The Art of Acting in Disguise (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Toan Onox on August 19th, 2011, 11:02 am

Day 40th Summer, 511 AV

It was morning again, nice and cool too, when Toan was finally about done putting on his shirt. Until right before he knew something was going to happen something grabbed his rib cage and pulled him to the ground, when he finally managed to release his head and arms from the entanglement of his now terribly wrinkled shirt he looked to see his teacher stood there with with a smirk and her hand on her hip. NOT GOOD. She smiled as she crept closer, "you don't need that shirt for today." She crawled her way to him in a sexy type manner, which was really creeping Toan out. "In fact today is going to be a very special lesson, one that will very very...." She crept close until her face was close to his, whispering so quiet even the walls couldn't hear. "Special." Okay, reeeeeeeaaaaally creepy. He tried to joke to make this horrifying situation a little better, even though it didn't seem at all possible. "What?!? Seduction?" He smirk turned to her angry frown in a heartbeat; his plan had worked! Immediately her left hand went for a good smack upside the head, but he caught it quick!

"Ho! Lesson learned from last time!" However an unexpected right hand had landed smack dab on the right side of his face, blowing out his deaf perception and sending every feeling in his right head straight to the left. "NO YOU DUMBASS! IT'S CALLED ACTING!!!! HAVEN'T YOU EVEN HEARD OF IT MORON!!!! I SWEAR YOUR SO STUPID!!!!" I swear what did I ever do to deserve...this.... His mind was in fact far beyond dazed, any damage to his brain was now officially forever done. His mind grew less foggy as his vision had cleared a bit, he could still see the angry fire in her eyes. "Oh, right! Acting, that was all an act you were doing. I should've known, but I must say that did look like you were-" "THAT I WAS LITERALLY SEDUCING YOU?!? I'M IN MY FORTIES AND YOU'RE IN YOUR TWENTIES!! THERE WOULD NO WAY I'D GO NEAR SOMEONE YOUNG LIKE YOU!!!" "Well I-I was just sayin that- your still in your prime and all!" Her fist raised up as she pulled his head by his hair, her fury ready to wail on him. "WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT I COULDN'T"T EVEN REALLY TELL YOUR AROUND THAT AGE!" Her face then lost it's spiteful look as her grip and demonic fist loosened. She seemed confused, but was she? Or was she still acting?

"I'm serious! A woman like you looks...young and vibrant! Full and virtuous!" Is it working? Have I worked my way out from feeling her fist of judgement? Her face then went to a happy smile, though Toan felt she was still acting, as all trace of the evil wicked witch had disappeared from her. "Why thaaank you Toan!" Her what would've been deadly painful punch turned into a painful burning slap across his face. "I'm sure that comment isn't rightfully true but thanks anyway!!" Yea, your welcome you evil heathen reject. He tried not to show any sign of that existing on his face, by smiling and pulling an act of his own. "Your welcome!!!" He tried not to sound too cheery about the fact that he avoided a major pummel to the face, as she finally got up and pulled out some horrifying clothes. Tattered and nasty, dirty down to the very last thread. Surely this wasn't part of his lesson. Please Ionu, DON'T TORTURE ME NOW!!!!

"Today is about acting and disguise, sure you dress as a..."
She cleared her throat before going on, "gentleman." "What?!? Now hold on I'm a very good gentleman!" "DON'T INTERRUPT ME WHEN I'M TALKING!!" Toan's face dropped, as she gave a smirk and continued. "But today your going to dirty yourself up, mess up that hairdo of yours, and dress as a beggar. Act poor and beg for some money and you'll be ready for the future." "But I like my hai-" "NO ifs or buts in this. If you want to be a thief you'll learn how to act. Best way to start is by acting poor, and you got to wear the disguise to look the part." Without another word and a serious pout, Toan grabbed his would be beggar disguise and changed while his teacher was searching her bag for something. When she turned around she only said one thing. "Close your eyes!" When Toan looked up his expression was the what? type. Only to meet with dirt being thrown at him, meeting his eyes and mouth. He refrained from breathing in has he spat out what dirt he could and rubbed his eyes, he could've sworn she was dancing around him while sprinkling dirt over his hair and body.

When she finally started ruffling his hair up he finally managed to clear his eyes and remove what taste of evil grittiness was in his mouth, only to find that he faced a mirror and seen a person he hardly would recognize as himself. "Good, you look like you could play the part. Now let's see you play it!" She dragged him out of the door and onto the streets before he could react. "Now just sit here for a few hours and keep begging for money or food." "I'm not hungry though..." She eyed him with an evil grin, "you will be Toan. You will be..."

An hour later and she was right, the hunger came around and he was left sitting on the same street not too far from their place. "Food...coin....please?" He hated sounding so pathetic, so hungry and poor. If the option had still existed he would've been able to purchase food or get something to eat back at home, but his coin bag was left there and the door was locked. Now he really had to pull this off, really had to act for someone to come along and hopefully believe that he was a poor desperate beggar wanting food.
"Toan's words" Toan's thoughts "Ven's words" Ven's thoughts "Other's words"

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Scrapbook - Image Edits - Updates - Vlogs
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox
"I play the leading man."

Words: 109863
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2011, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sakirina on August 21st, 2011, 2:56 am

Saki Rina made her way through the city, her sandals kicking up a little dust with each light step. After passing through the Trading Post earlier, she had boarded a ship and made her way to the main part of Ravok. A few hours later she found herself wandering aimlessly throughout the floating city, searching for work and a place to rest for the night. Her long red hair swayed behind her in its ponytail, her bangs framing her green eyes attractively. Men turned to take a second look as they walked past her, a certain number of them getting berated by their wives. Her talon sword rested on her left hip, the beautiful sheath and hilt reflecting the sunlight that managed to fight its way through the clouds that blanketed the sky. Turning down a random street, she shifted the food in her arms, consisting of a few dumplings and a loaf of bread that was held in her mouth, on which she chewed slowly. Feeling better after having some proper food in her, she lazily looked around at the various houses and shops that she passed. Upon hearing a voice to her left, she looked down, her steady gaze falling on a dirty beggar who was holding out an empty tin. She took the piece of bread out from between her full lips, bending over a little to get a better look at the beggar who was weakly asking for food. Hmm...he looks awfully hungry... Holding out a dumpling on a stick, she cocked her hip to the side a little, contemplating the beggar. "If I give you this, are you willing to take responsibility..?" She smiled a little to herself, waiting for his answer.
~Rina~
Sakirina
Player

Words: 4307
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Toan Onox on August 21st, 2011, 3:45 am

What? Ho! I think Ionu has tricked me, is this fine woman before me offering me food? Thank the Goddess of Illusions I'm saved from hunger! "Fair lady I know not what responsibility I must take for you, but for something as delicious looking as that in your hand I would take any responsibility." There was a bit of a romantic humor about him, but then he remembered he was suppose to play the role of a beggar in order to complete the lesson. "Forgive a poor soul my lady but I hope that one beautiful lady such as yourself with such a finely crafted sword, could bear to forgive any responsibilities I must claim for your generosity!" Damn, being a gentleman is so much more easier for me. Being a beggar is something I entirely have to practice with. He stood up feebly, only not so feeble as he looked. He was hungry but not desperate, that much was all part of his act he was to practice.

"Pardon me if I seem rude as to not introduce myself madam, but might I have your name. It is only fair that a man know a proper woman's name before giving his own." Though dirty and no doubt a bit smelly in the tattered clothes he wore, he still could pull off the gentleman act without worrying so much of his looks or clothes. If he could begin to feel comfortable in this disguise, just think of the other one he could make for the future. His teacher is a work of art, a boiling pot of madness that though he didn't like he still loved. He waited for her introduction, and for her to offer the dumplings she held. Responsibility was something he never was good at holding, and he knew various ways of escaping trouble when it approached.

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sakirina on August 21st, 2011, 4:28 am

Rina smiled as the beggar seemed to light up at the prospect of food. Listening to him talk, she blinked a little curiously, her robe fluttering lightly in the wind that swept through the alley-like street that they were standing in, revealing her bare torso and slender body. Taking a bite out of her bread again as he spoke, she shifted the food in her arms. Hmm...he certainly doesn't talk like a beggar. He seems practiced at flattering people too. "Oh? Beautiful? You're an awfully gentleman-like beggar. Makes me wonder how you ended up like this in the first place. I'm Rina, and here, this dumpling is yours then Mr. Smooth Talker." Handing the dirty and slightly smelly gentleman the dumplings she previously had in her arms, she straightened, taking another bite out of her piece of bread.

A few yells and a crash echoed down the alley toward the pair of them, and a moment later six men dressed as cooks and waiters came hurtling into the mouth of the street, looking around quickly. Rina looked over her shoulder at them, her expression nonplussed. "Hoooooo~ They actually caught up. They're determined."

The men spotted her, fury crossing their faces at the nonchalant pose she stood in. One of them, a sweaty faced, slightly muscular man in his thirties pointed a large, razor sharp cooking knife at her from down the alley. "There she is! That bitch skipped out on paying for her meal! Grab her!" Upon spotting the beggar holding the dumplings, his rage grew. "She's got an accomplice!! Get them both! Cut them if you have to! No one ditches out on paying from my dumpling shop!!" The men all yelled, sprinting down the alley and waving their knives angrily, knocking people over.

Rina finished her bread, looking back at the beggar. "Well Mr. Smooth, time to take responsibility, you heard them, you're an accomplice." And with that, she jumped off a nearby crate and vaulted over a low fence, running down the neighboring street as the angry cooks pounded down the alley towards the beggar.
~Rina~
Sakirina
Player

Words: 4307
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Toan Onox on August 22nd, 2011, 2:23 pm

When he saw the cook rampage after him, Toan had one thing in mind and that was to run. His face dropped for a moment and then he turned in the direction the woman was heading, running full speed ahead. He ran pretty good too, if only his breathe didn't leave him so quickly and the miserable buffoon chasing him didn't keep up well enough. An idea came to him, though he'd have to act swift. He took a right turn down an alleyway, into the market, crossing the bridge, then a left into another alley. Now was the only moment he had, quickly he backed up against the wall and used the one talent he required for this to work: Ionu's gift.

Casting an illusion on himself, he made himself disappear to the human eye, or rather specifically: to the man's eye. The cook just passed him without slowing down, not even looking back when he went onward. Finally exhaling the breathe he held in to remain silent, he gasped for air as he bent forward. "Just my luck!" He panted, straightening up in a relaxed state. His gasping finally slowed to deep breathes. "Ionu I thank you for this gift, I don't know how my life would be without it." He was talking to himself, but somehow he felt she could hear him. Ever since he was given her mark he has somehow felt some connection toward her. "That was a rude thing to do, but I did agree to take the responsibility. Boy will the teach love this story when I tell her this." He looked around the corners for the next few streets he was crossing, but eventually made his way home.

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Toan Onox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on September 15th, 2011, 2:47 pm

Toan

• +1 Manipulation
  • +2 Acting
  • +1 Disguise
  • +1 Begging
  • +1 Rhetoric
  • +1 Running

Lores: Putting on a Shirt (Basic), Basics of Acting, Eating Dirt, Playing the Part of a Gentlemanly Beggar, Being Framed, Using Illusion to Avoid Capture

Sakirina

• +1 Observation
  • +1 Running

Lores: Encounter with a Gentlemanly Beggar, How to set somebody up

You Question My Logic? :
Any questions, shoot me a pm.

Notes: Good job guys, wish it had went on a bit longer.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)