Sailors and Svefra on the Suvan Sea (Ricky)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Archon on August 22nd, 2011, 8:55 pm

Season of Summer, Day 20, 511 AV

Like most days the docks of Syliras were busy today; Sailors, merchants, and all other sorts moving this way and that in pursuit of business, entertainment, or both. The weather was cool, with a strong breeze pushing in from the nearby Suvan Sea helping to reduce the temperature without making it too cold. A few high and white clouds were scattered about the sky, teasing with the possibility of a light storm later in the day.

When Ricky arrived at the docks a couple simple questions would let him know that there were actually two ships departing for Alvadas that day. The first was captained by Edvard Larens, and the other was led by one woman called "Young Red". Both captains were currently at their ships, not far from where he was, and were expected to be leaving around the thirteenth bell, as the tide headed out. It wouldn't take Ricky long to make it to where either ship was currently sitting, and he even could visit both before they departed with a bit of hurrying.
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Ricky Maze on August 23rd, 2011, 2:02 am

Ricky finally boarded one of the ships, seeing as how he could take either one he was no doubt going to Alvadas either way. After boarding one of the ships he asked the crew mates around who the captain and where was he located, after a couple telling him the captain was named Edvard Larens and was in the captain's quarters Ricky gave thanks to both. Making his way up to the captain's quarters he was about to knock on the door, but something stopped him before he made the action. A thought that told him that he was probably better off taking the other ship. He ignored it though, knocking on the door and allowing himself in hesitantly.

He didn't know if the captain sat in the chair facing out the window, so he only assumed he was there. "Excuse me sir, I'm Ricky and I was wanting to ask you a few things about your vessel. I'm in need of transportation over to Alvadas and I was hoping that you would be able to harbor another crew member for the time being. My Pa was a sailor so sailing is in my blood as well as his." He felt as if he sounded unsure, stupid really, this whole idea seemed to be crazy to him. However sucked it in his gut, and pulled over with high pride knowing that he would get to the next city either on this or the other ship.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Archon on September 20th, 2011, 7:58 pm

The captain was indeed in the chair near the window, but as Ricky entered he found the man facing him. Captain Advard Larens looked his title in almost every way possible. His skin was rough and tanned from the sun and sea, his muscles strong from years of hard work on a ship, and his dark brown hair was in a mildly messy style of one who had more important things to worry about.

After Ricky's introduction Advard smiled widely, like one would to an old friend, and even his blue eyes showed himself to be very pleased at Ricky's presence, "Welcome to the Harmony, Ricky. You can call me Advard," the tough looking man stood and offered a hand to Ricky, "Sailing is in your blood you say? Well, how could I turn away a fellow child of the Sea? As long as you're willing to work I'd be more than happy to offer you free travel to Alvadas."
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Office

Postby Chevalier on November 16th, 2012, 4:19 am

Ricky

LORE
  • Vessel: The Harmony

EXPERIENCE
Skill XP Earned
Persuasion 1

Storyteller Notes

Secret :
And we're off! And we've stopped! Not too much to go on here so...I guess persuasion?
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Office