Preventing the Shattered Spirit[Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Preventing the Shattered Spirit[Closed]

Postby Hatot on February 18th, 2010, 12:52 am

85th Day of Winter 509 AV

A cold wind blew through the area, it's bite deep and harsh. It carried a light snow with it, further blanketing the ground and trees in the area giving a sight of a near ocean of white in some directions. The Akalak city nearby, of course, was spared this blanket for the most part as workers remained vigilant to making sure access to the city itself was not blocked off by harsh weather. Any sounds coming from the nearby city would be drowned out by the roar of the river's water falling from the edge of the cliff as it traveled it's path given by nature.

Along the shoreline, near the edge of the waterfall, sat the lone Akalak named Hatot. Knelt over a blanket spread out over the snow covered ground, he remained motionless, wearing nothing over the top half of his body. A small amount of snow was piled up over his head, shoulders and back, as well as his backpack nearby, suggesting he had been kneeling there for a while. His eyes were closed as slow fogs of breath released from his mouth were carried off quickly by the blowing wind. It seemed he was in a state of meditation, though not one too deep evident by the slight shiver his body produced once and a while. Such was another form of meditation to him as he attempted the block out the pain that a chilled wind would lay over his body. The last time he lost control of himself had been due to an intense pain from a wound he had received during his Rite of Trial. The large scar that wound had left was still easily visible along his back, and served as an important reminder to this day.

He tried to visualize relaxing places as he kept his eyes closed. Most often, the image he set hi mind to was the waterfall itself. It's flow along the river above was steady and simple, as it moved along it intended path and provided for the life of the land along it's way. When given the obstacle of a tall cliff and jagged rocks below however, it would become large and powerful, falling with out fear and crashing over the rocks below, screaming it's determination to not being halted. After, it would once again resume it's steady and peaceful course. In many ways, to Hatot personally, the river and waterfall was much like the dual nature of the Akalaks. They would be calm and peaceful one moment, but when adversity barred their path they would become powerful and fearsome only to return to that calm nature once again.

Muscles tensed slightly as another cold wind raked across his skin and Hatot's brow knotted slightly into a frown. The pain began to alter what he was visualizing as he eventually saw himself in his vision. It wasn't his usual self that he saw, rather the darker half as screams of rage echoed through his head. His eyes almost looked red and blood covered his body as his fists thrashed out at empty air. A final scream blared out from within his mind, carrying over to physical form as Hatot's voice echoed through the nearby land overtaking the sounds of the waterfall as nearby ravens flew from their perches in reaction.

Hatot's body suddenly fell forward as his fists slammed along the ground, the snow that had been piling on top of him suddenly falling from it's resting place. Heavy breaths were now released into the air and signs of frustration were clearly visible on Hatot's face. He didn't have long before his Rite of Adulthood would be upon him. If he didn't want to have a repeat incident of what happened at his Rite of Trial, he had to reign in his more violent half. So far, meditation had stopped the dreams he had been having for several years when his other soul first emerged, but pain, whether physical or emotional, would still cause his the darker half to claw it's way up and attempt to take over. He would need to increase his pain threshold on top of maintaining a calm mind through meditation if he wanted to find a balance.
Last edited by Hatot on March 27th, 2010, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Words: 301214
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 8:12 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Re: Preventing the Shattered Spirit[Open]

Postby Talasca on February 18th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Talasca had entered Riverfall just three days ago and already felt comfortable going through the broad, paved streets and observing the workers and craftsmen in their workrooms. Everyone was busy in that city, everyone had something they practiced with extraordinary skill.

Although Talasca had found something similar for herself a long time ago, she wasn’t yet ready to reveal it to the Akalak. Perhaps they would disappoint her, because her obsession didn’t produce any useful goods or information at all. What she did was for entertainment purposes only – but that didn’t mean that it had less value than the others! No, Talasca knew very well how powerful the act of dancing could be, both to the dancer and the spectators alike.

Still she had to get a feel for the city and its inhabitants first. The Akalak were a proud and respected race and they treated outsiders, especially women, with great care and respect as well. She enjoyed the treatment at Godiva’s Refuge, the establishment she lived for her first ten days, but every day curiosity drew her out of its walls and down into the streets. The unique architecture fascinated her – a place built vertically into stone, overshadowed by a majestic and mighty waterfall! The buildings and environment created an extraordinary atmosphere Talasca was just about to taste.

Every step she did was a test. With every move she tested the slightly wet cobblestone under her bare feet, the air around her slender form. She no longer wore her dusty traveling clothes, but an elaborate green dress with silver lines running up and down its skirt. Although not her whole jewelry, she had at least put on the two heavy silver bracelets, one at each arm to feel their comforting weight. Since she had been little, she had always danced with those bracelets. It was natural to her. The fiery red hair was falling loosely down half her back, the golden eyes sparkled even in the pale Winter light. There was something unusual about her. And she didn’t seem to feel the cold in the least.

Slowly she started to get used to the unique tune, the special sound of that place. That was when her steps followed the water towards the shoreline. She didn’t want to dance in the middle of the street … not yet. Instead she sought solitude, enough space to spread her wings.

Suddenly a scream disturbed the peaceful melody Talasca tried to listen to. She jumped. It had sounded wild, feral, almost too inhuman to come from an Akalak. What had happened?! Her pace fastened. Then she saw the blue silhouette sitting in the middle of the thin snow blanket. Her eyes immediately scanned the situation and assessed every bit of information that was obvious. He had lost his temper. That meant that he had been trying to avoid just that.

Carefully approaching the Akalak from behind – he would hear the long skirt of her dress rustling –, she thought about how to address him. Eventually she called out from the distance of a few feet: “Are you all right? I could help you by distracting your thoughts, if that is what you wish.” Her tone was curious and polite.
Talasca
One With The Elements

Words: 4946
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 4:23 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Hatot on February 20th, 2010, 2:44 am

Hatot's eyes slammed shut for a moment as he slowed his breathing down and calmed his frustrations. His eyes then opened to the sounds of a female who appeared behind him. He turned his head, slowly looking in the direction of the sound as his eyes peered over his shoulder.

The first thing he noticed was the flowing green dress, fluttering around in the stiff breeze that often made it's presence known in the area. He then noticed the way the dress clung to her figure due to the wind. Athletic, but not in the form of a true fighter, but a profession that requires athleticism none the less. His eyes then focused on her face as an expression of both concern and caution were present on her features.

A slow exhale was then given as he head once again turned to the ground, his brow resting along the surface of the blanket for a short moment, his eyes closing again. "No," Hatot said, finally in a calm, if not still slightly raspy, deep voice as he began pushing himself off the ground. "Distraction from my thoughts would deter what I ultimately hope to achieve, and that is control of my thoughts in their entirety."

Hatot finally stood to his full height and turned to the woman who had appeared. "I thank you, however, for both your concern and offering of aid," Hatot said before bowing his head slightly. "I am Hatot, born of Riverfall. Whom do I have the pleasure of addressing?"

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on February 22nd, 2010, 6:36 am

The healer was unusually restless. Perhaps it was the winters overly long oppressive cold or perhaps it was just that she'd grown used to her solitude and with her sister hanging about, there were far more expectations placed upon her. It wasn't that Kavala was lazy. No, the truth was she placed plenty of expectations upon herself. Get the facility completed. Hire staff. See the mares all foaled out late winter/early spring. Replace fence. Gain stores of supplies - cut bandages, craft medicines, prepare for business to pick up in the spring - and gather medicines.

Akela, Kavala's sister, had other expectations for her. Train. Learn to defend herself. Toughen. Socialize. None of the things Kavala considered very important - at least not at the moment. She was still healing from wounds she could not place any name too. And so it was, out fulfilling one of her expectations, that she found herself on the outskirts of the city along the river bank gathering winterberry for a stockpile of medicine she'd craft against spring fever and cough. Her mind was occupied on irony as she carried out her work - her tools only her bare hands and a bucket. Winterberry would be gone with the first budding of new leaves, about the time the coughs would appear both among the people and animals of Riverfall. If the berries weren't gathered and preserved now, they would not be available to fight the respiratory infections that came with the warming weather. It was lost in this sort of thought that Kavala blindly rounded a bend, her bucket half full of small white berries, seeking her next clump of bushes, and came upon the scene.

Most, upon first glance, would dismiss her for a child - a boy in fact - even though she lacked the dark skin that normally ran towards cobalt blue. She was slight, dressed in a pair of boys trousers and work boots with a with a slightly too large tunic over the top. The tunic was belted with an unadorned strip of leather and over that was a tattered cloak that looked more functional than fashionable because it housed a great deal of foliage in its wool weave where the girl had brushed up against the bushes to reach for the berries she gathered. A thick scarf wrapped around her neck, warming her, even as an oversized wool cap covered an expanse of translucent white hair. The scarf and cap went a good distance to disguise her Konti nature, even though she was less trying to cover what she was and more trying to stay warm.

It was cold.

And didn't that half-naked Akalak fool know it? No, of course he didn't. Kavala sighed and took a moment to study him openly curious. This was not unlike her own meeting with Sorian where he was out meditating on his own in the wilderness. Well, not exactly alone. Was this a tradition with the Akalak? Kavala half suspected it was. Since she'd learned of Sorian's dual nature, it made sense that these men were never truly alone. They were devoid of any personal privacy - either side of them, and it must be stressful. The man had an attractive face - like most of his race - but something about him seemed young. He was in no way a boy, and though she noted scars on his form, he wasn't heavily scarred like some of the older men she'd met.

But this Akalak wasn't exactly by himself. Kavala wondered if she was intruding on an interlude? The flame haired beauty moved with a dancers grace and spoke with a soft supple voice. Kavala had sharp hearing, for all that she anticipated neither of them had noticed her yet. They were introducing themselves. And the woman offered to distract the Akalak. Kavala raised an eyebrow at that, wondering what sort of distraction the woman was offering and if it was best to not find out. She glanced down at the bucket of berries, scowled at the lack of harvest, and noted the thick loaded bushes to either side of the couple. She would have to talk to them if she wanted the berries, or she could come back later and risk the quickly ripening berries being taken by the native birds before she could get back to her picking. There were two more foals due in the next few days so if she left now, it would be at least three days perhaps more before she could get back.

Kavala frowned, uncertain, and hesitated glancing between the woman and the man, hoping almost that they'd decide to move off on their own. Maybe she could help that along.

"True strength means controlling ones thoughts even as one controls ones body in the face of any and all distraction - including ones own thoughts."
Her tone implied she considered him in control of neither if what she'd just witnessed was reality rather than her own imagination. Coupled with that, however, was an azure gaze that was almost alight with humor. Along with her comment , she turned and nodded to the other woman, acknowledging her with a greeting that was neither friendly nor closed.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hatot on February 24th, 2010, 3:09 am

Hatot's gaze soon shifted over to the second arrival, his hands slowly brushing snow from his pants as he studied. He generally only received visitors in the form of children he taught basics to. Younger generations preparing to take their own Rite of Trial. "How serendipitous," Hatot thought before he began making his way over towards his pack.

"True indeed," Hatot replied to the new visitor, the rasp in his voice from previously screaming now gone, "it's often something said by the elder of my family. Unfortunately, I struggle to find complete control of my thoughts, which is what I strive to correct through this and other training."

Hatot bent forward, his arms reaching a short length to the ground as he opened his pack. From within, he pulled out a simple white tunic and flapped it in the air a couple of times to fling away any snow that had managed to make it's way into the pack, but had not yet melted into the shirt itself. Slipping it on, it fit loosely, disguising his full build except where it hung heavily over the build of his shoulders. Hatot then pulled his armor free from his pack, which took a little more negotiation, before standing up strait once again and giving a sharp whistle into the air. As he slipped on his armor, a grunting exhale and slight nay echoed from the small tree line nearby before his Zavian horse, Tulok, came trotting out into the clearing.

"And you," Hatot said to the new arrival as he fastened straps along his leather armor, "might I have the pleasure of your name. I assume you've already overheard mine, but for sake of etiquette: I am Hatot."

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on February 25th, 2010, 7:57 pm

She met his gaze and got the impression he wasn't perhaps used to talking to people. It was a common affliction within the Akalak society. Kavala was starting to think all of them were slightly unstable for she'd yet to meet one that had any semblance of normality to them. It would have been a refreshing change, for certain, but then again maybe that was what happened when a society existed without women. They had none of their own, and borrowed those of other cultures. So how healthy were their children, raised by strangers or only fathers?

Kavala glanced at the woman, offered her a smile, and then took her gaze back to the man.

"Kavala. I run Sanctuary - its a stable and animal rescue on the outskirts of the city."
The konti said, feeling odd that for some reason her association with Sanctuary provided her with an identity here. It spoke volumes as to who she was. It gave the whole of the Akalak society a brief history. A slave rescue brought in after a raid - beaten, sexually abused - who'd started up a business to begin to repay her debt. Kavala was also simply an available womb to whomever decided they wanted to be a father (or try to become one) next because she owed a debt to the men of Riverfall. There probably wasn't an Akalak in the city that didn't know her history, which was why she didn't often give out her name.

"It is nice to meet you.... and ?"
There was something hesitant in the way she said that, but her glance at the other woman seemed to make her decide not to say more. She could have been asking for the womans name, or she could have been asking about his brother. Kavala was cautious and almost regretted the and tacked onto the statement. The truth was, he wouldn't know she knew that they Akalak had dual natures. It seemed... deceptive somehow to her... that the men did not introduce themselves with two names. "I am Hatot and......." That would have put her far more at ease than the singular introduction did.

Her eyes moved towards the horse, studying its form as it approached and also giving the man a semblance of privacy to place his clothing and armor back on his torso. "A fine Zavian. He moves very well and is built nicely." She said softly, her eyes appreciative. "Is he purebred? I do not have a Zavian stallion at Sanctuary, but I do have several purebred mares I'd like to see produce purebreds next year. Your horse moves well... would you consider breeding him?" The Konti asked, curious. "I have two more foals to go then the mares are open. I dislike crossbreeds unless your just interested in functionality and not quality of the bloodlines." Kavala said, finally turning back to Hatot, after he'd gotten his things together and put back on.

Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Talasca on February 26th, 2010, 3:22 pm

Talasca simply nodded. Her opponent had something different in mind, she could see that, and she wasn’t in the least disappointed. Well, perhaps she was, she admitted, but she had only looked for an opportunity to move, feel her body and taste the surroundings through movement. Later, later then. Still, she couldn’t help but reply with a slight grin: “I guess I should provoke you then to test your strength, but I don’t want both of us to get into an uncomfortable situation, so I’ll forget that idea.”

She observed his bow and concluded that he acted like a typical Akalak. The rather frustrated or even angry scream hadn’t matched that image, but after having noticed her presence he was a paragon of honor, discipline and manners. Talasca, though, wasn’t sure whether she liked that or not. The Drykas were a people known for their hot temper and while she didn’t exactly enjoy losing it, she definitely favored speaking her mind over nice words or even silence. Anyway, she was nowhere near a position that allowed her to treat the Akalak who called himself Hatot like she would if she knew him longer.

However, exchanging names was the first step to establishing a relationship, and so Talasca was just about to open her mouth and answer his question when a noise from the left interrupted her. Turning her head, the girl spotted the distraction.

Another person, but totally different from the dark-skinned, red-haired Drykas and the blue, tall Akalak – it was even difficult to determine her gender at first sight. She was unusually pale, although her clothing and the equipment she was carrying indicated that she didn’t have anything against being outside. Perhaps it was a racial thing, but Talasca had never seen someone with this one’s appearance before. It didn’t really matter to her anyway. More interesting was the other girl’s behavior. She sounded firm when stating her advice, and her short nod in Talasca’s direction didn’t really look sympathetic – to the receiver, but perhaps she wasn’t used to such reactions. Everything could be possible, but impossible was it to determine what thoughts circulated behind those bright azure eyes.

Talasca’s own hazel orbs went back and forth between the two as they started a conversation. Hatot’s words only confirmed what she had already guessed, but the girl’s reply piqued her interest. Animals? That definitely sounded like a location she should visit, and be it just for the sake of hanging out with horses, socializing with a new herd.

Blinking, Talasca realized that the girl had just addressed her. At times she could be bold, but she didn’t intend to be rude by not at least introducing her. Additionally, she really hoped that the girl would warm up after some time. Giving a friendly smile to both of them, she eventually spoke: “I am Talasca. Of the Drykas Emerald Clan. Nice to meet you, Hatot and Kavala.”

Then her attention turned to the horse that was just approaching them. Apparently it had bonded with the Akalak – a fact that augmented her sympathy for him. Taking a few steps into the mount’s direction, she nodded to Kavala’s words: “Yes, a beautiful exemplar. I don’t know much about horses in general, but I grew up about them. This one looks like a good companion.” Pausing, she listened to Kavala’s suggestion.

Apparently she was interested in breeding with one or two mares of her own collection. At that point Talasca couldn’t deny a hint of antipathy. Horses were so much more than the name of their bloodline … but perhaps her judgment of the girl was wrong. Since she had learned to observe before judging, she quickly brushed those thoughts off. “How many horses live in your stables, Kavala?”, she asked curiously. “My companion, Lightwalker, is currently at Godiva’s, but I have to find shelter for him when I move out soon. I know little more than the basics about horse care, but I’m willing to learn. Of course, I won’t do anything against your will. It’s just an interesting idea.”

Looking at Kavala, she wondered whether she had gone too far. The girl didn’t look like the type interested in socializing and sharing her knowledge, but perhaps horses were a topic both could relate to.

Her eyes quickly turned to Hatot to see what he thought of the previous suggestion. The one about breeding. Would Kavala ask her the same if she found out that Lightwalker was a stallion as well?
Talasca
One With The Elements

Words: 4946
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 4:23 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Hatot on February 27th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Hatot gave quaint nod, throwing a hooded white cloak over his shoulders before fastening some straps to a shoulder pieces along his leather armor. The heavy thuds of Tulok's hooves beat along the snow covered ground as he approached Hatot in a slow walk. Hatot's hands reached up, slowly brushing along the animal's cheeks as Tulok lowered his head within Hatot's grasp. Heavy, gruffed exhales escaped the animal's nostrils clouding the air between them for short moments before Hatot slowly pressed his brow to the stallion's head. "Tulok," Hatot said as he raised his head back up and began running one hand along the center of the animal's head while the other reached out, lightly patting the side of the Tulok's neck. "My father presented him to me when I was very young. In many ways, he's been my closest companion since."

Hatot then slowly turned as he stepped a couple of paces over to where he had been meditating. His large hand reached down, grasping the winter blanket along the ground as a quick tug and flick of the arm sent the white snow along scattering into the air. He slowly began folding it before looking to Kavala. "If you and your mares can talk him into it, I do not mind, but he is picky about being cooped up in one place for too long," Hatot warned, answering Kavala's question to using Tulok for breeding purposes.

Hatot then began to meticulously fold the blanket as he walked it back over towards his pack and slipped it in. A deep breath was taken as he looked up to the sky, snow falling along his face for a moment. His eyes the fell down to both Talasca and Kavala. "Well then, the day is still young," Hatot said as he grabbed his pack, slipping it over one shoulder. "If either of you haven't any serious engagements, I intend to tutor some younger generations in the form of hand to hand combat, but they are eager to learn in the event either of you also have knowledge to impart to them."

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on February 28th, 2010, 4:38 am

Kavala pulled the warm hat more tightly down over her ears and nodded. She was slightly surprised the woman introduced herself as Drykas, for her skin was darker than most of her people. "I am of the Danusk Pavilion, Sapphire Clan." She said softly, shifting the bucket of berries in her grasp. "There's about seventeen now, though we're foaling at the moment, so we are expecting about six more. I might get lucky and get a nice Zavian stallion out of this group, but nothing that can be useful to the herd until they are older. That's why I asked. We have extra stalls if your mount needs stabling, but he'll have to have manners because we already have two barn stallions; my strider and a sivak who think the mares are theirs." She said, willing to warm slightly at the discussion of horses. It was a common ground that seemed to dissolve her awkwardness. "We can always use help as well. I'm not sure how good of a teacher I am though." She said gently, a smile gracing her face for a moment. "I am a healer of animals - I do better with them than people, truth be told." The konti said, carefully moving around where behind where Hatot seemed to be getting ready to leave.

"I'm out gathering snowberries because the season of cough is about upon us. I wanted to be ready and their syrup is very soothing to both people and animals."
The konti said, slowly beginning to reach out and resume her forging. Her delicate fingers sought the white berries plucking them from stems growing along the shore of the river and depositing them into the bucket. She kept her eyes on the pair as she did so, either not quite trusting them or out of politeness.

"Thank you. Perhaps we can introduce them after the last foals are born. Ten days or so should see them back in a foal heat, and the first of spring and they'll be on their normal cycles."
She replied to Hatot's answer. It would be nice to have a Zavian Stallion to add to the bloodline, even if for only a singular generation. If she could sell enough foals and rideable animals, the faster she could pay her debt back to Riverfall.

"I must gather these."
She said softly, in response to Hatot's invitation. "I am not one for fighting. Perhaps Talasca would be interested though." Her reply didn't indicate her extreme dislike of fighting. She was slowly loosing that distaste having Akela about. Her sister was a spitfire who loved weapons more than life, especially her Katana. But if Kavala had a choice, she'd rather sit and listen to stories or talk seriously about philosophical issues rather than watch men sweat while battling each other. She offered them both a smile, then bent to her task, picking rapidly.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on March 3rd, 2010, 1:45 am

Hatot gave a slow nod as he slipped on pair of gauntlets that had teeth running the full length along the back of them. "Tulok is well behaved when it comes to other horses, he just likes to run free a lot of the time and I allow him to," Hatot explained. "You'll normally be able to find me in the first tier of the city or on the outskirts near the waterfall when you wished to take him over."

Hatot then reached down, grasping his pack. He slipped his arms through the straps, being careful not to catch them along the teeth of his gauntlet when he did so. Shifting it around until it hung comfortably from his shoulders he then looked to Kavala as she declined the invitation and began picking berries once again. "Well, they really won't be fighting, just going through basic movements, but some of the others who study at Tuvya Sasaran may be, so I can understand if you wish to decline," Hatot explained. "If you should change your mind, however, that's where I shall be."

Hatot then looked to Talasca, waiting to hear her answer on the invitation.

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Next