Wintry Encounters [Kendall, Hadrian, Ethan]

While on recon Jaiun comes across three travelers with very interesting stories to tell.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Kendall Saarinen on October 12th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Kendall watched the bear carefully. Hadrian did not seem too worried and the mage was much better skilled in auristics than himself. If Hadrian did not see anything amiss then there was more often than not, nothing to worry about. He tried to push the thought out of his mind. Guilt could stem from anything. Even something as simple as stubbing someone else's toe. In truth, he really was not one to judge even though he just had. Ivak gave him his mark not to judge those who held down their emotions but to help, among other things of course. At least that is what Kendall liked to think.

Jaiun's emotions were quickly forgotten when a different emotion hit him. It was coming from Ethan. He had never felt emotion from the kelvic through his gnosis. The bird never seemed to hide his emotions. In fact, he never missed an opportunity to share them. Hadrian seemed to be dealing fine with Jaiun so Kendall turned to follow Ethan. "Pardon me for a moment."

He smiled lightly as he saw the man was moving back to Dyakana. His hand reached up to Ethan's shoulder. "Hey, are you okay?" Kendall looked up at him with a concerned glance. Ethan knew of Kendall's gift from Ivak but he was not sure if the kelvic knew what it did. "You seem bothered." He did not want Ethan to upset. It felt a bit odd. He was usually the lightest of the group. "You can talk to me if you need." He walked up to Dyakana's side and stroked her mane. He always found she helped to calm him down when he was upset. She had been the only common factor on this little adventure of his.
Last edited by Kendall Saarinen on October 23rd, 2011, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Jaiun on October 13th, 2011, 7:31 pm

The three were an strange lot, to be sure. Strange in an intriguing kind of way. Jaiun felt that there was something that he was missing about the trio, something they were keeping hidden, but whatever it was, Jaiun could not discern. He was no Aurist, or, Morwen forbid, an Azenth, and possessed no unnatural powers in this regard; whatever they were keeping to themselves, he would have to find out the old-fashioned way.

Jaiun's formal words were met with an equally elegant response, at least from the one who called himself Hadrian. The Kelvic turned and walked away from him without saying a word, and the other man, Kendall, excused himself to go talk to him.

The latter situation didn't alarm him, as he understood the want for privacy in a thoroughly unprivate place, but the response from Hadrian he had garned did surprise.He hadn't expected etiquette from travelers, as the ones he had encounterd were simple folk. Not so with these three, it seemed. Curiouser and curiouser.

"That's good, then." Jaiun replied after a moment of thought. "I would be happy to lead you to Morwen's fair city. If you all travel on your mounts, we'll either be there by tonight or tomorrow morning."

Jaiun turned to look at the other two of the group. "Once you two are done talking, we'll be off. I'll be traveling in my bear form, if that's fine."

Jaiun turned his back on the group and prepared to change. Hesitating at the last moment, Jaiun looked back over his shoulder as the mysterious trio.

"If you are hurt or need my help in anyway, holler and I'll assist you. I'll hear you, I promise."

And with that, a shimmering veil of lights enveloped his form once more, leaving a overlarge polar bear in it's place once it left. He growled in a low undertone at them, waiting.

Reworking this character. Please excuse the changes occurring; they won't last long, I promise.
Jaiun
Don't be fooled.

Words: 53896
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 12:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Hadrian on October 22nd, 2011, 7:55 pm

Hadrian smiled and thanked the friendly bear before turning back toward Adrasteios and the others. No Azenth he, still he could sense auras with great skill, and those he knew well the best of all. Ethan wasn't very good at hiding his feelings from Hadrian, who offered him a sympathetic smile with his back turned to Jaiun, a silent offer that all would be well in the end. He could certainly guess at Ethan's feelings toward Kelvics given the few things he had heard him say in Ravok and since, but there would be a time to speak of such things. For now it were best not to offend the Icewatch, as they would make Avanthal their home at least through the winter.

He reached out with a tendril of his aura to stroke at Ethan's, a hypnotic suggestion to soothe him. But he had told Ethan that he could calm people down, and so he might even recognize the feeling as Hadrian's invisible influence, but it was not an attempt to manipulate him, merely the only amount of comfort he could offer him in the situation.

"Shall I take your spear, Ethan?" he asked calmly. "Then you can fly."

From aloft, perhaps things would not seem quite so bad. Hadrian clambered awkwardly into the saddle again, his legs protesting. He was looking forward to a more sedentary lifestyle in the Everwinter City.

Once that was decided, though, he would be ready to continue on their way.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on October 23rd, 2011, 9:52 pm

Kendall looked at Ethan nervously before wrapping his arms around the Kelvic. The pair had not hugged since Ethan had found Kendall crying back in the summer. He worried that the man might find the action a bit odd but he also did not want to see Ethan upset. When he pulled away he looked at Ethan. "You can always talk to me, okay? Are you good?" He did not want to leave the Kelvic to fly off on his own if he was still upset but Kendall also wanted to get to the city as soon as he could.

The blond nodded to Jaiun. "We are ready. Sorry about the delay." He placed a hand on Ethan's arm, giving him a small smile. "I'm sorry you are upset. Thank you for being respectful though." Kendall knew how angry Ethan could get if provoked and the last thing the group would want is Ethan offending the bear. The Spires were a long way from where they stood and he did not want to have them lose their welcome to Avanthal.

Climbing up on Dyakana's back, he ran a hand down her mane. He imagined she must have been cold. "Don't worry Kana, when we get to Avanthal I'll get you set up in a nice stable." The cost might have been high, Kendall did not know. He would pay it for her though. She had been the only constant in this strange journey of his.

"I'm ready when you are Jaiun." The pair would be ready to move on as soon as their avian friend was ready.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ethan on October 28th, 2011, 8:44 am

Hadrian and Kendall's kind words were a surprise, but a welcomed one. He expected them to know how he felt. But didn't expect such support. He rarely talked about his feelings on the topic of Kelvic rights. It was a tricky subject for most humans and an even hotter one for Ethan. Without talking to them in private. He couldn't trust they where on the same page as him. But for now he took the support.

Kendall excused himself from the pet bear and walked closer. Asking him if he was okay and needed to talk. ”I do, but now is not the time. Thank you for the offer though.”. Said Ethan. Trying to keep his anger under control. Before Kendall could say more, he started to feel the slight touch of Hadrian's influence. It was subtle, as was all of Hadrian's actions. But easily detected. After practicing with someone's Aura and Res for so long. You tend to know it as well as your own.

Even though he saw it coming. It worked its charm, as Kendall hugged him. It was a bit of a surprise coming from someone who hardly if ever gave physical affection. Ethan hugged the blond back and smiled. If it was Hadrian's influence he couldn't tell, but that hug felt good. ”Thank you Brother.” He whispered to Kendall as he let go. Then turned on Hadrian. Ethan tried to fight a smile as the Mage offered to take his spear. ”I should kick your bony ass too Avanthal for this, but I'm feeling good right now.” He gave up and just smiled. Placing the spear into Hadrian's hand, he sighed. ”Thanks Hadrian. I'll be scouting ahead, look up if you need me.” He hugged his teacher then started to strip. Quickly he took off his cloak and untied his tunic. Once his shirt was off and only his legs remained clothed. he shifted.

The Northern winds bit into his flesh, but not when he was encased in thick feathers and the lush down of his bird form. He thanked Eywaat for that daily as they traveled farther North. The Lammergeier wiggled his way out of breeches and hopped onto the fresh packed snow. Taking flight a moment later
Ethan
"If you need help, look up"

Words: 286041
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2011, 9:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mutt on December 22nd, 2011, 12:41 am

Hadrian

Experience

Skill XP Earned