[Konti Pride] We Know What You Did Last Summer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is dedicated to housing a thread for each race wherein each race gets to keep in touch with each other, check-in, chit-chat, plot the further advancement of their race, tell jokes, post pictures, keep in contact, etc. Look for your race's thread and feel free to join in the discussion - whatever that may be on any given day!

Postby Gossamer on September 26th, 2011, 5:44 pm

Honestly, I think if your under 50 posts, you can definitely change your PC's concept because your still new enough to make the changes. Espeically in Arianni D'Sorn 's case, this konti gift duplicates a Gnosis completely and utterly (unlike Kam's spin on it) so its not allowed anyhow. I don't think we need two sinspeakers either. That takes something from the person that originally thought up the concept and is actively playing it. I also think you guys should make sure your Konti are listed in the Konti page if no one's started a list.

I've been parroting for AGES the lack of duplicating things. This isn't a 'new' concept from me.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 26th, 2011, 6:08 pm

Okay.. so I went ahead and created the page. I also started a list of notable or active Konti PCs on the wiki Konti page. Feel free to add your PCs in and their gifts. This involves uploading an avatar picture into the wiki, but it isn't hard. Go to the main lore page, log onto the wiki (if you don't have an account create one and ask Tarot to add your permissions to edit the wiki in the News Around the Campfire thread designed for that - for you new folks). Once your logged on, follow the left column down until you see 'upload a file' then click on it. Fill in the info (uploading is standard everywhere).. make sure you name your file the same as your PC... and click submit. Then go to the main Konti page and the main Konti_gifts page and edit the field where the lists are. Copy someone's field, place it in the location in the list via character creation date, and write your own info in overwriting theirs. I've put my own PC on both so people have a template and know what to do.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cachet on September 26th, 2011, 6:40 pm

Noted. Thanks Jen!

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Office

Postby Gossamer on September 26th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Fixed the links too. If anyone needs help adding themselves into the wiki, its around. Just ask here and one of us will definitely do it but you need to have all the information and links ready for us. The format looks like this:

|url1 = http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic666.html
|thread1 = Kavala
|desc1 = (10/24/09) '''Animal Empathy''': Kavala feels what animals feel and if she is around specific individuals enough, she can pick up glimpses of their thinking. Her strider, for example, can flash pictures of carrots in her mind when Windsong wants a carrot from his mistress. It also helps make her an excellent animal healer because she can intensely feel where they hurt. If an animal is a kelvic, she can often feel their thoughts and if shes close enough sometimes they might seem like they are indeed her own. Kavala over the years has learned to separate out her own thoughts from theirs - but animals can still heavily influence her mood and feelings by what they project.
|pic1 = Kavala.jpg
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kamalia Timandre on September 26th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Thanks, Jen!

I'm willing to add Konti PCs to the Konti page and the Konti Gifts page, especially for those who don't have permission to edit the wiki yet.

Just post the link to the avatar, and include a very brief description (see the active Konti PCs section for examples) of your PC, and the specifics of her Gift.
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Arianni D'Sorn on September 26th, 2011, 10:38 pm

OK, so I may need a little help in fleshing out my PC's new Konti gift. Here's what I have so far:

Neuro-empathy (working title, if anyone can suggest a more fitting name, please do!)
- Arianni's 'gift' unconsciously causes her to pick up the neuroses of those people she spends considerable time with. She has no control over the ability, and the change is so gradual that she would only notice that she's doing something she doesn't normally do until she's done something that is out of character for her something that is a drastic deviation from what she would normally do. For example, if she has a kleptomaniac companion and they were in a store, she will feel a desire to pocket an item she thinks no one will notice missing. If with someone who was obsessive-compulsive, Arianni will eventually start checking and rechecking where she has put her things, or making sure that she has bolted the door more than once. More complex psychological conditions take longer to pick up, but the more time she spends with the person with those conditions, the more she absorbs their neuroses. Extensive physical contact with the person speeds up the absorption process.

Thoughts? Comments?
Arianni D'Sorn
Eye of the Void

Words: 49757
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 12:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on September 26th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Thats a great idea.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cachet on September 26th, 2011, 11:41 pm

Bout to say I liked it ^_^

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Office

Postby Jumaymah on September 29th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Hello there my sisters, Jumaymah's still very much a WIP in progress but I just had to post here, if nothing else to show off how pretty she is. Also, having her posted here might actually motivate me to hurry up and get her CS actually finished, rather than the random collection of notes that it currently is.

Oh and if someone could add her gift to the Wiki for me (don't have editting rights yet) that'd be fantastic.

Empathic Pain

Jumaymah would be hard pressed to call what she can do a 'gift', actually seeing it as much more of a curse. While it has been undeniably useful in the past when acting as a physician the toll it takes on her psyche is too high for her to make use of it regularly. Jumaymah literally feels another's on touching them, and it's something that she has no control over. She automatically experiences their physical pain as if it were her own, whether that's a mild headache or a broken limb. The longer she remains in contact with a person the longer she'll experience the pain for after contact is broken, most commonly it'll be almost as long as the contact lasted.
Jumaymah
Player

Words: 2629
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2011, 7:18 am
Character sheet

Postby Arianni D'Sorn on September 30th, 2011, 12:06 am

Hello Jumaymah!

I've added you Konti Gift in the wiki. I'm looking forward to reading your CS. Don't forget to link it under your profile!
Arianni D'Sorn
Eye of the Void

Words: 49757
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 12:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext