Perfect Impressions (feat. Kendall;Closed)

Tiki and Kendall cross paths in the world of dreams in a small journey of the mind. It is in this realm that they face eachother and try to grasp a true understanding of eachother and themselves. Inner conflicts burried within each surface in forms of danger as perceived by the dreamers.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Postby Tiki on August 20th, 2011, 9:33 pm

Summer 85, 511; Somewhere in Dreamscape… Mizahar time: Around Midnight onward
Beauty, primal beauty. The light of this place highlighted the grass
to shades of emerald and viridian, and the sky blazed alight in hues
of amethyst. The clouds floated over this land close enough for the
hawk to perch himself upon should he have felt need to rest in his
hunt. The grasses beyond color comes up to the knee of any beast
that walked through it, and hid all the beast’s prey within. Layers
and layers of foliage littered the earth, for moss grew where the
light could not penetrate the grassy blanket, or at least in a sense
of touch…it was soft and warm. The sun, it seemed, was settling
in the west and repelled the shadow of the eastern mountains for
a bit longer in its last hours. As the hills cascaded to the north,
farther along the path one went, so increased the sounds of a
running stream. The sun, though eternal in its lofty placement,
did begin to shift and in the furthest reaches of the nearby wood
overlooking that stream, the air became an alien prism allowing
emphasis of those reds, oranges, and greens all the more.

At the top of a hill overlooking this scene laid a beast: direly large,
black as pitch, and eyes glowing. The glow of the sun reflected in
them so softly, mirrors against the sky, doors to the soul, eyes so
magical in purpose and yet to vainly flaunting in appearance. He
overlooked the plains as if his own. There was a vague sense of
familiarity to them in concerns to the large cat. There was a
sensation of whisper on the air, some sounds oh so acquainted
to Sylira and its majesty. The moon was starting to take shape
in the sky, far behind the darkening clouds. The earth was still
warm in all senses, but that feel of comfort was dwindling,
slowly, very slowly.

Gentle sounds of clapping buds took over the otherwise silent plain.
The wind picked up and the rush took through the grasses again,
and they waved back and forth in the evening light. The beast lay
now, paws hung over his perch and tail thumping. Thump, thump,
thumping against the ground like some dumb metronome that can’t
keep a beat. The glare in his eyes faded as his head turned farther
off. He stood against the light of the sun and took a giant’s leap a
quarter of the distance between him and this thing. From then on
he began his prowl. He took his time as there was that sensation of dominance,
he wouldn’t lose sight of this object of fixation; he
couldn’t here.
Last edited by Tiki on September 18th, 2011, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Words: 273835
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on August 21st, 2011, 12:34 am

It had been a while since that horrible night in the zenith of summer. Hadrian had calm him the best he could but the night was still scarred in Kendall mind. This night things were more calm. The blond was starting to dream and sleep again. Maybe this venture into the Chavena would not be as bad as it had been earlier in the season.

In this dream Kendall found himself as his favored form, how he was back in Zeltiva. He was a woman. His short, platinum blond hair was now long and dark, waving past his shoulders. Even in Kendall's dreams his eyes stayed mismatched, they always would be. It was an ever present reminder of the accident that had ensnared him back in Zeltiva.

ImageKendall looked out over the land in front of her. There was water stretching far before her as far as the eye could see. Her feet were standing on the edge of the water as the wind slowly blew through her hair. The Zeltivan felt calmed by the breeze that blew through her hair. A soft smile played on her lips as she breathed in a sea air. "Am I home?" The sea in front of her did not look exactly like the one of her home but in the fogginess of a dreamer's mind it looked so familiar.

"Turn Kendall… You aren't home yet…"

The brunette forced herself from the sight of the sea to look behind her where there were fields of grass and flowers. This much as not Zeltiva. Her seafaring home was not one of much wild beauty. Her eyes dropped to the ground to see the sandy beach had dissolved into the flowery scene that she saw before her. Her heart called for the sea once more but when she turned to face it once more it looked as though it was miles away.

"Nowhere to go but forward Azenth…"

ImageKendall's eyes looked down at her wrist to see her fiery gnosis still marked her skin. Hesitantly, she walked forward through the flowers. The flowers tickled her legs which were left unguarded by her flowing dress. She walked and walked, moving deeper through the flowers until what seemed like a shadow leaped through the air in front of her. It was no shadow though. It was a cat and a large one at that. The brunette was scared so she stood still, her mismatched eyes fixed on the shadow-like beast prowling before her. It was a beautiful cat, she would give the beast that. Even beauty could kill though. She walked slowly through the flowers, trying to make her steps silent. The cat would be able to find her, it could smell her of course.

"Hello there kitty. Please don't hurt me…"
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Tiki on August 21st, 2011, 2:05 am

The slow approaching beast took on a more
distinct form as it came closer, the rays of the sun bent over
and reflected against its pelt revealing more detailed form
beyond the voiding black in which the figure appeared. Its head
bowed low to the ground, eyes cocked up to hers. It must have
been odd to see, yet there was no reaction to the mismatch of
her eyes. She spoke; benevolently divine in tone, words of fear.
He had meant no harm in his being here, or towards the woman
with whom he had come in contact with. All the same, should
he have? Bring forth wrath and force upon this being that
trespassed in his domain?

Sweet whispers and murmurs filled the air, and the shade of
the sun faded though its position did not. The orbit of the
celestial being seemed to curve, in fact, about the horizon,
and the moon which levitated in the sky began to shift as well.
It seemed an eclipse would be upon them in later hours. With
this change of course the light too would bend in a number of
odd ways indescribable in words. The reality of fantasy took
greater hold, but so did its enticing image which merely lured
the dreamers deeper, to sleep longer and wonder…and wander.
A more spoken wind swooshed over the plain towards the woman
from the cat, the grass bowing deeper than before as if to give
all its might to act upon the meeting. The low toned growls of
the feline rumbled. Against the sound of rushing leaves and grass,
there was this din, the inner workings of its being clicking. His
legs brushed through the blanket of nature closer to her. Great
shoulder blades rose and fell in his quake. He came but more
than a meter from her. Roar! Thunder! Crackling! His howl
pierced the silence and stirred winds. Dark colors took over
the space around them in shades of blue and purple, and his
eyes reflected such. As the echo faded, so did his hostility.
That low growl, the one associated with the moment before
the kill, left him. He stopped and smelled.

His eyes seemed to change, though reflective of the changing
world around them, those bean-thick slits rounded to a human
form and showed forth true as gold against the mournful colors.
That bowed head brought itself up a bit farther from the ground
and looked onto his beholder as equal in this realm eternal. He
took another step closer and sniffed, the nostrils making that
little flexing motion outward. He stepped closer, within reach
of hand, and waited for her to make a move.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on August 21st, 2011, 3:11 am

To Kendall's surprise the beast was calm. It seemed to have no intent of trying to harm her. The brunette let her auristic vision wash over the cat and watched it seem to glow with a faint violet light. It was the light of placidity. She wondered why the cat did not feel threatened by her. She had not been around any large cats except for Nadala the cheetah kelvic but she had never known the girl's animal form. Besides, Nadala did not exist here. She was a bad memory and this was a good place. At least it seemed to be.

As the moon and sun started to shift above Kendall and the cat, her attention turned to the feline. Could it sense what was going on? Did the lunar change bother it? "Syna, Leth, what are you planning?" It seemed as though the celestial Gods were not the ones to think about though. Zulrav was nudging at the pair as well, letting his wind roar at them. Kendall's eyes widened when the large cat moved closer to her. Did the roaring wind scare it or was it simply trying to protect her. Was it that clear to see that Kendall was not prepared to face the harsh elements that swelled outside of established cities?

Next came the thunder and lightening. It flashed around the moor, illuminating the sky and the flowers that brushed at their feet. Kendall could hear the low growl from the cat and she felt the urge to dip down in the flowers, to hide from the angry weather. She looked to the cat for a sign, anything that would give her a hint as to what she was supposed to do. The cat merely sniffed at the air but something was different about it. It's eyes were changing. Kendall watched as the slits of it's eyes took on a more human-look. Was the cat like Ethan and Cathan? Was he Kelvic? It would have explained why it felt comfortable enough to get close. When it's great head lifted up as if it was offering for her to touch it, she obeyed. Slowly, her hand reached out to lay upon the shadowy fur of the feline.

"What is your name? Do you have one? I am Kendall." The brunette moved her fingers through the dark fur of the cat, feeling the wild beauty under her touch. If the storm was going to continue the pair would be in trouble. With the lack of rain the lightening could catch the field on fire. While that would not hurt Kendall it would hurt the cat. "We can't stay here. You will get hurt by the storm. We need to find shelter." Kendall's mismatched eyes looked into the cat's, hoping that if there was some humanity in him, he would follow.

Kendall walked forward, beckoning the cat to do as well. Meanwhile the storm around them seemed to keep raging. The wind was picking up, whipping the brunette's dark hair into her eyes and running ripples through her skirt. "There must be somewhere to hide." Behind them the lightening struck with a loud boom of thunder following. With the strike the flowers erupted into flames. "No…" Kendall's hand reached out for the cat, placing it on his neck. "Don't be scared, we will find shelter."

Picking up the pace of her steps, Kendall started to move faster through the flowers to keep ahead of the flames. Ahead there was a formation of rocks that seemed to open wide enough for Kendall and her feline companion to venture into. "Up ahead, it looks safe there."

ImageThe cave was very open on the inside and completely rocky. If the flames got as far as the cave they would not be able to move into the shelter unless it burned a few spots of moss. Past the rocks there was a small lake that seemed to feed out into a river past the other side of the cave. It could be safe in here. Kendall sat down on a rock, trying to get herself comfortable. She looked over to the cat, hoping that he made it into the shelter. She knew that large cats were fast but what if he had gotten spooked by the flames? Cathan had always had a habit of being a little bit afraid of fire. "Are you okay? We are safe in here until the storm clears." A hand reached out to him once again to feel the fur on his scalp. She hoped that the cat had not been burned. She would have hated to see the element of her most revered God hurt her new friend, if she could call him a friend.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Tiki on August 21st, 2011, 4:05 am

The cat stilted its head as some of the words slipped through that ethereal mouth of hers. The first touches went unnoticed, he too being entranced by the changing atmosphere. But, when she spoke again, he turned and soon followed in agreement of her words. Her name registered, but there was just that moment of importance, other things came first and so he ran off with her. The flash, the boom, the jolt; the cat zipped downward as if to duck the coming fury and frantically searched the horizon for the source though long past. He followed her voice and touch then to safety, scurrying from what hell had found purpose here.

He was positioned below her with enough space to stand. As the storm became the norm, the cat calmed and began to relax. He relocated closer to her lap and settled allowing full ease of access to his upper back as well as his head. He was soon emitting a rolling purr confirming an acceptance of friendship, so it appeared, or at the least comfort. His muzzle moved, it was slight in motion but of dire importance to her seeming safety. His head tilted for her hand to redirect to his neck and side of his mouth. He gently pushed into her hand as she continued to spoil him so. He did not speak, yet there were words heard. There are no words to describe the precise sound, but they carried great emotion: acceptance, welcoming, aloof, and a bit flirtatious.

I’m alright. Thank you.” Though he answered now, the previous requests went unfulfilled. He rolled a little, and then more, until finally he was on his side sprawled against the rock and her. His head slid backward into the rock and he wiggled to scratch himself. His paws lowered, but pulled up a little when and if she scratched his chest and neck. Any movements of the paw were soft, his claws fully retracted with no risk attached; he was calm and at peace, no storm existed in this cavern. Outside, however, the storm raged, wind, water, and fire all lashed against the earth. Inside that cave there was sanctuary, soon even the thunder was overpowered by the echo of his purr. He made small talk, “[b]Who are you? Why are you here?[b]” in search of empty reason in a realm ruled by none.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on August 21st, 2011, 5:21 am

The cat followed Kendall, much to her pleasure, and seemed void of burns. She was thankful for this. Sadly she did not know much of medicine and while she never had to worry about her own burns she did not know how to deal with others'. The cat was still calm, she could see it in his aura. The pair were safe, at least for now.

Although Kendall should not have expected the cat to do more things out of the ordinary the fact that he spoke did surprise her. "Good… I'm glad you weren't burned." She watched as the large cat moved himself over the rocks and finally settled at her side. She smiled lightly as she ran her hand over the cat's fur again, stroking him as if he was a house cat. She was never allowed to have pets when she was home, not that she saw the large cat as one. Her father had always found animals to be dirty.

Kendall's hand scratched behind the cat's ears as she listened to his melodic purr. It was soothing in contrast to the storm outside. Kendall's eyes looked over to a small opening in the ceiling of the cave. It was over the small lake and it seemed to shine a light down into the water. It was through this opening that flashes of the lightning could be seen but there was no danger from it. It was simply something pretty to look at.

"I am Kendall Saarinen, from Zeltiva. You? Kendall was not sure where she was, let alone why she was there. "I don't rightly know why I am here. Do you know why you are?" Kendall thought of Hadrian and wondered how he would like this place. It was beautiful, albeit a bit confusing. The mage seemed to like confusing things though. "Where ever we are, it sure is interesting. First I was looking out at the sea and next I am in a field. Now I am talking to a panther. You are a panther right?"
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Tiki on August 21st, 2011, 6:15 am

I’m called Tiki,” the syllables coming off sharply, “from Syliras.” He purred lighter as she answered the following, then continued in his motionless speech, “I’m looking for something. I was looking for something, but this storm is stopping me.” The cool air from the outside swept through the cavern, and it brought something foul with it. A mixed scent of wonder, lonesome, envy, and longing stumbled upon them. He looked back with the same face a cat keeps, being rather blank that is, and listened once more. A harmonious laughter filled the cave as if holding both depth of wisdom and childish whimsy. “I’m what people call a kelvic, but I generally just go by Tiki. I’ll admit though, I can be a scardy-cat at times.” The last bit trailed off as sarcastic, or at least a bit unbelievable, but in a humorous way. The benevolence of Tiki’s inner workings became more apparent.

Just how apparent though? He stood up gently and stretched, then made his way over to the edge near the lake. Sounds of thunder and flashes had both faded and dimmed by now, so the water must have been safe. Rain still fell in torrents, however, through the opening and flooring through the entrance where once they had entered. The world seen beyond the cave, exiting through the river that is, bared vague resemblance to the forest of the lower hills. Cloud coverage still cloaked the land in darkness and a sensation of sorrow; thankfully, the feeling of freedom and clean was not far off, it was just taking its time. But yes, goodness and whimsy, Tiki approached the ledge not far from Kendall and peered into the sapphire waters. Looking down and through nothing was clear, the lot of it being beaten upon by the rain, droplet waves smashing each other in an infinite pattern of crests and troughs. He looked back and forth between temptations. Finally, he leapt again with that surreal majesty one can’t help but dream of. Then, he landed…on the water’s surface he prowled over to the area where the calm was broken. He stood as if afloat upon the calm water, leaving no trace of his weight. However, it should come, that he reached a paw into the broken water.

Splash! He fell through entirely and remained under for the longest time. Looking close, one could see the eyes staring back up through the water, golden spheres…
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on August 22nd, 2011, 4:56 am

The fact that the cat was speaking was still not sitting with Kendall as well as she hoped it would. This was a dream but Kendall was not aware of this as most dreamers are in the Chavena. "It is nice to meet you Tiki. What are you looking for?" She cocked her head at the question, wondering what on earth the cat could be looking for in this place. "I suppose I am searching for something too. I thought I found it here but it seems to have gone away." The brunette was referring to the sea that she was gazing out at when she first realized where she was. "I'm searching for home." There was nothing more that Kendall wanted than to return to Zeltiva. Well, that along with becoming a girl again and pleasing Ivak.

"A Kelvic… I'm just a regular human." Kendall did not mind that the cat was a fearful one. She was quite the fearful person herself. The world beyond Zeltiva was a scary one and one without mercy.

Kendall's mismatched eyes followed Tiki as he walked down to the water. At first she just sat and watched the cat, having no call to walk down to the waterline. She did not want to be left alone in this world though so she started to make her way down the stones, picking her way carefully so she did not fall. Crouching down to look into the water Kendall saw a reflection, although it was not the one she was expecting. Like aways, a pair of mismatched eyes looked up at Kendall but this reflection was of her male form. Blond hair, lightly tanned skin, nothing like her female form. She simply stared, partially in shock, partially in fear. Her gaze did not break with the reflection until Tiki jumped into the lake, causing ripples through the water. Kendall jumped back, losing sight of the reflection. She struggled to keep her balance on the stones but something was different. She stood taller. Something had changed.

"No…"

ImageKendall could hear her, or was it his, voice had dropped to a lower octave. That of his waking life. He looked down to see his clothing had changed. A light and flowing sun dress had changed to pants and a button up shirt. His long brown hair was now short and blond. He had only gotten a moment of reprieve from his male body. "Petch… no!" He looked out into the water to see Tiki wading in the lake. He could not stay. The girl Tiki had met was gone. There was only one thing left to do. The same thing Kendall always did. He ran. Tiki was safe in the cave and if fire was going to seek him out it would not harm him. He gave one last look to the feline who was half hidden in the water, wondering if he saw the change. If he knew what was happening. He did not want to leave but he was scared.

The blond ran out into the rain. Around him the thunder was starting to calm. As the thunder and lightening wained the rain started to pound harder, slicking his light blond hair in his eyes. He wanted to just be himself, at least for a bit. He was given a taste of his hearts greatest desire and then it was ripped away.

"I just wanted to be me. Just for a bit."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Colombina on August 22nd, 2011, 5:13 am

Secret :

As Tiki descended, he felt as if the pool was as fathomless as a mirror, as eternal as the evening sky. In the midst of his dreamy buoyancy there was a tug at his foot. It had an unnerving solidity to it, a pressure at odds with the haze of the moment. What had come from the mute deep?

There was no shape or form when he looked down. Just fathoms of dark and a continual pull as something drew Tiki further into its hungry self.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Colombina on August 22nd, 2011, 5:32 am

She faced him in the rain, her skin radiantly pale and her mismatched eyes the brighter for the contrast. Wet dark hair curled around her with a serpentine sensuousness, calling attention to a figure more womanly then Kendall ever recalled.

"And who is me?" she asked. Her voice seemed layered with a masculine growl and a feminine music.
"Certainly not I," her hand gestured over her heart as she laughed.

She raised her sodden skirt to step forward in the mud, showing bare legs and feet.
"I wonder if you even want 'me' anymore. We never speak, you never tell and how long has it taken you to look for me?"

She came nearer, close enough for Kendall to feel the whispers of heat and cold her body emanated.
"Where is your family, Kendall? Why didn't you stay and muster the courage to find me amidst them?"

As she continued her lip curled with disdain, baring her teeth like an animal.
"You wanted to lose me and my life, Kendall. You thought I was so drab and trying was so hard."
Her disgust was rising, "My shape didn't even get the dignity of a morph over your own."
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Next