Preventing the Shattered Spirit[Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Re: Preventing the Shattered Spirit[Open]

Postby Kavala on March 19th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Kavala froze when the menace grabbed at her wrist. His hand was like a manacle around her slender bones and she knew her wrist had to feel birdlike and fragile beneath his grasp. She yanked herself backwards only to be snagged neatly by his other hand that fisted itself in her sleeveless tunic, distorting the material. Her breath caught in fear as she met his eyes, noting the red-like haze across them. Her wrist stung, then burned, then felt like it was going to be crushed. Their locked gazes held for a moment as she dragged in a breath and her body warmed to the pain that her mind was slowly transmuting into pleasure. Her white skin flushed pink, ashamed, because she knew the damage that was wrought inside her. It should never feel good to be so roughly treated. It should never make her heart race from something other than fear. But she had no control over it, not until she gained enough knowledge to undo the damage the slavers had so neatly put into place. They'd christened her in violence and taught her body that pain was actually pleasure so that she could survive them. And they could be amused as she sometimes whimpered and begged for more.

She was well past the begging stage though. But the strengths of the mind were often betrayed by the weaknesses of the body. If Radris was any kind of perceptive he'd see it immediately - what his roughness did to the konti. But it was his words that tipped her over the edge. Temper flared, even more so now, and she all but spit words at him, like a cobra launching venom. "I've been down on my knees more than once in front of a man while hes held my head. I know what you men think women should do with our mouths. I've had it demonstrated over and over again." There was hatred there, but truthfully it wasn't directed at him. It was directed at herself. Only herself. And a combination of relief and disappointment when his grip removed itself. She gathered breath, slowly, and straightened the front of her shirt with the wrist he had been holding - a wrist that was already darkening with a bruise in the shape of his hand.

Kavala hadn't remembered Hatot being so big, so powerful, until Radris took over. It was so different, talking to either of them, like facing two different men. Even their facial features looked different and the feeling or sense of who they were their bodies gave off also transformed. The konti felt confused, disjointed, as if the scene and the events weren't truthfully real. The didn't seem so, suddenly, as if she were reading about someone else's life or just hallucinating. But the roughness left her breathless, with pleasuring coursing up her arm... and it disarmed her. She wanted it to end because it humiliated her, even if Radris didn't understand.

And she wondered, suddenly, if Hatot witnessed what his dark twin did while he was pushed aside. Radris claimed Hatot would be ashamed, hide himself away, but Kavala didn't think so.

"No. He won't hide himself away." She said suddenly, defensive of the other Akalak despite what his dark twin was doing or saying. "He will move on, get past it, and keep going because that's all he can really do." She said softly, not even trying to move away. His words indicated she was safe with Radris, safe because she was Hatot's student and he was somehow protective of them. And there was a fierceness in her now, a passion that was barely contained within the small woman's body, that Hatot had not yet witnessed in the girl.

She knew Radris was capable of killing. Any fool could see that. And like Navis, odds were Radris would not take Hatot's feelings into account near as often as he should. She wondered how close the two skinbrothers were. How much they really knew about each other. She followed him, stooping to pick up the white cloak and carefully fold it over her arm as she hurried. "No need to justify yourself? Then why are you? That sounds like a justification to me, Radris. By the way, I have a name, its Kavala, not little flower or little konti woman. I expect you to use it if your going to talk to me at all." She said, stretching her legs to keep up with the Akalak's long stride.

"How much of this will Hatot know about? Do you each see what the other does?"
She asked, concerned now about how her instructor would feel when he came back to himself and Radris retreated. Would he know about the murder? About Radris's conversation? She had no idea when that would be, but she was going to take advantage of Radris being here to ask him some questions if the man himself is willing to talk.

"Will you slow down? You misjudge me if you think I'm willing to turn the other cheek. I'm not. I just don't like violence.... it causes people to get hurt. And that makes me feel obligated to heal them. Its a vastly different thing to pacifism. "
Kavala said, almost at a jog now beside the Akalak. "Your hurt too.... I can look at them... especially the bruises and scratches on your hands." she said, almost irritated.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hatot on March 19th, 2010, 7:57 pm

Radris suddenly paused in his step as his gaze shot down to Kavala. "What are you writing lore or something?" Radris suddenly barked, "Faklah you ask a lot of questions."

Radris suddenly resumed his pace as they entered the city, casting glares towards anyone who looked at him for periods of time which he felt to long, which was usually only about two seconds at the least. "Hatot and I see everything, we hear everything except when we sleep, then all we see unfortunately, is each other," Radris finally said groaning as she became persistent. "Now shut your trap woman."

He then paused when she offered to heal him, narrowing his eyes. "Don't even think about it," he suddenly hissed. "Pain allows me to stay out longer, and while I won't be any glutton for more, I certainly won't abolish what's already there to be driven back inside. You said you dislike being driven to heal when you see an injury among those you despise? Well compound that feeling for periods of months, and you'll know how I feel. Being stuck on the inside, staring out, waiting for the weakling to get hurt just so I can do something other than. Just. Watch!"

Radris finally made his way into the second tier of the city, before eventually the scent of baked goods caught Kavala's when Radris finally pushed the doors to Bastani's Bakery open, slipping inside as he made his way to a vacant table in the corner, siting himself down.

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Words: 301214
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 8:12 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on March 19th, 2010, 8:28 pm

The Konti almost smiled. Her eyes lit up slightly as she enjoyed his frustration though she said nothing, not wanting to truthfully bait him further. She'd already pushed as much as she was willing for the moment. But somehow, all his aggression, his posturing, made her feel more relaxed, more comfortable. And as she matched steps with him, telling herself he needed someone to keep an eye on him, she wasn't quite certain why she did so. A reasonable person would have fled the scene along with the other students. And while it was true his pain was driving her compulsion a bit, she could have walked away. Rak'keli was only insistent in certain situations - namely those that were vital - and was a bit easier on her healers when the pain was required, and here it obviously was.

"I don't mean to ask so many questions. I just... find your people fascinating. And I have a vested interest, since I'm staying, to understand your lives a little more than I do now. At least, as much as someone who's an outsider can. You are both blessed and cursed. And I am starting to empathize somewhat with those brothers that are not so prominent."
She said softly, almost too low for him to hear.

He had a point. Both about his injuries and about her spite. Interesting. Both Radris and Navis, dark brothers, seemed for all their violence to hold deep insight as well. She wondered if it was because they spent so much time thinking rather than acting, being forced observers of their lighter brother's actions. Her eyes widened, however, and her head came up jolted out of her inner musings as Radris admitted how closely tied he was to Hatot's life. Their life. "So, he doesn't voluntarily give you equal time? That would be like being imprisoned yet having committed no crime. No wonder you are so angry. I would be furious as well." She asked, startled by that fact.

Sorian hadn't given Navis time either, though Kavala had forced the issue several times and each time the dark side had come forth, she'd seen a noted change in him... a calming. Oh he was still violent, still prone to be debase, but his hatred and resentment of Sorian had waned. But still neither brother had mentioned that they witnessed what the other did. Interesting. She felt like she'd pushed a bit too much today though, asked too many questions.

Still, she trailed the dark brother, like a stray pup following a likely master home. She followed him into the city, her voice quiet, her thoughts busy. They descended to the second tier and she wondered suddenly worried, where he was headed. Did he have some dark lair? Some destination completely unwelcome to a Konti? A seedy tavern perhaps, where he could find another brawl waiting to happen and stay forward in the body for longer? She'd started thinking about the personalities like that... the forward one, the recessed one... no not ones... people. Radris was normally recessed. Hatot forward, so this was somewhat unusual. Kavala should have dropped off, left him, went back to the school or back to Sanctuary. But her curiosity drove her forward.

Slipping into Bastani's, she joined him at his corner table uninvited, sitting beside him rather than block his view of the door which was usually why the big warriors placed themselves in the corner. The white cloak rested over the spare chair. When the waitress came over, she glanced at him, then smiled at the waitress. "How about something incredibly sweet for us? He's currently one sour son of a bitch. And something to drink?" She said with a grin, not caring what the waitress brought; cinnamon rolls, sweet bread, anything. It was like poking a grassland tiger caught up in a cage with a stick. She couldn't help it. It was almost... fun.

Fun. She couldn't remember the last time she'd had any.
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on March 19th, 2010, 9:29 pm

Radris rolled his eyes slightly, unbuckling the straps to his gauntlets as he slipped them off. "Don't give me your pity wench," Radris spat in reference to him being imprisoned while Hatot was in control. "I'd do the same thing if the roles were reversed."

The gauntlets clanked along the surface of the table as he set them down, the teeth along the back carving into the surface slightly. He grumbled slightly over the "sour" comment she made as his chin rested into an open palm as he looked over at her. "You must have a fascination that runs deep as sick if you're now about to have a meal with someone you were just berating not more than a quarter of a bells time ago," Radris commented as snagged a piece of bread from the center tray at their table, taking a large bite out of it.

He chewed slowly, loudly and with his mouth open as he poked Kavala's arm repeatedly with the other end of his bread if for no other reason than to see if it would get a rise out of her. "Tell your sister if she wants to have a go, to see me and not the whelp," Radris commented, sending sputters of bread along the table as he talked with his mouth full. "She'll find I won't hold back either as he would."

As sweet rolls were laid out along the table before them, Radris tossed the plain bread aside to the floor, grabbing one of the rolls. He began taking large bites out of that, displaying even bad men had sweet tooths. He then looked to Kavala. "You're picking up the tab," Radris said plainly, "payment for lessons."

He then looked to the other patrons within, as Akalak and other races visiting alike stared at Radris and display of bad table manners. "What are you all staring at?" he grunted spewing some of the sweet roll from his mouth now. "You all can kiss my rebel dick."

As time passed slowly, Radris' personality became less and less rage, and more insulting, like one who had a massive chip on their shoulder they could not brush off. He was rude, violent, did not care for what anyone said or thought. He felt no shame over how he acted and often insulted any of the patrons or staff of the bakery who would bring up their displeasure over it. He was the complete opposite of what Hatot was and he showed no discomfort in such, and in fact, reveled in it.

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on March 21st, 2010, 1:17 am

”My name is Kavala.” She reminded him calmly as he called her wench, though she noted he only infused a little bit of venom into what he was saying. When he dropped his gauntlets, she only flinched a little. It was an interruptive noise, one designed to capture the attention of the patrons, or so she suspected. Radris, she could tell, wasn’t going to be an easy person to break bread with. It was obvious, from the start that where Hatot was refined and composed, Radris was wild and in some ways bestial. Yet, here they were – breaking bread. It was a start, though not a very promising one, to tip the balance and let her see if he was going to calm down or not. She was leaning towards the ‘not’ side, but one never knew and only those far more divine than her could truly understand the depths of how ignorant she was about people - especially the Akalak.

Kavala ignored the glib about her fascination running sick and deep, for it was partially true though she’d never admit it to a soul. Akela knew, but her sister would be the last person to spill the truth. And for some reason, Kavala truthfully didn’t want to Hatot to know about any of the darkness within her. They were memories best left buried and things long holding more worth buried than exposed. “I’m not actually eating. I don’t think I can eat watching you act like an animal at a very civilized table.” She said, leaning over to pick up the piece of bread he threw onto the floor, giving the poor waitress an apologetic glance. ”You might slow down. No one is going to take it away from you.” She added, scowling.

At his prodding, she reached out and caught his hand. “How? How do I tell her to see someone Hatot never lets out if he can help it? You said yourself he doesn’t voluntarily let go of his control.” She added before she released his finger again. It was still smeared with a bit of blood from the drunk he’d killed, and now too was her arm. Kavala frowned, the healer in her knowing instinctively this was not a good thing. Blood spread poisons it could contain. And though no one was sure why, she knew being clean was important.

Radris continued to deteriorate. Kavala let him eat a bit before she came to the conclusion something had to be done about it. She was fine with all his accusations of others staring, and his paranoia for it was probably justified since she wasn’t sure that guards wouldn’t show up anytime soon. But when he started talking about his reproductive organs and inviting people to kiss them, she’d had enough.

Reaching out, she snagged his bloody knuckles and gripped his hand tight over a particularly nasty patch of broken skin. Gripping the bloody knuckles hard, she got his attention and then reached out to capture his chin with her other hand. It had a nice neat split on it as well. “If you don’t shut up and start behaving yourself, I’ll heal every last bruise, cut, scrape, and otherwise on your body immediately – I can already feel the need to do so growing – until you can’t stay forward anymore.” Forward yes, that made sense. “Unless you sit down, finish eating, and calm the heck down. You are embarrassing me and everyone in this room. Just because you’re a horses’s ass doesn’t mean you need to act like one all the time.” She all but fumed at him, her white cheeks and the tips of her slightly curved ears turning bright red. He could tell she was angry. Kavala had no idea if he would settle down and take her threat seriously or if it was just an empty promise. He might even hurt her, but she simply didn’t care.

However, if he did calm down, she had a suggestion that she’d make. “Now… if you want to stay forward and keep hurting, I have a battle you can fight. I thought to get some crabs to take home to Sanctuary tonight for cooking. They are feisty things here off Riverfalls shore and will give you one heck of a fight. And the salt water will sting like crazy and drive you half mad with those cuts. Now, if your quite done being a pig, we should go now while the tide is still out. You might even halfway enjoy yourself.” She said, releasing her grip on his hand and chin.

If he resorted to violence and reacted in any sort of dangerous way, Kavala was going to follow through with her threat and heal as much of his surface scratches and contusions she could before he took her down.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on March 21st, 2010, 5:54 am

Radris suddenly leered at Kavala as she began to repeatedly lectured him on his table manners. He soon sat back, setting the sweet roll down along the plate as a subtle silence fell over him. There was a one hundred yard stare in his eyes as he continued to look into Kavala's eyes. It was almost as if he were studying and contemplating something, and then considering ramifications.

Eventually, Radris dipped his fingers into his belt pouch, pulling out a single miza as he slipped it along the tables surface for the food and wait staff. "I'll give you this much....... Kavala," Radris said as he reached out grabbing his gauntlets and slipping them on, "you've got a fire in you that roars like an inferno, but you really know how to ruin a man's appetite."

Radris slowly stood up and began heading for the door as he began tightening the straps along his gauntlets. Chuckling lightly along the way. "Crabs, hah!" Radris bellowed out as he looked back at Kavala. "Didn't I tell you that I wasn't a glutton for more pain? You'll have to come up with something better than offering me stings of saltwater and beating on big dumb crustaceans."

He then let out a loud repeated laugh as he pushed the door to the bakery open, stepping outside. Through the window, Kavala could see Radris still laughing as he looked to another Akalak passing by him. He thrust a thumb back towards the shop while saying with a raised voice, "Crabs, she wants me to be a fisherman," before laughing more.

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on March 21st, 2010, 6:21 am

She had no idea what was so funny. Wide-eyed and startled, she watched him retreat with an air of mirth about him. The door remained intact, and no one got abused or berated on his way out though for a moment she had a twinge of concern when he leaned over to talk to another Akalak. Konti, thankfully, were not blessed with great hearing, so all she knew was a joke was uttered at her expense.

Well.

Just... well...

Kavala leaned back in her chair, stretching, and looked to the ceiling. Radris was exhausting. The whole afternoon had something of a storybook quality to it. She'd never been first hand witness to such violence and she supposed in the back of her mind she was still reeling from it. Slowly, somewhere in the process of her stretch, she began to tremble slightly. Once it started, the tremors didn't want to end. It happened sometimes, just like that, after a crazy scary situation unfolded then resolved. She knew it was a product of the abuse, one that was slowly dispelling and getting less and less debilitating as more and more time went on. But it still caused her grief. Healers were supposed to be strong.

She questioned her ability to be strong.

People often thought that healing was a gentle profession. Medicine was soft and easy and uncomplicated filled with people that spoke low, held high intelligence, and kept calm at all times. It wasn't true. Healers were vicious bloody warriors who's battleground was a patients body. They brought terrible horrible weapons onto that field of battle - poisons, drugs, razor sharp knives that they used to cut people open. But she wasn't strong. Not like she pretended. The Konti dragged in a breath, held it, then dragged in a second one.

Reaching out, she grabbed Hatot's white cloak and fled the bakery adding her own gold miza to the table along with Radris' own. Her bag was no burden, and neither was the pack she always carried with her medicines and ... weapons. And her feet found their own rhythm as she pushed herself in a downward spiral through the tiers until she hit the port level, jogged easily out onto it, and down the length to its end where the whole collection ended in beach. She kept running until her muscles had warmed enough to stop the tremors and then she paused to dump her gear in a pile on Hatot's bloody cloak.

Pulling a strong mesh netbag from her pack, she stripped off her boots, her pants and everything save for the long sleeveless tunic she wore. It fell almost to her knees and provided enough modesty as it was... not that there would be anyone there. She was still responsible for dinner for the folks at Sanctuary, and when faced with no ability to stop and buy something in town, she still had to catch crabs. Besides, Laviku's arms were a comfort to one like her, so she dove into the clear crisp waves, let the cool water wash the rest of the drunks blood from her hands, arms, and torso ... as she began to hunt for crabs in the shallow water where they liked to hang out. It was calming, cooling, therapeutic. Here, no one would threaten her, try to intimidate her, or tell her what to do. She didn't feel even remotely responsible. She just let the oceans arms enfold her and buoy her up when the rest of her needed it.

Tomorrow, she'd decide whether to go back to class. Today she was going to catch a few fat feisty crabs to throw in the pot and feed everyone back at teh facility.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on March 21st, 2010, 7:27 am

About a bell had passed before Radris finally settled back into the depths of Hatot's soul, leaving Hatot to feel the sting of guilt that remained. He had found himself back outside the city, knelt down before the body of the man that Radris had killed as other Akalaks washed the body of blood and dirt, preparing it for burial. He offered subtle prayers for forgiveness. It wasn't so much forgiveness for having killed the man, but rather forgiveness for his inability to control Radris from clawing his way to the surface once again.

The Akalak's didn't look to the dead body with any sympathy, and they barely cast a glance to Hatot himself. Hatot soon fell into a seated position as as his brow fell into an opened hand, releasing a sigh as he reflected over the way Radris had treated Kavala after. His physicality when he grabbed her, his harsh words and taunts, they both chipped away at Hatot's being as much as the death of the human Radris had killed. Another incident Hatot was unable to control. He began to wonder if he would ever find the elusive balance that all Akalak's strive to attain.

"Radris, you fool," Hatot slowly whispered as he looked up towards the waning light in the sky. "I have to apologize."

Hatot slowly rose to his feet as he began making he way back towards the city, as he walked with a light limp as the dull pain of the wound he had received traveled up half of his leg. He paused within the first tier, suddenly aware that he wasn't even sure where her home was, only that she worked at the stables. He then recalled that she invited Radris to go crab fishing, and decided he would try the beaches near the dock first. Slowly, he made his way through the tiers, slowly raising his hand to shield his face as he passed by judgmental glances from other Akalaks as he passed them by. Most of them thought that he would some day sport the tattoo along his face that all who failed to suppress their darker half received. He questioned whether or not he would prove them wrong.

His boots eventually found the spreading surface of the beaches sand as he traveled along the shore, his gaze searching for where Kavala would be fishing the crabs of the ocean. He didn't see her anywhere as the sun's lower curve began caressing the horizon to the west. Eventually, he stumbled upon the small pile Kavala had left behind, his cloak being one of them. Reaching out to it, his hand paused, inches from the fabric. He wanted to slip the cloak on as it often shielded him from the sometimes disapproving gazes of those within the city. However, Kavala had picked it up, and carried it with her the whole while. He felt the urge that she should be the one to give it back to him, if for no other reason than as a symbol that he had earned it back from her.

Hatot took another slow look around for Kavala's presence. When he did not see her strait away, he soon fell into a knelt position along the sands, as his hands came to rest along his knees. His head lowered, his eyes gazing to the grands of sand that surrounded his body before his eyes slowly closed and he began to focus on nothing but the crushing sounds of the waves from the ocean in front of him.

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on March 21st, 2010, 8:36 am

She couldn't have said how long she swam among the sealife. Needing no breath, her oceanic retreat offered a comfort she had long been deprived of living on the grasses. Here she could move, breath, feel the wonder and power held within her father's arms. The sea was a siren song the Konti never fully understood before coming to Riverfall. And it was to her like a homecoming, a reawakening, and a shelter she could flee too even when she had no excuse.

The blood was gone. The insecurity was gone. So too was the guilt. Her mesh bag was filled with things for cooking, philtering, making medicines, and poison. And there were half a dozen fat crabs stuffed in on top that would more than feed the group at Sanctuary. The crabs, for all it had been an excuse to come swim, had been taken last because the Konti lingered, thrilling in the essence of the icy winter water, affected none whatsoever by its harsh chill. It was then, only when she was feeling better, that she climbed slowly from the waves, letting them carry her back up to the sand.

She was surprised to see the Akalak there. She did not name him yet for she didn't know which he was. Had it been Hatot, she'd have assumed that he would have taken back his cloak and shrouded himself in it. Had it been Radris, she'd have assumed that all her stuff would have been ransacked and at least something on the beach destroyed. Slow deliberate steps brought her up to the beach where the figure sat. Had his eyes been opened, Hatot would have clearly seen the punishment the girl had been putting her body through with the season past. She was hard. There was no softness left to her. Long days and well into the nights of working until she either couldn't see due to the light or couldn't move due to fatigue showed. There were scars too. Her long legs were etched with them. They weren't disfiguring nor telltale of trauma. Instead, they were grouped in razor thin motifs scattered periodically across as if someone etched her skin with shards of glass for fun.

Soaked and sporting an overfull mesh bag filled with odds and ends from the culinary world, Kavala settled hers on the pile of her other things and turned carefully to sit down facing Hatot'. Her knees brushed his, and to the casual observer, they'd look like two children settling down to start playing a game. She didn't speak for the longest time. Kavala let the wind and the sea and the sand talk first. Finally, though, she did speak. Her voice was soft, calm once more, almost apologetic.

"Rak'keli compels me to ask about your leg. I know it is bothering you. May I look at it?" She sounded almost ashamed that she asked. Then she paused a long moment, uncertain of something, and almost embarrassed. "I compel myself to do so as well. I do not know many people here in Riverfall, Hatot... Radris. But I'd like to think I know you a little. And I would not want my friend hurting." She said, hopeful this time that the man would not disagree.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on March 21st, 2010, 9:08 am

Hatot's slowly opened to the sound of Kavala's voice as he stared into the waves of the outstretched ocean. He didn't speak for a short time as a cool wind ruffled the stands of his hair, lightly tickling the skin along his brow and back of his neck. Finally, he slowly turned his head towards Kavala, those golden hues of his iris reflecting the small amount of light the moon casted over the beach.

His mouth opened slowly, as hesitation took him for a small moment. "I feel I deserve these wounds, not only for the man that Radris killed, but also for the way he treated you," Hatot said, a somber tone in his voice as his pupils darted back and forth in gaze of her own, "but more so, I don't wish to bring you further discomfort by denying what you are compelled to do, especially if it's of your own will."

Hatot's gaze then shied away from Kavala's own and fell to the sands once more. "Once again, due to my own lack of balance, Radris has killed," Hatot said, his voice having a hint of disappointment in it. "My final trail of age, the Rite of Manhood, approaches. I almost fear what role Radris will play in that trail, and what my outcome will be as a result."

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

PreviousNext