[Lhavit OOC] Beneath the Stars

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Aural on December 5th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Hello Lhavit. I know you guys are out there, what I don't know is how to get you all to post here more often. No one has responded to Aspen's request and when we don't get answers to important questions, we can't help you to have a good time here.

I'm also curious about how many of you are here full-time and how many of you just alt here.

Rathe is mine and I made him to be here full-time. I made the heart-breaking choice to lay aside some of my favorite PCs to be here, because I love being here even more. I'd like to put people on Rathe's priority list who's PCs are here full-time. So if anyone is and you'd like to do a thread with Rathe, let me know.

I also encourage the rest of you who are here FT and who might not want to thread with Rathe, to thread amongst yourselves more. Lhavit has so much potential! Let's thread the crap out of it.

Also, have you guys noticed the calendar that Aspen busted her hump getting up? It looks freaking awesome and the thread goals are a fun and challenging way for us to breathe some life into the city. I encourage you to use them and be rewarded. :)
Last edited by Aural on December 5th, 2011, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aural
Everything you can imagine is real.

Words: 16693
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Rathe on December 5th, 2011, 5:24 pm

On that note, here are the thread goals for December:

1. Do some cooking!
2. Pray to a God/Goddess
3. Obtain an injury of some sort
4. Have an argument

I almost feel like I could do that all in one crazy thread.

:ninja: **Eyes up Dor's thread** :ninja:
Rathe
Blank Page

Words: 29099
Joined roleplay: November 13th, 2011, 6:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Dor on December 5th, 2011, 7:06 pm

Rathe! Challenge accepted.

I have been woefully neglectful of Dor. She is one of my alts. My "primary alt", at least, if that makes any sense. But I do spend more time on my main PC. First love and all that, maybe.

However, Dor needs some attention and I plan on drawing up some plot notes for her. When I do and if I come across things that might be awesome or interesting, I will bring them up. There is already many excellent things here from locations to NPCs, etc. It might just involve me exploring what is.
the sky above us shoots to kill.
Dor.
Dor
Light it up.

Words: 80527
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2011, 1:17 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Haeli on December 5th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Hi Mods.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. I think actually Lhavit got what I really wanted it to get and that was active mods. It's so heartbreaking to see mods that are absentee or just vanish without saying 'Hey guys I'm going on a European trip, I'll be gone for 20 days. See ya when I get back!'. And when you are an alt it makes you tend to put your PC on a back burner until something more exciting comes around to stimulate what was missing - attention.

I think Lhavit falls into the trap a lot of newly opened cities does. It has alts that are either secondary PCs or perhaps storytellers elsewhere. That means that they always get the shaft and last to hit posts. What we really need is something to keep their attention, some unity, some great threads and some resident primary PCs.

One of the reasons Lhavit was so successful upon opening was that it catered to the players needs. Pretty much if you had an idea, the storyteller's made it happen. I think that's why everyone showed up and wanted to come play. I know that's why I came. It's a nice feeling to have such a welcoming really generous group of mods that way.

And the truth is I don't think we really know what we want until we see it. I think some moderated threads would be helpful. I think the Calendar being posted with thread goals is fabulous. Thank you very much for that. I know Aural brightens my day every time I get a PM from her. So there's nothing but <3 there.

And I know for me, I have two very incredible fall threads waiting for me to jump in and get started on as soon as I clean up elsewhere. Rathe and Ror.. thank you for the unbelievable patience. I will get started really soon.

Haeli
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Haeli on December 5th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Ps. If no one posts in the job faire, I'm just going to have Haeli grab random people wandering by (that I invent mind you) and try to educate them about nature in Lhavit.
Haeli

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rorugir on December 5th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Rorugir is my full-time character. I didn't plan for him to be, as he's my second character on the site, but he just wouldn't take no for an answer. He comes before Volans and Jaiun.

Some more moderated threads would be an enormous plus. Beyond job threads I mean, maybe a couple small quests and whatnot. That idea for a healing center isn't bad also...I've got Ror pretty covered in terms of goals, but a hospital plus perhaps a jail as well as a natural park might also do the community some good. Also, if one of you guys get around to writing Altuare Planetarium up (it's been staring up at me on the Linkmap for weeks) that would be awesome.

Wait! There is one thing I would like for Rorugir. A Magecrafting laboratory. Any way to work that things in?

I would join the Job Faire...but unfortunately Rorugir already has a job. Er, or he's in the process of getting one. ...He's close to it, let's stick with that.

I also <3 all the mods here and I'm going to steal your calendar for my own devious purposes, m'kay?
This is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Common...
...And this is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Isur.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Words: 120916
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 1:02 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Haeli on December 5th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Can I second Ror on the Planetarium? I'd love to visit that location with Haeli. She'd probably never leave.
Haeli

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alnair on December 5th, 2011, 8:45 pm

Alnair will soon be joining all you guys in Lhavit, hopefully before the Job Faire ends:) I'd like Alnair to get a job at Tain's Studio if possible but I have to finish the last touches of his CS first. This does seem like an interesting and inviting place to be in though:)
Alnair
Player

Words: 6038
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2011, 10:53 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Aspen on December 5th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Yay, people! *hugs you all*
Haeli, Aural and I were having that exact discussion earlier. Hence Aural's post up there.
As for the Planetarium, that's on one of my to-do lists somewhere! Now that it has been mentioned I shall make it a priority for you guys! (And I am doing your job thread Rorugir!. It's nearly done, I promise!)

And welcome to the city Alnair (:
I'm sure the studio would be more than happy to hire you! Looking forward to having you posting with us.
Lhavit Lore | Lhavit Forums | The Shinya | Zintila

"The stars are the jewels of the night,
and perchance surpass anything which
day has to show."
- Henry David Thoreau
Aspen
Your Local Tree

Words: 89936
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Lu Gavima on December 6th, 2011, 12:12 am

I'm going to be in Lhavit full time for a long while as I must become Shinya.I will stay until they send me off on a task, so I am up for anything. Also, I have not seen this Day of Discourse. I would like as many opportunities as possible to train, study and defend.
Last edited by Lu Gavima on December 15th, 2011, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lu Gavima
Devoted Shinya

Words: 134685
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2011, 5:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext