Perfect Impressions (feat. Kendall;Closed)

Tiki and Kendall cross paths in the world of dreams in a small journey of the mind. It is in this realm that they face eachother and try to grasp a true understanding of eachother and themselves. Inner conflicts burried within each surface in forms of danger as perceived by the dreamers.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Postby Tiki on September 18th, 2011, 10:16 pm

He didn’t understand, and might never truly grasp the meaning of her words. “I’m looking right at you though and you are a girl. That’s who you are. You’re not an accident, you’re a pretty girl.” He was still blinking to so much as confirm his words. “Kendall, are you there? Kendall?” With the replacing light and storm came something else that drowned out the sound of their words. To Kendall’s perspective, she could see the coming wave with little she could do about it. It was one of those things, which as much as people like to admit they see coming ignore until the latest of moment. And sometimes, like this one, it’s too late. It was unclear what made him look, but he did turn to look back as a wave swept over him, multiple times his size. He only assumed Kendall was consumed as well, and left the dream realm with a feeling of panic and longing to have at least said good bye.

Summer 85, 511; Grath’s Rest, Spires, in the third bell

Tiki’s eyes flashed open, and he gasped for air as the water rolled over him. When his eyes were finally open, and he felt the air in his lungs he realized it was all a dream. He sighed in relief, and then a laugh stuttered out. He laid back in his bed at the Rest and shut his eyes. It was still late, and he was tired. He brought his hands up to his eyes and felt over his face. Everything seemed well, and any pain he’d have sworn real was nowhere to be found.

Find things, Kendall! He opened his eyes and grabbed for the netting to pull him up in hopes of finding her. Eyes wide, taking in the minimal light, he found nothing but the darkness of his empty room. It was a dream, right? So foolish of him again to look for the girl of his dream. He couldn’t brush the lingering sense of a reality though. Of anyone he has dreamed of, she was certainly one of the few to affect him so much in mind and body. He might have never met someone of that caliber before, the sorrow and hope within her. He reflected back on all he could remember: the storm, the cave, the darkness, and the light. He remembered too the chase, their struggle, and radiant hope on the horizon, all swept away by the coming storm again. To what event the incident forewarned was a mystery. In his final reflection he tried to hold onto some details, key phrases, her name… perhaps he’d find someone one day to explain what it all meant to him. Perhaps one day he’d find the inspiration for such a creature which graced his dream. However, for the moment he would return to the night, and rest but a few hours longer.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Words: 273835
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on September 19th, 2011, 6:12 pm

"Thank you Tiki…" These were the last words that were uttered in the dream. Before Kendall a large wave was churning and getting ready to take over the beach. The normal reaction would be to be scared. This type of wave could kill someone if it gained enough force. Kendall welcomed it though, with open arms.

"We are like the waves you see. No matter how far you wane, you'll always return to me. Dear Laviku shall whisper, dot along the sand. He'll reach out his aqueous fingers, rolling to the land. I shall stand along the bay, I this child of flame. I shall wait patiently, wait for the day that the fire may call my name." The poetry flowed calmly from her lips as she held her arms out. Everything the waves were, she loved. Hadrian was the water, Zeltiva was the bay. Everything he loved was rushing towards her and in a crash of water she was pushed back into the world of the conscious. Back to his bed where he slept alone, no Hadrian in sight…
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Growl on September 19th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Appreciation Time!

Name: Tiki

Experience: None, since it's a dream
Lore: Watching the Terrain, Dreamscapes: Running After Kendall, Dreamscapes: Speaking While in Your True Form, Dreamscapes: Watching Kendall Change, Dreamscapes: Catching Her, Dreamscapes: Helping a Stranger, Dreamscapes: Watching Kendall Shatter, Wanting to Go Home, Dreamscapes: Swimming With Kendall, Kendall Saarinen (Basic)

Name: Kendall

Experience: None, since it's a dream
Lore: Dreamscapes: Back in my Favored Form, Seeking Shelter from the Storm, Dreamscapes: The Talking Panther, Dreamscapes: Going Through the Change Again, Dreamscapes: Facing Yourself, Dreamscapes: I Won't Forget You, Dreamscapes: Shattering, Wanting to Go Home, Dreamscapes: Swimming With Tiki, Tiki (Basic)

Additional Notes: An amazing thread you two. My only complaint being that Tiki, you oftentimes use bright backgrounds with your posts, which can be painful to read after extended periods of time. You may just want to change that up a little! Also, if your pcs meet outside the dream world, they will now recognize each other. PM me with questions or concerns!
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous