Clumsy Cats [Irr, Eph]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Clumsy Cats [Irr, Eph]

Postby Whisper on July 31st, 2011, 11:41 pm

OOCIt takes too long to make sure I spell your names right... Complicated...

And sorry for the... rant. She is a new character and I finally had the idea for her "home". ^^;; Enjoy?

50th of Summer, 511 AV

A falcon stood on his perch, his eyes slowly opening, basking in the soul warming rays of the sun. A sea of red hair that was spread out almost directly below him stirred gently. She didn't mind sleeping on the streets because had been for the last six years. At least it was in a hard to reach location, only accessible by her because of her lithe stature, which kept most visitors out. It was a little area between the back walls of the surrounding buildings, a design fluke in the city's planning gave her a home that was as good as any other, and Ravok's weather made it a quite tolerable place. That wasn't to say she had anything other than the items she had in her pack. Her bed was always her cloak and her pillow her pack after the harder items were taken out.

The only thing that even noted that someone lived here when she was gone was the very small shrine dedicated to Akajia that she put together so she could pray before she slept. This could've put her at jeopardy anywhere else in the city, but here it wasn't even noticed as far as she knew. The space she lived in was less than sixty square feet at the most and only accessible from a small gap between two of the walls and going over the surrounding buildings roofs.

She undressed from her normal clothing and slid on her silk bodysuit because she felt today was as good as any to run through the city, a hobby she picked up not too long ago. It was something she thoroughly enjoyed besides learning more about poisons. She wasn't very good at either, but that didn't stop her. She caressed the falcon's head and he gave a soft caw. "You can stay here today, my friend, unless you wish to go." she said softly.

Ryek shifted on his perch and stretched his wings, soaking in the sunlight once more, but moved much more lively now. "Ok then, I'll be leaving soon." the woman said with a smile and stowed her pack near her small shrine. She slipped out of her haven and into a shadowed back street to stretch her body before flinging it at solid walls. Her falcon soon appeared in the sky above her in wait for her to begin.

OOCAnd if no one wants to be first because it's a weird opening... just tell me so I can cook up something else. I mean... I don't know how to open to three other people. x.x
Last edited by Whisper on August 8th, 2011, 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Words: 45631
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2011, 4:18 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Clumsy Cats [Irr, Eph, Vyx]

Postby Ephraim on August 1st, 2011, 9:43 am

The half-Dhani was staring at the falcon and wondered how it would taste like. Looked rather well fed and fatty for a bird. Ephraim felt saliva coming to his mouth; he gulped loudly, trying to shake off the feeling of hunger. It was worrying that no matter how much he ate there was still sucking in his stomach present. Especially craving for live meat; at the same time he remembered one time a cat of their neighbors had gone missing and everyone had blamed him. What was worse they really weren't far from truth. One of the best meals he had ever had. This falcon looked tasty too...Such needs made Ephraim feel unbelievably guilty, like two natures were fighting constantly for the dominance.

Something moved and the mixed blood almost instinctively hid behind the corner but it was only some human girl. To his surprise she was talking to the bird. Was it a Kelvic or was she just crazy? It was also interesting how gracefully she moved. Almost like a cat; Ephraim guessed she was trained in an art of acrobatics and run or at least dance. Being a thief made you learn few things about escapes and jumps or you would quickly land in the Ravok's dungeon. Not something the half-Dhani was waiting for.

His trailed off toward the tasty looking bird. Maybe she would sell it? No! Ephraim shook his head and placed forehead on the cold wall. Sometimes he couldn't stand his own thoughts. They felt like something alien, something coming from this side of his nature he would never acknowledge. The mixed blood decided to take a walk, to clear his head. Majority of his injuries from this summer had healed and Eph thought he had been taught a lesson already. Never get yourself into brawls with human Drykas twice your size and never hiss at weird chicks at night. Thought hissing was not his fault...It just happened, like that damn speech impairment

Grumpily, Ephraim passed a market stand with various spices and few Ebonstryfe who eyes him suspiciously. The half-Dhani was not on good terms with the Rhysol's followers. When you think about it, he was not on good terms with any god. Useless bums...He looked quickly around, but nothing happened to punish him for such a travesty. Something else happened...The half-breed felt his body hitting something much smaller. Eph hissed like an angry snake and jumped back. ”Watch it.” He narrowed his eyes dangerously. Ephraim was not in the mood to be nice today.

OOCAnyone can bump at him, I leave it open (: Also sorry Whisper for wanting Eph to eat your falcon >.>
Last edited by Ephraim on August 11th, 2011, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My other characters:

Jamisia Abijah - Ahnatep [flashbacks] and currently Alvadas

Don't hesitate to PM about roleplays :)
Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Words: 32199
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2011, 6:03 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Irriari on August 3rd, 2011, 10:18 pm

OOCAs I said in a pm that totally decided not to get sent, I think Vyx/Eliza has been away, so, for now, if everyone is agreeable for it, we can move on, and if she comes back, she can jump in.

Irriari abhored tight spaces. There was no room to breathe, much less move. Even the most cramped spaces in the colony had been designed so that the zith could move their wings freely. Not so in Ravok, though Irriari doubted that any of the humans who had built the town had planned the layout specifically with her in mind. Still, it grated on her nerves and she snarled aloud. Where was Whisper? The blasted girl had said she would be here earlier. Irriari had repeated the directions twice, having never been to Whisper's 'home' before. Her pacing was loud and reflected her unhappiness at having to be between and around so many alleyways.

Irriari's eyes scanned the narrow pathways as her ears scanned for the sounds of Ryek and Whisper. The rustling of rats through the crevasses could be heard, but not much else. Stepping forward again, Irriari didn't notice the man she hit in the shoulder.

“Watch it” his voice shot back at her as he moved backwards, his eyes narrowed.

Already angry at being lost in the alleyways, Irriari hardly had the time or patience to deal with the human civilly. Here, away from the city guard, she had no reason to be polite. Irriari snarled and narrowed her own eyes at the man in front of her.

“Or what, human?”

Her claws clicked loudly as she clenched and unclenched her fists. Today, they were not poisoned, as she trusted Whisper, but it wouldn't take much to destroy the human in close quarters with only her bladed fingertips.
OOCEph, hope you're not too mad, this is Irr.

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Clumsy Cats [Irr, Eph]

Postby Whisper on August 9th, 2011, 9:16 pm

OOCYeah, Vyx PMed me and said she couldn't do it. So I just took her name off.

Whisper pulled the last strap through its buckle and into place before checking her surroundings. A couple times during her outings, she realized how much she really did need a weapon at all times, so now she was going to start keeping her gauntlet on at all times. And as a plus, Ryek could probably land on her arm now and again as long as he didn't crush the components. The more she thought about it, the more she felt she should just keep the rules for the bodysuit the way they were seeing that the components in the gauntlet were worth about a week of good food, but she felt it was a good buy considering it didn't hinder her movements.

She was about to start towards the spot she was to meet the zith to when she spotted two figures a good ways down the alley. Sure enough, her newly acquired friend was making great first impressions like always. She had spent quite a bit of time with the female zith in the last week or so, but she still didn't trust her with anything except teaching and not clawing her flesh to shreds. She still harbored feelings against her because she was a zith, but she was trying to dismiss the deep set hatred of her kind with looking at who she was and not what. She tried to give everyone a level playing field when she first met them, but in reality it was being nice to see how she could use them to her advantage. But Irriari seemed... different somehow, much different than the first group of zith she encountered and different than the people of Ravok... in some ways at least. For one, she wasn't trying to harm and/or enslave her to service or sell for gold. The more time spent with Irr though, the more she was learning about the woman past the wings, but she also was sizing her up to be ready if they ever did get into a scuffle. If they were in a small area, she felt she could hold her own, but anywhere that Irr could get her wings out she would definitely be outmatched.

Her long, red hair bounced lightly on her shoulders as she briskly made her way over to them in hopes of either defusing the situation or simply watch a fight. Neither outcome held any value for her, but she wasn't one for needless bloodshed. If it did come to blows and the man somehow managed to start winning the fight, Whisper would join the fight to preserve her poison teacher, though she was fairly confident Irr would come out on top.

"Irriari!" she called out hoping to divert attention.

Ryek could be heard faintly in the sky at his pleasure of knowing they had met with Irriari so quickly, but his sight was obstructed every now and again by the buildings so he promptly landed on the roof of one of the taller buildings lining the shadowed alley.
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Words: 45631
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2011, 4:18 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ephraim on August 11th, 2011, 7:31 am

He hissed again, this time even louder. Zith...Ephraim knew of these creatures, not much but from what the humans said, they were even worse than Dhani. His nostrils flared and eyes narrowed and disgust crept on his features. The creature before him clicked her claws threateningly, which made the half-Dhani's to ball his fists and his body tensing in preparation for the attack. Zith's were dangerous predators, but Eph was never a creature of reason. And then, the female said something that made him blink in a surprise. "A human? You think I am a human?"" He said, baffled. The mixed blood was not used to be taken for a human. He didn't have his hood on, not to mention his accent was a dead give away something was not right. True, the woman was a Zith, they were neither bright not knowledgeable, but still that simple phrase Eph down and even put in a good mood. Another proof that his mind worked in a strange way, escaping Dhani or human classification.

"Nothing, Zith." Ephraim responded calmly and was going to just move pass the creature, when someone's shout caught his attention. He turned his head to see a red haired woman walking toward them. He couldn't say if he knew her, certainly not from the thieving underground. She had some exotic feel to her, thought still human one. Shrugging, the mixed blood decided it was absolutely not any acquaintance of his. "Friendsss of yoursss?" Eph asked the angry looking Zith...On the other note, didn't they all seemed angry. Ephraim had seen one of them in the outskirts of Ravok once, killed by the Ebonstryfe. Even when dead they looked like furious rodents. How come the guards had left this woman alone was beyond him, given her kind reputation. Even his father's species had better opinion. Made one thinking how bad Zith had to be if even man eating snakes seemed nice.

OOCNo worries Irr, Eph is not a very nice guy either (: Sorry, for shortness, am swamped with work atm so few next posts may come off like that :(
My other characters:

Jamisia Abijah - Ahnatep [flashbacks] and currently Alvadas

Don't hesitate to PM about roleplays :)
Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Words: 32199
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2011, 6:03 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Clumsy Cats [Irr, Eph]

Postby Verilian on January 10th, 2012, 11:41 pm

Whisper

N/A

Lores: n/a

Irriari

N/A

Ephraim

N/A

You Question My Logic? :
Um.. see notes.

Notes: So.. this is a first for me, but I didn't see anything I could award at all. Nothing really happened.. a few more posts and something might have. If you feel you did do something to warrant xp or a lore, feel free to PM me. That's all for now. Sorry guys. This thread had a lot of potential too.. you are all very good writers.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)