Location [Syliras Location] Traveler's Row

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Traveler's Row

Postby Marx Eisenstahl on November 5th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Autumn 20, 513 A.V.
Well, these rooms certainly weren't one of the best place he'd stayed in, but then again, thought Marx Eisenstahl as he trudged up the hill, it certainly beat the back of a wagon.
Breathing heavier than he would have liked, Marx finally reached the last of the cells. As he reached for the door, he found himself heavy and sluggish. He sighed, and pushed the door open.
'Hello, si- ma'am.' He tried to cover his mild embarrassment at mistaking the young lady for a man. 'I, I'd like to, rent a room, here, please.' He was now breathing like an ox.
The woman grinned at him.
'Of course. And how long will you be staying?'
'I was thinking that I would, stay here for as, long as possible?'
'Excellent. That means you get twenty-five percent off' Marx nodded. He didn't have much money to spare. 'That's seventy-five copper mizas for a day' Despite feeling somewhat patronised (he knew how to count), Marx thanked the woman, and after finalising the monetary agreements, he staggered into his new room for some much-needed rest.
At first, you might think Marx Eisenstahl is merely a foot-soldier.
You could not be more correct.
Marx Eisenstahl
Defiled by huggles.

Words: 15126
Joined roleplay: November 3rd, 2013, 10:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xira Hezmek on December 13th, 2013, 4:53 am

Winter 1, 513 AV

Generally speaking, visitors were the ones that tended to go to live in Traveler's row. It was a decent place, well maintained and protected, for those visitors to stay for sporadic periods of time. So it was unusual for a resident of Syliras to enter into the office seeking rent. In all honesty, Xira felt somewhat uncomfortable. It was as if he was leaving the familiar castle hallways and heavy structures for the wall. Not that he had ever heard a complaint about the 'Row.

Yet, He was free. Finally going through with what he had promised himself. Namely, that he would follow in his mentor's footsteps and become a courier. A strange profession to dream to be. Most his age sought to become knights, but not him. He would help bring civilization to the world in a different way. Or so he liked to fancy.

With all his worldly possessions on his person, he entered into the office to take the second step towards his dream.

As luck would have it, the owner was sitting behind her neatly furnished desk and immediately looked up from whatever it was she had in her lap at his entrance. Xira immediately flushed with embarrassment. The konti woman was beautiful. All konti were, and so she was as well; he couldn't even determine her age. Which is why the encompassing gaze and upturning of the corner of her lips made him feel like he had done something wrong. He stammered, "H-hi, I would like to rent a room?"

The woman's lips spread in a full smile, "Naturally. The rates are one silver Miza for a day for a single room, three for a suite with a living space. Which would you like and how long will you be staying at the traveler's row?"

Apparently it was easy to catch the young man off guard. For if he ever were off his guard, it was now. He shifted on his feet, the heavy saddlebags weighing him down. It never occurred to him to set them down. "How long will I be staying?" Xira repeated, " Oh, um... I don't know how long. I suppose as long as work keeps me here..." He trailed off under the scrutiny of the woman, who was probably merely amused by the flustered man. "Oh! I would like a single room, if you don't mind."

Matilda nodded politely, "Okay. Since you don't seem to have any plans to leave, I can give you give you a fourth off your price. For long term residents like yourself I collect on the first of every season for the previous season. Make sure you stick around to pay up or else" She winked playfully at the young man who flushed a deeper red.

"In any case, you will only need to pay..." She paused for a moment while she did some mental calculations and began tallying with her pale hands, " 6 Golden Mizas, 8 Silver, and ... 25 Copper, but only at the end of month." The konti woman suddenly got up after she was sure Xira understood and nodded. "All right. Follow me, I will take you to your room."

At some point during her transition from sitting down to standing upright Matilda had produced a key and was on her way out the front door. A bit dumbfounded, Xira got a hold of himself and hurried after the pale beauty.

"So this is yours." The woman said with a smile, "And here is your key. If you have any problems, I am only a few doors down."

With the key in hand and Matilda gliding away, Xira realized he never go her name, nor offered his. "Excuse me, what was your name?" He called after her, "My name is Xira."

She was at the door and gave a sly look before calling back, "Matilda." And she was gone.
Dear Graders: I collect location lore!
Xira Hezmek
Here's the mail it never fails.

Words: 227264
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Noah Amuel on January 21st, 2014, 1:02 am

Noah Watkins
Winter 51st, 513

Noah clutched the straps of his backpack the entire walk from the city's gates to Traveler's Row. The Row was a long, single wall of the city seemingly refurbished into apartments, shabby apartments at that. This was no time to be judgmental though! Noah knew his father would make a fuss if he knew where his son was staying. A Watkins deserved the best of the best as a fierce and proud hunter. The thought brought a smile to Noah's otherwise glum and cold face -- made so by the biting winter wind.

He entered the Row and forcibly blinked to adjust his eyes to the dimness of the office-like area compared to that of outside where the white of sun on snow was near blinding. Noah looked around, intense eyes scanning the office's dark wood complex, before approaching the counter farthest from the door. A bell was placed on the counter. He tapped it with his index finger, calling a polite hello to accompany the chime.

Noah Amuel
Zulrav's Golden Eagle

Words: 295310
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2014, 9:25 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ellen Darin on January 30th, 2014, 8:56 pm

3rd of Winter, 513

Ellen smiled as she walked into Travellers Row, the prospect of somewhere to live brightening as she approached a Konti woman at a desk.
"Ummmm, excuse me. I would like to rent a room, but I don't know when I'll be leaving..." she said softly, nervous at speaking to a stranger as she shifted rather uncomfortably.
"So the cheapest room, I assume? A silver miza a night, and you will get a discount due to your not know." the woman said. "So by the end of the season, it will be 6 gold, and 9 silver? Is that okay?" the woman asked, and Ellen grinned widely as she nodded, gratefully accepting the key to a room
Ellen Darin
Player

Words: 3897
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2014, 12:59 pm
Character sheet

Postby Serynia on February 10th, 2014, 7:14 am

71st day of Winter, 513 A.V.

Serynia walked into the office of the Traveler's Row with her backpack on her shoulders and all of her worldly belongings inside. She felt timid and alone and still traumatized from her mother's recent death. For the first time, she had to make her own decisions and the thought was almost more than she could bear.

When she saw Matilda, a fellow Konti, she felt a small sense of relief. She felt further emboldened by the pot of tea and plate of cookies as well as Matilda's warm smile of welcome.

"I'd like to rent a simple single room please," Serynia stated.

Matilda replied, "That will be 1 silver miza a day. How long do you think you'll be staying?"

"I'm not quite sure. Until the end of the season at least."

Matilda grabbed a ring of keys and led Serynia to her room. "I'll be collecting your dues at the end of the season." And with that she shut the door behind her. Serynia looked around at the small and simple room that had just a bed, a table, a chair, a hearth, and a chest. She dumped her backpack in the chest, took off her wool cloak, and threw herself onto the bed. The exhaustion finally sank in and she was able to fall asleep in minutes. Tomorrow was a new day.
Serynia
healer, wanderer, aspiring wizard

Words: 33163
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2014, 9:44 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aaron Greyfeather on March 24th, 2014, 3:25 am

1st spring 514 AV

Aaron makes his way along the long row of apartments along Traveler's Row all of his remaining belonging in a sack over his shoulder. It has been only a few weeks sence his mothers passing, but being unwilling to stay in her apartments any longer he has made his way here until he is ready to leave the city behind and make his way in the world on his own.

He makes his ways into the office and look around for the landlord and spots and kindly lady "Are you the land lord hear?"

She nods "I am, you needin' a place to stay, boy?"

"I am, ma'am. For the season." I reply as he pulls nine gold rims from his pocket. "It is just me so i just need a room to rest my head."

She passes him a key with a number 15 on it and points him in the direction of the room "Your room is down the way. Don't make any trouble and keep it clean and we will not have any trouble."

He smiles to the kind woman and nods. "I will try, Ma'am. Thank you."
Aaron Greyfeather

The woods are a dangerious place.
A place where one hunts for prey, or becomes it
Aaron Greyfeather
Adventurer Wanabe

Words: 4430
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 1:43 pm
Character sheet

Postby Rion Whitestone on April 4th, 2014, 9:54 pm

Spring 2nd, 514 A.V.

"If I'm gonna be here a while, I might as well find some place to stay." This was the thought running through Rion's mind as he made his way to the travelers row. After a night of sleeping on the side of a street, Rion knew his first priority needed to be finding a place to settle down. At least until he decided to leave again. He wasn't planning on staying for longer than a quarter of a season. Half a season if he felt like staying longer.

Walking up to the front desk, Rion requested a single elegant room, since he had enough money saved up to vacation in style.
"Wherever the wind takes us!"

Common Speech
Common Thoughts
Common Whispering
Vani Speech
Vani Whispering
Fratava Speech
Fratava Whispering
Rion Whitestone
The strangest farmer you will ever meet...

Words: 31284
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2014, 3:35 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Athaera on June 22nd, 2014, 6:15 am

1st of Summer, 514 AV

Athaera needed somewhere to stay, camping outside of the city wasn't really working out or her.. Summer was already summoning a sun up from the depths of winter. As she recalled, there was a place called Travelers Row... but where was it, exactly? She remembered it had been a bunch of apartments in the city wall. She quickly stopped a passerby. "Excuse me? Do you know where Traveler's Row is?"

"It' right there," snapped the man, gesturing to a row of apartments... in the city wall.

Well, I'm stupid, Thought Athaera as she looked up at the buildings, I've been pacing in front of it this whole time.

She walked in, and saw a woman behind a desk. She looked friendly, and Athaera asked for a room. "How much for a season? Your cheapest room." As the woman told her that the price was seven Gold Mizas, she noticed a plate of cookies and a little teapot. She took a cookie, and decided to snatch another one, just in case she didn't have another chance. The woman led her to a small apartment at the end of the row.
"Where would the nearest stables be?" Athaera asked. The woman remarked that they were complimentary, along with the public baths. This made Athaera very relieved, as she liked the thought of a warm bath.

The room was small, and not necessarily fancy. But that was probably what you would expect from such a cheap room. There was a chest to store what little belongings she did own, and a hearth for warmth, which she was also glad for. Even though it smelled slightly of feet, Athaera was still glad for somewhere warm and comfortable to stay.

Athaera stuffed the second cookie in her mouth, which seemed to have tasted better than the first. They tasted like magic, beauty, and miracles. "These cookies are amazing," she tried to say through a full mouth, but it was probably just inaudible noise, since her mouth was so full. She payed the woman and collapsed on the bed, almost drifting off.

Template of Awesomeness Created by Vinn
|~|Avatar by Myra Karaugh|~|
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
I plan to retire this PC once I finish all the threads I am participating in.
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Words: 56506
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 2:52 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Naiomi on July 25th, 2014, 5:06 am

Naiomi

1st of Summer, 514 AV

Naiomi wandered into Traveler’s Row, making her way for the office at the end of one hall. She didn’t mind crashing in other people’s homes, but she was beginning to feel like she was taking up space. All of her friends loved her dearly, but Naiomi would feel much more comfortable with a place of her own. Feeling this way, she had told them she would be out of their homes by the beginning of Summer. Simon had told her about the apartments here, and a place with cheap rent sounded fantastic to her. Tripping along like a tipsy beggar, she stumbled into the office with a smile.

The woman at the desk turned and smiled back. A Konti! Naiomi’s confidence went to shambles, and her words stumbled over each other in her mouth as they tried to come out. Finally, she breathed out the only thing she could think of to say. “Gods! You’re beautiful.”

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, Naiomi wished she could take them back. It was about the most idiotic way she could’ve greeted someone. She hoped the woman didn’t hate her for it.

The Konti woman smiled at her, putting Naiomi’s fears to rest and accepting the compliment graciously. “Thank you. Is there something I can do for you, friend?”

“I want to rent from here. I was hoping for a two room place. May I see one?”

“Of course. What price range were you looking for?”

“Cheaper, please. I don’t have a lot of money.”

The Konti woman motioned for Naiomi to follow her as she picked up a cane and walked around the desk. “I’m Matilda. What’s your name, child?”

“Naiomi.” The young Kelvic looked longingly at the tray of cookies on the table. There had been a smell haunting her as she approached the place, and now that she was in the room, Naiomi knew exactly what it was. She had to remind herself to swallow as saliva kept building up in her mouth. Just as Matilda made it to the door, Naiomi asked quickly, “May I have a cookie?”

Matilda turned back to her. “Of course. That’s what the sign says.”

Naiomi’s face turned red as she looked at the sign on the table next to the cookies. Beautiful ornate swoops and lines littered the paper in complex combinations, but they meant nothing to her. “Of course,” she replied, acting as if she knew what the sign said. In order to cover up her embarrassment, she strode over and grabbed a cookie.

The Konti woman smiled at her, a warm smile devoid of any judgment or condescension. “You can’t read, can you?”

Naiomi’s elation deflated quickly. She looked at the ground and shook her head, ashamed by her illiteracy.

“Are you a Kelvic?”

Naiomi nodded, still keeping her eyes on the ground, tracing the little patterns made by cracks in the floor.

“There are more important things in this world than reading and writing, and I am sure you do those things wonderfully. Don’t be ashamed.”

Naiomi smiled and looked up to the comforting eyes of the Konti. The woman motioned for Naiomi to follow her. Even with her limp, the woman ahead of her looked young, and Naiomi wondered how old she could be if she was calling a grown woman child. Coming to a halt in front of an apartment, Matilda pulled out a key and inserted it into the lock. She opened the door and gestured Naiomi in ahead of her.

Naiomi entered and found herself in immediate awe of the place. The ceiling wasn’t high, but Naiomi had never had a place of her own. Just the thought that this apartment could be hers made everything feel bigger, and she looked up at the ceiling like a child might when entering a cathedral. The place was massive with more room than she would ever be able to use. Naiomi loved the way furniture was placed and the way there seemed to be an overabundance of it. In reality, there was not that much of it, but her exuberance that it was soon to be hers made it feel that way.

Naiomi spun in a circle, still looking at the ceiling. “It’s huge. How much will it be?”

“That depends. How long do you intend to stay?”

Naiomi’s smile brightened as she looked back to Matilda. She could hardly contain her excitement. “Until I die.”

Matilda laughed. “Maybe not the most elegant way to phrase that, but I understand what you mean. If you intend to stay with us awhile, you can pay twenty-one golden mizas for a season.”

It seemed like a low price for such a beautiful apartment, and Naiomi hadn’t even made it back to see the bedroom yet. “Twenty-one?”

Matilda mistook the disbelief in Naiomi’s voice to be disbelief at the price being too high. “We have smaller rooms available for less, if you’d like.”

“This one will be fine. Thank you. You didn’t have to give me a discount just because I said you were pretty.”

Matilda laughed again. “It’s the same price I would charge anyone for a room this size for that length of time.”

Naiomi couldn’t believe this woman was about to give away this apartment so cheaply. “I’ll pay no less than thirty.”

Matilda looked at the Kelvic woman before her. “Truly, Naiomi. It is only twenty-one for the season.”

“Thirty is the lowest I’ll go.”

“How about twenty-two?”

“Thirty,” Naiomi insisted.

“Twenty-three?”

Naiomi wouldn’t budge. “Thirty.”

Matilda stopped trying to haggle the price of her room down with a final attempt at twenty-seven golden-rimmed mizas and accepted the fact that Naiomi would pay thirty a season. “When do you plan on moving in, child?”

“Today if I can.”

“Certainly. Do you want to pay now or when you return?”

“Now please.” The bag of mizas she was carrying with her was heavy. She hadn’t brought it all, and what was left was safely stowed back at Simon’s place. She counted out 120 golden mizas on the table of her new apartment and pushed them toward Matilda. “I’d like to pay for a full year.”

Matilda smiled at the pile. “I’m not going to be able to carry all this down to the office on my own.”

Dumping the remainder of her bag on to her chair, Naiomi scooped Matilda’s pile back into the sack. She handed the bag over to her landlord with a smile and a final question. “Can I paint and decorate how I like?”

“As long as you intend to stay for a while, I don’t see why not.” Matilda set the key on the table and took the bag. “Welcome home, Naiomi.”
Naiomi
Dogged Friend

Words: 40211
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 2:50 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Autumn Wilde on November 23rd, 2014, 8:34 pm

69th of Fall, 514 AV

The kind man, Aventis, had finally led Autumn to Traveler's Row, and dropped her off with a bow and a hope to see her around. She thanked him and turned to go inside the office-turned apartment at the end of Traveler's Row.

There was a small desk inside, with nobody behind it. Autumn looked around and noticed a pull string for a bell. She pulled on it, making it ring out softly, then stood waiting. She caught a whiff of something absolutely delicious, cinnamon, and looked over to see a plate of cookies and a pot of tea on a side table. She smiled absently and picked one up, nibbling on it precariously. It was delicious.

It was another minute before Autumn heard some shuffling from a room behind the desk and suddenly a short woman, obviously Konti, burst out of the room and strode over to the desk, placing herself in the chair behind it.

"Yes how may I help you?" The Konti woman asked Autumn, whom was still standing with her cookie in hand. Autumn walked up to the desk and repositioned the two bags and her gea'tar on her shoulders.

"Hello, I am Autumn," Autumn started with a smile and to get her thoughts together, "I would like a room, preferably one with the bedroom separate as I don't know how long I will be staying." Autumn told the old Konti woman. The woman nodded and went through a small book positioned on the desk.

"Hello Autumn, you may call me Matilda. Of course, it looks like we have a few rooms open. How long do you wish to stay?" The Konti asked. Autumn thought for a second.

"I'll be staying for the rest of this season and probably a few seasons after that. I can come back at the beginning of Winter and pay for the season then." Autumn informed Matilda. Matilda nodded then grabbed a ring of keys and stood up from her chair. She motioned for Autumn to follow her and Autumn did so. They left the office/apartment and Matilda led Autumn past several of the other apartments positioned in the wall. After passing at least thirty of the apartments Matilda stopped in front of one and looked to Autumn.

"This one here is one of the simpler double rooms and it will cost you 3 silver-rimmed mizas per day, so overall that will be 63 silver mizas for the rest of this season including today." The woman said this with a grin and a pleasing tone. Autumn smiled back and nodded her consent. She had to put down her gea'tar, leaning it against her leg, to get to her coin purse. Inside she took out 6 gold-rimmed mizas and 3 silver ones then handed those to Matilda.

"Thank you very much for the accommodations." Autumn said to Matilda, whom nodded and handed Autumn the key to her room.

"It's what I do. Just remember, for the next season it will cost you 270 silver mizas. Please have the money to me at the beginning of the season. Also, the public baths are that way." Matilda pointed back behind her and smiled again and then hobbled off back to her office.

Autumn picked up her gea'tar and unlocked the door to her new apartment. Inside the first room was a hearth and a table with a chair. Moving in more there was another room, the bedroom, which had just a single bed and a chest. Autumn let her belongings rest on the floor, and decided she would go ahead and sleep now.

She laid down on the bed, which was far more comfortable then sleeping in the back of a wagon, and fell asleep almost instantly.
Autumn Wilde
Wayward Musician

Words: 53471
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2014, 9:47 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext