Location [Syliras Location] Traveler's Row

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Traveler's Row

Postby Ever on May 25th, 2011, 2:48 am

Ever entered Travelor's Row with a new found confidence of having earned a new job. Though it was not the greatest, or most respected thing a person could do, it was a way she could make money. Money that she would use to pay for some kind of living arrangements. She hoped that Travelor's Row, one of the less expensive temporary living areas in Syliras was where she would be staying.

As she walked her body swayed a bit, a natural habit she could not help. She was adorned in her normal body complimenting outfit, and as she walked her boots made clanks against the wooden floorboards, making it hard to conceal her presence. But no matter, she walked straight to the front desk, a bit curious about who ran this place. After a moment of waiting, she saw a string connected to a bell, which she promptly pulled. As she waited for the hostess she vaguely noticed a small sign above a plate of cookies and tea.

Well, this place was...cozy. She knew she shouldn't be too quickto judge though, after all she might have to be living here for a while. She brought her attention back to the front, when the sound of footsteps became audible from the room behind the desk.
Ever
Anything To Survive

Words: 27630
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 8:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Devmond Incarnata on August 3rd, 2011, 5:21 pm

Timestamp: AV 511, Summer

Devmond leaned against the desk and drummed his fingers in time with his hum. Although he had run the bell three times, the wait was still dragging on. He sighed through his teeth. The annoyance was partly having to stretch patience thin, but also spurred by his own fears. Although the castle's belly, where he would get the apartment, was deep and dark like Kalinor, it was still not home. The lights were gold unlike the soft glow that had raised him.

There was too much trouble waiting for him in the caves. Avard, his brother, was cleverly finding ways to provoke fights. Time was needed to let the old scars fade away. A year should be enough time, or at least that was the hope. Devmond planned to spend at least two of those seasons here in Syliras. A simple, clean room would be enough. It wasn't for more than sleeping. The city, with its sprawling greatness, had to have a few things to distract him.
Pictures by nheira and Noiry on Deviantart
Devmond Incarnata
The Second Son

Words: 52051
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Harper on September 17th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Fall 13, 511 AV

Harper automatically smelled something sweet when she walked into the office, something baked. Harper hadn't smelled something that good in a long time. She had spent so much time traveling, she never had time to cook or bake anything. She didn't even know how to cook. But nonetheless, she took the smell in and enjoyed it. I should really learn to cook for myself, She thought.

"Hello, dear. May I help you?" A young Konti woman sitting at the desk asked Harper. Harper was surprised to see a Konti here in such a populated city. It really was the most accepting city, so it seemed.

"Um, yes," She replied. "I need somewhere to stay, and I was told that this is where I could find a room?" She said in her raspy voice. She was tired from her travels and had been getting weaker of late.

"Oh, well of course! Do you know what kind of room you'd like? We have--"

"The cheapest room you have, please," Harper interrupted her. She didn't mean to be rude, but she was in a hurry to get to her room, fall flat on the floor and go to sleep. She was sick of being exhausted.

"Oh, um, well of course. Okay. The cheapest room we have is pretty small, and it's not much. I do hope that's okay. It will be 1 silver Miza a day. Do you know how long you'll be staying..?"

"I'm not entirely sure," Harper replied truthfully. "I'm imagining until the end of the season, at least. Let's go with that." Harper pulled out her money, sifting through the different coins. She finally laid seven gold-rimmed mizas and one silver-rimmed miza on the desk.

"Right," replied the woman behind the desk. She then handed Harper a key, saying, "This is the key to your room. My name is Matilda, and please, don't hesitate to come to me about any problems that you might have with the room."

"Of course, thank you." And with that, Harper left and headed up in search of her new home.
"Rather die hard than die hallow."
Harper
Player

Words: 65499
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 11:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Alcore Silver on September 18th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Day 18 of Fall 511 AV --- Alcore entered the front door of Traveler's Row over the past week or so he'd been guilty of sleeping behind building and he was sick of it. Approching the counter he rang the bell... Seconds later a women made her way to the other side of the counter, her cane clicked as it hit the floor repeadly. "Hello yong man what can I do for you?" Alcore reached into his pocket pulling out ten silver mizas and placed them on the counter. "I'd like to rent a basic room for ten nights please mam." The women took Alcore's money handing him a room key in retern. The key was marked room 10 "Thank you miss" he said with a smile on his face. He terned and took his leave.
Alcore Silver
Player

Words: 4850
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 6:03 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kendric Jericrosh on October 2nd, 2011, 12:51 am

Beginning of 24th Day of Fall, 511 AV

As the sun began to rise Kendric entered Traveler's row. Looking over the place he heads to the front desk. Standing their he looks over the quant little establishment. After waiting for a little bit he reaches for the bell and pulls it. He turns to look back outside as he hears a birds chirping.

"May I help you," a voice asks from behind him.

"Yes," Kendric states as he turns around, "I was..."

Kendric's voice trails off as his eyes widen a little as he looks upon the Konti behind the desk. He closes his eyes as a face from his past appears within his mind. Opening his eyes again he regroups himself.

"Sorry," He begins, "I've been travelling for a while, got a little dizzy. I was looking for a place to stay for about two weeks. Nothing too fancy just to hold me over while I take care of some things before I continue on"

Kendric places 3 gm on the desk.

"You can keep the change," Kendric continues. "My name's Kendric by the way."

"My name is Matilda," the Konti replies, looking over the coins. "Your room is right upstairs. Take a left and it's the 3rd one on the left. If you have any other questions feel free to ask."

Kendric nods as he heads to his room. Entering he lets out a sigh as he unloads his stuff. Tossing his bag, jacket and staff onto the bed he lays on the floor looking up at the ceiling. After a little while he final sits up. Grabbing and putting his jacket on Kendric pulls his hood back on and heads out.
"I do not believe in vengence...but I do believe in Karma, and there's someone in the world who has a lot of bad karma coming their way"

Ledger: 500 GM
- 3 GM (Travelers Row)
- 2 GM (Rearing Stallion)
Kendric Jericrosh
Player

Words: 5873
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 6:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Alcore Silver on October 9th, 2011, 9:02 am

Day 28 of Fall 511 AV --- Alcore had a good time at the Row over the last 10 days however, his time was up. He grabed his things and checked out. He gave the woman behind the desk a quick wave before walking out the door.
Alcore Silver
Player

Words: 4850
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 6:03 pm
Character sheet

Postby Gunho Ma on January 30th, 2012, 2:24 pm

Winter 20, 511 AV

His first time in this bastion of civilization was a real eye-opener for Gunho. He had never been around so many people from so many different races in his life and he'd almost stepped on a thing that introduced itself as a Pycon earlier, a strange man from a race of clay people...

The experience, while exhillerating was taxing on his body that was still strained from the long journey from Kalea. He found this place after asking a number of people on the street, Traveler's Row they called it. A relatively safe place to stay, but more importantly a cheap place to be if one needed lodgings and fast.

He was in such a predicament. Night was fast approaching and he didn't want to risk getting caught out in the streets without a place to stay. Besides, his gear was heavy enough.

"I'd like to rent a simple single room indefinitely." Gunho stacked eight golden discs atop each other pressing it forward for the clerk to recieve. "I'm willing to put 8 gold mizas down in advance... is this arangement agreeable?"

He saw no trouble and as such the transaction was swift. Gunho found himseld the newest tenant of a small and simple room. It was more luxury than he'd had before. He left his things behind and headed to the bath, he needed to wash up before he slept, then he could sleep like the dead.
Last edited by Gunho Ma on January 31st, 2012, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunho Ma
Monk & Masseur

Words: 79093
Joined roleplay: December 22nd, 2011, 4:35 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Snipe on January 31st, 2012, 3:13 am

Snipe walked into the very neat office, it looked as if it had been swept 5 times this morrning. Upon the nice wall papered wall was a clock. Silence was upon the room except for the tick of the clock. Snipe had lived in this city all his life but decided to sell his home and rent for a while. He had friends that had once stayed here, excelent services they said. They also said when the desk cleark isn't around ring the bell on the side of the wall. But she sat there staring at him, he hadn't noticed her sitting there ready to listen to what he had to say. "May I have a single simple room please?" No reply. "I will pay 10 Gold Mizas in advance if you allow me to move in right now" Still no reply, He wouldn't take no for an answer. Snipe left the money on the counter and moved into his room.
A noob indeed, hated by almost everyone. Just want's to fit in!

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post140817.html
Snipe
Player

Words: 1278
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2012, 11:26 am
Character sheet

Postby Hund on June 13th, 2012, 7:15 pm

Season of Summer, Day 12, 512 AV

Light, worn out leather boots pad silently, unintentionally, up the steps to a boarding house. Luckily she had found someone who had be kind and patient enough to understand her gestures and direct her to the apartment complex. However, she had yet to find someone who understood her sign language, so she had to play a game of charades and hope for the best. Her saddlebags filled with her things held over one strong shoulder, carrying the hefty bags like they were nothing. The woman at the desk smiled, nice enough, Hund just hoped the woman had the patience for the disabled Kelvic.

She stood before the desk and instantly pointed to her ears and shook her head, a universal sign that she couldn't hear. Then he fingers moved to her eyes and pointed towards the woman's lips, hoping that the woman would understand that she could read lips. The woman smiled politely and nodded, she was describing the rates and rooms she had to offer. Nodding, Hund dug into her money pouch that lay hidden under her tunic so thieves wouldn't steal any money she had left. She pulled out one SM for a single room, placing it on the counter for the woman to take. After making sure the coin was real, she tucked it away and handed Hund a key. She gave a small nod of thanks to the clerk and left in the direction the woman pointed her to.

Using the key, she opened the door to a small room, it was sparsely furnished but clean and well taken care of. With a sigh, she dropped her saddlebags on the floor, tired from the day's journey. Flicking open one of the bags to pull out a bar of soap and her comb, straightening up with a groan for she was a bit stiff from all the riding. She wasn't used to riding a horse, her muscles stiff and a quick wash might help. She stood before the small wash basin, pouring the cool water into the basin and dipping a provided rag into the water to make it damp.

She peeled away her tunic, kicked off her worn down boots, and wiggled out of her pants to leave her in her undergarments. She exposed her farmer's tan, her torso only a few shades lighter than she rest of her body. Grabbing the rag she rubbed a bit of flowery scent soap, made from goat's milk back at the farm. Her former Master's wife made soaps all the time, she flared her nostrils to take in the scent that reminded her of a simple life she had left in the dust. She set the soap aside and began to rub the wet, soapy rag over her body to clean off the day's sweat and grime.

Closing her eyes as she simply enjoyed to cool water over her skin, the day had been hot and the water helped cool her down. Once she did a quick wash down of her body, scrubbing under her arms where she sweated the most. She dipped the rag into the basin, rinsing the soap and dirt off before using the clean, wet rag to wash the soap off her body. She tossed the rag into the water, using a provided towel to dry herself off. Clean now, she climbed onto the bed though didn't crawl under the covers, instead she tosses one lean muscular arm over her eyes and fell asleep.

-----------------------------

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Stabling -5 SM 99 GM & 5 SM
Apartments -1 SM 99 DM &4 SM
Hund
Freed Slave.

Words: 10619
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2012, 7:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Thom Stornwell on August 13th, 2012, 12:38 pm

40th Day of Summer, 512 AV

Thom had been walking for days before arriving at The Travellers Row, a simple yet cosy looking block of apartments set within the walls of the city itself. After searching for a while, and asking directions two or three times, he finally found it, walking in through the doors and following the directions to the office.

Upon reaching the office he looked around a moment, taking in the desk and seats, and realized there was noone there at present. He looked again at the seats and headed towards them with a view to catching a quick nap while he could. Thom stopped when he saw a small sign above a plate of cookies and a pitcher of milk, and smiled to himself. It reminded him a little of when his mother would bring him cookies and milk before sleep when he was a small child. Pouring himself a mug of milk, and taking one or two - or five - of the cookies, he made his way over to the seating area.

After a short time, having finished the delicious cookies, and looking longingly at the plate which he had now left empty, he set the mug on the floor and sat back. Letting his head drop on to his chest, he soon fell asleep, waiting for a member of staff to come and wake him and sort out his accomodation.

Some time later, Thom was awoken by a small, pleasant faced woman standing over him, peering down with a gentle smile. Thom was unsure how long he had been asleep for, although he didn't think it was too long.

Chuckling softly, the woman spoke in a gentle tone, "couldn't even wait until you got into bed I see! How may I help you?" Thom put on his best grin, standing up and addressing the woman. [b]"Well I hope to stay in the city for a while, I'm not sure how long I will be here, but I would like accomodation to the end of the season at least. The cheapest room you have, mind."

The woman smiled again and motioned for him to follow her over to the desk, where she quickly took out a small book which she began sifting through, eventually raising her head to speak to Thom again. "The cheapest room we have available is 1 silver miza per night. It's fairly simple but I suppose it should serve your purpose well enough." Taking his coinpurse out, Thom gave a nod of approval, and the woman began working out the cost until the end of Summer, coming back with the figure of 5 gold mizas and 1 silver miza, which he paid.

Soon he was being led along a narrow corridor with doors to either side before the woman stopped in front of one of the doors about halfway down. [b]"This will be your room young master, enjoy your stay and if you need anything let me know and I will be more than happy to be of assistance." Thanking her and exchanging a smile with the woman, he entered his room and closed the door. Without bothering to undress or even take off his boots, he let his backpack drop to the floor behind the door and proceeded to lie face down on the bed. He was asleep before he hit the pillow.
Thom Stornwell
Player

Words: 5903
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2012, 11:05 pm
Character sheet

PreviousNext