[Alvadas] Ionu's Playground

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies all things city pride related. Feel free to post pictures, ideas, gush, cry, complain, plot, or just advertise why your city is so great.

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 27th, 2011, 7:35 pm

Let's hear it for Alvadas!
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fallacy on September 27th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Wow, great job! I was going to put this up right when I got back from town, but now I dont have to :) I really like the quote. So, yeah, lets hear it for Alvadas and all of its awesome.

A fun little place to OOC chat. So, lets start this with a question to the players of Alvadas. What is your favorite aspect of Alvadas and what drew you to such a crazy and warped town? Inquiring minds would like to know.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 27th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Whenever I join an RP forum, whether it be Harry Potter, Bleach, or a completely unique concept, I always play an illusionist. It isn't always easy, many places have a very long list of requirements and restrictions because illusion is such an abusable ability. However, I'm always patient and go through every step and procedure to do so. I just love illusion. I've always been fascinated by magicians and even the illusion of 3d space on a 2d surface (paintings, drawings)

When I saw Alvadas, and read up on Ionu, I thought it would be a ton of fun. For once, I would be the one tricked, fooled, and caught up in someone else's web. I thought Alvadas would be a great place to start my journey. I actually plan for Alric to go all over Mizahar. But he will always pay homage to Ionu. (Alric also pays homage to Eyris but I'll talk about that later)
Last edited by Alric Wilmot on September 27th, 2011, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Alanys Hyacinth on September 27th, 2011, 9:54 pm

~note to self: respond to Alvadas threads before Avanthal ones~

Nice thread, Alric! And hello, Fallacy!

What I like about Alvadas, as in what drew me here, was the potential for development. The city is like a maze and the inhabitants are like lab rats trying to get from the start to the golden cheese at the end. Along the way are insane buggers who've been trapped for decades, running circles around a particularly foul square. Next to them are the newbies who've made it particularly far but who have found themselves in the House of Broken Minds (really Mirrors) and who end up as nutter as the poor old rats chasing their tails. There are murderers, theives, rascals, curious bystanders without an ounce of knowledge about what they've gotten into, and then there are the people who are there to actually get the cheese and not participate in any of the other fun stuff Alvadas has to offer.

I'm sure Tarot has beaten the maze and the method how to is in the guidebook he keeps in a gilded safe.

Anyway, I decided to place Alanys here because there is no other place like Alvadas in Mizahar that would offer her the kind of development I'm looking for. I want her perspective to expand, her narrow-mindedness to alleviate so she can see the "big picture". Alvadas certainly frustrates her, but only because she can't understand it enough to truly disclaim its' worth. Oh, she can mock it and beat it down with cruel words and allusions of her racial home, but she can't actually understand, or maybe see deeply enough into it. Before she leaves Alvadas I want her to be a follower of Ionu, but she is fond of doing the exact opposite of what I want.

This may take a while.

Cheese, here I come!
Alanys Hyacinth
The Dancer of Webs

Words: 29885
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2011, 5:26 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Fela Meason on September 28th, 2011, 2:27 am

I was drawn in by the possibility of creating sweeping descriptions and lines and lines of good writing. :) I found it a place to really show my creativity.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Quint Caravel on December 20th, 2013, 5:53 am

The biggest problem with Mizahar is that there are so many fascinating places that it is easy to fall in love with many of them. And you can only have 5 characters and really it's hard to play 2 well. Three is probably my own maximum.

But I think Tapestry has what it takes to make Alvadas magnificent. I will be keeping an eye out for some smoke and mirrors.
Quint Caravel
Currently dreaming about you!

Words: 151579
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2013, 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Darkalin Pinewood on June 15th, 2014, 9:39 pm

Hello Alvadas! Only the smartest last long here!
"This is Common"
This is thoughts.
"This is Symenos"
This is Writing
Darkalin Pinewood
Player

Words: 17152
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2014, 12:20 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Vizayas on March 10th, 2015, 12:09 am

The city where imaginations run wild, anything can happen, and ducks are your worst nightmare.
ImageImageImage
Vizayas
Squire Mage

Words: 113870
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2014, 9:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Trista on March 10th, 2015, 12:24 am

FEAR THE DUCKS.
Trista
I can see for miles and miles and miles...

Words: 101570
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2009, 1:08 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)