League of Legends!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

League of Legends!

Postby Sliver on October 23rd, 2012, 9:19 pm

I can definitely get on for a couple games on Saturday to mess around with team comp.

As far as positions my weakest role is probably AP mid, but I can work just about anywhere. Due to the fact you stated about support's Tiki, (jungler and support always seem to be the last roles picked in all of my games how...odd :D) its one of the roles I'm most comfortable in personally. Jungling or soloing top are viable options for me as well.

Also, I am extremely excited about the re-vamp of Twisted Treeline (mostly about the giant spider boss, so cool looking), and perhaps if five man's aren't always an option 3v3's will be?
Sliver
Do I look like a woman who exaggerates?

Words: 358206
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

League of Legends!

Postby Neekra on October 23rd, 2012, 9:40 pm

Vita should be Teemo if she plays support!!!! :D

Also remeber that we have to think about time zone since I'm sure we live in several states... or maybe even countries. Who knows.
Neekra
Wolf Girl <3

Words: 39207
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2012, 3:26 am
Character sheet

League of Legends!

Postby Tiki on October 24th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Support Teemo...errr no? His damage output is much better. [nod]

Saturday works... I'm good until late that evening eastern time, so there's a lot of flex time on my end.

I thrive in top and mid so long as I'm not couner picked, hehe. I can play carry too. My jungler is coming along...I suppose (Warwick and Fiora are my fastest so far I think; Rengar if I buy him). Support is iffy. Sona and Lux have been my most successful. Tank supports just don't work; I can't play the weakened tank and keep up the aggression. I think I play a fairly decent rammus otherwise. :)

For later use:
Summoner Name Time Zone ? Prefered Role 1 PR2 PR3

Oh right, 3s. That sounds cool. I want to see this new TT first though. I love the classic map because of the reasons they're now taking away... It gave hope for a comback scenario and now it's just going to be who can farm more faster...I think. We'll see. Teemo shrooms will still be sufficient wards. I was discussing a ranked team for 5s possibly too... We'll see. I'm not sure how user friendly Teams are for LoL. If we can have 5 people on our 3s roster, that'd be neat and just interchange. I'm ranting, and will ttyl. :)
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Words: 273835
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

League of Legends!

Postby Jason Alexander on October 24th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Eh Saturday isnt the best day for me because I work and my shift changes weekly. Sunday after 3pm would be better.

IMO Tank Support work, you just build full on tank. Leona and Shen I believe excel at this because of their Kit but Naut also is a decent Tank in the Support role.

Last edited by Jason Alexander on October 24th, 2012, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Words: 63344
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2010, 2:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

League of Legends!

Postby Jason Alexander on October 24th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Summoner Name Timezone Prefered Role #1 Prefered Role #2 Prefered Role #3
Prongs CST (-6 GMT) Support Jungler Eh... I can Mid sometimes
--- --- Shen, Naut, Lux, Janna, Raka, Sona, Nunu Shaco, Skarner, learning Mumu & Udyr Zyra, Lux, learning Vlad

I excel at the support role, using the majority of the support champs as well as building full tank and using my tanks kit to "support" the ADC (Example Shen taunt the enemy and Vorpel Blade to heal the ADC). As well I can play a good Jungler, I excel with Shaco but I feel Skarner is the better jungler. I am trying to learn new junglers including Amumu & Udyr. I can play some mid, but my game lacks compared to those who always mid.

"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

League of Legends!

Postby Tiki on October 25th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Here is the data I've compiled from this thread! Help me keep it up to date and accurate as you progress.

Mizahar, NA Server:
Summoner Name Time Zone Preferred Role #1 PR #2 PR #3
Valorae East Standard AP Mid ADC Solo Top
-- -- Various V V
Ninjadeathbunny -- -- -- --
-- -- Teemo! ? ?
PritX -- -- -- --
UnicornSavior -- Top Jungle AP Mid
-- -- Hecarim Hecarim Ahri
Prongs CST Support Jungler AP Mid
-- -- Shen, Naut, Lux, Janna, Raka, Sona, Nunu Shaco, Skarner, learning Mumu & Udyr Zyra, Lux, learning Vlad
pOeToFbLoOd -- Support Alternative Ranged Champion --
-- -- Sona -- --

Mizahar , EUW Server:
Summoner Name Time Zone Preferred Role #1 PR #2 PR #3
Wolffie

I marked myself with various because I have about half the champion selection... 6300 IP takes a while to farm, but I'm catching up. I'll sort through my best selections soon.

Right now for a trial team it's looking like...
Jungler - Prongs
Support - poetofblood
AP - Valorae
ADC - ninjadeathbunny
Solo Top - UnicornSavior

I have no idea about a composition though. Ultimately what wins fights are champions who A) synergize B) crowd control C) hit hard and fast. We also need to keep in mind sometimes games are tough and you get counter picked... Picking the most OP champions available might solve that of course, along with general map awareness and teamwork (warding, sharing, helping, etc.).

This is just a preliminary idea. I sent out invites to you all to join my friends list too. Put it up here if there's a role you'd prefer to be in to show off your very best, that isn't listed.

ALSO, with our jungler/support/top roles, I have no idea what we'd do for a "tank." jason has the only tank supports listed and Idk your other strengths for those unlisted. An alternative composition might look like...

Jungler - UnicornSavior
Support - Prongs
AP Mid - poetofbloof/ Valorae / Valorae
ADC - poetofblood / ninjadeathbunny / Valorae
Top - ninjadeathbunny / Valorae

That one boils down to poet's most secure alternative lane with a ranged champion. A ranged could top, but I was just thinking of a traditional meta. Of course, let me know if you think you're up for the top lane then, poet. :) Ninja and I are very flexible from our games so far. The auto locks...so many...

That's all for now. Send me some info to fill that chart in and I'll get it back on page one for a record. Naama isn't listed because she's too cool to play with us I guess... :P
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

League of Legends!

Postby Jason Alexander on October 26th, 2012, 12:07 am

To answer your question about what we would do for tanks. Well the role of the "tank" is to absorb damage and disrupt the enemy team. Well know day that role has been reworked into the modern day bruisers. Example of said bruisers: Jarven, Darius, Olaf, Skarner, Renekton, Jax, etc. These champions end game have high amounts of health and still can pack a punch.

Now how this helps us, is as I said, the majority of solo top fits this role of a bruiser. As well my Skarner build (along with my Mumu and Udyr) also fit this role of Bruiser. That would give us two bruiser, which also gives us two people who can trade the punches for the team. So with that, we don't "need" a full out straight tank.

The best bet is to wait a couple of days. See who all replies to this and their list of champions. Then we join in and play a few games with each other (since some of use are below level 30) and just to know each other.

Maybe we can trade some skype information as well.

Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

League of Legends!

Postby Sliver on October 26th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Summoner NameTime ZonePR #1PR #2PR #3
ninjadeathbunnyESTTop LaneSupportJungler
N/AN/AGangplank,Teemo, Darius, Garen, Singed and a few othersSoraka, Janna, Nunu, Nautilus, MorganaNautilus, Amumu, Nocturne, Warwick, Udyr, Nunu

As an AP mid I am most proficient with Veigar, though I have been re-learning Ahri and am always trying to increase my Karthus skills

and my strongest ADC would probably be teemo, but since his optimal build is a bit far from IE, BT, and a couple phantom dancers, the more traditional ADC's I play are Draven, Ashe, and Vayne, though I wouldn't say my skills with them were exceptional by any means.

Like Tiki mentioned though I can pretty much fill the cracks, since I try to play any and all champs.
Sliver
Do I look like a woman who exaggerates?

Words: 358206
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

League of Legends!

Postby Neekra on October 26th, 2012, 6:51 pm

Summoner Name Time zone PR #1 PR #2 PR #3 PR #4
UnicornSavior Central Top lane Jungler AP mid Support
--- --- Hecarim, Fiora, Miss Fortune[if in rotation; next buy] Hecarim Ahri Kayla

Like I said earlier, Hecarim is the champion I know how to play best and I'm used to playing with lvl 30s but i don't know if I can solo top against them. Plus if I'm laned against a ranged, Hecarim doesn't work very well since he has to be in their face to be able to get a solid hit. So I usually worked best laning with a ranged in the beginning. Also I build strictly AD and attack speed[Phantom Dancer, Sanguine blade, BF] in the beginning then closer to the end I start building tanky.

And I can play Ahri but I'm hesitant with high lvl oppoents because I'm still learning with her.

P.S: Any thought on the new champion Elise?
Neekra
Wolf Girl <3

Words: 39207
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2012, 3:26 am
Character sheet

League of Legends!

Postby Tiki on October 27th, 2012, 1:45 am

I'm probably buying Elise tonight to give her a test run. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave her a buff in the next patch...or they actually made a balanced champion for one (WHAAAAA??!!) in which case I'll sell back for Rengar. :)

Will update charts later... I'm online if anyone wants to game. Kind of too burned out to write.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous