A Time To Heal. (Closed)

Feast Day for Rak'keli goes wrong.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

A Time To Heal. (Open)

Postby Lucy on October 2nd, 2011, 12:30 pm

Lucy was a little confused because of Murphy. Wolf Klevic. Destiny indeed like to play with peoples. But, anyways, she haven't saw Klevic who is able to act like that. He changed so easy, without a fear that he'll be noticed and without explanation started to talk with them. She liked that, she would love if she could do something like that.

"Hey, Murphy.", she said when Syllke introduced her. "I'm an eagle", she answered after Galio's half transformation, looking at him a little angry. She was pretty sure that Murphy would understand without any public acts. "Black eagle, actually. I've been pure white until... some time ago. Weird, huh?" She remembered Luna again, but that reminded her how lucky is she for being with Galio in Denval again. She was really happy after a while. She felt complete, like she is a part of everything. Who cares about the past? She smiled to Galio when he remembered the food. Real grizzly.

One more man came. He was talking to Syllke again. That Vantha is quiet popular around here, huh? She left answering to others. She was really not sure if anything happened. Everybody looked at the Captain from time to time for some reason, but she haven't noticed anything else interesting. Well, maybe she was looking too much around instead of talking, but her senses haven't allowed her not to.
Lucy
No need to teach an eagle to fly

Words: 48734
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

A Time To Heal. (Open)

Postby Syllke Skyglow on October 3rd, 2011, 10:42 am

Syllke had seen Vanos approaching so he stood up, beckoning to him. But it was obvious the Isur had seen him and was already making his way over to the little group. With a huge smile as always, Syllke welcomed his friend. “Vanos! Don’t worry – things are only really getting started. You just missed all the boring speeches.” He patted Vanos on his rock hard shoulder. “Oh, and Captain Astrid is going to have a baby – so more reason to celebrate! So save a dance for me. But I don’t care to be set aflame.” He snickered.

Introductions to those who were scattered about were made, and Syllke cast a look at Seodai, who was looking a bit unhappy. Syllke took a moment while the others were making slightly stilted conversation to lean over and say quietly to the young farmer, “You O.K.? Let’s go get some food.”

child of the path of lights

Syllke Skyglow
free spirit

Words: 301182
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2011, 7:45 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

A Time To Heal. (Open)

Postby Seodai on October 3rd, 2011, 2:50 pm

The chance at escape was taken so quickly that Seodai all but scrabbled away. He didn't speak to Vanos, though he knew him, but not because he was trying to be rude. At the moment Vanos was just another face in a sea of discomfort and Seoday was well beyond his people threshold. He wasn't even entirely sure Syllke was on his heels, not until he'd put some distance between himself and the little cluster of people the Vantha had managed to attract. Then he turned around and breathed in a deep, cool breath. As if the presence of too many people had somehow tainted the chill fall air.

"You... have to many friends," he said, though there was no malice in his voice. Half a jest lingered in there somewhere, though Seo's smile was obviously a tiny bit stressed. He reached down to pluck up a cube of cheese from the table, but he made no effort to make a real plate. Though they were both rather slender, Syllke could still eat circles around Seodai, who most often preferred things that came directly from the earth. Meats, cheeses, and other such things weren't as satisfying to the child of Bala as the fruit and vegetables of his labor.

Even as they stood at the head of a table filled with food, Seodai cast an uneasy glance back towards the group - most of which were staring after them, watching Syllke. How the hell did he cope with that constant attention? Seo wasn't sure, but as Syllke began to dive into the food with more gusto than he did, Seo took a moment to survey the festival in general. Theo looked older, more worn than Seodai had ever remembered (not that the lines of stress could ever diminish his uncle's popularity with the ladies, and gents too, for that matter), and there was the general hint of something beneath all the smiles. Wariness? Weariness? Seodai wasn't certain. He felt his own share of the stress, to be sure, but he had Syllke constantly pulling at him, dragging him out of the depths of worry and such.

In his cursory perusal of the crowd, Seodai at last caught the gaze of his cousin. They were hardly the best of friends, but Talen represented a familiar and comfortable piece of history for the young man who had precious few warm memories of his earliest childhood. And, best of all, Talen was all along.

"Syllke," he demurred quietly, fingers falling to the skin just above Syllke's elbow. When had Seodai become so accustomed to touch? It had been a concept as foreign to him as that strange language Vanos sometimes spoke before Syllke had thrust himself into his life. "I'm going to speak to a cousin."

The statement was an invitation - Syllke was rarely excluded from anything Seodai did. It was, also, an unstated plea of understanding. Seodai couldn't go back over there, not and survive it. So, Syllke could follow if he liked. If he needed to go play the socialite, Seodai's pretty blue eyes said that he'd understand - his glance flickering to the strange composite group across the way. And then Seo gave his Vantha a little smile, and turned to hold true to his word. If Syllke chose to follow after him, he'd be welcomed into the conversation with all the warmth Seodai typically afforded him. If not? Seo would manage, as isolation and singularity was always easier than it's opposite.

"Talen," he said by way of greeting, when he approached at last. "You look appropriately miserable for a festival such as this."
Seodai
The Green Thumb

Words: 176148
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 4:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Time To Heal. (Open)

Postby Syllke Skyglow on October 3rd, 2011, 3:41 pm

Syllke followed Seodai to the tables laden with food primarily to make sure that he was OK. But he was also more than ready to eat. So he combined TLC with pleasure and as Seo plucked half-heartedly at the food, the Vantha took up a wooden trencher and began piling it high with meat, bread and fruit. Cheese and vegetables he would pass on, if he could have the others. “You can’t ever have too many friends,” he replied, smirking. But he understood the source of Seo’s uneasiness and he knew his friend would understand he was teasing him. “I’m going to start calling you mushroom.” He took a bite of a plum as Seodai’s gaze found his cousin and he voiced his intent to go say hello.

“Alright, you go on. I’m heading back to the others. I’ll look for you in a bit.” It was no dismissal. Syllke would have had no problem going with Seo – the prospect of meeting yet another new face was one he would have jumped on normally. But he wanted to spend some time with his other mates and especially wanted to hear from Lucy, as Galio had been waiting so long and so expectantly for her arrival. So, he was content to let Seo toddle off, as he himself made his way back to sit between Murphy and Vanos, both of whom looked at his plate hungrily.

“Go on – help yourselves! Free food – can’t beat that.” He grinned, already finished with the plum and reaching for a hunk of fresh bread.

child of the path of lights

Syllke Skyglow
free spirit

Words: 301182
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2011, 7:45 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

A Time To Heal. (Open)

Postby Sitkanis on October 3rd, 2011, 3:49 pm

Sitkanis watched as Astrid addressed the people of Denval. He smiled lightly at the lingering feeling of her fingers squeezing his own. He had expected the words that Astrid was calling to the Denvali people. He had agreed to make her a mother. Still, the words sent a shock through him. All of this time he spent chasing after the children he had known in his past life he could finally make up for them. He knew he had left some one back in Endrykas. Multiple someones actually. He had a second chance here with the child Astrid was carrying.

It felt odd to Sitkanis to feel so much pride but it felt as though it was going to burst out of him. He did not have anyone who he could really call his family except Lysander and even with him it was not by blood. This was blood, his blood. His hand moved to her stomach, smiling lightly at the slight bulge. His thoughts felt like they were rushing, but in a good way. He was going to be a father again. "Thank you Astrid." He smiled brightly before kissing her on the cheek. "I promise I'll be a good father. I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive myself for not seeing my children grow up and for not being there for them but I will be for this child." If there was one thing that both of Sitkanis' lives had in common it was that in both he had cared deeply about his children, or the thought of future ones. At least the two coincided in some way.

Sitkanis took Astrid's hand in his own and pulled her in close, paying proper mind to the life in the middle of the two. "I have to warn you, I don't know how to dance. I just wanted to see you." He chuckled as he attempted to lead the woman in some form of dancing. "I apologize ahead of time."

The Ethaefal looked at Astrid with a pride. "How do you feel?" He knew enough to know that pregnancy was not exactly the most comfortable thing for a woman. He bit his lip nervously as he thought. "I could speed it up for you, you know. The pregnancy I mean." He was not sure if Astrid would want him using his touch to speed up the growth of their child though. "Only if you feel comfortable. I've never used the power before but Lysander has used his own and he claims it is safe." He shook his head as he thought. "Nevermind… it was a bad idea. I don't want to endanger our baby."
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Time To Heal. (Open)

Postby Legion on October 3rd, 2011, 10:54 pm

OOCThis is a quickie. I will reply again and at greater length this coming weekend to allow a handful of stragglers opportunity to join as after that point the thread will be closed to more PCs. I like what I’m seeing thus far in both attendance as well as inclusive writing. Keep up the good work, Denval!

"Interested?" Master Jarret smirked at the Symenestra. A merry twinkle was evident in the old curmudgeon's dark eyes, betraying the fact that he was teasing Veldrys. "Or would --" A aged but rock steady hand floated over the array of bottles and vials to pluck a fat bellied, green glass container out from the horde. Turning the label toward Veldrys -- Blood Key -- he continued on a thoughtful, penetrating note. "This be more to your fancy?"

Yet then the Captain was being brilliant and shining in the midst of the feast, Cian Noc flopping a surprisingly adept bow as he handed Astrid over to Sitkanis with a quiet smile before stepping back to give the parents-to-be the grass and twilight floor. General excitement fluttered in a current through the sprawling crowd. Denval had its heir! At last!

Sitkanis was shortly the recipient of a narrow, dangerous look from the mysterious healer, this coming right on the heels of the ethaefal's stumbling, adorable but ultimately somewhat insane offer to his baby's mama. That pale, opal marked face could frown with iron disapproval when Cian wanted to. It gone in a blink as the priest turned, swallowed up by the crowd, his goal to have an at least brief word with all by dawn's light.

The dancing picked up pace like a whirlwind, lighting dusk with comet tails of laughter and clapping hands. The howling wolf received a long, long stare from a pair of sober eyed guards before they went on their way. An observant eye, as all citizens being trained in militia ought have, would notice how those on guard duty were maintaining a perimeter as well as shifting quietly through the celebratory masses. They snaked through the firelit wall of torches convict slaves were igniting against the black of the encroaching night.

There Delano Marx, Lieutenant of the Academy stood with his head bowed to Zagary's, and there Cian Noc was coming to a halt before Siwa and Justus from the Temple to press a collection of long fingers to his mouth and unfold them outward. A spiky, star shaped set of blooms were revealed in offer, replicas of that the healer had left behind on the Chapterhouse steps.
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

A Time To Heal. (Open)

Postby Lysander on October 4th, 2011, 5:09 pm

News of Denval’s heir had reached the ears of the enigmatic former slave days before the festival. He was to be an ‘uncle’, Sitkanis had said, before having to explain the significance of the word itself. The conversation had ended with a sour taste in Lysander’s mouth but his tongue was not sharp nor witted enough to object. Several times, he’d replayed the situation over in his mind, and every rehearsal left him wittier than the last. Unfortunately, Sitkanis never heard any clever retort, any contemptuous refusal of this seed planted that would eventually grow to replace him (in Lysander’s mind); he merely muttered his understanding and ended the conversation with a loose shrug.

The shaggy mop of chestnut hair dripped fingers of cool water down his sodden and laughing face as Lysander’s head emerged from a wooden barrel with a crisp apple lodged between his jaws. He was adept at the game diving into the icy water for the sweet fruit and had spent much of his time since arriving at the festival challenging other young boys that were playful enough to take him on; sometimes he’d lose, but more often than not, he was victorious in snatching the first apple. Eventually, the game became lackluster and the gaiety of a mounting crowd of adults with their crude banter and flowing degtine was more appealing than a line of children and a barrel of apples.

Lysander had dressed himself in the finest clothing he owned; though that would matter little when the last wisps of orange-pink in the sky were swallowed up by the black night and he was forced to find a place to change into well used hand-me-downs from his elder brother. His frame was slim and awkward, that of neither child nor full-grown man, and his grey-black linens were short in the arm and tight in the chest. His rounded, tanned face was so perfectly unremarkable that a server didn’t give him a second glance when he cleared his throat and asked for a cup of degtine. When his lips found the edge of the cup, he drank deep, swallowed, and twisted his face at the peculiar hot tendrils that streaked down his throat and through his chest. More, his bottomless curiosity demanded, and he finished the rest before setting off in search for another.

His search shuddered to a halt as the tide of celebration parted and a pair of sand-blonde men, both of which he recognized were deposited before him. Lysander nearly dropped the empty vessel where he stood, had a mind to dart back into the crowd, but his feet were made of stone and his lips were parted in a stupefied stare. Talen Stirling had been one of his first acquaintances in the city by the sea, and Seodai his closest. For reasons he could not place, Lysander kept a mind to avoid the farmhand when Syna ruled the sky.

But there he was; talking to a man that could very well unravel his careful game with a simple greeting.
Spring 90, 511 AV - Spring 1, 512 AV
Lysander
Grow up.

Words: 63829
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2011, 7:26 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Time To Heal. (Open)

Postby Lucy on October 4th, 2011, 5:19 pm

After a some time Lucy was having fun again. She felt a little awkward because she haven't understood all the jokes. She laughed with others when she understood and she was the loudest. In the end she decided to stop it or make others get used to it. The first one was better but harder.

After a while she decided to try food. She used to hunt in the most cases so now it was silly to her to eat something prepared, while Galio was eating like a... grizzly. The most of peoples around imitated him. Denval was always nice place, but the most peoples left it when they get rich. That's probably the reason it's going forth slowly. The food was really delicious, especially when she thought about Denval while eating. Somebody needs to start something big here, in Denval, and show others the beauty of this city.

She noticed everybody got talky again, about the food of course. She haven't saw Seodai around, so she was a bit worried, but she gave a quick look around and she saw him talking to someone. Syllke seemed happy as always when he got back from... somewhere. She thought they just saw someone. After that she decided to practice at least listening to those around her, and gave a little smile to herself which nobody noticed. She was funny, wasn't she, thinking about all those things? She psychically rejoined the conversation, looking at Murphy who imitated something or someone. She would really love to be that free.
Lucy
No need to teach an eagle to fly

Words: 48734
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

A Time To Heal. (Open)

Postby Talen Stirling on October 4th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Talen smiled as he got his cousin's attention and saw him briefly talking to and leaving the congregation around him. It would be nice to talk to someone, rather than sit here and brood.

He took a bite of his apple and looked around again, the crowd of people were noisy and boisterous. It was already difficult to find your way in the festive chaos, and perhaps he should be more attentive to his duty instead of relaxing. Then again, this was a time to celebrate and relax. If something came up, he'd be ready to act anyway. And surely, nothing would happen at such a time as this.

Seo' greeting summoned a smile on Talen's face, washing away some of the fear and anger. "Oh, you know Cuz', it's 'cause I saw you dragging yourself over here what other face to throw up eh'?" He grinned at him, and turned around to a keg of degtine that was sitting cool and tempting in the shade of the apple tree. Two pints were filled quickly, and one shoved across the table to Seo. Whether he wanted to empty it or not was really completely up to himself.

"But, perhaps you don't think that th--" His speech was cut off and he looked back at the person that had appeared behind Seo with a look of mild surprise. He probably wouldn't have noticed the boy, if he hadn't been wearing a look as if Dira herself was standing before him passing judgement. Talen grinned at his stupefied expression, and unknowingly made the ruling that Lysander had feared.

"Lysander? Come join us for a drink!"
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Time To Heal. (Open)

Postby Seodai on October 5th, 2011, 2:36 am

Talen was good company, if only because he was familiar company. Family, even if all of Denval could somehow claim that about one another at some point down the line. Seo smiled, relieved to he faced with Talen only and not the table full of strangers. He might have retorted, might have teased in return, but Talen spoke the magic word.

Lysander.

There was no other Lysander in Denval, as far as Seodai knew, and the name alone had the power to quake him. He turned too quickly to seem anything other than desperately hopeful, in the direction Talen had spoken. His timing was either fortunate or poor, depending on how one chose to look at it. Just as he turned, wide blue eyes oh so eager, the whole of the festival before him was obliterated in a flash of light. It was like lightning, or at least Seo (who related everything to earth and sky) thought, except that it lasted a full breath, perhaps two.

Having no previous experience to prepare him for this, Seodai squinted in alarm against it. His first, terrible thought was that a shaft of light had fallen from the heavens to steal up Lysander, just as it had Zahari. But, when the light blinked away and the beauty of night was fully upon them so, too, was Lysander.

His clothes fit awkwardly, true enough, but Seodai hardly noticed. Did he ever really get much further than Lysander's face, anyway? His own expression softened into something delighted, pleased, and so much more.

"Lysander," he breathed, just managing to keep himself in respectful restraint. It had been a fortnight, and his searching had been fruitless. It seemed, always, that Lysander would make himself known when it pleased him to do so. But Seodai had missed him like water, like air, and just being within arm's reach of the beautiful thing quenched a part of him that was starving.

"You came."

Poor Talen, cousin though he may be, had been entirely forgotten. To be fair, so had the whole damned festival.
Seodai
The Green Thumb

Words: 176148
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 4:23 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext