Completed [Flashback] Magic is the hurt (Clyde)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Flashback] Magic is the hurt (Clyde)

Postby Bob Barton on August 2nd, 2011, 5:31 pm

60th day of Winter 505 AV

Bob woke up on a bed, in a small simple room. Not at his little campsite slightly outside the city walls of Syliras. He had no idea how he had gotten here nor how long he has been here. The days past were a little bit blurry in his memories. The only slightest recollection he had was playing around with swords and magic five days ago but thats about it. Not much about the finer points of that day.

Bob staggered to get out of the bed. The pain hampering his movements but he forced himself up anyway. He actually wanted nothing more to just sleep in but he needed to know what was going on. Looking around at the room it seemed that his stuff was there as well. Interesting he thought to himself but more importantly "What the heck was going on?!?" Already on his feet although his limbs still felt aching he rushed over to his stuff and looked to see if everything was still there. "Damn! Someone is not going to be happy I lost the wooden sword..."

The window was just above his things so Bob just opened it to look outside. Sticking his head out and looking left and right he saw that he was in a long building stretch. He knew then it was the Traveler's Row. It was recommended by some of his other friends in Syliras. Nice, cheap and in the city but he always rather have saved what little money he had by camping outside. Well, something really pressing must have happened if he is staying there right now and paying for it.
Last edited by Bob Barton on November 1st, 2011, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 2nd, 2011, 6:21 pm

Walking along, Clyde checked for the building he had left Bob at. At travelers row... It had been a small inn, cheap but it had a bed. Bob had been out the last couple of times he had checked in on him... But maybe he would be up today...

It had not been easy lugging Bob all the way there, and all of his stuff... Not to mention being tired from using magic himself... But he could not just leave him there, and so he had managed. And once he had got to the city, he had gotten someone to help carry him the rest of the way.

It had not been easy trying to explain away what had happened, and he had finally settled on a story of them being attacked by bandits...

Walking inside, he went up to Bob's room once more, and heard movement from inside. Opening the door, he walked in to see Bob standing there, shaky on his feet.

"Oh, good, you are awake. I was beginning to believe you would never wake up. You have been out for about five days. Sit back down and rest, here there is a bit of water and some bread that you can eat and drink, you must be exhausted..."

"You should really be more careful with your magic, over giving can be dangerous..."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on August 2nd, 2011, 6:32 pm

Well Bob was still looking out the window when Clyde came in. Watching and looking at the passer-bys. Admiring those who were just busy at work or out for the day having a good time. There were even some very attractive women moving about, having a certain quality to them especially those female knights. Bob looked at those attentively for...safety reasons.

When Clyde spoke up Bob turned to the familiar voice. Feet still a bit shaky he had to grab hold of the walls as he walked over back to the bed and set on it. "What...five days?" Bob asked with a little tone of disbelief. Taking the bread and water Clyde brought with him, Bob took it in. The idea of five days made him think he really needed the substance and nearly choked on his bread before gulping down the water to help.

After his short meal Bob held his head a little, racking his brain trying to remember. "Careful...overgiving? I remembered we were training in the forest again as usual. Me throwing some things at your with the sword but that was about it. What happened?"
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 2nd, 2011, 6:56 pm

Clyde stood there, as Bob tried to struggle back to the bed. He had rested for that long, and still looked horrible.

"Well, you have drank some, I gave you some water, or else you would have died from that. Though it is not easy to give someone water to drink when they are unconscious. But you have not had any food, so you are probably weak."

Looking, it seemed that Bob did not remember what had happened. Which was quite common with such things, he would probably slowly regain his memory over time.

"Well, yes, that is what was happening, however you ended up losing control, and went overboard trying to do some odd trick with water. Eventually you lost control, and I had to blast the sword with lightning before it went off and exploded. Which I barely made it in time."

"You got rather lucky to not be hurt worse, and that I did not miss the sword. You were so close to it, if it had gone off and exploded, the force of the water might have seriously hurt you..."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on August 2nd, 2011, 7:06 pm

Bob looked at Clyde. So the boy had been helping him while he was bedridden all this time? He should be thankful for that. "Yes, I guess you are right. Maybe we should hit the taverns later. Thanks for all the help."

Then Clyde started to tell him what happened. "Odd trick? Which one was it that I was trying to do?" More importantly Bob got shocked when he heard Clyde had done with the sword. Blast it with lightning and got it exploded? Oh no! Whats going to happen now? Bob did not hear about him nearly getting exploded by the force of water since he was panicking now. Face turning white and sweating all over "T-T-The sword got destroyed?!? That guy is going to have a ball!!!" Bob shrieked the words out as he put his hands over his face in resignation. How is he going to return the sword now?
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 2nd, 2011, 8:21 pm

Looking over at Bob, he listened to his statements.

"No, problem, I can't go letting my student getting killed now can I? Though I doubt a tavern would be a good idea, you are just getting back your strength, and I am to young to drink..."

"You were trying to do something with your sword and water, but I could not really tell... You were to far away. Whatever it was, I don't think it was really working..."

Once more it seemed that Bob was freaking out, he had apparently said he was going to return it... And he could not return a pile of burnt ashes...

"Well, I did what I had to do. The alternative was you getting blasted by a high pressure blast of water, at that speed and being so close to you, it could have really hurt you..."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on August 2nd, 2011, 8:45 pm

Gah the sword is gone. It is gone! But at least Clyde saw that it was high pressure blast of water. Maybe the experiments worked and Bob can use that magic trick when he becomes more experienced. But what is important now is that...THE SWORD IS GONE! "Boom, Pow, Bye bye!"

Bob ran over to his bags looking through until he found his money pouch. Going up to Clyde in his panicked state he started talking very very fast "Wearegoingtohavetobuyanewswordnow. Letsgo!" and Bob stormed out the door whether or not Clyde was going to follow him was a different matter. Counting as he walked, making sure he might have enough of what little money he had. "One...two...three..."

As he was walking down the streets Bob started talking to calm his nerves. He was assuming that Clyde had followed him so he started talking about what he had wanted to do during the accident and about weapons. Taking a deep breath so he may talk coherently instead of the previous panicked sentence, "You see, I was thinking if we can envelop your sword with lightning and fire like that, when you hit someone eventhough you are weak your magic would increase the attack damage as long as you can connect."

Then walking down the street looking at each shop until they would find a weapons store Bob turned his head left and right as he observed the stores. Looking at the wares on display and signs to try and identify the stores. "I know looking for weapons may not have any interest for you but maybe we might find some magical weapons as well?" A question asked only for courtesy and to keep Clyde's interest if nothing else.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 2nd, 2011, 9:56 pm

Clyde watched as Bob freaked out. He was not sure if it had to do with his injury, or if this was just a normal thing from him, but he decided to follow.

"Well, it might do some damage, but wouldn't it be better to just use the magic period? It would be easier, and would probably do more damage than doing that... And that spell you tried to use... It did not really work... The only reason it would have done that much damage was because you were right next to it."

"It would only have done real damage at the distance of a few inches, maybe a foot. Which it would have done if you just shot it. At longer though, even several feet, the power would have been greatly reduced... You might as well just shoot some water at them..."

Listening, Bob tried to convince him to stay. As if they would find magical weapons just lying around, or that they would be for cheap enough that they could afford it...

But he was going to go along regardless, after all, he could not leave him in this state of mind...

"Sure, we will see. So were do you want to look? Have any ideas?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on August 3rd, 2011, 3:40 am

Bob listened to Clyde, about just using magic alone would be a lot better than a plain old sword with magic. It is true but we are talking about using weapons for fight where you won't have that much time to prepare all the magic. "At least doing that to your weapon will scare someone and make them think twice before fighting you. That and...if you are good at dodging and blocking you don't even have to make effective attacks. Just touch your opponent with your weapon and they will get hit and you can still continue the flow no?"

Bob was still looking around the stores. Seeing pottery, food, clothes and other things on display but those were not what he was looking for. Finally he found one with some weapons. Swords, shields and spears all over, a dead giveaway. "Here we are I think...so we are getting another training sword" Bob sighed, hopefully when he returned it no one will be able to tell the difference between the old one and the new one. "Maybe we should find a weapon for you as well. Something for mages?"

The door opened and Bob stepped in. Coming into a heaven for weapon lovers, not Bob. But even the scene impressed him. Weapons he knew and weapons he didn't were lined up all around. His feelings taking over Bob started going up to weapons just to pick them up and feel them on his hands eventhough he had no intention of buying them.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 3rd, 2011, 5:41 am

Obviously when it came to magic, both Bob and Clyde had rather different views. And so the chance of what they thought was a good idea matching was very slim. Both had different goals, and wanted to do differing things. So it was not really surprising.

"Ah, perhaps, that is a possibility. Though I still think it would be better to just use the magic. But I think that is just you and me, we differ on magic."

Walking along, they came upon a weapon store, which was a good place to stop for a weapon.

"Yes, another training sword would be cheaper, a lot less than a normal weapon. What would be a mage weapon? I am not sure what you mean... Though I do have a weapon... I use a slingshot. Not a common weapon, but that is what I use..."

Looking around, they entered the store, looking at different things. There were quite a few different options, since obviously in the current world, there was much need for weapons to be used for fighting. Not everyone could use magic after all...
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next