[Lhavit OOC] Beneath the Stars

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Tsukina Vesperan on October 24th, 2011, 3:48 am

1. First off, what did you like about Lhavit and what drew you here?

The thing that drew me into Lhavit was the detail in the beauty of the city. How the building's gleam in the light, and then glow at night~ It just sounded so beautiful and I wanted to be a part of that.

2. Next, what do you enjoy threading about in Lhavit?

Well...I actually haven't threading anything in Lhavit yet...It seems relatively dead...

3. And Last, what would you like to see for the future of Lhavit?

More PC's X3

But no, I think a greater influence of the goddess over the city would give Lhavit more depth.
Tsukina Vesperan
Player

Words: 1779
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2011, 11:20 pm
Race: Mixed blood

Postby Haeli on October 25th, 2011, 10:24 am

This is going to be very forthright. I should apologize for it ahead of time, but since it seems to be what you are asking for, Duality, I'm going to be blunt and honest. Recently I've been very discouraged and haven't logged on Haeli as much as I used too. Mostly I've been crazy busy, but she used to be something of a release for me.

1. I came to this city when it opened because it wasn't getting much attention and I thought it could use some resident pcs to hang out... plus the DS asked me too since Haeli spent a great deal of time alone in a swamp down south. I've been here ever since. I loved the duality of the city and that it was themed in a celestial manner for the earth, moon, and stars. I loved that it had a different personality during the day as during the night. Who wouldn't want to live in a city built of skyglass. I liked that a Goddess or at least an Alvina lived here.

I don't like that most people don't actually RP its beauty or even acknowledge its duality in their threads. They should. It makes Lhavit unique.

2. I like threading about all sorts of things. But I'm suffering a curse because no one has rped a thread clear through and stuck around so Haeli can have friends. I get so excited about a thread then it dies off abruptly. After this happens so many times, you get depressed. I always think its me and that my PC is so painfully boring that no one sticks around for a second or third thread. That's one of the reasons I've been avoiding this pc for a good two weeks. Everyone and their dogs, namely mods, made promises and none of them have ever been kept here. Lhavit has come to almost symbolize a city of broken promises to Haeli.

But it would be nice if the city actually filled up with primary pcs instead of alts of alts that get very little time or attention in the scheme of someone's pr habits.. In terms of the question thoughI i I like practicing skills, hunting, talking about nature, worshiping Caiyha, and living in unusual ways that defy the normal. I love social relationships. I like interactions. Romance. I'd even love to have a kelvic bondmate that was active.

3. I'd like some mods to actually pay attention to the city because they actually LOVE the city and not just because its 'the thing' everyone's doing it aka becoming a mod. I'd like to see some classy development - not the cliche underground or completely out of place Houses... but development that has a flare for the unique and brings people to the city - factions, groups, etc.. stuff PCs can do.

I hate festivals that have no purpose other than to let PCs self-drive the events or stare at a Goddess. I haven't been to one since the first one and they've all petered out almost before they've been posted. We've had a TON of them here and everyone posts once or twice then gives up because a mod never looks at them again. I'd like to see some actual contests at these 'events' that are moderated with clearcut winners that get awards.. even if they are just fun titles for a year until the next festival etc. I'd like to see fair and unbaised moderation in this city. I say that because its seen very little of that in the past.... moderation that allows for all sorts of types of people to play and feel welcome here not just a specific type of pc. I'd like to see Symenestra's more villanized here since Lhavit is very close for a harvest and should be a frequent target.

Thanks for reading.
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Duality on October 25th, 2011, 7:19 pm

Thank you both for your words, I love hearing your thoughts.

I agree with you both, we definitely need more PC's. I've been giving it a lot of thought and I think the best thing I can do to help is be proactive and inviting, try to let Lhavit shine at its highest potential. Lhavit is definitely a beautiful place and I'm going to take that into account as I figure out how to go forward.

Speaking of proactive, thank you for your advice on the Festival threads, Haeli. I was also thinking about the Harvest and how it poses a threat specifically to Lhavit as well. Overall, I really appreciate the advice.

So far I'm still falling in love with Lhavit. Now all I have to do is let it blossom and then I can share that passion, put some of my own life into it. Again, thanks for the thoughts and I wouldn't mind any others.
Duality
Duality
Everything is. And it isn't.

Words: 27620
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2011, 10:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Landon Mora on October 25th, 2011, 7:28 pm

Hello everyone. Landon (as well as his brother Sabastian) are going to be starting up in Lhavit soon. We are still ironing out a few final details (mostly we are trying to figure out what our last name is going to be and working on some HD requests) and hopefully we will be in the city soon! I don't want to speak for Sabastian but I know that I am more than willing to thread with whoever I can (I'm sure Sab is as well but I did not want to speak for her). I want to get Landon socialized! If you are interested in threading with a Spiritist/Hypnotist feel free to drop me a PM. I'd love to thread with you sometime Haeli (since I saw you wanted more people to thread with). It would be really cool to meet a follower of Caiyha and Landon is always up for a little romance :)
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Words: 24946
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2011, 7:33 pm
Character sheet

Postby Dor on October 31st, 2011, 3:10 am

Yo, Landon. :) You know I'm always up for a thread.

Duality,

1 - Lhavit drew me primarily because its structure struck (hehehe) me as being different from other cities. The idea of a celestial city with sky gods and the children of them all about was alluring, especially for a character with wings.

2 - I've enjoyed threads that involve the history and structure of the city. I like what was done and I like the changes too. I cannot actually say whether I liked one version better than the other. Both are intricate and fascinating to me. I like politics, man made and divine, and at best where they intermingle and this is a city that seems primed for it.

3 - The future would ideally hold more opportunities to become involved in the city IC workings, to really get a chance to play with these changes that have been written into lore but not actually displayed in IC threads. There's a ton of plot possibilities in it and I think that if the mods arranged things then the smart players would take advantage of it. All of this would likely result in more PCs coming to Lhavit. PCs involved in daring/fun/intriguing city-tied threads is, at least, something that always pulls me.

Thanks for reading.
- k.
the sky above us shoots to kill.
Dor.
Dor
Light it up.

Words: 80527
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2011, 1:17 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Malena on November 4th, 2011, 8:06 am

Why am I here? The city is a huge sparkling library with warrior's guarding the books, what's not to love? Also, hi everyone, very excited to be here and ready to start posting. I did have a question though: Is Lhavitian really a language? I see people mentioning they are speaking in it, but I don't see any reference to it being a language in any of the Lore. If it is, I need to edit my CS!
Malena
a touch of terrible...

Words: 6335
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2011, 1:18 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Duality on November 4th, 2011, 10:13 am

Hai Malena and Welcome to Lhavit! It's certainly a beautiful place, I hope you have tons of fun here! Lhavitian is not actually a language, it was once set in place to become one but technically never got approved as one. I am also giving out free modded threads so if you want one you can have it!

also Welcome Landon and Sebastian, officially :p I hope you both enjoy the city as well, the same modded thread offers go out to you both! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Also for you three and all Lhavitians, the Moon Festival is open to all! Come get into the party, meet people, eat some free food, learn to make candles! There may even be some action and intrigue if you happen to find it! Have some fun!

Also Thanks Dor for the reply. I'm taking all advice into consideration as we work to figure out the best way to utilize Lhavit moving forward,
-Duality
Duality

Office

Postby Malena on November 5th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Me again.

I was about to post in the Moon Festival thread, but I just saw something about the Day of Discourse and... well I have no idea what that's about, even after searching the forums for that phrase. Is there anywhere with an up-to-date timeline of recent happenings in Lhavit? As the player of a character that has always lived here, I really don't want to start out asking things that should probably be well-known to residents.
Malena
a touch of terrible...

Words: 6335
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2011, 1:18 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rorugir on November 6th, 2011, 1:01 am

This Day of Discourse is strange to me as well. Could you explain, please?

Anywho, thought I'd submit my answers to the questions, and here they are.

1. First off, what did you like about Lhavit and what drew you here?

First and foremost, the detail and care put into the city intrigued me right away. The skyglass buildings, the different peaks, the differences between night and day in Lhavit...all seemed so intriguing, so fresh and new. It seemed like a great place to RP in. The air of magic, mystery, and intrigue also appealed to me, as well as perfectly fit in with what I had in mind with this character.

2. Next, what do you enjoy threading about in Lhavit?

Everything.

Oh, you mean specifically to Lhavit? Very well.

I love the duality of Lhavit (pun intended) and integrating that into my threads is very cool and fun. The people here are also very different from, say, Avanthal, and create interesting situations, both as PCs and NPCs. The history behind the city also is very cool and fun to delve into as well.

3. And last, what would you like to see for the future of Lhavit?

I'd like to see PCs getting more involved with the city. Citywide quests are a given in terms of fun opportunities, but simply getting to know this city better and putting more of what's in the lore to practice would be fantastic. I'd like to see that which needs to be fleshed out fleshed out (not that there seems to be much) and I can't wait to see how this city develops further. As I said in the last question, the history of this city is very interesting and playing with that could be very fun to see done in the future.

And, of course, I'd love to have more PCs to torment thread with!
This is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Common...
...And this is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Isur.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Words: 120916
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 1:02 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Duality on November 6th, 2011, 6:33 pm

Gah, I''m sorry guys. For some reason I was under the opinion that the Day of Discourse had been readily disclosed. Hm. Sorry!

In 500 A.V., the dual founders of Lhavit wandered from the city on appointed tasks from both Leth and Syna. When they returned in the Summer of 511 A.V. they found a city divided by rigid classes and filled with class divide. The leadership the found in place in their stead, the Anchorite Hayani, the Voice of the Stars, seemed to have let this happen all on her own. They quietly stepped back in place, dissolved the powers of the towers which has significantly risen during the eleven years they were gone, and ousted many key figures in the city that seemed to be causing the class divides. The Shinya were also reworked, some dismissed, others advanced and broken into two factions, one for day and one for night - like they'd originally been designed. With the checks and balance system restored in Lhavit, things began to run a great deal smoother. The lower class workers dissolved into one singular citizen class, and Lhavit got back on track for what it had been designed.

So this is an excerpt from the Lore that explains the Day of Discourse. It wasn't labeled so I understand the confusion but it was a recent event involving the great change of power from the houses back to the Eth. I apologize again, I didn't even think about it. Something official about the Day of Discourse will be shared soon!
-Duality
Duality

Office

PreviousNext