Location The Southern Trading Post (City Entrance)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Location] The Southern Trading Post (City Entrance)

Postby Ashanna on August 3rd, 2012, 3:56 am

42nd day of Summer, 512 AV

It had taken her about 10 days but Ashanna could finally look up to see the Tower of Ravok. Before continuing, Ashanna sheltered herself in some nearby foliage and dropped the fabric she held between her strong, fang-lined jaws. Shifting into her human form, the Kelvic dressed herself and walked the rest of the way.

Walking out from the wooded area, she took a long breath. Her feet were blistered from the travel and because she could not carry shoes in her natural state, Ashanna's feet were only covered with socks, their black threads worn out to the point where pale skin could be seen through them. Though, her skirt did go nearly all the way to the ground, covering her feet for the most part.

She walked through the trading post without caring to look at those around her. Merchants, tradesmen, hardly worth her time. Once she reached the path leading towards the tower Ashanna sighed, she hated going uphill while in this form. She couldn't bring herself to understand why people walked on twos instead of all fours. It's like half your movement, gone... idiots. And these feet are not meant for climbing. The girl could feel pebbles that made up the path through her thinning socks and the cool breeze hitting her bared shoulders. Ravok, just getting into the city was a hassle let alone when she was finally inside to deal with the waterways and canals. Fish live in lakes, not people.

Passing through the tower doors and stepping on flattened, leveled ground was a welcome relief for her feet. Ashanna walked inside and waited for one of the guards to approach her. Her clothing might have been worn out, but one could tell that they were once expensive, or if not then they certainly looked it atop her porcelain skin. Her last master always made sure she was dressed with the most luxurious fabrics and jewels, but he was behind her now. Attempted murder will do that to a girl, she thought, remembering herself leaping out of a window to save her own life.

Lux gowns and glittering jewelry seemed a thing of the past now. Donned in all black, one would think Ashanna was heading to a funeral. Yet even with her ragged blouse and eroded skirt, the girl had something striking about her. A pristine complexion paired with dark waves of hair and eyes the color of mint leaves ground in a pewter bowl. Despite her coverings, the girl looked expensive.

"Name?"

"Aracelle Hermose"

"Your intentions in Ravok?"

Ashanna placed her hand on the guard's arm. She leaned in closer as if what she was about to say was best kept quiet.

"I am a gift to a young man in the Lark family."

The man smiled but cocked his head around Ashanna, trying to see if there were others with her.

"I had a guard with me but he tried to have his way.... well, I'm a whore but I am not for free."

With a small laugh the guard looked back at her, "Of course... any weapons to declare?"

"None that I brought with me, they say it's disrespectful to steal from the dead. Even if the dead are sleazy, untrustworthy and utterly stupid."

"Well then, Welcome to Ravok."

"Thank you," she said as she jokingly bowed, giving him plenty of time to gawk at her chest.

Then it was down the dreaded, pebbled path and onto a ferry which finally took her to the city.
Ashanna
Player

Words: 33603
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2012, 7:05 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zardra on August 25th, 2012, 9:58 pm

3rd Day Summer 512

The sun, as it lowered into the horizon like some form of fleeing insect as the darkness called out to its fears caressed his own senses. He didn’t particularly care for the light, it caused him to have headaches and more so caused his eyes to be less than reliable than one would expect. He had been coming for a few days now...a week even in a sense of evaluation.

One could not be more careful now-a-days.

Especially if you were a Zith.

The people that came seemed to be mindless goons with their one lives being so much more important, special, than everyone else. That caused a slightest of grins to form on his darkened lips as he simply perched himself in a tree. As the sun dove into the distance and the darkness overwhelmed the light…metaphorically speaking of course caused his own senses but more so, his sight to come to its idea conditions. It was no secret that Zith were naturally nocturnal and therefore held a wonderful cue for night vision, which of course complemented his immensely skilled hearing. “Pitiful” He spoke in his native tongue but of course it came out as merely a slight squeak, whine or something on the subsonic level of hearing. Unless you were of the Zith race, you wouldn’t have a clue he was speaking let alone what he stated. It was a well-known fact that the Zith saw other races as nothing more than food and at their best, a slave. He was no different.

The guards were rather persistent, capable and rather meticulous in their inspections and even though he had nothing to hide he couldn’t help but feel a little more resentful to these people. Scared even. If everyone held the same standard of inspection then he no doubt would be ripped apart to see if anything, anything at all could cause a reason for him to be denied admission. “This is it, do it!” He spoke those words in a form of motivation to himself and with that he dropped out of the tree; his clawed feet leaving its mark on the branch above like a gaping wound to nature.

As his feet gracefully caressed the grass his wings would give way, glowing around his shoulders in a makeshift cloak causing those feet to impale rather viciously into the soul beneath him. A sadistic grin formed at the corner of his lips, playfully so, stepping forward, taking towards the guards.

It wasn’t as he was scary or anything. He stood just less than six feet tall, not built like a brick wall but most certainly fit. He held deep, bright red hair with a less than styled fashion added to it and dark, almost black-blue fur all over his body, which was covered by his leathery bat like wings of the same colour. Around his elbows, a thicker sense of fur was there in that red and of course that added a deep contract to his eyes a piercing yellow.

“I request admittance to the city.” His words were actually well versed as if he had been studying the common tongue all his life with a low, rich tone but hidden in there was that added rough touch and the occasional squeak. It appeared that the guard was taken back a little that a Zith would be here but that told strength that was known by these members of the Black Sun. He wouldn’t test them.

“I am Zardra and come to seek trade for the salialana and other herbs that I have grown.” It may or may not have been a known fact but the Zith are very capable of growing the fungus that is to be considered one of the most effective aphrodisiacs in existence. An added bonus is that the fungus is rare due to the fact that Zith usually do not like to tend to the outside world.

The sack over his shoulders was pulled from around him and placed before him in an inviting fashion. The inspection was simple and nothing other than what he stated before would be found and the fact that he was basically nude showed that he had no weapons to speak of and the only other possession on him was his Miza’s and a piece of bone, clearly a sentimental piece of his.

“I have no ill intentions, whatsoever, and only seek trade.”

The man before him eyed the Zith with utter distrust and it was obvious to even him that trust was not going to be easy to receive. To his astonishment his sack was tossed back to him with little more than a grunt and with a solid finger placed in his direction he was not only warned but also threatened with his life if he caused any form of ill-treatment within the city.

With that, he passed, slowly at first as if he was uncertain if he should continue but after a chime or two he was in more of a regular, natural pace heading to the docks. It was an odd feeling to him as he moved through the people. He always figured he would have the urge to rip out their hearts, slit their throats but with the excitement of entering a city, he was calmed. People on the other hand cowered, eyed him with mistrust and even took off away as he approached. He was a monster? To most yes.
Zardra
Player

Words: 11541
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2012, 6:00 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Renalee on September 3rd, 2012, 7:53 am

[quote="Renalee"]

39th of Fall, 512 AV

Ren had shifted a few miles south of the Trading post that allowed entrance into Ravok and had walked the remaining distance on foot, backpack slung over her shoulders. It had been a while now that she had been in her human form and the movements of the different muscles felt a little bit strange to the Kelvic. If she had seen her reflection somewhere she would realize that the long and speedy travel had cost her quite a bit. She looked very little like the girl who had left Sunberth almost four Seasons ago.

She appeared too thin for her height, her body all skin and bones and muscles that looked unnaturally well-developed, considering her overall state. You could easily detect the points where her collarbones, hipbones and ribs rose almost to the surface of her skin and her eyes looked to have sunken a bit. Even if Ren had seen herself she probably wouldn’t have cared. It didn’t matter - her trip was over now. She had arrived at her destination and all that was left was to gain entrance as a free traveler this time around.

The blonde approached the tower and the guards that could grant her entrance or send her back on her way with no little trepidation. Last time she had been in Ravok she hadn’t exactly been an exemplary citizen. The images of two human males, lying dead in a pool of their own blood plagued her mind as she tried to greet the approaching guard with a smile. Ren gave him her backpack to be checked for any weapons she might have refused to declare or any other items which might have been considered illegal. When nothing out of the ordinary was found the man stared his questioning.

“My name is Renalee and I have come to this city to look for work. I am a good hunter and my skills might be of service to the people of Ravok.” If she was planning on staying she would have to earn her keep and make sure to stay our of the guards’ and the Ebonstryfe’s way. At least a hunter would be allowed to carry weapons around and wouldn’t be questioned about it.

“The only thing I have to declare as a weapon on me would be my dagger,” She motioned to the sheath that hung on her belt. “As well as the eating knife you’ve already seen in my pack. I will most likely be looking to buy a bow however, to facilitate my trade.” Either that or to make sure she could keep her distance if she needed to fight someone. But the guards didn’t need to know that now, did they? In any case she wasn’t planning on getting herself in trouble again any time soon.

The guard looked at her with a frown on his face, and expression she guessed he reserved for all those trying to enter his city. Finding nothing suddenly suspicious or out of the ordinary he waved her away after a moment, grunting something that could have been any number of things including “Welcome to Ravok’ and “Do try the fish.”. Ren made sure to smile again as she passed by him and to keep her back straight and head held high. It wouldn’t do to look like a sneaking criminal right now. She left the guards behind with a small sigh of relief and headed towards the ferry departure point. A few bells later she would be in the city and would have to look for a place to stay.
Renalee
The call of the wild

Words: 80614
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2012, 10:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Roza on September 11th, 2012, 5:33 pm

8th Fall 512 AV

Roza walked out out of the gates. He looked back at the big city. He was only going to be gone for two days but he hoped no one died during then. With a frown he set off.
Roza
Player

Words: 784
Joined roleplay: September 9th, 2012, 3:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Southern Trading Post (City Entrance)

Postby Rynhin Quickhand on September 29th, 2012, 10:25 pm

16th of Fall, 512 AV

The sun was setting and a gentle wind blew in from the lake as the merchant caravan was making it's way towards The southern trading post. In the back of one of the wagons the youngest daughter of the merchant walked up to Rynhin and gave him a not so gentle lick on the shoulder.
"Wake up! We're almost there and my father does not want you on the wagon once we get there!"
Rynhin groaned and opened his eyes, finding himself looking up at a fierce scowl. "You know, it would be much more pleasant to wake up to a smile.", smiling up at her he added. "Besides, it would almost make you look pretty."
It seemed he had just earned himself another kick because her foot connected with his shoulder once again. "Just get up and get out of here!" And with that she turned around.
"Yes yes madame, I wasn't planning on overstaying. Thank you for waking me up" Still smiling he crawled up and collected the backpack he had used as a pillow and checked it's content to make sure that nothing was missing. With a shake of his head he stood up, dusting off his clothes as he turned towards the girl. He was amazed by how she could keep her clothes so clean on the road, granted it had been an uneventful journey but clothes still got dirty during travel. Women must have their own magic.
Ryhin held out his hand infront of her as he moved up beside her."You know, stealing is not a nice thing to do."
The girl refused to look at him and gave him a harrumph. Shaking his hand in front of her once more until she finally gave him back the lockpick she had taken from his backpack. He gave her head a ruffle and danced away from a kick as she screamed at him.
"Now don’t go off trying to steal anything from some poor lad after I leave.” And with a smile he slung his backpack onto his shoulder and turned to leave.
Behind him the young girl bristled. “You are one to talk!
Rynhim waved a hand dismissively above his head as he jumped of the wagon. “I don’t steal from the poor.” And before she could respond he melted into the crowd.

A short while later Rynhin made it up to the tower , a slow trickle of rain had started falling from the sky. Rynhin faced up towards the sky and let the few drops fall onto his face.” Well at least it will wash away some dirt.. “ He thought to himself as he approached the tower. Two of the guards waved him over, both with bored expressions on their faces. “Name, profession, reason for staying?” The first guard asked in a monotone voice.
Rynhin, and I came here looking for work.” Rynhin responded with a smile. The guard studied him for a while then made some notes into his book. “Got anywhere to stay?” He asked.
I have an apartment at The Docks.” The guard made another note and waved him forward to the second guard. “He will go through your goods and , if you have any, weapons.
Rynhin handed over the backpack to the second guard and reached in under his cloak after his dagger which he put on top of the backpack. The second guard gave him a grunt and searched through his backpack. “Spread your arms.” The second guard told him and put away the backpack. Rynhin did as he was asked and the guard did a quick body-search. “He’s good.” The second guard told the first as he handed him back the backpack, then waved him down towards the door. “You’ll get to the city by ferry.” Rynhin nodded his thanks towards the guards and set out towards the door and the path leading to the ferry.
Rynhin Quickhand
Thief

Words: 9336
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 12:00 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Baird on November 5th, 2012, 9:10 pm

14th Fall 512 A.V.
Early morning.

The man with the dead eyes entered the tower around dawn. There was nothing especially odd about him; he was human, around thirty, and dressed in a thick wool cloak and carrying a large backpack; nothing served to distinguish him from the multitude of other travelers that had passed by the Southern Trading Post since Ravok's genesis, and yet something about him still made the guards on duty uneasy.

“Halt.” A gloved hand made to stop the traveler from passing through the guardtower. The day had been a cold one, the stones of the tower doing little to stop the cold. The Ravokians had been shuffling about, trying to keep warm, but now they stood still and stared straight forward, doing their best to intimidate the newcomer. Baird stared right on back.

One of them, who Baird inferred was the captain due to the length of his beard, stepped forward. “What is your name and business in Ravok?” he asked.

Baird had to stop and think before answering. It had been a risky move, coming here in his current state. Baird could feel the guards' eyes on him, trying to discern what it was that made them feel so apprehensive. He had bathed in an icy river and dressed in as many layers as he could, but he still felt as though something was going to give him up. And if it did...he would be gutted on the spot. His fellow sellswords had warned him about treading carefully in Ravok, and that had been before everything had happened.

But Baird was tired of waiting up the mountains, conflicted, hopefully justice would come to him.

"My name's Baird. I've come to live with my family. My brother, to be exact." Family indeed. The Nobleman had been a member of their company once, true enough. They, he and Baird, were brothers. Now, brothers didn't typically make a habit of killing one another, but that was what the Nobleman had done, and that was what Baird was here to do.

One big happy family...

The answer seemed to be adequate enough. The man nodded. “Now, hand over any weapons.”

Baird's eyebrows raised. What was this?

“It's just to check 'em - you'll get it back, o'course.” The man, perhaps noticing Baird's rising incredulity, added. He glanced back at his men, which Baird didn't take as a good sign.

Though he wanted to tell them all where he'd put those weapons they wanted to check, Baird instead sighed and pushed his cloak over his shoulders. Unbuckling his longsword, he silently handed it over.

The guardsman inspected the weapon for a few moments, drawing it from its sheath and testing the blade against his hand. After a few moments, he had reached a decision.

“Fine. Go on through.” he said gruffly, pushing the sword back into Baird's grasp.

Halfway there.

Perhaps it was the surprise of actually getting this far, but the dead man actually smiled. “Thank you very much, sir.”
Baird
Not a Nuit

Words: 18917
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2012, 4:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Maedoc on November 14th, 2012, 7:34 am

The 76th day of Fall, 512 A.V.

The squat squared tower of the Southern Trading Post loomed close now, close enough to see the figures beneath it. Maedoc was relieved and paused a moment to clench his toes inside his boots. An audible popping sent relief through his aching feet. The journey had been harsh, but no more so than anything else in his existence, and the idea of finally reaching his destination had made him inwardly giddy, even to the point of making him light his pipe.

As a chill wind picked up around him he spat into the dirt road, flakes of blackened tobacco went with the white saliva, smoking in the cold always made him spit. “About damned time.” The tired traveler muttered to himself as he approached.

The guards seemed to straighten a bit upon seeing him. Not out of fear, but of a health sense of suspicion. He wore leathers fashioned into armor and carried a hammer that could have no other purpose but raining death. Two men slid their way easily onto the road in front of him and waited, gloved hands resting easily on belted hilts.

“Halt. State your name and reason for visiting the city.” Said the left one in a practiced bored, yet loud tone. His authority as senior man was apparent.

“Maedoc Galenos, and I’m looking for work.” Maedoc said, glancing up at the parapets of the tower. The crest of a helmet and the slim curve of a longbow were visible against the grey sky behind.

“What kind of work?” The city watchman intoned, glancing at the hammer. Maedoc did not want to be interrogated, but neither did he want to invite the wrath of the city watch on himself.

“The kind that pays, whatever that be.” Maedoc shrugged indifferently. He blew more smoke into the wind and leant heavily on his hammer. His feet burned with a wet pain he was dying to rid himself of.

“Right then. Drop the hammer and any other weapons you might have on your person, and that bag, on one side of the road and go ahead and wait on the other. Raigas here will need to check your things.” The guard said, he and his partner still had the edginess of any experienced law enforcer.

Maedoc did not approve of this policy, but it was not his city. He simply let the hammer drop and shrugged his pack of his back, gladly releasing his shoulders from their burden. “Of course.” He strolled across the road, taking his pipe out of his mouth and licking his teeth. Strict law, compared to Sunberth. But then again, everywhere was strict compared to Sunberth. No matter, he was fairly confident there was nothing in his pack a guard would care for.

The senior watchman was gazing at him with a trained eye. “You have housing for your stay, boy?” The degrading moniker riled him but was expected. These men were probably dying for some sort of excitement on slow days like this.

“No.” Maedoc spoke coolly. His anger stirred inside him, but his dull eyes did not betray him. Well they did not betray his anger any more than normal.

“You will need housing for your stay, boy.”

“Yes.” Obviously.

The guard seemed to realize Maedoc was being fresh with him but chose only to scowl and stare. Just then Raigas finished with him pack, picking it up and throwing it to the traveler. Maedoc caught it and slipped the ragged straps into their sweat stained grooves upon his shoulders. After retrieving his hammer from where the watchman left it on the ground the guard pointed behind him.

“On the other side of the post there’s a stone path leading down to the ferry. Have a few copper mizas ready.” He said simply.
Maedoc ignored him, making his way around the crafted grey walls of the Post.
Maedoc
"When Tempest Tossed, Embrace Chaos." -D.K.

Words: 53732
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amelia Cross on November 15th, 2012, 7:04 pm

Sunset, 6th day of Fall, 512 a.v.

The sun was close to falling down the horizon and it was not the time of day Amelia was most excited to see. None the less she was glad to have finally reached Ravok. This city ha always held memories close to her hearth, even if it’s not exactly the brightest memories one could have.
The black haired girl jumped off her beloved horse ”Hush now Fauna, no need to worry at all, it’s just Ravok” the girl comforted her quite nervous horse. For some reason she never enjoyed the trips to Ravok, not that she could blame the creature. A city of canals isn’t exactly something a horse would enjoy.
”Hold! Who are you and what business do you hold in Ravok?” came a stone cold voice of a guard. It toke only a seconds glace up for Amelia to recognize him. They weren’t friends, family or even familiar. Noen the less, he has been the most common guard to ‘welcome’ Amelia in and out of Ravok. The man must have already memorized her answers by hearth now, however he had no choice but to lead through the boring processes once more. ”Amelia Cross, I am here from Zeltiva to visit my Father” she answered with zero expression on her face, still her mind wondered, why didn’t he ask anything about her father? It was there job, but she assumed he had grown tiered of her story each time. ”please hand us any weapons””the only weapons I have, is a fishing kit” Amelia answered, knowing the answer was quite awkward she avoided direct eye contact with the man, who just shock his head and stepped to the side, allowing the girl to enter ”Please, welcome to Ravok and let your stay be pleasant””thank you” Amelia bowed her head before entering.
She knew that by winter she’d be going to Zeltiva once more, but that didn’t bother her now, she was too keen up on the idea of having some fun in Ravok. Well, first she'd have to go find a place she can either set out her tent or just stay for a few nights without having to bother her father.
Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Xaden on December 2nd, 2012, 10:50 pm

Winter 2 512

“Finally I made it” Xaden thought as he walked out of the tree line, catching site of the tower that marks the entrance to the city of Ravok. He has been traveling for the several days now and in desperate need of rest, supplies, and mizas. So he figured what better place to find what he needs then city of his family patron god. Thinking back to his loss love ones cause Xaden to miss step. No matter how long ago it was he still fear a pain of their loss, and he prays to Rhysol or to any god that cares to listen that they are still alive some were.

As he got closer to the tower he was greeted by two armed guards.
“Hold what your name business in Ravok?” Ask the first guard on the right in a bored voice as if he memorize the question and cares little for the answer. “Rest and resupply maybe getting a job” Xaden answered seeing to reason to lie. Nodding the second guard recorded it in the ledger he carried.

“Do you have any weapons? “Ask the first one

“Take a look for yourself” the animator said holding out his bag. After listing out the items in it the guards handed his bag back while welcoming him into Ravok. As he made his way to the ferry making a list of the things he needs and were to find some were to stay; he couldn't stop thinking that those two bones would make wonderful golems.
Xaden
Player

Words: 2349
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 5:55 am
Character sheet

Postby Noaru on December 16th, 2012, 6:49 am

Winter 15, 512 A.V.

The sun was slowly setting upon the horizon, shadows stretched from behind the tree's and stones of the land--the air cooled and stilled as the darkness once oppressed by the sun was now stretching its hand across the world; this darkness was called.... night. A shadowy figure stepped through the forested brush, he was covered in dirt and blood: a wild man some would call him... a peasant... a thief. The man had walked and journeyed a long and treacherous path throughout his life, he was reaching his ends rope, he could see a large stone tower ahead; his bodies imbalance made it hard for him to walk properly, he wobbled from side to side, falling, cutting his feet, hands, and knee's along the stones and gravel beneath him.

The exhausted man hadn't seen civilization in months, he was dirty, his clothes torn from long nights of running from wild beasts and bandits, wanting whatever they could steal from him but all that he had left was only... his life. He was able to find civilization due to an odd figure that spoke to him from the darkness every night before he slept, telling him to keep traveling deeper into the wilderness and that he would eventually find civilization, his home. This man believing this to be his mind finally breaking down on him found no reason to doubt or argue, he was just about tired of struggling... of the constant fear of death... of starving, eating nothing but rodents, frogs and creatures that crawled beneath and above the earth was taking toll upon his mind and body... disgusting.

This mans eyes filled with tears of joy as he reaches the stone tower, he falls to his knee's before the two guards who looked at him strangely, reluctant to let someone like this cruddy and wild thing into their precious home city of which they have called for many long years, many calling it ''Ravok The City of The Blackened Sun''. The man's eyes strayed from the guards toward the stone wall and gate behind them... he could see a shadow moving along the wall; he looks behind him to see nothing that could cast a shadow, he counted the bodies that could cast a shadow, including his own and realized that there should only be three shadows not four!

The mans eyes that were filled with joy were now filled with dread, he had just given something enough time to slip pass the guards and creep towards the gate, he looks on as the shadowy figure turns to him, its eyes seemingly glowing in the moon lit night. A smile creeps across this figures face as it slowly faded from view but before it faded completely from the view--the man came to a realization that he was used to get into the city by some malevolent entity, it had given him a name for it to be called by.... Noaru. The man went into a hysterical fit of panic, unwilling to let Noaru enter the city but it was to late, Noaru had slipped passed the guards and was hovering over the waters, heading towards the city.

The only scene remained was the man screaming and the guards forcing him from stone towers gates as they closed...
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext