Completed [Flashback] Magic is the hurt (Clyde)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Flashback] Magic is the hurt (Clyde)

Postby Bob Barton on August 9th, 2011, 3:52 pm

There is something seriously wrong with this boy. If there is nothing about magic, "Poof!" there is no activity. Or are gods just like that, distancing themselves from the lesser mortals? Nevertheless their walk back to the room left much to be desired. Clyde is not really good a person to hang out with especially when there are so many more interesting people around.

The strenuous time was over when they got back to the room. Finally, no need for trying to drag out a proper conversation out of Clyde. Bob took his seat on the bed. His body was still a little stiff from being bedridden. He'd rather take the softer bed than a hard chair. When both took their seats Clyde offered to talk about those magic staff thingies.

"I didn't ask specifically about the magic staves, I asked for big scary weapons even mages like you and the mage knights can use. But tell me then since we are on the subject, what do these magic staves do? Make it easier to fight with your magic?" Bob was not that interested as his eyes started to look at the window. Staffs are those big long sticks he saw in the shops before. Just like any old stick they are easy to get so they should be cheap as well. Who would ever be scared of something crude and common like that? He probably can even get one of his own from the tree he was looking at right now.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 9th, 2011, 7:22 pm

"Well for starters, they are not just normal sticks, they are a item enhanced by magecrafting. Which as most know, is a very costly endeavor. I know some about the magic staffs from my knowledge of magecrafting, but only a little of it."

"It does enhance your magic, once you have mastered it, and I believe you can extrude your res out of it as if it was a part of your body. Once it becomes a magic staff, it is not so much a stick, but an extension of your body and ability."

"Though it can be used I believe for almost any type of personal magic, I only know of how it is used for reimancy. That is as a channel for your res, and I have heard some can even store there magic in it for later use."

"Though I do not know how they are made... I am sure it involves different ingredients and some way of imbibing it with magical ability... But when it is done, they are no longer just the normal staff that they started as..."

Having got lost a bit in his talk, he looked up to see Bob staring off into the distance... He was not sure what that was about, though it seemed a bit rude...

"That is about all I know of them, though maybe I will one day be able to make one... That would be interesting... So, are you feeling any better? After what happened a few days ago, you are lucky to be alive..."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on August 11th, 2011, 5:25 am

Still looking at the tree disinterested with Clyde's explanation and lost in his own thoughts, Bob could only roughly catch the idea that the magic staves only make your magic better. Boooooorrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnggggggg. They were supposed to talk about weapons. Big, scary things you can hurt people with and somehow Clyde always brought things back to magic.

Someone had to get back on topic and Bob was that person. "So what happens if you can't use your magic? You bash people's heads in with your staff?" Bob let out a haughty laugh imagining how it would happen. A funny joke that was seeing that these academic types will become like barbarians with a stick.

Better? Bob pinched and rubbed his body all over. There was still some pain there but was it better or worse compared to whatever Clyde said happened? Oh well, Bob waved it off and continued with the sticks. "If all that fails, you could always put a pointy blade at the end of your stick and poke people with it."
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 11th, 2011, 6:28 am

Clyde listened to Bob's response. Maybe he was imagining it, but Bob seemed to be in a bit of a mood.

"Well you could do it that way, hitting with the staff... Though if you are so weakened you cannot use magic, I would imagine you would be to weak to fight. So I don't know how well that would work..."

"I suppose that might work, though it might be better to just make a staff that already have one. I would imagine that can be done. So you could use it for both uses."

Looking around, he inspected the room once more. ow had he managed to drag Bob here? He could not really remember to be honest...

"So, were you wanting to do something else? I think we have gone over the subject of magic staffs about as well as we could."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on August 13th, 2011, 5:07 am

Sometimes making jokes to poke at other people's statements are not very effective. Clyde didn't get the idea but Bob was right wasn't he? In a heated battle how often can you throw magic around? In his own personal experience it takes a lot of time and concentration just to do it. And the time was enough for a man with a big scary axe to come and slice you in half. So just how are you going to survive if you rely on just one thing?

Now comes the relevant question. Is there something else for them to do. Bob never wanted to come back to the room so fast but Clyde and circumstances dictated it. So Clyde here dragged Bob all the way back to the room just to talk about sticks and leave for the day? Never! Bob won't have that. It that happens then he will be left bored with nothing to do for the rest of the day. He was already on the semi-comfortable bed thanks to Clyde so how could he leave? Clyde is going to have to take responsibility and Bob will have to force it on him.

Bob swung the new sword to point it at Clyde. "Well, if there is nothing else to do we can always test this out." then swinging the sword to his bag he continued "Or we can have a game. My dice are in the bag. Your choice." Of course Clyde had a choice. To play with swords or dice anyway. Bob won't allow him to leave just yet though. If all else fails there is always guilt tripping.
Last edited by Bob Barton on September 3rd, 2011, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on September 2nd, 2011, 5:26 pm

Clyde thought over that for a bit. He did not usually fight a lot with physical means, but it never hurt to do so a little. He was pretty sure he had a wooden staff around here somewere, which he could use to spar with, in response to Bob's wooden sword he would be using.

He was not all that skilled with them, but it could be good to get some practice in. THough he was not sure how good Bob was with that wooden sword, or if he had any skill in that specific weapon.

"Well, I guess we could try to get a bit of a spar in. You want to use your wooden practice sword, and I would not mind working a bit with a wooden staff.... I am pretty sure I saw one lying around here somewere... Though were do you want to fight? It is a bit cramped in here. We would hit the walls as much as each other."

Which was a good problem, were they going to spar in these close constricted quarters? They would not really have much room to maneuver or move to use the weapons...
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bob Barton on September 3rd, 2011, 10:58 am

Great! This was one time Clyde actually took one of Bob's suggestions instead on insisting in his magic. Bob rubbed on his sword, his face grinning with glee. After that mishap from five days earlier it was time for retribution. Especially when Bob knew that Clyde only had training with a sling. It will be hard for him to adapt with close quarter combat when he had a preference to ranged.

Bob looked around when Clyde talked about his cramped room. He was right. And Bob would not like to pay for any damages over here. "How about we take it outside? I know. What about the place we first met?" The Wishing Well would hopefully be quiet enough for a little sparring session.

If Clyde allowed Bob to have his way in leading them there, then it would be a problem because they will get amazingly lost with Bob still recovering. Halfway along the way Bob started to get bored of thinking. "Where the heck are we?" This was amazing. How can he get lost so easily? Bob has been looking out for all the familiar landmarks he frequented. There was the Rearing Stallion he goes to to eat and learn some new stories...The Grand Bazaar just in case he found any interesting trinkets...The Spinning Coin where he tries to practice his skills...but where was that accursed well?

"You know what? You live here so why don't you lead the way." Bob said as he pointed at Clyde a little annoyed. On normal days going to one of those places would be fun. But if he and Clyde sparred in them it would not be long until the knights caught them for misdemeanor as Bob was familiar with. He had watched all those drunks who ever started a fight being hauled off by the knights somewhere...which he learnt was some sort of tank. Where men suffer before suffering more for their wrongdoings. Bob did not like suffering so he normally tried to avoid anything which will earn the scorn of the knights.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on April 26th, 2014, 5:05 pm

Clyde :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Teaching +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Bob Uses Magic Haphazardly
Syliras Is Wary Of Mages

Loots

Notes :
Not... much I could give here, but enjoy your grades!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous