(Open) The end of one thing is the beginning of another

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Tandra on January 25th, 2010, 12:58 am

In the outskirts of Sunberth, lies a small hut, with a half-built extention to it, where the draught horse will be housed.
withinthis small hut lives one of the very rare sites in this area of the world.
there lives a Charoda by the name of "Tandra M'likk"

allong with his three dogs, and his trusty horse, he keeps his livestock in line and keeps wolves and bandits at bay.

on a particularly cold winter day, Tandra walked among his fields, wearing the wool of one of his sheep.
as the temperature dropped, he saw eight figgures coming at his sheep, they were bigger and faster than normal dogs.... WOLVES!

the wolves kept going at the sheep, but Tandra couldnt get his aim right.
"I hate doing this" grumbled Tandra as he spoke a small incantation.
as soon as he finished his aim straightened up, his flux spell worked.

after he got the arrow lined up, he shw, sending it flying through the air, and it hit a wolf between the eyes.
Tandra then bougt out his knife and charged at the pack.
he released the flux just before he reached the wolves, and drove his dagged into the eye of a female.

the battle raged, his dogs were packed together, holding the line between the wolves and the sheep.
Tandra jumped over 2 wolves, and went for the big one with a scar on his eye, the wolf leapt at him, and Tandra lunged foreward with his dagger.

Tandra got bitten on the arm, and began to bleed baddly, and the wolf got it's neck slit.

with the alpha of the pack dead, theother wolves retreated. Tandra walked back to his hut, cradling his wounded arm, and worrying about the wounds on his dogs.

41st of winter, 509

Some hours later, Tandra sat in his favourite chair
"is this it? protecting sheep from wolves... what is the point, i have hundreds of sheep, i should just let them kill one so they wont put up a fight when i fight them" as he said this he looked over to his dogs, one had an injured leg, the other had some broken teeth and the other was bleeding from the tail.

Tandra looked over to his bow, and saw that he had only 5 arrows left.
"i had better go into town and buy some more" he said to himself.

he looked into his money-bag, only 12mizas left, he had spent the rest on food and his horse.

he lay back and thought how many arrows could be bought with just 12 mizas.
mabe a quiver-full of cheap arrows, maybe a couple of good arrown, nothing more.

Later that day, he set off into town, to purchase some arrows and maybe even some medical aid for his arm
Last edited by Tandra on January 27th, 2010, 3:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
Tandra
Player

Words: 4007
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2010, 10:35 am
Race: Charoda

Postby Tandra on January 25th, 2010, 5:14 am

Tandra rode his steed closer to town.

the sun came out from behind the clouds, and began to dry his skin
"damnit!" he grunted as he had his steed run full-throttle down the steep, muddy hill towards the river below.

they both his the water with force, and the horse went straight to the shore, as Tandra swam under the water, waiting for the sun to go behind the clouds again.

as he waited he began to fall asleep, and forgot what he was doing.

the current began to mick up, and while he was asleep, it began to carry him away!
Tandra
Player

Postby Tandra on January 25th, 2010, 1:38 pm

while drifting down the river, Tandra awoke, to find himself in a fisher's net
"hey! what the...?" he yelled as he struggled in the net.
"now, what in Mizahar is a Charoda doing so far from the sea?" said the fisherman, as he untangled Tandra.
"ugh.. im going into town, i need to buy some medical aid for my wounded arm" he showed his wounded arm to the fisherman.
"i can help yer there sonny!" he said, dashing off into his nearby hut, he came out later with ointment, thread and a needle.
" i use this ointment to heal the fish, so the meat is pure and untainted by bruising or scrapes" he said, while rubbing it into Tandra.
"whats your name?" asked Tandra
"folks call me "Crazy Tom", but my name is Thomas Bewiliger the third!" as the old man said this Tandra stepped away, and good thing too, because the crazy old man went on a mad, raging fit.

back up the stream, Tandra arrived back at his horse.
"sorry about that, girl, i had some trouble.

he got on his horse, and noticed that his arm was healed
"wow.. that ointment actually worked!" he said with suprise.

he looked up, and saw the sun was behind the clouds again.
"come on, ets get into town before i dry out again! Yah!"
he got the horse into a gallop, and rode into the town called "sunberth", the town was, as always, in complete chaos in the streets but complete order in the stores.
"oh man... forget this!" and with that, he turned the great horse, several times the size of the biggest men in this town, and rode away.
Tandra
Player

Postby Tandra on January 27th, 2010, 3:23 am

Tandra rode toward his home, and saw a pilar of smoke rising
"NO!" yelled Tandra as he rode toward his home

he arrived in a matter of minutes, and when he arrived, the house was a smouldering ruin, he dismounted his horse and looked around.
"who...?" he said to imself, until he found footprints, leading off to the nearby woods.
"damn bandits! you messed with the wrong Charoda!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, but he said it in the Charoda landuage, so it sounded like a long, horrible screech.

After collecting his dogs, who were lickilly not in the fire, he turned around, and ran after the bandits who destroyed his home
Tandra
Player

Re: (Open) The end of one thing is the beginning of another

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 27th, 2010, 3:26 am

Sasin slithered through the woods in his Dhani form. He was bored. Completely bored. There was nothing to do, and killing innocent little woodland creatures held only a limited amount of pleasure for him. How he wished there was something interesting to do. Taunting the locals would be stupid, and there was no one living in the outskirts.

.....Famous last words. There, in front of him, was a farmhouse. With sheep. And a horse. Sasin giggled to himself, contemplating the possibilities. Oh, what endless choices! He could kill the owner, and leave the sheep, he could Kill the sheep and leave the owner, he could kill everything, and that was just the simplest plans.

In the middle of his daydream, He realized that bandits were comming. "Ohhh, what funn. I do love a good fire." He hissed happily, as the bandits torched the place.

Not long after they left, Sasin realized a Charoda was coming. A Charoda! He'd have fish tonight. Thinking fast, Sasi made his plan. Slithering back into the woods, the Dhani went off in pursuit of the bandits.

(Permission to kill the bandits?)
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

(re-opened) The end of one thing is the beginning of another

Postby Tandra on January 27th, 2010, 3:39 am

Tandra sped after the bandits, seeing the tracks were joined
"red!" he called, and his biggest dog came up to equal him
"git' way around!" this was his way of telling toe dog to flank, and so, Red rand far out to the left, as the other two went to the right, and Tandra kept going foreward.

After several minutes he say a snake-like creature up ahead
"i've never met a Dhani before" he said to himself.
"if it is friendly, it can be of great help, if not... i have always wanted snakeskin boots"

he sped past the Dharni on his massive horse and pointed his bow and arrow at it's heart
"freeze, and identify yourself!"
Tandra
Player

Re: (closed) The end of one thing is the beginning of another

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 27th, 2010, 6:00 am

Sasin hissed, laughing. "Ssilly Charoda. I can move faster than you could ever shoot. You'd never even touch me." He's not quite that fast, but the Charoda doesn't know that. "Shoot me, and you will regret it." He grinned, showing his fangs.

"But I will identify myself. I'm Sasin, a local Ranger. I know the wood like the back of my hand. I was following these bandits when you stopped me." He lied smoothly

"What are you doing here?" He asked, already knowing the answer.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tandra on January 27th, 2010, 6:54 am

Tandra had a bad feeling about Sasin, but he answered anyway
"my name is Tandra, a former slave and now, an ex-farmer, those bandits destroyed my home, stole my sheep and killed my guard dogs, im going to kill them"

he put his bow away

"unlike other Charoda, i am not a pacifist, and i will happily kill these bandits, and you if you get in my way"

he turned the horse back the way he was going
"come with me or don't, it is of no concequence to me... YAH!"
with that call, the horse sped off in the direction of the bandits.
Tandra
Player

Re: (Open) The end of one thing is the beginning of another

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 27th, 2010, 7:47 am

Sasin chuckled, speeding off after the Charoda. This would be interesting. He caught up with the horse, having no trouble keeping up with it. "You know, I don't think you can take them on all by yourself. I could help, you know."

He was in one of his odd moods, when he decided to do something completely random.

"So, you're a fighter Charoda. Interesting. You don't see many of those around."

He was also feeling very chatty.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tandra on January 27th, 2010, 9:58 am

after realizing Sasin could keep up easily, he slowed up to a maintainable pace
"well, not many, but there are... i was pacifist, but my time as a slave changed my view on life"
he just kept going, not looking back at Sasin

"but anyway, i could use a hand, if you don't mind lending me a hand in delivering punishment in a brutal fashion"
Tandra
Player

Next