[Institute of Higher Learning]Magecrafting 101

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 31st, 2011, 10:22 pm

8 Summer 511

Clyde was rather excited today, as it was his first day of classes. He was going to get to meet his teacher, and would start learning more of magecrafting. He tried to pull his emotions back, and to not show to much, but he could not help but keep a smile on his face.

He walked in, showing the guards his badge, and went along through the impressive building, till he arrived at his classroom. He was a few minutes early, and so he went in, finding a seat. There was only two other people there, one who was only sixteen, another who looked to be in his thirties. He assumed they were there for the lesson to.

Taking out his quill and a blank book, he set himself up, ready for the class. He did not have a long wait, before long the door opened, and in came his teacher, slamming the door behind him.

He walked in and stood at a podium, speaking loudly.

"I am Professor Lazarin, and today we will be going over The principles of Magecrafting. There are many tenants to it, and it is a difficult field to master."

Looking over his students, he chose the newest one, and asked him a question to gauge his skills.

"You, tell me, what are the five traits of an object that can be enhanced by magecrafting. Along with what it does, and an example of how it could be used."
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on August 1st, 2011, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 31st, 2011, 10:30 pm

Shocked, Clyde stiffened, and with a slight quiver in his voice, he answered.

"First is structural, which allows you to enhance something physical about an object. This could be something like making something lighter, or more durable."

"Next is behavioral, which lets you alter a behavior, or create a new one. You could make a pair of boots let the wearer walk on water as an alteration."

"Intellectual lets you make the item smarter, and to be able to act on its own somewhat, or to act by being told to. You could make a item that could tell when it was in danger, and use its powers at will."

"Magical enhancement allows you to imbibe an item with magic, so that it can say cast it from it. It could be able to shoot earthen spikes out of it."

"Last is Gnosis, which leaves it possible for an item to gain a gnosis mark from a God."

Lazarin looked at Clyde, and was not impressed.

"I would expect as much from a person who had just learned magecrafting. If you want to impress me you will need to know more than just the basic facts."
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on August 1st, 2011, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 1st, 2011, 12:33 am

Turning from Clyde, Lazarin went on with his lecture. He went over several basic things, some of which Clyde took notes on. However it was not long before he asked of him another question, trying to trip him up, and see him fail.

Looking over at Clyde, Professor Lazarin asked him another question, of a different sort than before.

"Okay, what is metagold, were would I find it, and what is it used for?"

Clyde stared for a moment, and with a confused look on his face, said "I don't know sir... I have not studied that..."

Looking with a sense of triumph on his face, he sneered at Clyde.

"Oh, so you don't know everything? Metagold is a rare type of gold ore, found only at very deep depth. It requires extreme pressures on such ore to make it. So it would only be found in the deepest of mines."

"It is a type of catalyst, used to stabilize complex magecrafting, high leveled ones. If you do to many steps of enhancing in one type of enhancement, it is required to use such a catalyst so that the magecrafting will work."

"There are also other optional reagents that can be used. For example, if you got the essence or blood of a mukman, and added it to a sword as you magecrafted it, it would be stronger when attacking such a thing."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 1st, 2011, 12:37 am

Lazarin would continue on with his lecture for a while, going over various parts of the principles of magecrafting. Clyde would fill several pages of his blank book with notes, listening to his teacher as he went over things.

After a while, he would stop, and take a rest. Looking over at the class, he would gesture for them to leave. "That is all for today, we will meet next week for the next lesson."

Saying this he would turn and walk from the room, without even looking back.

Clyde would look around at the other students for a moment, before slowly getting up. He would walk out of the classroom, and leave the Institute, still slightly confused. His teacher certainly did not suffer fools, and did as he pleased.

He would leave for the day, and head to his small room, were he would spend some time going over the notes he took.

-exit-
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on August 16th, 2011, 8:25 pm

Clyde Sullins

• +2 Writing
  • +1 Magecrafting

You Question My Logic? :
I only gave one point in magecrafting since it was all just talk, but you got some lores too!

Lores: Put on the Spot, Five Basic Traits of Magecrafting, Catalysts (Basic)

Notes: Nice job, keep it up!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)