[Konti Pride] We Know What You Did Last Summer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is dedicated to housing a thread for each race wherein each race gets to keep in touch with each other, check-in, chit-chat, plot the further advancement of their race, tell jokes, post pictures, keep in contact, etc. Look for your race's thread and feel free to join in the discussion - whatever that may be on any given day!

Postby Sa'Flora on September 26th, 2011, 2:02 am

Um, hello everyone! I just made this Konti and after writing the CS for her, I'm already in love. But I had a rather tough time coming up with a Konti gift (I didn't even understand it fully, which I'm sure Gossamer will tell you. But she brought be to the light <3) so I think giving a list of ideas for new Konti's Gifts is a pretty awesome idea.

Sa'Flora has the ability to touch someone and see the saddest moment in their life from their eyes. She does not feel anything that they felt, she only sees it. She also must remain in physical contact with the person. If contact is broken, she loses the vision automatically.

Anyway, on a random tangent, the thread title had me laughing for a good two minutes, so you should definitely keep it. <3
Sa'Flora
Seer of Sorrows

Words: 9947
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Avari on September 26th, 2011, 2:31 am

I just wanted to say, I don't think it should be that big of a deal if there are Konti characters with duplicate gifts. For one thing, it might get pretty hard for new players to keep thinking of ever more distinctive ideas for gifts if there are a lot of active Konti already in play. For another thing, there could be good reasons for two or more Konti to have the same gift, like families often sharing the same or similar Konti gifts of insight. It'd also be interesting from a storytelling perspective to see two characters with the same gift using it in very different ways and living their lives very differently. (For instance, someone else with Sondra's sinspeaking gift might grow up to be a merciful, soft-hearted healer who tries to take others' sins on herself to absolve others of their guilt and resolve their psychological problems.) But that's just my thoughts on this matter.

Avari's gift gives her the ability to touch someone and sense the thing they love and desire most. She perceives the object of desire the way that the subject himself thinks of it, normally as an image but sometimes as sounds or smells. Physical contact is required.

Avari

"Everyone wants something... And when you know what a man wants you know who he is, and how to move him." - George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
Avari
Insightful trickster

Words: 296184
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kamalia Timandre on September 26th, 2011, 5:37 am

Hello! I think that's an excellent idea, Jen. I can try helping listing all the Konti and their gifts.

Kamalia's Gift is also Truth Sensitivity. She does not necessarily detect "lies", but she can detect the element of "truth" in someone's words or writing. My PC does not automatically know the truth, unlike in Truthism. It's what the person really believes. So telling or writing something untrue means they don't believe what they're saying.

Sa'Flora! Welcome, sister!
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Cicatrice on September 26th, 2011, 6:40 am

Hello Hello~

I'm rather new to the Konti experience, and so far, it's my favorite. ^_^
Last edited by Cicatrice on September 27th, 2011, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alternate PC

Lyth
Cicatrice
Player

Words: 24023
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2011, 12:20 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on September 26th, 2011, 9:41 am

Here's my feelings about the duplication of Konti Gifts, like the sinspeaker since we now have two it seems though Sondra was by and large the first.

There are an infinite number of ways a Konti can be gifted by the vision water in her family and in her blood. When we disallow folks to duplicate gifts, it pushes new players to dig deeper and find new more creative ways for the konti to really strive for uniqueness. By saying 'oh, we can duplicate... its fine' we'll soon have ten sinspeakers and no originality. You can make the argument that they will all play them differently, but the truth of the matter is the first sets the standard and pattern, paves a road, shines a light and that sets a standard which the other gifts of the same kind fall into. Its the theory of the path of least resistance. People will claim otherwise, but they ALWAYS take the easiest way. When you force them to have a unique gift, then that means they have HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE to figure out how they are going to do things and what is going to make their PC unique. I can so easily justify this in the lore as well. There aren't that many Konti at one time and I can simply say that only one gift of a kind exists in the world at once.

I know I'm probably not saying this very well, but I truly want PCs in Mizahar to be unique. I especially feel this way about the Konti who can and will have a tendency to be all alike. I don't want everyone borrowing character concepts or duplicating the things that are SUPPOSED to make each PC unique. I know folks don't do this on purpose, but it happens. They are all going to be alike if they are all allowed to do the same thing.

I hope everyone understands.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Avari on September 26th, 2011, 2:21 pm

Ahh, thank you for the explanation, Gossamer. I do understand where you're coming from with the importance of having a unique gift, and it does make sense with how few living Konti there are at a time. I also didn't mean to imply that there is another sinspeaker character out there, by the way; that was just an example that I made up off the top of my head to show how two players could portray living with their gift in different ways. As far as I know too, Sondra is the only sinspeaker out there.

Avari

"Everyone wants something... And when you know what a man wants you know who he is, and how to move him." - George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
Avari
Insightful trickster

Words: 296184
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kamalia Timandre on September 26th, 2011, 3:16 pm

Jen,
I love the idea of each Konti having a unique gift at a time! Once we have the list of gifts up, maybe we can include a little OOC note in the the Konti race page that links to the list of active Konti players and their gifts.

I can help updating the page once in a while.
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Cachet on September 26th, 2011, 3:24 pm

Hey girls. *waves*

I love the idea of the unique Konti gifts. It allows for uniqueness and well will allow a race that tends to be similar to have very distinct differences. I would love to dig through CS's and list the gifts everyone has. I think I can do this myself and I will see about it. But no promises.

Also I love this thread, I will be keeping an eye on you girls. ^_^

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Office

Postby Arianni D'Sorn on September 26th, 2011, 4:01 pm

I'm all following the rules and having unique gifts for each Konti but what of those established PCs who've already chosen duplicate/similar gifts, like me? I honestly didn't know that Kamalia's gift was similar when I made this PC...Should I pick a new one, even though I've used thew gift extensively though the RP of this character?
Arianni D'Sorn
Eye of the Void

Words: 49757
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 12:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cachet on September 26th, 2011, 4:05 pm

I think it is more of a "from here on out" thing.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Office

PreviousNext