Oh how lovely you look (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darian on October 4th, 2011, 1:17 am

There was something satisfying about your blade sinking into another man's flesh, stealing his life blood from him with strike of your sword. As the cold iron ripped through muscle and tendons as rare smile came to his face, widening still as ribs gave way and the man slumped to his knees, throughly dead. Sounds of metal on metal spared him from enjoying the moment a little bit longer though, and he remembered his purpose for being her in the first place. Planting a booted foot on the dead man's chest, he kicked him off the end of his bade with a sickening squelch of flesh sliding off of metal, and held the sword up for a brief inspection, before whirling around to head towards Callik's office.

A arrow wizzed through the space in front of him, imbedding itself into the wall with a thud, and wide eyed, Darian took a brief look around before advancing slowly to the entrance of the office, his neck craning cautiously around the corner to get a better look at what was happening. It was going much better than he had thought, Kallina and Callik working to finish off a lone man. The only thing was he wasn't sure how quick they would be about it, and if these soon dead men had reinforcements coming. Best he help finish off the man quick before things got out of hand.

Sliding his feet against the ground in small shallow steps he hoped went unheard in the clamor of battle, he shuffled along, his back arched, and his sword held splayed to the side of him as he attempted to sneak up on the man preoccupied with trying to kill his employer. Tenseness washed over him as he saw the man stab forward, only to back off when his strike was parried by Callik, and in turn slash at Kallina. At last, he was within four feet of the hulking brute, and throwing away all regards to stealth, he raced forward, lunging as he came in range to swipe his longsword across the back of the man's legs, in effect hamstringing the distracted warrior. He sidestepped right quick after, moving out of the way of a halfhearted thrust, and slicing his longsword down to shear off the tip of the passing spear. With but a dagger in his hand now, the man thew himself towards Darian, stabbing forward with his dagger, and as he took back while twisting his blade upwards to pick of the dagger attack and send the man's arm far and wide. Then not waiting for the man to recover, Darain slammed his boot down on the man's extend arm , and thrust his sword forward to punch through the man's chest.

"Callik, I've got news" Darian stated as he slowly withdrew the blade from the dying man's chest.

oocIf you need me to change anything pm me
I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archelon on October 4th, 2011, 5:29 am

Callik was a strong man of sorts, but even he could only hold out so long in a fight without gaining scratches or other markings. For now, all which could be seen of his left side of his face was a bit of blood coming from a cut across his eye, and he was wheezing loudly but still on his feet. "Where... the ... petch did you come ... from Darian. What news? Spit it out. Or better yet. Tell Kalli here... I think I'm going to need to rest awhile."

With a bit of struggle the man headed back to his chair behind his desk and promptly fell back into it. Asleep, from various minor wounds and exhaustion. They had been holding out quite awhile... who knows what would have happened if they had been left without any aid coming sooner?

Kallina motioned the mud caked man inside the office, the woman offering a hand for him to climb over the barricade. When he was over a loud scuffle sounded from the hallway behind him, as part of the wall crumbled away as two other combatants crashed through it. The guard outside had noted there were two left, but in actuality there had been three. This last one pierced by the blade of a Night Eyes Enforcer. A man robed all in black and bearing dark colored armor. One of Crows lot.

But Darian didn't know that as his hand ventured towards the hilt of his sword again. This action was not without consequence as Kallina took action, twisting like a cat behind him to kick him behind the knee to collapse him to the floor, a drawn dagger appearing as if by magic at his throat as she wrenched his head back to rest against her thighs. A warning was all she gave him. A simple one... consisting of two words, that was all. "Don't move."

She quickly, but efficiently disarmed him, throwing his weapons to the corner. From his spot in the darkness of Callik's office with the snoring of Callik coming from behind him, Darian would what appeared to be four other shadows melting from the walls of the hallway and one climbing like a spider on the roof, shimmying upon the ceiling in a way that was uncanny. Soon enough, the five Enforcers dispatched into the house took up defensive positions around the office as two others, a dark robed man and his bodyguard swung themselves through.

Drawing back the hood of his cowl, Darian would find himself face to face with one of Sunberth's leading players in its power struggles. Crow of the Night Eyes himself. The man would turn towards Kallina and arch an eyebrow. "Who's he?"
"New guard, Crow. Don't know if he can be trusted yet, though he just said he had information for Callik. Been asking us to track a slave."

The man looked beyond them to where Callick was and silently gestured one of the five initial shadows to go and tend the man's wounds before Crow himself leaned down to peer into his eyes. "Let me make this clear to you first, any information you have for Callik is information for me. Any information Callik had for you ... is also mine to give you. So... if you are nice enough not to move anything other than your mouth, I promise you have a chance to be richly rewarded, speak quickly, succintly, and with care. Do you understand?"

A small nod came from Darian, and it was met with a gesture to Kallina to remove the knife from his throat. He was still kneeling in that position, as the woman stepped back slightly, and Darian was left face to... well face to hips with one of the leaders of the Night Eyes himself.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Darian on October 4th, 2011, 6:52 am

He offered a simple nod out of respect to Callik to his wishes, and moved to enter the office, taking the woman's hand as he did so to help him keep his over the rickety makeshift barricade. Looking to the woman, and not much caring for his overall appearance, he straightened up his shoulders and opened his mouth to speak when a loud clamor behind him echoed out and was followed a crash as part of the wall fell away and a two men came tumbling out. A man dressed to fit in with the shadows themselves finished the other man quickly with a vicious thrust, and as he rose to stand, Darian's hand reflexively went to the hilt of his blade.

Pain shot through the back of his knee, causing him collapsed onto his knees, and as his surprised gasp was quickly caught in his throat as the keen edge of a dagger suddenly appeared there. His eyes scrunched up at the rough treatment, but he was smart enough to keep still, as he flicked a gaze up to the woman who had turned the tables on him so fast. Perhaps this would be the end of him, death at the hands of this maniac cult who's reach seemed far and wide. It didn't seem right though, it didn't make sense on why Callik would trust the woman, and even then he wouldn't have an explanation to the men he had just killed, men the woman was fighting against too. Even in Sunberth, a place of double dealings, the simplest solution often proved true, and even though power plays using subterfuge did happen, it was more believable that this woman, and the warrior belonged to a whole other faction, one he could possibly have no fear of for the time being.

He gritted his teeth at the dismissal of his weapons, but right now he was playing their game, and the rules just happened to not want him to have a blade on his person. Even his prayer beads had been thrown aside, though the garret wire inside wouldn't have been much use what with the dagger against his throat, and his own incompetence at using such a crude device. Perhaps he would make a point of learning how to effectively use it in the future. Better yet, be carefully enough to not end up in the same humiliating position he kneeled now with his head pressed against the woman's shapely legs.

Darian couldn't help but wince as his cowl fell away, revealing parts of his burn marred face, and shapeless mass of hair that had only now just began to grow normally. So to though did the cowl fall away from the man now standing before him, and amongst the deadly entourage that surround him, Darian didn't at all feel safe. Still he smoothed out his features, and tried not to appear surprised at the announcement of the man's notorious name. Crow. Things where much more serious than he first though, more complicated than the simple job as a guard he taken. If Crow was here, something really important was going on in Sunberth, and somehow he had stepped into the middle of it.

He stiffly nodded, it was all he could do for the moment with the blade so close to his vulnerable neck. A sigh of relief escaped his lips at the removal of the blade, but all ways the survivor, Darian's body stiffened and moved not a inch as he looked forward at the man's waist, not so sure if he was invited stand up, or even look at Crow's face for that matter. Clearing his throat, he told what he knew as best he could. "The man I was sent after was much more than the helpless farmer he appeared to be. From what I caught of his conversation, he and others belong to some group that worships kryssus, and they have been collecting Konti slaves that have healing marks. Also, they know that you are watching them, and that you have a eye to get your hands on the Konti they captured. They killed Reacher, and mentioned a job I did a while with some men back involving breaking into a warehouse and acquiring konti slaves, along with the mention of some other man out there they want dead for being healed by the a konti woman. That's all I know." Darian said, his voice calm and steady as he focused on nothing in particular. His mind still drifted back to the conversations, to the way it linked together with that botched job a while back, and the mention a konti woman that stirred other thoughts in the back of his mind. If only I saw her face again.
I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archelon on October 5th, 2011, 7:38 am

For a long moment, the man named Crow simply stood there and motioned for a guard to go check the three dead bodies ... before directing his gaze at Kallina. "So what did we know about this group before? Before they attacked us?

Kallina was one of his lieutenants in the Night Eyes. One of the few they trusted to skulk about and gather the information they needed. Behind Darian her eyes looked furtively at him, glancing between him and Darian as if it was incredulous to her that they would discuss any such things to an outsider of their organization. Finally, after an even harsher stare from Crow, she relented, "Well, we don't know much about them at all, certainly that they weren't a cult of any sort. All we were doing was trying to check on slaves that pass through Sunberth. Hellspit, we didn't even know there was any possibility of any marked ones until Callik put in a this new guard's request. Just seemed like something we should know. So we starting gathering information and noted a few of our people saying they noticed carriages going up north in the middle of the night. So we followed the trail and pieced that a lot of them were konti slaves, some stolen off their isle itself. Just that we don't know how long this has been going on.For all we know, this girl the schmucks looking for could be up there somewhere in one of the ruins. We just don't have anything definite yet."

Crow nodded once and appeared thoughtful as the guards came back to whisper something in his ear. Closing his eyes to ponder through he looked at Darian, and then back at Callina. " My other lietenant just recognized the corpse as the son of a merchant named Crantz with a small keep out past the western Aggrammon Fields. The father used to do business with us until a year ago, weapons trader before his son seemed to take charge of things. Supposed to have been bed ridden ever since. It's got a few guards, that's for sure, but the rumor was that the son and the old man had a safe filled with all the papers of their dealings. We ensured no one filched from him before because of his work with us but..."

Kallina nodded, and the force of her motion could be felt at the back of Darian's skull pressed against her flesh. "So it's time to crack a safe isn't it? See what we can turn up to try to get an idea of where their hideout is?"

Crow nodded slightly, confirming Kallina's hunch. "Correct, and more then that there's the question of the Older Crantz as well. We don't know if he is a part of this yet. We just need the papers. Moreover ... we can't be linked to this if he's not. Our other business partners might take offense."

"So you want us to hire some outsiders , and not tell them anything? But what about him?" At her words Kallina put the knife back against Darian's throat, but Crow soon waved it away again.

Darian would hopefully untense in relief at the next words. "It's very simple Kallina, I'll leave it in your hands, but I do believe he's got a stake in this as well. A good reason for him not to betray us. Whatever you plan to do, whomever you plan to use. Let him go for now to do what he wishes, but when you are ready, take him with you when you go to get the contents of that safe. Use whatever resources or means necessary to hire others if need be. We'll cover it as necessary."

"But if we find which ruins they're hiding in specifically , Sir?"

Crow's eyes narrowed and an edge came to his voice, seeming to chill the room by several degrees, "Then we'll go with whatever resources of our own, or bought we deem necessary to keep this on the low. If one former affiliate of ours is involved in this cult, we will need time to reassess if there are any traitors in our organization..." What they would do to such traitors if there were any , was left unsaid as Crow looked down towards Darian. "So... now to rewards, I believe that is the best means to keep you quiet for now. We will find you when the raid upon Crantz's estate is ready. You can be assured; if you attempt to leave sunberth before this dreadful set of circumstances is finished... well. You already know what will happen to you. From now on in these matters, or any matters with the Night Eyes you may have in the future. Callik and Kallina will contact you. Until then I'll... request you continue working as a guard around here, in the slave markets for pay of course."

Reaching into the fold of his cloak, Crow drew out a slip of paper and wrote something upon it to hand to Kallina who merely took it with a grimace on her face. She still didn't let Darian up though. Not until crow had gone and walked back through those doors, taking the injured Callik with him to Dr. Patronius. Only one other Enforcer remained behind, to stand at Kallina's side. Finally when Darian was released, Kallina motioned for Darian to gather up his weapons and secure them on his person again as she sat at the desk chair Callik had just vacated and crossed her feet upon it's top surface. Her eyes bore into his own, "So... are there any questions before I tell you what the boss just wrote me a note for in regards to you?"
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Darian on October 9th, 2011, 4:49 am

He took it all in silently, his eyes attentively paying attention to Crow as he heard out every word being spoken, and replayed them in his mind for good measure. It was obvious Crow wanted him to hear this, and he wouldn't miss a single detail since any one of them could be important later on down the road. Mostly it was just talk, talk of the cult and of future requirements of him, further unneeded but not unwelcome work for him. Of course the restrictions on his movements more than a little bit offended him even though he'd likely have stayed in Sunberth anyways simply because there was no place else to go, and this was the city he had grown up by. Despite his distaste for being so helpless, he kept completely still with his breath caught in his throat, mind still reeling from all that was happening from the murderous farmers to being in the presence of one of the legendary powers of Sunberth.

Darian dipped his head slightly to acknowledge crow, choosing the physical demonstration of agreement over the verbal one out of respect for the very deadly man. Then the legend was gone, disappearing from the house, and with him his entourage and Callik till only two where left. Still he remained kneeling where he was on the wood for a moment longer till he saw with a casual flick of her wrist Kallina motioning towards his weapons. He rose up slowly, shifting quickly and quietly over to his weapons and quickly replacing his longsword in it's scabbard before picking up his prayer beads, and dagger and tucking them away underneath his night black armor. When he finished he turned around, his hazel eyes widening slightly at such a bold meeting of her own. It took him a exaggerated blink before he could even think of a response.

"I assume you know how to find me, that being said, I have none." Darian stated, his eyes not leaving hers as he took a step back to lean against the wall.

Darian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archelon on October 9th, 2011, 6:03 am

Smiling slightly in amusement, Kallina nodded a bit before glancing down at the note and began to read. "This guy's face seems like a roughened burlap sack from all those burns and he's a filthy mess. Pay for him to stay the night and have a bath at the springs, it's a neutral place at least and should be capable of allowing him to lie low for a day or two before he moves about again. Deliver a new set of clothes for him that won't irritate his skin there. Add a little extra to ensure he gets something for his troubles."

With a slight shrug, Kallina waived her hand towards Darian and the guard, "Very well. I'll take that literally... to the baths you will go to clean off. I'll have something delivered to you in the morning. After you spend a day there it should let us know if anything comes from you sneaking about."

The Enforcer nodded and motioned Darian to go out the door and back into the night. Leaving little room for denial. The guard would stay at his side heading south out of the city to the hills for a night's stay at the Aquillar hot springs. A bit of luxury compared to the midst of creeping in the mud through the dreary and dismal fields. Whatever happened, in the morning a small package would arrive, and be given to him by the old woman who tended to the guests. An unmarked rucksack bearing the following items:

Secret :
Rucksack- 1 gm
1 Silk shirt, - dark grey 10 gm
1 Baby Seal leather breeches- dark grey 8 sm
1 Silk Gloves - dark grey 15 gm
1 Silk Jacket - Dark black- 10 gm
1 Velvet Vest- Black -2 gm
1 Wool cloak- Black - 5sm
1 Black leather belt- 2sm

1 Shadowsilk Cloak- dark grey- 35 gm
1 Back and Breast- painted a dark grey - 50gm
1 Cold Iron Assassin's Dagger- 12 gm

oocI'll let you post a night at the springs if you wish :P then I'll get up the grades soon after. Thanks for the thread ^-^. I hoped you enjoyed this things twists and turns. The sequel to this may pop up shortly afterwards. :P
[/color]
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Darian on October 10th, 2011, 2:00 am

He licked his chapped lips unconsciously and couldn't hold back a grimace at the mention of how he looked. It wasn't much that he was vain about his looks but with a memorable face like his, it made it difficult to go anywhere unnoticed hence the shoddy disguise. Still there was nothing he could do about it, and he didn't doubt that they would have been able to easily keep track of him even if he wasn't as scarred up as he was. Being sent to a bath house wasn't exactly a pleasing prospect either, but staying there had a measure of sensibility in it given it's out of the way location in the hills south of Sunberth. Much safer it was than the cramped city streets of Sunberth, where behind any door could lie a someone with a blade poised to strike. Still he couldn't help but sigh quietly and offer a brief nod as she waved him off, turning on his heel as he went out, noting exasperatingly his babysitter for the trip briefly before finally morning on his way through the house, and beyond to the baths.

He sat in the water, looking quietly at his rippling reflection as it passed across the waters. Even the warping ripples of the water couldn't hide the digesting scars that had come to mar his once blemish free skin, and seemed to accent the scabs that covered his legs as the water warmed the once too dry skin. It had been painful steeping into the water at first what with every little opening in his flesh screaming at the touch of the hot water compared to the chill of the night but as it adjusted to the new temperature that surrounded him now, it became less painful, and more comfortable as even the itchiness that plagued him usually subsided for the moment. Darian couldn't quite remember the last time he had such a luxury as a bath, and the chance to soak his constantly dry skin, and wash off the muck that so caked him was pleasant to say the least. He wasn't relaxed though, he never could be and even completely bare as he was he was not without his defense, the steel of his dagger just barely glinting beneath the water beside of him. Never going without a weapon was a rule many lived by, and it was just common sense to most folk around here. With that security lying so close, Darian smirked and dipped himself completely in the water.

It was not so long after the sun rose that Darian heard a knock on his door, and with notable caution and dagger in hand, he wrapped his fingers around it's handle and pulled it open a crack to see the kind old woman who was said to run the bathhouse. He didn't release his blade, but he did open the door wide at the sight of her, and extending both hands forward, one obviously holding the blade, he accepted the package and nodded his thanks to the woman, shutting the door as she went on to other business. Tossing his dagger onto the end of his bed, he set the rucksack down in the center of it, pulling apart the strings tying it closed and revealing the bounty within. His eyes widened in surprise at such a return for his work, and with in a cold methodical way set about dressing himself, putting on the shadowsilk cloak last before straighting his vestments, and shifting his newly acquired sword belt in a way designed for optimum maneuverability. In the wake of the back and breasts limits on his movement, he would need to be able to draw as quick as possible, though he wasn't resentful of the new armor that provided much better protection than did his shadowsilk armor, though he would still carry that to the inn he resided in just incase he might need it in the future along with his now inadequate steel dagger. It seems they thought of everything Darian mused as he looked at the glint of the cold iron hilt of his new dagger resting easily opposite of his longsword on his belt.

oocReally was a pleasure doing this thread with you, I enjoyed every moment of it and am much looking forward to our future threads together. :)
Darian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archelon on October 10th, 2011, 8:14 am

Thread Award

"Sneaky, sneaky. Sneak, Sneak, sneak. sneak..."

And the Results!!!!:

Darian :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Dagger3
Longsword3
unarmed Combat1
Stealth5
Observation5
Camouflage3
Investigation3
Socialization1
Navigation3
tactics1
Running3

Lores:
Agremmon Fields(Basic)
Camouflage: Mud works
Stealth: Heel to Toe Method(basic)
Stealth: Spotting terrain for careful steps(basic)
Tactics: Caution in Avoiding Conflict(basic)
Observations of a Harrowing Mind: Beware naked myrians coated in blood.
Dangerous Leaders of Sunberth: Meeting Crow

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Awesome thread I should get the sequel up shortly. Thanks for the thread ^-^. I sent a pm to levi about your job as a merc guard, he'll pm you with the details.
[/color]
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous