(Wolf's Den)Die Hard I:Conniving Backstabbers- Kill 'em all!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Antar on October 18th, 2011, 7:21 pm

"Yeah, sure I'll do the negotiating next time. Hell we'll switch off every other one just to keep it simple." Noth spat sarcastically with a smile as he slowly shoved himself to his feet, every muscle in his body was aching as he pulled his sword free of the downed opponent. Cade's savage killing of the final man was a godsend, and he prayed a slight prayer for their victory before taking stock of the situation. They were here, surrounded by bodies of the dead mongoose men, and there was a good chance others were still in the courtyard lying in pools of their own blood or injured.

Speaking of injuries, Cade didn't look well either, nor was Noth feeling a hundred percent. Crashing through a roof tends to do that to you. At least his injuries seemed to be mainly the bruises, and a few burn marks on his palm where this reimancy burned him. It would probably leave a scar. "Hold up a second, I'll be right back I just want to check if there is anyone else around."

Raising himself to his feet, Noth ventured back towards the stairwell and heard a soft moan of pain from below. A naked woman lay sprawled at the foot of the stairs holding her head in pain. A few bodies nearby her. Antar quickly seized the initiative and crept down to grab a bit of the woman's hair to drag her back up into the kitchen where Cade was sitting. He threw her down beside the myrian, letting her see the severed head. How many slaves are here in this place? Or are you some Dust imbibing freak spreading her legs for a bit of the stuff?"

Only Elly and Calvin back in the last room. Everybody else was waiting for ambushing some punks."

'Well then, it was time to find out just who this "Elly'' was. Telling Cade to stay put, Noth cut a large swath of of cloth from one of the downed men's shirts and tore it into strips. Then he bound the drug stupored woman at the wrists, tying them tightly to keep her from moving before throwing her by Cade's feet.

The myrian was a mess of small cuts on his face, and the most grievious injury he could see was an arrow wound in the man's thigh from a crossbow bolt. It seemed to have imbedded itself in the soft flesh of the muscle and wasn't in any danger of making the myrian bleed out. Taking care, he broke the bolt just below the fletching and pushed it through, not giving the myrian warning in order to ensure he didn't tense up and cause more injury to himself that way.

It wasn't the best bedside manner but it worked as he summoned another bit of djed to coat and cauterize the wound before looking directly in the myrian's eyes. "Never tell anyone I can do that, now I have to go find this Elly. When I get back I'll bandage up your ribs. I think it would be wise to get a bit more armor in the future so that doesn't happen again."

Without another word he fixed his grip on the gladius and padded towards the hallway behind them, a small light was showing from the room at the end, and the smell of drugs was heavy in the air. Putting one hand to the door he opened it as quietly as possible, hoping to take a peek inside the area to see what had happened. The walls were lined with large empty crates, a storeroom of some sort, save for a single bed. On the bed a man and a woman, lay entwined in each others embrace both stoned out of their minds .

The man was obviously a mongoose, the woman... well she wasn't wearing any armor that he could tell. Just a slight shawl about her features, enough to hide her modesty at least. Thinking he might get a quick kill he began to open the door wider when the the worst type of accident happened. The woman's eyes fluttered open to stare at him and she screamed.

He shoved his way through the door as the man's eyes flashed open and he made a grab for something by the bed. Whipping his gladius around in a thrust towards the man's chest, his blade was deflected by the drawn steel of an epee drawing his away as it locked his blade up as the man swung one foot over the bed. He presumed that it was Calvin. Calvin just seemed like a man's name.

He lashed out with a foot in a snap kick as their blades locked, sending the man backwards towards the bed and prepared to lunge forwards for the final blow. However, a thrown pot filled with waste material venturing past his head caused him to instinctively duck to one side. It was enough for Calvin to regain his feet, hauled up by the woman Elly. Worse then that the woman made a grab for a club, and suddenly it was two against one.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cade on October 27th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Cade could hear the commotion echo through the hallways, Antar was possibly in trouble he thought. The barbarian stood upright, trailing a sword he picked off one of the dead mongooses that surrounded him, A sudden sick weariness assailing him. the glare of the sun high sun glared through a open window and cut at his eyes like a knife. He turned his head away from the glare focusing on the mongoose warriors spread out along the floor in the embraces of death and the bounded whore. A few steps he took, and the sunlight glare hid behind the wall he passed. A rushing wave of blindness engulfed him and he sank down onto the floor, supporting himself on one arm, seeking to shake the blindness out of his eyes as a lion would shake his mane.

A sharp laugh cut through his dizziness, and his sight cleared slowly. He looked up there was a strangeness about the scenery that he could not place or define an unfamiliar tinge to the lighting. But he did not think long of this. Before him, swaying like a sapling in the wind, stood a woman. Her body was like ivory to his dazed gaze and save for a light veil she was naked as the day. Her slender bare feet were whiter then winters snow. She laughed down at the bewildered warrior. Her laughter was sweeter than the rippling of silver fountains and poisonous with cruel mockery.

"Who are you?" asked the barbarian "Answer me?"

"What does it matter?" Her voice was more musical than a silver stringed harp, but it was edged with cruelty.

"Call up your men," Said he, grasping his sword. "Yet though my strength fail me, they shall not take me alive. I see that you are of the Mongoose."

"Have I said so?"

His gaze went again to her unruly locks, which at first glance he had thought to be red. Now he saw that they were neither red nor yellow but a glorious compound of both colors. He gazed spell-bound. Her hair was like gold, what sun snuck through the windows struck it so dazzlingly that he could scarcely bear to look upon it. Her eyes were likewise neither fully blue nor fully grey, but of shifting colors and dancing lights and clouds of colors he could not define. Her full red lips smiled, and from her slender feet to the blinding crown of her billowy hair, her ivory body was as perfect as the dream of the gods. Cade's pulse hammered in his temples.

"I can not tell?" said he, " whether you are friend or foe. I have wandered far, but a woman like you i have never seen. You locks blind me with their brightness. Never have i seen such hair, not even among the fairest daughters of the konti. By the gods"

"Who are you to swear by the gods?" she mocked. "What know you of the gods, you who have come up from the jungles of falyndar to adventure among the people of sunberth?"

"By the dark goddess of my own race!" he cried in anger. "Though I am not of the Local Gangs of sunberth, none has been more forward in sword-play! This day I felled over ten men with Antar felling just as many where the mongoose have only battered and pierced our flesh, but we still stand. Tell me, woman, have you seen the fallen litter the courtyard and the hallways of this stronghold?"

" Yes" She answered

He shook his head with a sigh "Antar should be back by now"

"If you are not of the mongoose you could of not traveled far naked as you are. Lead me to your home, if you are friend, for I am faint with blows and the weariness of strife."

"My home is further than you can walk, Cade of Taloba," she laughed. Spreading her arms wide, she swayed before him, her golden head lolling sensuously, her scintillant eyes half shadowed beneath their long silken lashes. "Am I not beautiful?"

"Like Dawn running naked on the snows," He muttered, his eyes burning like those of a wolf.

"Then why do you not rise and follow me? Who is the strong warrior who falls down before me?" She chanted in maddening mockery. "Lie down and die on this floor with the other fools, Cade. You can not follow where i would lead."

With an oath the barbarian heaved himself up on his feet, his blue eyes blazing, his dark scarred face contorted. Rage shook his soul, but desire for the taunting figure before him hammered at his temples and drove his wild blood fiercely through his veins. Passion fierce as physical agony flooded his while being, so that earth an sky swam red to his dizzy gaze. In the madness that swept upon him, weariness and faintness were swept away.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Antar on October 27th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Noth skirted his midsection backwards in order to dodge a crosswise swing of the man's sword and cursed when the woman blocked his counter attack at the man with her club as it began to get ugly. As the two advanced on him he was pressed backwards, and he gave it readily, trading space for time as his sword rang from blocking the heaviest of blows and ducking sideways for the rest.

The swordsman feinted with his blade down towards his legs, as the woman tried to flank him to bring a downward strike of the club at his head as he raised one forearm to in a wild sideways flail to deflect it. The force of the impact hurt like hell, but the adrenaline was dulling the pain long enough for him to move a step back towards the door. He cursed as his entire focus became centered on the efforts necessary to keep himself alive as he was pushed back.

In desperation, a wild flurry of strikes with the blade bought him enough time to place his back close to the door, in order to prevent the woman flanking him again and to keep the direction of their attacks only coming from the front as his mind scrambled for what to do. Almost instinctively,training took over at that moment when summoned a small ball of Res to his freehand and whipped it forwards into the woman's face, scalding her features long enough to force her to reel backwards in pain.

His back was now against the door, and his left hand reached back to slightly push against it to check if it was still open as the man growled enough to begin his charge. Thrusting his sword forward towards Noth's heart. Spinning his gladius clockwise in his right hand , he brought the hilt across the length of his chest in a two handed block as he sidestepped out of the way.

The riposte of the sword caused his opponents gladius to sink deep into the door behind Noth and become stuck there for a second.
Noth's foot snaked backwards behind the door and savagely brought flung the piece of wood sideways into the man as the half blinded woman came at him again. A quick front kick into her stomach pushed her backwards, but it gave the swordsman enough time to pul his sword free of the wood to take another wild swing at noth. The rogue danced backwards, with all the agility of a feline predator as the man transmuted his swing into a thrust, with the tip sailing towards Antar's throat. The rogue side stepped to the left and dodging the blade while grasping his enemy by the wrist with his free hand. Antar then used his right to rip the blade of his weapon the mans arm tearing through his bicep and out through to the other side before kneeing the now dying man in the gut.

The man collapsed to his knees and he could hear the shrill shriek of the woman's cry as she came at him again.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cade on October 27th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Cade spoke no word as he drove at her, fingers spread to grip her soft flesh. With a shriek of laughter she leaped back and ran, laughing at him over her white shoulder. With a low growl Cade followed. He had forgotten the fight, forgotten the mongoose warriors who laid in their blood, forgotten Antar and the tied up mongoose whore. He had thought only for the slender white shape which seemed to float rather than run before him.

Through the hallways that seemed to never end its maze the chase led. The blood stained floor fell out of sight behind him, but still Cade kept on with the silent tenacity of his race. The hallway vanished and now they were soldiering through the winter's snow. The impossibility of this never crossed the barbarian's mind for his focus was on capturing his prize. His mailed feet broke through the frozen crust, he sank deep in the drifts and forged through them by sheer strength. But the girl danced across the snow light as a feather floating across a pool, her naked feet barely left their imprint on the frost that overlaid the crust. In spite of the fire in his veins, the cold bit through the warriors studded leather and fur lined tunic, but the girl in her veil ran as lightly as gaily as if she danced through the palm and rose garden's of heaven.

On and on she led, and Cade followed. Black curses drooled throug the Barbarian's parched lips. The great veins in his temples swelled and throbbed and his teeth gnashed.

"You can not escape me!" He roared. "Lead me into a trap and I'll pile the heads of your kinsmen at your feet! Hide from me and I'll tear apart the mountains to find you! I follow you to hell!"

Her maddening laughter floated back to him, and foam flew from the barbarian's lips. Further and further into the wastes she led him. The land changed, wide plains gave way to the low hills, marching upwards in broken ranges. Far to the north he caught a glimpse of towering mountains, blue with the distance, or white with the eternal snows. Above these mountains shone the flaring rays of the borealis. They spread fan wise into the sky, frosty blades of cold flaming lifhgt, changing in color, growing in brightening.

Above him the skies glowed and crackled with strange lights and cleams. The snow shone wierdly, now frosty blue, now icy crimson, now cold silver. Through a shimmering icy real of enchantment Cade plunged doggedly onward, in a crystalline maze where the only reality was the white body dancing across the glittering snow beyond his reach ever beyond his reach

He did not wonder at the strangeness of it all, not even when two gigantic figures rose up to bar his way. The scales of their mail were white with frost, their helmets and their axes were covered with ice. Snow sprinkled their locks, in their beards were spikes of icicles, their eyes were cold as the lights that streamed above them.

"Brothers!" cried the girl, dancing bteween them " Look who follows! I have brought you a man to slay! Take his heart that we may lay it smoking on our father's board!"

The giants answered with roars like the grinding of ice bergs on a frozen shore and heaved up their shining axes as the maddened Barbarian hurled himself upon them. A frosty blade flashed before his eyes, blinding him with its brightness, and he gave back a terrible stroke that sheared through his foe's thigh. With a groan the victim fell, and a the instant Cade was dashed into the snow, his left shoulder numb from the blow of the survivor, from which the Barbarian's studded leather barely saved his life. Cade saw the remaining giant looming high above him like a colossus carved of ice, etched against the cold glowing sky. The axe fell, to sink through the snow and deep into the frozen earth as Cade hurled himself aside and leaped to his feet. The giant roared and wrenched his axe free, but even as he did, Conan's sword sang down. The giant's knees bent and he sank slowly into the snow, which turned crimson with the blood that gushed from his half severed neck.

"Call the rest of your brothers!" he cried. " I'll give their hearts to the wolves! you can not escape me--"

With a cry of fright she turned and ran fleetly. She did not laugh now, nor mock him over her white shoulder. She ran as for her life and though he strained ever nerve and thew, until his temples were like to burst and the snow swam red to his gae, she drew away from him, dwindling in the wich fire of the skies, until she was a figure no bigger than a child, then a dancing white flame on the snow, then a dim blur in the distance. But grinding his teeth until the blood started from his gums, he reeled on, and he saw the blur grow to a dancing white flame, and the flame to a figure big as a child and then she was running less than a hundred paces ahead of him, and slowly the space narrowed, foot by foot.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Antar on October 27th, 2011, 9:46 pm

The echoes of a woman's pain for a dying lover are truly a glorious thing to hear, at least if you were taking some twisted sort of vindication in knowing that you were the cause of their pain. For noth though, it was different. The cry only meant she had chosen to reenter combat and try to take his life. With the falling man in front of him he turned to the side and lashed out another kick at the woman to hold her off enough for him to twist his blade down and draw it across the man's throat causing fleck of blood to spit off the edge of his weapon.

The last thing he wanted was a knife in the gut from a dying enemy

As he turned back towards the woman, a barbarous yell rose in the hallwayand the sound of lurching feet passing through the corridor before being muffled by the sounds of yelling in another room came to Noth's ears. His barbarian friend was getting himself into more trouble it seemed.

But he didn't have time to worry about that now, as the woman picked up a chamber pot and tossed it in his direction. The flat of his blade intercepted it as if he would block any other type of strike, but a small bit of grime and filth of the vial concoction within spilled out over the floor to mark his boots. Cursing he jumped back into the hallway as the woman looked at him with one eye swollen shut, a furious red and black of charred skin making the other one milky white as she darted forwards to grab at her lover's fallen sword.

The rogue faded back into the hallway, stepping over the bleeding corpse as the woman launched herself in a furious charge of rage.
Now he was fighting an opponent armed with two weapons, even if it seemed she didn't much know how to use one. It was turning into a very dangerous situation.

But not one he was willing to let go on any further. With the first swing of her sword he blocked the blade, stepping inside to lock her sword arm with his free hand and twist his hip into her body. The flailing club struck him slighty in the back of his shoulder, but by using his momentum and greater strength he puleld at the sword arm, as he skidded his left leg out and twisted his center.
The motion whipped the woman around, tripping her over the leg and down hard facefirst onto the filth of the floor as Noth took the action necessary to end the fight once and for all.

With "Elly's" sword hand still in his control, Antar stabbed his own gladius downwards into her naked back, puncturing the woman's flesh near the spine, before brute force twisted the point of the blade upwards under the ribs to puree the lungs and heart.

It was over.

But what about Cade?

Turning towards the room where the barbarian had entered, Antar made haste towards the sounds of the conflict within.
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cade on October 27th, 2011, 10:32 pm

She was running with effort now, her golden locks blowing free, he heard the quick panting of her breath, and saw a flash of fear in the look she cast over her white shoulder. The grim endurance of the barbarian had served him well. The speed ebbed from her flashing white legs, she reeled in her gait. In his untamed soul leaped up the fired of hell she had fanned so well. With an inhuman roar he closed in on her, just as she wheeled with a haunting cry and flung out her arms to fend him off.

His sword fell into the snow as he crushed her to him. Her lithe body bent backward as she fought with desperate frenzy in his iron arms. Her golden hair blew about his face, blinding him with its sheen, the feel of her slender body twisting in his mailed arms drove him to blinder madness. His strong fingers sank deep into her smooth flesh and that flesh was cold as ice. It was as if he embraced not a woman of human flesh and blood, but a woman of flaming ice. She writhed her golden head aside, striving to avoid the fierce kissed and bruised her red lips.

"You are cold as the snows," he mumbled dazedly. "I will warm you with the fire in my own blood"

With a scream and a desperate wrench she slipped from his arms. She sprang back and faced him, her golden locks in wild disarray, her white bosom heaving, her beautiful eyes blazing with terror. For an instant he stood frozen, awed by her terrible beauty as she posed naked against the snows. And in that instant she flung her arms toward the lights that glowed in the skies above her an cried out in a voice that rang Cade's ears for ever after in a language he could not understand.

Cade was leaping forward, arms spread to seize her, when with a crack like the breaking of an ice mountain, the whole skies leaped into icy fire. The girl's ivory body was suddenly enveloped in a cold blue flame so blinding that the Barbarian threw up his hands to shield his eyes from the intolerable blaze. A fleeting instant, skies and snowy hills were bathed in crackling white flames, blue darts of ice light and frozen crimson fires. Then Cade staggered and cried out. The girl was gone. The Glowing snow lay empty and bare, high above his head the witch lights flashed and played in a frosty sky gone mad, and among the distant blue mountains there sounded a rolling thunder as of a gigantic war chariot rushing behind steed whose frantic hoofs struck lighting from the snows and echoes from the skies.

Then suddenly the borealis, the snow clad hills and the blazing heavens reeled drunkenly to Cade's sight, thousands of fire balls burst with showers of sparks and the sky itself became a titanic wheel which rained stars it spun. Under his feet the snowy hills heaved up like a wave and the Barbarian crumpled into the snows to lie motionless in a cold dark universe, whose sun was extinguished eons ago.

Cade's woke from his unconscious state back in the hallway, actually the end of the hallway, beyond the onslaught at the stairs. He was dazed in confusion but realizing he must of succumbed to his weakness and fell into a dream with fantasies of slaying giant's and a woman of beauty that could not be explained with the common tongue. He lifted himself weakidly off the floor to turn back to the tied up mongoose whore to find that there were two new bodies that laid only mere feet from his own position. Tucked to the side of the hallway was the sword he used in his dreams fresh with blood forcing Cade to stumble forward for a closer inspection of the two dead.

They were not axe wielding giants that he imagined, but axe wielding boys not old enough to grow whiskers. Cade realized in his madness he had slaughtered the two boys but what of this creature of beauty that evaded him....... was she real as well. Cade slumped against the wall his mind taxed with confusion and exhaustion gave in once more to the blackness of unconsciousness. There he laid against the wall once more with only the sounds of breathing as proof of life.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Antar on October 28th, 2011, 1:54 am

Even half unconscious it seemed the myrian did good work... at least from the dead boy's bodies holding the two axes. At least the bum was breathing steady enough to not be dead.

Taking a look around at the carnage , Noth strained his ears for any sign of anyone else still around. But there was none that he could tell. As the adrenaline began to leave his body, his arms began to get the shakes and his knees felt a little wobbly and he took to a knee to prevent himself from keeling over as he thought of what had just happened during the first truly quiet time since this morning. They'd just survived a pitched ambush, followed by what had to be one of the toughest fights so far in their entire lives. So it was fine that the barbarian decided to take a little snooze on Noth...

Really... it was fine.

But did the petching bastard have to go unconscious leaving Noth to do all the work in still potentially hostile territory?!?!

Sighing greatly he went back into the room to grab a blanket off the bed of the now killed 'Elly' and her lover he began to tear long strips off the item, and started to wind them around Cade's stomach where his ribs were, taking the time to wrap them carefully as he considered his next option.

If there had been anyone left alive, they probably would have come running, or scampered away with their lives.

Though he could not discount the possibility that a few might be hiding like cockroaches in the woodwork, sequestered away in their rooms, with their doors locked and barred.

No matter. The barbarian was stabilized for now.Hearing a slight cry from down the hallway , he moved back towards where he had bound the woman snugly. She was there, struggling a little as she rolled around in a daze. No matter, a quick bit of pressure on her stomach with a foot was enough to get her to calm down and concentrate.

"So tell me, you guys have to have a wagon around to move all the drugs coming in here, don't you?"
"W-w-wagon?"
"Yes a wagon, maybe a horse?"

The woman shook her head as if to compose herself, "Yes we have a wagon... but no horse. Justa' m-m-mule. It's downstairs in the area across the c-c-courtyard."

Noth sighed a moment, and muttered that a mule would have to do. Binding the woman up a little tighter he threw her at Cade's resting form, and made his way past the bodies on the stairs and over to the open door to the courtyard. The ground was littered with bodies from the scuffle, and there were no signs of movement from anything that he could see.

Taking a chance he darted across the courtyard towards a large set of doors, and opened them slowly. One hand on the hilt of his blade. Inside, was a small stall and the eyes of a braying ass were looking at him. It's nose inhaling wildly as it smelled the blood in the air. Holding out a hand for the ass to smell he looked around for a halter, and found it and a harness to the wagon in the shadows. Taking the harness, he inched it gently around the creatures nostrils and opened the gate to lead the animal out. In no time at all , the donkey and the wagon was tied up in the courtyard , just waiting among the dead as the animal breathed. He made a trip back to gather up Cade and the girl, and he could feel the burn in his knees from the heavy lifting. It was a little different from working with logs at the yard, bodies were quite troublesome to keep a hold of.

But he laid the two in the bottom of the wagon and put a crossbow near Cade's unconscious arm. Just in case he'd wake up and see where he was.

Then came the arduous part... he began to gather up what he could, and felt the need to take Cade back to the Camp. The rogue's body was going to hurt in the morning, that was for sure, but the empty crates in the room where he fought started to give him ideas. Especially if he took all the kitchenware he could, and the mattresses, and packed them up by the crateful. Then a crate for allt he weapons and armor he could find. And a bag for all the coin he'd loot of the corpses. But there was still a single item of interest he wanted to add to. The barrel they'd brought the heads in. Whatever their reasons the Mongoose Men had tried to double cross them. And that meant one thing: disrespect. So he was going to do the one thing that would suit the myrian's taste a little. He was going to track down every corpse in this godforsaken maze, strip from them anything of value, loot their pockets for mizas, and take their heads to add them to the barrel, just as a sort of momento. For each and every last one of them.

Taking the entrance of where he broke in, he went to gather the body of the man he had snapped the neck of, bringing it out to the courtyard and laying it down before fleecing it of everything of value. Then when the body was laid bare of everything, even the clothing Noth threw the arms and armor into a pile by the wagon, and adding whatever mizas he could find to the sack of his coinpurse before doing the same with every body in the courtyard, and then the stairs and then the kitchen and back room. Making sure to search as well as he could for anything of value.

Then he went and gathered the crates and the drugs, packing away as much cutlery and silverware from the kitchens he could find, as well as the mattresses from the back room. He took everything of value that his beady eyes could find, and if he could have time to pry it loose, he even would take the kitchen sink and he searched every room in the maze of the gang's den for valuables, fleecing sets of pearls from nightables small coinpurses and cutpieced jewelry, and even putting a few more matresses in crates. But by the time the looting was done, an assorted number of arrows, bows, knives, daggers, and swords, and armor was upon the ground he began to pack the crates up to maximum and shove them into the wagon. Then came the food from the kitchen. And he even found Cade's longsword to give back to the brutish man later. He even found a small lockbox which rattled with something inside and busted it open to find a set of mizas. He didn't have his rucksack with his thievetools but hey, he could just take the entire thing and pick it later.

It took him over a bell to clear out the joint. An ammount of time filled with jumping at every noise and everything that he could think of that might be another threat. But the only threat he found was a single black cat that stared at him... he caught it up in a bag anyways, wondering if it was a ruse, or a kelvic. But the damnable thing later turned out to be just a cat and he let it go. But in that moment, his paranoia was in full bloom. Finally, after the wagon was loaded with crates of looted prizes, as much as he could fit into it without tossing Cade and the woman out, (which for a second he did entertain the passing thought... but only to come back and pick them up later of course ;) )
it was time for his last regard to all the corpses in the courtyard.

He was tired, but he figured he might as well take some trophies. One by one, he raised the gladius and in a practiced arc brought it down to sever every head and did a free weight toss of it into the barrel. Granted, his aim was off a few times, and that was a horrible thing for an archer to have, so he had to walk over and pick the heads up and place them back into the barrel , which was now nicely decorated with a couple arrows on the outside. He did this excercise with his sword until his arms burned from the strain, but he kept it up until his breath was tired and the job was done before wondering if he truly got everything. All the arrows, all the crossbow bolts, all the swords of varying degrees. Belt daggers and wrist knives. By god, he couldn't figure out how much they all killed to stop themselves from dying and he was already tired.

Bending at the knees he levered the barrel of heads up and placed it on the wagon's edge before taking a bit of rope to tie everything down before turning one last time to look at the rows of decapitated corpses lying in the courtyard. Feeling that his revenge wasn't quite done, Noth surged the djed up into his arms and began to secrete the res. Using his magic like a flamethrower he set the bodies alight, burning them to ash , but left the building intact and free of the flame.

For all the murder and carnage and screams, such would be ignored in Sunberth mainly by the frightened masses. But Fire, everyone came running for fire, because fire was a threat to all. Taking the Mule's halter in hand, Noth sniffed a little and took out his water flask to drink again, only to find it was nearing the end. Sighing loudly, the rogue looked at it, and then to the mule and fed it the last bit of water he had. "You'll need this more then me my friend. What with all the weight you're pulling. That big guy is really heavy. Trust me, I know : I had to carry him a few times.

Taking the reins firmly in hand, the rogue began to lead the mule back towards camp. Twice, a beggar, or a thief got too close and Noth had to scare them away with sharp words, and a bit of fire in his hands. But eventually, after rolling into camp, the rogue collapsed and bade another person of their camp to store the wagon , the ass, and the goods into camp before dunking his head in cool water from the water barrel. Eventually he sat there, and cleaned his wounds, tending to his own blood caked injuries before pulling Cade off the wagon and placing the barbarian in his own tent. He'd watch him through the night to ensure the barbarian wasn't in any trouble and take the time to disinfect their respective wounds.

The only last thing was the footlocker, and he gladly took out his thieves tools to practice on the lock, prying the footlocker open to reveal a bounty of mizas and other valuable items. An extra set of leather armor too, probably from one of the boys Cade had killed. But inside was enough to qualify as the Mongoose Men's gang's warchest. There had to be at least two hundred mizas in here at least! Feeling tired, and aching all over, Noth started to shake a little from the wear of the day, fully exhausted as could be and he decided to skip work tomorrow...

He was going to sleep, and give a long thought to doing any extra jobs on the side again.

Requests:

Personal Wounds requested: lol :P
Cade- slight gashes on legs that will scar after natural healing
- slight gash on abdomen that will scar after natural healing :)
- bruised/broken ribs that will naturally heal
Antar-- slight gash above left eyebrow which will scar after natural healing
- slight gash on left forearm which will scar after natural healing
- bruised bone / left arm from blocking club XD natural healing

Personal Items requested to keep: :
Antar: 40 shortbow arrows; for training purposes, 20 Crossbow bolts, 25 longbow arrows, (19 were lost in this endeavor :P ) 30 gold mizas, 1 Intact footlocker
Random filled moneypouch from all kills, looted rooms, random amount from Footlocker , etc. Decide the amounts :). I'll hold it IC and split the half with Cade later in a thread in fall XD.

Cade- 30 gold mizas; Bloody Cleaver XD.

Kill count for sale request: :
Any Armor and weapons please consider sold XD and give us an amount of worth for their conditions
10 men in courtyard: 10 shortswords, 8 daggers, 1 hand crossbow, 6 killed by Cade, 4 killed by Antar1 Asstd Armor
Archer in Courtyard: 1 Longbow, shortsword and dagger plus quiver of arrows Assorted Armor
1 male crossbowman (second story window- knifed in the throat)
3 male crossbowman (roof)-thats the female archer
1 dead man in entrance from courtyard 1 longsword that cade killed while entering the building
5 dead on stair well, 1 longsword,4 shortswords, 3 that cade killed 2 shortsword noth killed.
Kitchen- 3 dead: 2 with axes, one brute cleavered
1 kill of man with gladius Armor on floor, nekked
1 Kill of woman with club no armor, nekked
2 kills of teenage boys with axes. No armor just axes XD
3 Drug packets-“dusts” 6 pounds total: Taken and sold-10 gm each-60gm (what we originally were getting for the deal of slaying the kessel crows in the prior thread XD)
1 slave woman taken and sold- ~Price range you decide : )

Guild Item Requests: :
1 Wagon and 1 mule: to keep for guild requirements of hauling resources.
Crates- Crates are filled with resources to convert or make something later down the line.
1 Large Sealed Crate- Filled with enough kitchen utensils (forks, knives, cleavers, and spoons) , pots and pans to successfully stock a kitchen later if it is converted from a storeroom. Worth-0gm
1 Large Sealed Crate- Filled with 8 good mattresses that may be used to assist in converting a storeroom to a barracks later Worth-0gm
1 Large Sealed Crate- Filled with 8 straw mattresses that may be used to assist in converting a storeroom to a barracks later Worth-0gm
1 Sealed Crate- Filled with assorted food items taken from the kitchen- good for ten days rations. Worth-0gm
Reclaimed Barrel of Severed heads- Now filled with A lot of severed heads: To be mounted on pikes by the camp. Worth: priceless ;)
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cachet on November 14th, 2011, 2:13 pm

Antar :
Antar
SKILLS
Gladius:3
Longbow:5
Unarmed combat:2
Reimancy:1
Stealth:2
Kukri:3
Larceny:2
Medicine:1
Running:2
Acrobatics:1
Bodybuilding:3
Tactics:2

LORE
Tactic: Being the quiet Backup
Now to stop suddenly on Sunberth roofs

Misc Notes:Good method for stopping yourself on the roof!Also loved seeing how you moved aboutto support Cade, hence the lore.

Cade :
Cade
SKILLS
Longsword:5
Dagger:2
Unarmed Combat:3
Meat Cleaver:2
Tactics:2
Negotiation:1
Bodybuilding:3
Intimidation:4

LORE
Following through with a threat
Using the Myrian Rage
Daydreaming

Misc Notes:Got a little extra bodybuilding for carrying the barrel of heads the entire way.Dagger came from when you fell into the room and rammed it into the guys groin.Shame on you throwing half naked women around...this is why you are my favorite barbarian. And I found there was much more intimidation than there was negociation...well played!!

items :
ItemPriceWhere it went
40 Shortbow Arrows2gmAntar
20 Crossbow Bolts2gmAntar
6 Longbow Arrows3smAntar
30gm30gmAntar
1 Footlocker2gmAntar
30gm30gmCade
Cleaver2gmCade

Ok the next bit is a breakdown of all the items given the following kill schematic
Kills :
10 men in courtyard: 10 shortswords, 8 daggers, 1 hand crossbow, 6 killed by Cade, 4 killed by Antar1 Asstd Armor

Archer in Courtyard: 1 Longbow, shortsword and dagger plus quiver of arrows Assorted Armor

1 male crossbowman (second story window- knifed in the throat)

3 male crossbowman (roof)-thats the female archer

1 dead man in entrance from courtyard 1 longsword that cade killed while entering the building

5 dead on stair well, 1 longsword,4 shortswords, 3 that cade killed 2 shortsword noth killed.

Kitchen- 3 dead: 2 with axes, one brute cleavered

1 kill of man with gladius Armor on floor, nekked

1 Kill of woman with club no armor, nekked

2 kills of teenage boys with axes. No armor just axes XD

Random items from the thieving. 3 leather armor, 2 longswords, 45gm

Below is the table layout for what the 'spoils' were here, consider any of it sold that you want.

To the Victor Go the Spoils :
ItemAmountPrice Per UnitTotal Worth
Shortsword158gm120gm
Dagger91.5gm13gm 5sm
Hand Crossbow1100gm100gm
Longbow170gm70gm
Longbow Arrows205cm1gm
Leather Armor159gm135gm
Crossbow430gm120gm
Crossbow Bolts501sm5gm
Longsword510gm50gm
Ax29gm18gm
Gladius140gm40gm
Club10gm0gm
Drub Packets310gm60gm
45gm451gm45gm

Grand total if NOTHING is taken from this `777gm 5 sm

Wound Requests :
FINALLY someone requests scars!
Cade- slight gashes on legs that will scar after natural healing
slight gash on abdomen that will scar after natural healing :)
bruised/broken ribs that will naturally heal

Antar-- slight gash above left eyebrow which will scar after natural healing
slight gash on left forearm which will scar after natural healing
bruised bone / left arm from blocking club XD natural healing

Guild Item Requests :
Approved per your mentioned request above.

Conclusion:You guys crack me up. Sorry it took so long to grade...kept getting different numbers on the kill counts and all...and then finally got the same one you did so I went with it.

Anything seem out of place? Any questions please feel free to contact me ASAP.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous