Location [Syliras Location] Traveler's Row

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Traveler's Row

Postby Klaus on May 6th, 2013, 7:07 pm

1st of Spring, 513AV

Klaus pushed the hood of his cloak off his head as he entered the office. A smile crossed his face as he caught the eye of the Konti woman who ran Travelers Row. He greated her from across the room and fished a small bag from his pockets.

"273 silver-rimmed miza, exactly," he stated. His tone was very matter of fact yet friendly at the same time. "My mother recently said I had to move out, but I can't buy permanent housing in the Citadel yet as I do not have a job." He shrugged his shoulders. "But I thought a nice Double Suit would suit me just fine for this season."

He smiled again as Matilda took the money and led him to a room. After a brief look around, Klaus thanked the Konti and began settling into his new home.
Hey everyone, sorry it's taking me so long to post back. My grandparents, who have been away all winter, just got back for the summer. So I will be spending as much time with them as I can. But don't worry. I haven't forgotten about you. I just may not post as often as I have been before. Thank you all for your understanding, and I will post as soon as I can.
-Klaus
Klaus
Curious Animator

Words: 29967
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2013, 11:08 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Vassarka Oleander on May 27th, 2013, 11:38 am

Timestamp: Afternoon, 81st of Spring 513

Vassarka made her way down the narrow streets of the outer parts of the city, until she reached Travelers Row, which was as usual rather busy, with commoners using it as a shortcut mingling with visitors to the city and Syliran Knights patrolling up and down. Glancing behind her, she saw Zaed hurrying along on his horse, Ally, who seemed to have more behavior problems than Flash. Stroking Flash's mane, Vassarka waited for him to catch up. Once he was with her, Vassarka dismounted from her horse. "We're going to need to get accomodation here." she said, before striding into the little office at the end of Traveler's row. At the desk there was a wizened old woman that Vassarka had seen once or twice around town, that Mamma had seemed to have known. Clearing her throat, Vassarka said "We'd like two sssingle roomsss pleasse, for tonight." They would just pay as and when they needed to, she decided, as it was unlikely they would be staying more than a week. However, it seemed pointless to pay for days that she might not be staying there for. Handing over one silver rimmed miza, Vassarka went outside to wait for Zaed, as they would need to stable their horses before looking for work.
Vassarka Oleander
Vassarka Oleander
Symenestra Traveller

Words: 14737
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Des on May 29th, 2013, 12:44 am

513 Av Day 82 Morning

Drags himself through the doors and collapses on the a closest chair with his feet up on the table. Looks over to the sigh rocks back and forth, then takes his feet off the table and sits up straight.

Pulls out the late bandit leaders' journal and starts to scan it for any clues on who might have employed the bandits. Staring and flicking the pages around, his sleep deprivation stopped him from seeing anything noteworthy. Placing his head to the table and letting out a festrated tired groan.
Des
Player

Words: 13849
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2013, 4:18 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Zaed Martel on June 27th, 2013, 11:56 am

Timestamp: Afternoon, 81st of Spring 513

Zaed drew abreast to Vassarka and handed over his own silver rimmed miza. Then, running a hand through his hair he gave a tired sigh and followed Vassarka to stable the horses. Reaching the stables, Zaed began the task of taking off Ally's saddle and bridle and gently brushed her down with clean straw from a pile near the back of the stable. Finishing, he turned to Vassarka, his travelling companion and stated, "We should probably find some work, if we're planning on staying here for long, we'll need some income," He glanced at the woman, grinning, "Do you have any particular skills? Other than intimidating people that is..."
Zaed Martel
Zaed Martel
Player

Words: 7993
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2013, 7:51 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Ever Indio on June 29th, 2013, 7:33 pm

1st Summer, 513

Ever smiled as she walked into the office of travellers row and she smiled, wondering how much it would cost for the season... And whether she could put her horse, Elsa, in stables anywhere

She noticed that no-one was there and she calmly pulled the bell pull, waiting for someone to come. She needed somewhere to stay for her duration in Syliras, however long that may be!

"Hello, what may I do for you?" a Konti woman asked and Ever smiled at her before speaking

"I would like to rent a single, simple room for a hundred days... I would buy accommodation, but I don't have enough money..." she said, staring at the woman.

"That will be 100 silver mizas, or 10 gold!" the woman said and Ever handed her the money, before receiving her key and making her way to her room
Ever Indio
Player

Words: 6354
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2013, 9:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jervis Hill on August 17th, 2013, 12:43 pm

59th Summer 513AV

Jervis entered the office for the traveller's row apartments. This was apparently where the knight prefer visitors came to stay in their fair city.
From what he'd seen on the way in it appeared to be simple row housing built into the city wall. The isur did something similar along cavern walls so he was sure he'd at least feel a little bit at home here.

He approached the tower which had a konti woman behind it. Jervis smiled before he spoke. "Hello my fine woman, I'm looking for a room til the end of the week at least and was told this was the place to come. I was wondering how much a simple room would cost until the end of the week?" Jervis said as he pulled his coin purse off of his belt. Jervis was still unsure of how long he planned on staying in this city but a week would be long enough to make decision.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Luka Malis on October 10th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Timestamp 40th Day of Fall,513 AV

Luka looked up at the building. Giving out a sigh, he walked towards the end of the apartment. Upon going into the office, he saw a lady at the desk. He sat in the chair in front of it. "Hello there! Please help yourself to a cookie," the woman offered. He looked at the plate of cookies and slowly shook his head. Just from the smell of them, he knew they were sweet.

"Um well...I've came here to get a lease for an apartment," Luka said. His nerves getting the best of him. The woman only smiled and nodded, "How long are you staying Deary." Luka thought about it," this season and winter, so 22 weeks should due." The lady nodded and said that would be 154 SM due it being 1 SM per night. Luka pulled out the money and sighed. The woman thanked him and told him his apartment number was 34. He nodded and made his way to it.

Finally getting there, he plopped his self on the bed started to doze off. Now the only thing left he needed to do was seeing about getting a job. Before he could really go asleep, a thought popped into his head. Maybe it would have been better if I stayed in my animal form and lived out doors.
Luka Malis
Player

Words: 2067
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2013, 12:26 am
Character sheet

Postby Nilika on October 23rd, 2013, 2:12 am

Nilika walked down the hall and into the room. There was a nice looking lady behind a desk. "Oh hello there," the woman smiled. Nilika nodded back to the woman's greeting. She walked in sat in front of the desk.

"Can I have a 50 day lease, if possible," Nilika asked in a low tone.

The woman almost had to lean over the desk to hear the Konti. She just smiled and nodded. "That will be 50 SM," the woman replied. Nilka thanked the woman and pulled out the money. After signing the paper, she left and went to her knew place for a while.
Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Altaira Readva on October 23rd, 2013, 10:51 am

Autumn 12, 513 AV

Altaira's gaze shifted from the bell to the small sign, before settling once more on the bell. "Ring bell for assistance, it says," she murmured, speaking to herself. She reached out a hand and gave the bell a soft tap, the ring of the bell enough to have her cringe and shudder, goose flesh rippling up her arms as her ears rung out. There was quick movement, and a Konti woman soon entered the room.

"I'm sorry," She said, smile apologetic and breath short, "How may I help you?"
"I'd like to lease a room, please."
The woman opened a book, and ran her finger down it's centre, "Length of time and room?" Her voice was kind, however cool and professional her appearance.
"100 nights, and simple. Anything with a window." 'That wasn't a wise thing to say, was it? Do most places like this only have rooms with windows? Otherwise it is a reasonable request, right?'
There was a quirk to the Konti's eyebrow.
'I guess not.'
"Is that all?"
"Yes, thank you."
"That'll be ten gold miza, please sign here, and enjoy your stay. Sing out or further your stay by the 20th day of Winter."

*EDIT: Ensuring continuity with events
Last edited by Altaira Readva on January 12th, 2014, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Words: 279063
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Milartek on October 24th, 2013, 10:47 am

1st Fall 513AV almost evening

It took a bit of finding, and a direction from a friendly passer by, but Milartek finally found the building that the knight had mentioned. It seemed pleasant enough as he walked through the doors into a small quaint office.

A quick glance around confirmed that no one was about, but his eyes soon fell on the convenient bell placed on the desk, which he gave a short sharp tap.

The chime of the bell was pleasant and was soon accompanied by the sounds of footsteps getting closer until an elderly Konti woman appeared behind the desk. She smiled and looked up at him kindly, commenting that he was tall and asking how many nights he wished to say.

Straight to the point and very business like, Milartek immediately warmed to her and informed her that he wished to stay 50 nights for now, and if he decided to stay he would look at longer.

After the 5gm had been handed over he made his way to his new simple room, the directions to it fresh in his mind. He found it easily enough and entered. It was simple, a bit plain but practical. He couldn't help but smile as he started to unload the bags he had been carrying, he had the distinct feeling he would like it here.

Milartek/Artek speaking

Others speech

Milartek's thoughts

Arteks thoughts
Milartek
Strength through regime

Words: 47454
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 11:26 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

PreviousNext