The other side of the Maw [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 9th, 2011, 9:44 pm

"You'd be willing to lead me there, yes?"

"Oh, yes I would be quite willing! Only, well... its quite impossible to know where a building is at any single time here in Alvadas. But I suppose we can do our best eh? Our best bet is to find what your looking for is to not look for it. The buildings don't like to be ignored you know? And Ionu's temple is even more sensitive than the rest of them. So chances are we'll be able to find it after fifteen minutes or so. That is, so long as we do not go looking for it!"

Alric smiled at the man, whose expression seemed to indicate understanding. Or at least only a small amount of confusion.

"Now then," Alric stuck out his hand, "My name is Alric Wilmot, latest heir to the Wilmot title, and self-taught Wizard. Might I ask who you are, sir?"

Alric glanced to the roof top, and finally saw the white creature in its entirety. Apparently, it was a female scantily-clad Symenestra. He decided that it would be prudent to learn more about the relationship of these two, if one even existed. He sent a smile her way, laced with a hypnotic message.

I should join them
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Zevlin on September 10th, 2011, 2:45 am

Zevlin listened with awe and interest as the man explained how the building's worked. He'd never heard of a building having the capacity to feel ignored, and he doubted that was the true logic behind the other's words. It seemed more like finding something important when you needed it. It was no where to be found when you were actually looking for it, but as soon as you didn't need it anymore, it showed up. Thinking he understood the man's train of thought, he gave the man a grin.

"Good! So instead of looking for temple, why don't you show me other places?" He suggested, giving the man his personal space back. He was glad the first person he had met seemed so accommodating. "The less we look for temple, the more likely it will show itself, yes?" He hoped his point was getting through. He regretted not spending more time learning the language now. What if something happened and he wasn't able to talk his way out of it?

He had been so lost in thought that he almost missed the introduction the man gave. A slight bit of mirth touched his lips, trying his best not sound snide or mocking. "You're a noble? Well~" He gave a mock bow, grinning good-naturally. "It's a pleasure to mee you, milord. My name is Zevlin." He gave a small laugh, righting himself. "So, where do we head first?"
Zevlin
Player

Words: 15604
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2011, 5:06 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Alanys Hyacinth on September 10th, 2011, 5:03 am

Alanys met the eyes of the Human that had looked her way, her garnet pools meeting the eyes of him. She felt disgruntled that a Human would dare look her in the eye and then smile at her! The nerve of these stupid things!

Her body began moving without conscious thought, leaving Alanys reeling inwardly as she reacted so something she hadn't known she had felt. Her path took her to the two taller Humans, wariness starting to boil in her gut as she approached with no recollection of ever desiring to get even remotely close. Her eyes burned darkly as she stood before them after her sleek descent from the rooftops. She didn't speak for a long moment, contemplating her own actions and wondering why a Human's smile would make her want to meet him.

It must have been some form of sorcery. Nessora was good with something like this, the female half of the ruling pair being very, very good with placing thoughts into another's head. She didn't trust these Humans right off the bat for using that witchery on her, if witchery was what it was indeed.

"Hello." She said eventually in Common laced through with a cadence remniscient of Symenos.
Alanys Hyacinth
The Dancer of Webs

Words: 29885
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2011, 5:26 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 10th, 2011, 5:28 am

Alric laughed at being called a noble. Although many would tell you that the Wilmot family was a Noble one, they wouldn't attach any real significance to it. To the people of Alvadas, people were Noble. Families that were considered Noble just had a long history and one or two outstanding members. Alric could tell from Zevlin's speech that common was not his first language, but he seemed learned enough. He was quite a nice man Alric decided.

Alric saw the Symenestra come down from her perch and stroll over to them with a scowl on her face. She was obviously angry at the prospect of conversing with two humans. Alric turned to the Symenestra, a broad toothless smile on his face. He bowed out of courtesy, much like bow the Zevlin had done for him. He kept himself lowered to show he was a humble man, Symenestra often liked that in a human, and greeted her.

"My dear lady, I was wondering if you were ever going to join us. I noticed you follow after us, no doubt intrigued by our dashing good looks?" He laughed again. The idea of a Symenestra attracted to a human was hilarious. He straightened himself while wiping the mirth from his eyes. "Oh, my. Well, in all seriousness, I am curious as to your intent. You weren't perusing any violent actions against this kind man were you?," He gestured to Zevlin. "I thought you might. But, well, with you approaching so non-nonchalantly I think I might have been mistaken. It is best to ask about these sort of things before jumping to conclusions don't you think?"

He decided to use one more Hypnotic technique. He sent a sudden thought to her, in her own voice of course. He knew enough of Symenestra culture to take a haphazard guess at what she was thinking.

At least he isn't as annoying as other humans.

Alric kept a good humor about him. He found that the best way to destroy enemies, or avoid creating them, was to be as pleasant as possible... The only problem he ever had with that, was that he often came across as annoying. And often times he never even noticed.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zevlin on September 10th, 2011, 6:19 pm

Zevlin's eyes narrowed slightly as he saw what had caught Alric's attention. Maybe if he had been more knowledgeable of other races, he might have been worried. Symenestra were fairly dangerous after all, with their poinsoned fangs and sharp claws. But Zevlin wasn't aware that there was any real danger; he only saw a strikingly pale beauty dressed in vivid wraps. She had to be a dancer.

"My, she is lovely." He mused quietly in his native tounge, expecting that neither understood what he said. He gave the pale woman a charming smile, hoping to put her at ease. It took on a but of a smirk at Alric's greeting. It was obviously a joke from the way the man started laughing. Though when he asked the woman if she had intended him harm, Zevlin let his smile drop slightly. Her intent? Had she been another that was following him?

Did he really stand out so much? He hadn't seen many other Inarta, but there ha been a few, so it wasn't as if he was the first these people had ever seen. So why follow him? His smile slid back on to his lips, seeing the woman's discomfort, and trying to lessen the tension between the two of them.
Zevlin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alanys Hyacinth on September 11th, 2011, 2:19 am

Alanys narrowed her eyes just slightly at the greeting she received from the stranger she had assumed used witchery to coax her down from her perch. His bow had done quite a bit to assuage her ego at being manipulated so blatantly in whatever fashion that she had been. She didn't say anything to his remark of being brought down by his appearance, holding her tongue from waggling impudently and dashing whatever dreams he had to "score" with a spider. Such a gross concept to even consider at this point. No Human was worth that much after all.

"I am afraid that I don't even know this man," she said coolly, the Nari spoken by the Inarta being understood just enough to give Alanys a good grasp of his words, even though her knowledge of Nari could barely give her understanding of the word "lovely" in which it only came out as "love-", which alone would have been enough to earn her rancor. It was anger that rippled through her at the very thought that this Human saw her as something to feel love for. "However, I am Alanys Hyacinth. I followed you, Inarta, because you looked interesting and already had one tag-a-long behind you." She was glad she wasn't hungry or these Human fools would start looking at her like she was a freak.

By Viratas, these humans were so... The words 'not annoying' slithered through Alanys' mind like foreign blood on her tongue, erasing what she was thinking before. She didn't see these two as annoying, especially not the one that had coaxed her down. How odd. Most Humans were so very annoying.
Alanys Hyacinth
The Dancer of Webs

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 11th, 2011, 2:46 am

Alric was quite enjoying himself. This was why taking a stroll through Alvadas was his favorite hobby. He had been walking maybe 15 minutes and he had meet two new people, both of which were unique. The fellow human, Zevlin, seemed genuine and kind, if not completely aware of his surroundings. The Symenestra, Alanys, seemed rather detached. Most likely she was introverted, or else she would have insulted one of them by now. Although, it was hard to tell. Alric couldn't usually get non-humans to socialize with him long enough to allow him a grasp of their psychology. Most of what he knew he heard from other humans.

He was surprised to hear that she had never even seen Zevlin before. He was aware his assumption could be wrong, but he was way off base this time. Still, he wondered what about Zevlin was so interesting. Both he and Alanys seemed to see something in him, or else why would they both follow him? He thought he understood his intentions, but what if only thought he understood them? Hmmm, something to think about anyway.

From the whip on Alanys's person, Alric was fairly sure he should be extra cautious. He wasn't much of a fighter and she looked easily angered. He smiled again, and decided to resume the conversation.

"Well then, I'm glad I asked! It's nice not to know things isn't it? It makes getting to know them feel like such an accomplishment! Anyway, Alanys, Zevlin and I were just about to go not look for Ionu's temple for a while. Would you care to grace us with your presence?"

Alric glanced over to Zevlin once more, he seemed to have put his act together a bit. But he also seemed to still be his non-assertive self. Alric didn't frown, but he wanted to. By seeing Zevlin up close, he had begun to notice that Zevlin was an Inarta. They were supposed to be verbose, extrovertive, and have powerful overbearing personalities. But Zevlin didn't seem to have that. That was all well and fine, but it certainly would have been a boon in Alvadas. He decided to help him out.

He sent a Hypnotic Suggestion Zevlin's way,

Be Confident.

Secret :
OOC:Hey guys, is it okay if I get Fallacy to get the NPC Doddle be at the temple when(if) we get there? I want to learn from the guy, but if you guys want the thread to go somewhere else that's fine with me.
Last edited by Alric Wilmot on September 11th, 2011, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zevlin on September 11th, 2011, 5:19 pm

"Oh dear, I think you made her mad~" Zevlin teased lightly to Alric, seeing how the woman bristled, muscles tensed. It probably wasn't the best idea to laugh at the woman's expense, but he couldn't help it; her reactions were perfect. He found himself liking the idea of her following them, even if her intentions had only been to observe from afar.

When Alric offered an invitation to join them, Zelvin heartily agreed that the idea was a good one. Having two people to distract from looking for the temple would mean it would pop up faster. And, if he was being completely honest with himself, it would give him a nice figure to oogle. But that one he wouldn't tell to Alanys, not really in the mood to get slapped or worse, assuming she was talented with her lash. "Yes! Why not come with us? It'd be better to walk together than sneak around, yes?" He asked, stepping forward and giving the woman his best charming smile.

He didn't understand why, but he had a thought of being more confident in his actions and words. Becoming bolder, he wrapped an arm around the woman's shoulders, gently pulling her in closer to their small group. "Well, I think our band complete, yes? Let us go then~"

((OOC- Nah, I don't mind at all ^_^ Go right ahead.))
Last edited by Zevlin on September 11th, 2011, 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zevlin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 11th, 2011, 7:15 pm

Alric nearly lost his cool, He had no idea Zevlin would dare to be so brash as to touch the woman. His eyes nearly popped out of his sockets. Granted, Alanys did not seem the type to kill him for that. But how on earth would Alric know for sure? He just met her, after all. Apparently, Alric had made quite the mistake. He thought he was being helpful with his hypnotism. But, maybe, he overdid it?

Alric didn't want to take the chance, he sent a quick thought the Symenestra's way.

He's not worth my time and effort to hate.

It was long, and unwieldy, and he had no idea if it was out of character for her or not. He just prayed to Eyris that he hadn't just accidentally killed the man. He waited patiently for Alanys's response. And while his smile never wavered, his heart was practically jumping out of his throat.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alanys Hyacinth on September 11th, 2011, 10:32 pm

Alanys gave Alric a forced smile. She may have decided he was an okay Human, in the sense that he wasn't as annoying as others, but he still was a Human. "I'm glad you asked as well. Such an assumption to make is completely..." She had almost said "Human". Almost. Instead she allowed her sentence to die and instead addressed his remark about finding Ionu's temple. "Is Ionu the God who made this city as frustrating as it is?" She asked quietly of the Human. She didn't ask Zevlin, figuring he wasn't as learned about Alvadas as Alric was.

She ignored the teasing of the Inarta for now, and his laughter. It irked her, of course. She hated to be mocked. The thought to hiss or show her fangs in some other shocking display rose in her, but she shoved it aside for now in favor of trying, desperately attempting to form some sort of bond with some Human. When he draped his arm over her shoulders however after agreeing so loudly with the other Human that she should accompany them, she felt herself grow even angrier, rage flashing through her from where he dared to touch her. Her fingers clenched, her claws clicking together as she contemplated the benefits of scratching or biting the Human. Killing him was out of the question in a Human city, so she didn't contemplate that avenue.

However, as she was making her decision she felt that the Inarta wasn't worth the trouble she'd get over it. A Symenestra was hated and feared enough, for good reason, and they didn't need more discrimination for the stupidity of a single Inarta. Instead, she did her best to shrug her way out of his grip so his touch didn't contaminate her further. "If you don't touch me, I'll go with you." She said after a few moments. She wanted to learn about Ionu.

OOCI don't mind either!
Alanys Hyacinth
The Dancer of Webs

Character sheet
Scrapbook

PreviousNext