he was reffering to Sasin)
Tandra
Player

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 29th, 2010, 8:54 pm

Sasin looked up in time to see Tandra kill his opponent. As he listened to the bandit cry, his mind gears sprang into action. It was in his nature to question everything. After rolling the question in his mind for a moment, then made his decision. He walked over to Tandra.

"hrmph... you! snake-beast! i have a meal for you!"

"I'm right behind you, you know." He remarked dryly. Putting his hand on the Charoda's shoulder, he tugged the Farmer to the side. The prisoner shifted slightly, and in a flash, Sasin was besides him, holding a dagger to his neck. No words were spoken, but the message was clear. He held the dagger for a moment, and then he was back with Tandra. He started speaking in a quiet voice.

"That wass too easy."
He said."He gave up too ssoon. There'ss no way this man had the balls to set your house on fire. That leaves two options. Either we've got the wrong banditsss, or this man is a very talented actor. The smell.... We've got the right bandits. Which meansss that thisss man could be lying to you. Now, I have no doubt you're very intimidating and all, but many bandit leaders are scary to the average bandit. I suggest that we tie up your prisoner, while I question mine. Let's see how much torture a Kelvic can take, shall we. And, judging by the sun, it looks like it's gonna be dusk soon. Do you want to camp hear for the night? I've heard that you Charoda don't have vision quite like ours."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tandra on January 30th, 2010, 3:48 am

Tandra nodded
"i guess so..." he said.

he tied up his prisoner underneath his horse
"now, whenever my mount urinates, you will get a face-full of horse-piss!... when you're ready to talk, just say so.

he placed his sword underneath the bandit, it was pointing upwards.
"and, if you free yourselv, you will end up impaling yourself"
"ah damn it!... i only joined up a couple of days before! all i've done is rob a few people and burn the house! please, i don't deserve this!"
"this is a better fate than a common bandit deserves, you made your choice, now stick with it to the end!"

after he said this, the bandit began to try and untie himself, so Tandra broke his wrists.
"now, you are dangling by broken wrists!, lets see how long you can last..."
Tandra
Player

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 31st, 2010, 9:31 pm

Sasin smirked at the Charoda. Quite bloodthirsty, it appeared. He slithered over to the kelvic, and tied him up lying on the ground, away from prying eyes. Once he was satisfied, sasin shifted back into his human form. Taking his knife, he smiled. "Wakey wakey." He purred delightedly, as his charge began to stir. Gleefully, he slid the knife down the kelvic's cheek, just parting the skin. He sat back, out of sight, to watch as the kelvic finally woke up enough to understand what was going on.
"Don't bother." He said, startling the Kelvic. "What do you want?" The Kelvic demanded. "Want? I just want some fun." He purred. That was only a half lie. He was only going along with the Charoda because it was fun. And the torture would be fun. But he did want to find out the information. He found reverse phycology worked best.

"Now, let's see if I remember my torture lessons. Probably not, since those were all theory."
He sighed. "Apparently I'm not allowed to torture people until I've been kicked out of the nest and gotten some "experience". Ah well. I'll improvise." He drawled. He could see the kelvic was trying to be all calm and relaxed, but his eyes betrayed his fear. "It's a good thing I paid attention when we were learning theory hands on, eh?" He wasn't sure why he was still talking to this kelvic, but it was working. The kelvic was trembling by now.

"Enough talk, Dhani. Let's see what you've got." The kelvic was brave, he'd grant him that. But oh, the brave one's were the best when they finally broke. Sasin laughed "Oh, I will. And I will enjoy this very much."

He started with the chest, the tip of his knife dragging a line down from collar to navel, cutting through cloth, skin and flesh. "You know, most people don't know this, but I'm actually kind of artistic. It's amazing, right?" He said casually. Saying this, he chose a point about halfway down the line, and started carving patterns on the right side of the kelvics body. Although his knife never entered too deep, the carvings soon filled up with blood, making a river of sorts. Impulsively, Sasin licked the knife. As it turned out, kelvic blood tasted better than human blood. Mm. He looked down on his handiwork, admiring the swirls and curves filled with blood.

The Kelvic didn't seem to be nearly as excited. Understandable, considering he was the canvas. He seemed kind of bored. "Is that it?" He asked. "Oh no. I'm just satisfying my artistic side first."

Grinning, the dhani began really carving, starting with his upper chest, carving deeply, occasionally licking blood off his knife. "Your blood tastes good. I might just take a vial or two later." He joked.

So far, none of the torture had really hurt. He was just warming up here. Thinking for a moment, the Dhani held his prisoners hand palm up, and began carving. Five lines, from palm to finger tip. Sasin dug his knife into the tips of the kelvics fingers. His prisoner whimpered as he gouged out the nerve endings in his fingers.

He was having the time of his life here. It'd been a while since he had someone this stubborn. He started with the other hand. "You have nice hands. I'd never have taken you for a bandit. You seem more of a pick pocket or a con man." He remarked, seemingly not noticing the tears in the Fox's eyes, nor the now constant whimper.

"You know, as fun as this is, that Charoda over there will kill me if I kill you before you tell me information. Good thing you're tough. I wouldn't want to have to let you go before we get started." He said conversationally. "Nice try, Dhani. I'm not telling you anything" The kelvic hissed, glaring at him.

"Good. Now, let's see if we can't speed things up a little here." Sasin placed his knife tip first over a very sensitive area. The kelvic paled, and began to thrash as he realized what sasin was going to do. "Nononononono! I'll tell you everything! Everthing! Like the camp! The camp! It's...It's.."He glanced furtively at the other living prisoner. "Half a mile east west, down the river." Sasin merely gaped. "East....west? Are you stupid?! East is there,"He exclaimed, pointing in one direction "And west is there." He said, pointing in the opposite direction. "Now you tell me, where the camp really is. If not, tell me just where east west is."

The Kelvic gulped. "It's a mile west. There are traps and stuff around." Sasin hissed, leaning in close."How do I know you're not lying." With that, the kelvic broke. He began babbling so fast, sasin couldn't understand a word of it.

Yanking the kelvic up, Sasin brought him over to Tandra. "This one will show us where camp is. "
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tandra on February 1st, 2010, 8:32 am

Tandra turned to look at Sasin.
"ah, good, where did he say? this one said the camp is about a mile west, and we should follow the smell of pork and cooked fish"
as Tandra mentioned the fish he went pale and didn't bother to even hide his disturbed shudder.

After this, Tandra tied up both prisoners
"very impressive, snakey! (he just keeps calling Sasin random snake-names) its almost artistic, thile horrible at the same time... im impressed, tomorow, we will raid the bandits, now... lets discuss the strategy..."

Tandra drew up a rough map on a piece of wood with his knife
"now... i propose, we either go in, challende the leader and kill him, that wil leave a power-vaccume and cause the bandits to start fighting over top possition"
he then pointed at the crudely drawn lake that the prisoners said there was.
"either that, or you lure the bandits over this lake, where i will lay in ambush, and you kill the ones who survive the river-crossing, and i slice up as many as i can while they try and cross the river..."

after a second of thought, he found a major flaw in both plans
"but then there is nothing to stop them drom killing us in a rain of arrows, or if they use poisons....."
Tandra scratched his head
Tandra
Player

Postby Aksia Carataqua on February 3rd, 2010, 12:35 pm

Aksia the Charoda had just finished her morning prayers to Rak'keli, Caiyha and Makutsi and was in the top of her spirits because she had finished a particularly difficult song on her harp that her mother taught her to respect the gods. nothing could hold her down today! She was the happiest Charoda in Mizahar, she always felt happy after the daily soak in water. But something wasn't right, she looked around, and she saw smoke, as well as the smell of food, meat in particular, something that Charodae couldn't eat, she had already grown some nice soft fragrant coral and had eaten it in the bushes after manipulating it.

"Should I or should i not?" she asked herself, but curiosity got the better of her :drool: she ran swiftly across the ground hoping that she would find something interesting. Her common sense bound her but her instinct got the better of her, she felt like a Kelvic, letting her curio get the better of her. She ran on and saw a small company in front, the smoke smoldering and another "Charoda!" she thought suddenly. As well as a huge snake with a several bulges in it's stomach "Dhani..." she thought morbidly as well. She noticed the absence of a meal for the Charoda and quickly laid down a whole Soft Coral that she grew 2 hours ago, in front of him, "Well, i was planning on saving that for later but you can have it" she whispered quietly and left a salve for minor wounds beside him, she left one for the Dhani as well, the salve not the coral, and she walked away, when they awoke she would come to them later... for now, she'd watch and see what they were going to do. "Dear Rak'keli" she whispered as she left hoping that she wouldn't get killed, or even worst, caught. XD (i know, i did that on purpose :D)
Aksia Carataqua
The Dancing Healer

Words: 21277
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2010, 12:30 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nyahna Sasin on February 3rd, 2010, 10:37 pm

Sasin was about to respond when another charoda bounced in front of them, set down a coral and some salves, then ran off. Sasin blinked. Shifting back into his Dhani form, he muttered "Well, that was.....unexpected."

Turning back to Tandra, Sasin said "Well, anyways. There are problems with both your plans. First of all, these are bandits we are talking about. We go in and challenge the leader, he'll just cheat. Second of all, the bandits will retreat the second the first one dies. I have a different idea. I could probably sneak in and poison the food. While that won't kill all of them, it's enough to thin their numbers. Then, if there are still to many for us to kill by ourselves, then we go to the trees, and start shooting. Then, we go in and kill them. Sound good?"
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext