[Aquillar Hot Springs] Of Friends and Tranquility (Open)

Zenai and the gang takes a night-off to get away from the hustle and bustle of Sunberth.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Shai on November 9th, 2011, 12:30 pm

Shai should have seen it coming, but of course her mouth was too busy getting her in trouble to let her sense tell her brain to watch out. If she had been less busy smarting off she might have gotten more than one little scratch in. She hadn’t been expecting to be thrown like a rag doll though; Shai always forgot how little her weight was to the humans. The Symenestra weighed less than several types of armor or weaponry and so tossing her really wasn’t an enormous feat. As soon as she began to get her bearings and would have righted herself, he was busy pinning her down. Antar was just too fast. The moment this encounter turned back to the force Shai had lost. This petcher is getting bit the first chance I get, and I take back what I said about not consuming humans. For him I’ll make an exception. She began to struggle to get free as soon as the implications hit her, with whatever magic he had he could do whatever he wanted and she couldn’t stop him. The gag that followed when she tried to scream for help did absolutely nothing to help her opinion of him in this moment. And then he spoke. Really he had to gag me to speak to me? Very well male get your piece in while your company cannot speak.

The little spider listened, he clearly wanted her to hear what she said and for all that her pride had dulled her sense her indignation couldn’t seem to drown out the sound of his voice no matter how much it tried. Lecturing? That was the point of all of this? To give me a sermon on my attitude?! But as his speech progressed it hit a phrase he couldn’t have intended, a phrase that would change their strange dance. ‘I have stolen lives while I’ve been naked as the day I was born.’ She figured he didn’t know what he had reminded her of and it had just been an attempt at an impressive turn of phrase. But with that simply sentence he brought her races greatest lamentation, and it is the exact line that Shai conceded his victory.

Now she listened quietly, without giving struggle or even dirty look. She just looked exhausted; he had managed to remind her that in her first breath she had killed her mother. Symenestrans belief that they were superior was really the only shield they had against this specific matricide, without it Shai was forced to look at it for what it really was. When his hand moved to hover over her body she watched in horror as her body changed color, Shai didn’t understand enough about magic to know what was going on. To her this strange transformation of her body’s color could be as permanent as the burning of the towel.

Shai gave him her quiet attention; she could only hope that he would return her to her original form if she complied with him. Antar had managed to force his position in her complicated social hierarchy, she couldn’t pin point an exact moment but now she didn’t watch a mere human speak. No, she listened to Antar speak. The ideas were too immense for the Symenestra to stomach in such a short time. These revelations would take hours to set in and when they did they would create an inherent contradiction in the way she judged people. When his proposition finally came Shai no longer struggled against her magical bonds, instead she studied him. If he was going to be her equal she needed more information about him, what tools were in his arsenal? She would figure it out because for all that he might have climbed her internal social ladder, he had still made a fool of her and that couldn’t be let go.

She clutched at the robe to cover herself, say what he will about nudity she preferred to be clothed. I can move again? she hadn’t even realized how odd that was when she first reacted, she snuck a peek beneath the robe; to her great relief her body had returned to normal color. She would accept his deal, she wanted to know more about him and the more she knew about his abilities the more she could do to counter them in the future. Pinching a copper mizas was usually no difficulty but if he was watching for her she’d need to pull off something spectacular. The task gave her a cold focus; whenever she had a specific job to do she could discard any other complication and concentrate on the problem before her. She pulled the robe on properly. Oh yes she would do it, but he would get a piece of parting information. The information was just as valuable for her as well. She spoke just above a whisper, her mind running to fast to come up with more appropriate tone of voice. “I accept. But you failed to mention an important point in your lecture. When you assume you are always already incorrect. It is something both of us could do well to remember.” She didn’t feel the need to explain the nerve he had hit, she preferred he knew as little about her weaknesses as possible. Shai tugged the robe firmly around her and collected her items from the corner before following him back out into the public.

Her first order of business was to secure one of these loincloths and go find a place to change. After that task was complete she moved her thoughts to how she would steal from someone who knew she was coming. As Shai exited the room the first noticeable difference about her was she was wearing a man’s robe. The second was that her expression was distant and contemplative in a way that implied that whoever first approached her might lose something vital. And finally the fact that she reappeared with a Antar with scratches on his face. She deposited her goods safely within her own private bath which she had paid for but went and eased herself into the common pools so she could watch for Antar and his petching miza. Her eyes followed him as he moved, trying to glean every scrape of information she could.

ImageImage
Shai
Alone in the dark.

Words: 424135
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zandelia on November 9th, 2011, 2:37 pm

As Zandelia approached the Aquilar Hot Springs she thought that her stench was almost palpable upon the breeze, whipping around her in thousands of helix’s to swirl upwards and infect all nostrils within a ten foot radius of her form. It had been some time since she had been able to find the time to wash herself, and though a poor stench was far from a rarity within the walls of Sunberth she always attempted to try and spend some time wallowing in the pools nearby at least once a week. It was a ritual that had brought her some much needed stability and sanity in a lifestyle rich and rife with deception and darkness. The simplicity of war water, of clean and glowing skin and of hair a brighter colour than the dirt she trod upon was enough to make it seem ludicrous they could change her state of mind so much. However, if she had learnt one thing it was that small things were often far more potent than larger counterparts. Refreshment cost little and cam in simple form, but what it paid back was confidence and satisfaction ten times sits price.

A worthy investment indeed for one as poor as I she thought to herself as she approached the doors of the entrance building.

The walk had been a pleasant one, Zandelia always having a penchant for nature and its vibrant aura’s – though you would not think it of her when you looked. Still, she located much pleasure in occasionally wandering to the south of Sunberth, meandering towards the woodlands merely to see the green hues of tranquillity and the shining golden colours of life at its most basic level. The dusty track was a mite of inconvenience if it were a windy day, however it was currently as still as stone and as uneven as ever. Her footing was careful, if relaxed, as she made her way to the doors and stopped. She turned briefly around, her singe emerald green eye taking in the picturesque surroundings and she found herself, not for the first time, wondering how much more beautiful it would have looked without the slumping pile of excrement that was her home city in the middle distance.

“A pile of dog droppings in a serene, wild vista. Sounds just about right to me” she sighed to herself as she turned once more and pushed the hinged doors aside and strode into the reception area, or what passed for one in this part of the world.

It was not altogether difficult to gain admittance, her coin exchanging hands at the oaken desk quickly and the worker remembering Zandelia’s face from the many previous visits. Thus came a small talk about idle things, the weather and how Sunberth should be better at certain small things. Slavery was on the increase as Zandelia knew and stressed tensions between gangs spoke of conflict to come, though everyone was sure it would not come to that in the end. She did not have the hear tot school the girl in the ways of reality, sure that tucked away up here she would probably not have to face it within Sunberth’s walls at any rate. Zandelia knew that fighting would happen, no matter how much it was wished against. It was an inevitability that did not require magical divination to foresee. Still, she shrugged it all off and procured her towel. That done she padded to the changing rooms and set about undressing. It was an arduous task that comprised of removing cold iron gauntlets, studded leather armour, boots, belt and pouches. Even that was only half of what she took away from her form, her weapons and normal clothing beneath all of the rest making up most of the rest.

“Too much and too stuffy, but necessary” she whispered as she placed all but her clothing items into her own private locked and secured it in a businesslike fashion.

That done she looped her towel over her left shoulder and took her Shadowsilk robes and cotton clothing items to the reception desk to be washed during her lengthy visit. Zandelia had little shame about being seen naked, she had lost that instinct years ago now after being sexually used by master after master in her years of enslavement. She knew she had a well formed body, soft curves meeting hardened muscle, and she was proud of that fact. After all, when one had been raped and used so much as a young girl that it had all but taken her sanity at the time what was left to feel embarrassed of shamed about? No, she had settled that inner-turmoil already and eyes upon her nude form did not bother her much at all. She got many a leer too as she made her way to the private areas, their eyes ravelling up and down her lither figure and concentrating and perhaps three key areas at that.

And they say romance is dead she chuckled to herself as she entered the areas of secluded privacy and threw her towel onto a bench. It was only as she started to slip into the soothingly warm waters that she noticed she was not alone.

“Shai! By Akajia I did not expect to see you here!” she spoke with real surprise as she looked the woman over and wished she could penetrate the depths of the water they both occupied. Alas, however, she could not.

“Come for a little soak too then eh? Always a good way to end the day. How have you been lass?” she asked with a warm smile as she shifted her position to be much closer to her ravishing comrade.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zenai on November 10th, 2011, 12:19 pm

“Idue, I didn’t expect to find you here.” Zenai put out his hand for the Benshira to accept. Hopefully, this is not an offensive gesture to the Benshira and a common enough gesture of welcome and meeting. “I’m just waiting for the others…I mean my friends…or associates… We’re gathering for a farewell for some good friends. I’m sure you know of Eridanus and Bob? Those two are going somewhere, uh, Avanthal or Alvadas or somewhere like that. Some sort of pilgrimage or, knowing Bob, a scam of sorts.” Zenai didn’t care about the reason; he was kind of sad to see some of people he could consider friends leaving so soon when Zenai just arrived. He would have followed as well but he has a “contract” with Old Leg and Zenai, with whatever honor he has” was obligated to fulfill that “contract”. Anyway, it didn’t do him good to just keep travelling. First off, he hates travelling; too many monsters in between cities and too many unknowns in new places. Secondly, it was better to stay in one place to establish one’s reputation. His third reason was he doesn’t want Old Leg to tie rocks to his feet and throw him into the sea. “Come. I’m sure a celebration would be better with more people and I’m sure you want to build up your network for your quest.” Zenai suggested to Idue. Maybe Zenai was being too helpful with this newcomer but everyone is useful and Idue would be useful to Zenai somehow. Zenai beckoned Idue to follow him inside where he suspects the rest are; he damned himself for being late one but…

He saw Shai just coming out of nowhere and greeted Zenai on the way in. He must be too focused on Idue on his own thoughts. Zenai reminded himself to be more aware of his surroundings and not assume the area around where two former Syliran Knights is safe. Zenai had heard tales and rumors that the two old couple that has set up a hot springs here were of the knightly order from Syliras. Still, rumors are rumors and Zenai would just accept them as two old people making a living here in Sunberth. Zenai wondered if they were other old people in Sunberth.

Zenai entered the reception room where an old lady, presumably Natlana, one of the owners of the hot springs, is sitting behind her desk. She smiled. “Wow, it must be a special day today. So many guests. How can I help you?”
Zenai couldn’t help but feel safe and at home with the charming old lady. “Just coming here to enjoy a bit of peace with some friends. Uh, the fee is five copper mizas for the common area, isn’t it?”
“Yes, yes, quite.” She answered.
Zenai took out the five copper mizas and gave it to the former Syliran Knight.
“The common spring is just down there but before that, there’s a place to keep your things. Do keep them properly especially your weapons.” She gave Zenai a cold stare as an extra measure so Zenai would follow her instructions and read between the lines which pretty much said “I want no trouble from or else!”.
“Alright, thanks.” Zenai did as he was told.

He folded his clothes and armor nicely as well as arranged his talon swords in an “X” manner. His instructors back in Syliras would have praised him for it if it were not for the tiny mistakes they would constantly find just so they could make the squires run around Syliras for their own amusement. Fortunately, he was neither no longer a squire nor was in Syliras. He puts it in one of the lockers then grabbed a loincloth to wear. Zenai could feel the dirt and grime clinging onto his body. Not to mention the sweat, blood and tears not from himself. Satisfied that he had done as Natlana told him to as well as putting down his paranoia that someone is going to steal his possessions, not surprising in and around Sunberth, he stepped into the common springs. Zenai wasn’t ashamed of himself, having a good enough physique and quite handsome or so his mother keeps telling him.

Zenai then saw Eridanus and joined the Ethaefal. “Hail, Eridanus. By Aquiras’s speed, you guys are fast. You make me look bad, you know that? Nah, I’m kidding. Glad you can make it. Are the others here already? I saw Shai but I haven’t seen Bob or Antar.” Zenai asked as he slipped into the pool of warm water. Zenai could already feel the impurities washing off him and filling him with warmth and hope. Finally, a day where he could feel clean and pure, and not sweaty and dirt-covered; Zenai could also feel the chills of winter running off his spine and the warm waters of the spring bringing back much feeling to his bones and muscles. Zenai had to cope with the cold as Sunberth wasn’t the most advanced city when it comes to public facilities and other important amenities. Most of the warmth he gets in a day was from running down thieves thus warming up his muscles but then the sweat from the run would make the cold worse for the tagger. Zenai would spend as much time near the fire as he could, almost spending most days in the taverns where the hearth fire would be big and warm but the competition for space has led to a few brawls that Zenai had to either escape or punch his way through.

“Oh hey, where are you going again?” Zenai asked Eridanus. “Avanthal or Alvadas? Also, why? I’m not sure about the details so I just wanna make sure now before you guys go off and leave in this gods’ forsake place that is Sunberth.” Zenai was going to miss Eridanus most of all. All the things they went through bonded them, in Zenai’s personal opinion, and Zenai would have thought they would go through a lot more. However, changes would come someday and looks like today was a day of change. He wouldn’t miss Bob much and he would love to see Bob getting eaten by a monster and then that monster still being unsatisfied with his “small” meal. Antar? Well, he is still acquaintances to Zenai.
Green is when I'm speaking Common.
Blue is when I'm thinking in my Mind.
Teal is when everybody else is speaking.
Red is when I'm speaking Nari.
Zenai
Old Legs' Tagger

Words: 201414
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 2:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1

Postby Shai on November 10th, 2011, 2:48 pm

Shai had only spent a few chimes people watching before she saw a sight both familiar and strange. A naked Zandelia strutting across the room. She hadn’t known Zandelia would be here as well but it was welcome all the same. The woman was the only other female she knew in Sunberth, one who happened to know Antar. It was about time to employ an age old Symenestran pass time; gossiping.

Shai forced a smile onto her face as Zandelia approached. Her voice sounded a little tight but otherwise normal. “Good Evening Zandelia, I had not expected to see you here either. Do not mistake me, it is a good surprise. “ Shai turned herself around so she could properly face her friend. “Yes it is quite nice to wash away the stench of humanity. No offense meant of course, I am fairly certain the humans notice it as well.”

Gossiping wasn’t usually done in the baths in Kalinor but Shai could adapt. The rogue slid through the water so she was close enough to talk to Zandelia in hushed tones. There was a proper voice for just such nattering and Shai took it up. Shai spoke in a tone that implied she knew the biggest secrets in the world and was just dying to tell her closest female confidant. “Well Zandelia, I have already had an exceptionally strange evening. I met a new acquaintance, someone you already know I think. I must admit he got the better of me so I need to know more about him. I simply cannot let him best me twice in a row, it would be humiliating.” Her smile was becoming less forced, while speaking to Zandelia she was working towards her new objective and that always came before meandering mental journeys about social constructs. She would find a way to get her revenge on that man for his treatment of her, but that would come later. First and foremost, she was going to steal that miza. “So what can you tell me about one exceptional strong man named Antar? A weakness for wine, money, or women perhaps?” Shai attempted not to change her tone when she asked but there was an edge to it, this was important information and she couldn’t really hide how much so. The rogue hoped Zandelia assumed it was just avid curiosity rather than genuine information gathering. If Zandelia ended up not knowing any useful information then perhaps some of the men she came with would know. At least, maybe Zandelia could point her in the right direction to look.

Finallu Shai stopped her plotting long enough to really notice the woman she was next to. Clearly Zandelia’s body had understood the word shapely growing up which was a concept Shai’s body had never seemed to comprehend. Maybe I can use that? A distraction might work. Now she had to consider if Zandelia would even help her, if she knew Antar’s policy on thieves she would probably balk at the plan until the reasoning was explained.

ImageImage
Shai
Alone in the dark.

Words: 424135
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zandelia on November 11th, 2011, 1:31 am

Zandelia could almost feel her body respond to the warm water, sense its sigh of relief as it was subjected to something enjoyable for once after a long period of serial un-pleasantries. Her skin began to tingle and her insides felt as of they were filling up with a golden liquid, the very ambrosia of life itself. The smile that broke across her face was genuine, softening the usually angular lines of perpetual suspicion and steely armour that she held in place with much mental effort. She had no fear that Shai would take it for granted, using it for her own ends – not that she would not put it past the little spider. However, the small woman seemed to have her own version of honour. Not to mention that if Shai did betray her the little vixen would live long enough to regret doing so if Zandelia had her own way about things. Still, Zandelia could not be a fortress at all times and the few occasions at the hot springs afforded her the reprieves she needed to restore her willpower.

And if I get to share some time with a cute lass then all the better indeed she thought to herself as she watched Shai shift closer to hers till, their legs all but brushing under the water and the idea she was close enough to stroke deliciously attractive to her weary soul – in much need of soothing as it was.

However, to her unending disappointment the symenestran seemed not so much interested in Zandelia as she did in gossip. Zandelia was not one to shy away from such a topic, though she usually took part in the procuring rather than the discussing side of things in that walk of life. She listened attentively, her ears pricked as she all but purred as another muscle relaxed under the continual onslaught of frothy hot liquid. Her attention was divided quite evenly between pleasure, arousal and interest but she strived to maintain order over her sense and keep her mind upon Shai’s words enough to get the general gist of what was being said – her voice the whispery, breathy voice of one whom had much to say to any whom might have the intelligence to listen. It was a tone of voice Zandelia knew well, having used it often herself. The woman wished for intrigue to override her sense perhaps, though she need not have bothered. When she revealed her desires Zandelia let out a series if giggles, punctuated with girly snorts, as she tried vainly to maintain her position before falling under the waters and being forced to splutter a little as she emerged – her hair now stuck to her scalp and trailing down across her shoulders in elegant patterns.

“Antar!?” she stated finally, after much coughing, as she sat back down next to Shai, close enough that their thighs touched now as her skin went from pale white to a crimson as quickly as biologically possible.

“Antar is a mystery in many ways Shai,” she continued as she wiped her face with her palms and tried not to seem overly embarrassed, an affair she was not to convinced she managed to do, “and I’m not even sure if anyone even knows where he came from or even if it’s his real bloody name” she mused out loud as she tried to recall what little she had been able to tease out about the man.

“Brutally mercenary and yet loyal to those he deems worthy, I think. Fond of nature, as far as I can tell, though he won’t balk at using it for his advantage if need be. Dangerous after many fashions, though fair in a strange way. I’ve heard it tell he kills only those he gets paid for or who try to kill him first, and he tolerates thieves the same way others tolerate vermin. He once made a thief dance a merry jig for Bob, Mok and some others I was told –Darik was his name. In chains too apparently” she placed each piece of information out almost delicately, as if building a tower of cards upon a rickety table.

She looked at Shai sideways, tilting her head as she stretched her arm along the rim of the pool, considering her sudden interest in the man she had met through a bar fight at the beginning of the fall season. He was not particularly well known by the general public, noticed only through reputation rather than by looking at him. He was a shadow in a very real sense as far as Zandelia could gather. He had no past any could tell, no future desires outside of violence that she knew of and his present was spent flitting from this to that – never staying put for long, as if he were scared of stagnation itself.

“Why the sudden interest in someone who a thief really shouldn’t want to get involved with my dear?” she asked the woman, noticing that she appeared a little flustered as if the information meant more than she had let on.

“I do hope you haven’t had a tumble with him lass, I can’t imagine he’s very gentle. Come on, stand up and give us a twirl to show the bruises” she jested as she smiled at the woman, seeing if she could tease the reasoning out of her.

“He won’t have a weakness for you my dear, if that’s what you’re hoping. I would think he likes more…filled…forms, shall we say. You have a most beautiful body but he strikes me as a wench lover. Still, I think in terms of weaknesses every man has some that are similar – it’s just a process of elimination. Ask yourself this…what do you know about men?” she asked the sensual spider as she continued to wish the waters were not so opaque as they were.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Eridanus on November 11th, 2011, 4:46 pm

The group of them entered the springs, and coins changed hands as they were given a key to place their belongings. The Ethaefal had no doubt that security in this place was top-notch, in no large part due to the rumours that were floating around about the owners' capacity for unnatural violence when provoked, and he went to the storage room, removing his attire systematically. He unbuckled the series of leather straps behind his back that kept the leather sheaths that housed his two weapons and carefully slotted them inside the container against the wall. Next, he removed his clothes and folded them systematically, placing them in a pile which was then slotted into the same container. He did the same with his boots, and clothed himself in the soft robe provided. Some customers did not mind wandering around in the nude, but some wanted to reserve some sense of modesty and so the couple provided robes for this purpose.

Eridanus did not really like being in the nude. It was not the idea of being stared at that turned him off, for his unearthly features was enough to draw people towards him. It was the sense of vulnerability that he did not like, and walking around fully nude around other beings brought back memories of his first descent into the mortal plane when he crashed into the waters off the coast of Sahova. It was not a memory that he liked to bring back, for the very first mortal experience he had was drowning. The first mortal emotion? Fear. It was not a good memory to relish, and so he walked out into the public bath with Zenai clothed in a simple robe.

Dipping into the warm pool, Eri sighed, for the contrast in temperatures as well as the soothing waters that his body had not felt for a long time was simply divine. His friend initiated a conversation, and he replied, "Alvadas, my friend. The wonderful place of illusions and madness. I have been to that place several times before coming here, and it is due to quite a coincidental sequence of events that I find myself compelled to visit that place again."

He knew that his friend had some sort of job thing going on, but he wondered if he could convince Zenai to go with him, for he would miss this human indeed. It was rare to find someone in such a lawless mess like Sunberth who upheld at least some vestige of honour and Eri was glad to say that he was willing to trust his back to Zenai, for he knew that his friend would not betray him and vice versa. Eri himself had some sort of job thing for Master Tua, delivering messages for him and some other people who required message-delivering. It was a pretty freelance thing for him, though, and it was a simple matter of informing the parties involved of his departure and that was that.

"Say, why not come with me, Zenai? Alvadas is a truly wondrous place compared to this hell-hole. I only came here because I had to settle certain personal issues, and now that I am done with this place there is no further reason to mingle with the villainous scum this city is full of", he was sure that Zenai would understand, for they had gotten into scrapes together more than once and saved each other's asses too. "In fact, I can clearly say that it is with a happy heart and excited demeanour that I will leave for Alvadas, for that was the city that captured my heart many years back and I am not sure if it had returned it to me."
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Zenai on November 11th, 2011, 9:03 pm

“Alvadas. Yes, I heard of it. A very strange and mad place, indeed.” Zenai does indeed have heard Alvadas and that it wasn’t for the simple minded. Zenai was not simple minded but he didn’t want to risk his mind to go mad being in such a place. Zenai had only been to places in between Syliras and Wind Reach, and places like Sunberth, which is pretty much out of the way, were not usually his desired destinations. He only came to Sunberth reluctantly and out of desperation. Zenai was also in the opinion of staying in one place as long as possible so one can establish and build up a reputation. He hates travelling to be quite honest. So Sunberth is where Zenai will live and work for the long term.

Zenai took a moment to inspect Eridanus’s physique. He is what people would call a “pretty-boy”, a man so beautiful that you would think he would be a woman. Some are so beautiful that it will change your default sexual orientations. Zenai admits that he as jealous of Eridanus and Zenai was sure that woman would easily fall for Eridanus’s charm and beauty if the Ethaefal just tried. Zenai, in turn, was average looking, not so ugly that people would shunned him or gouge out their eyes but he wasn’t handsome enough that woman would fall heads over heels for a chance to court Zenai. Zenai splashed some water on his face and looked at his reflection on the water’s surface. He nodded at his own reflection and accepted that this is how he looks like. He also prefers to look unremarkable so he could avoid being recognized immediately if he was being pursued by someone. “Get in here, Eridanus. The water isn’t going to consume you.” Zenai beckons.

Eridanus then shot him a question in which Zenai sighed and answered. “I can’t go with you. As much as I want to go with you, Bob and Antar, I have obligations here that I have to fulfill. That and I hate travelling. Too many wild things in between that would want to gnaw on your flesh and suck on your marrows. Anyway, I’m still contracted to Harry the Leg. You may have heard of him; he runs the taggers at the docks. Well, I’m one of them and I am honored bound to be one of Old Leg’s Taggers. It’s a respectable job and much more honest than what you can find here in Sunberth. Besides, I think Sunberth is growing on me. Sure riots may occur on a weekly or even daily basis. Sure you are most likely to be robbed or stabbed by random madman. But I guess that is what makes Sunberth an interesting place to live in. Sunberth and other cities in Mizahar have its own set of problems, even Alvadas. No, Sunberth is my home now and I shall stake my claim here.” Zenai let the answer sink in for Eridanus and hoped that he would understand his position.

“By the way, where is Bob? Thought he might be in here with you. Also, where’s Shai? Did she climb out of somewhere? I swear likes to slip into hiding places just for the sake of it” Zenai looked around through the steam and water in his eyes. He rubbed them out and squinted before continuing his survey of the common pool. Zenai spied a spider trying to sneak through the common pool as if she wanted to steal something again. Zenai sighed and continued to monitor her; she just slipped into the pool cleanly and quietly with only a few rippled created in the water.

Zenai wanted to come over to see how Shai was doing and whether she was up to something but then another woman came and slipped into the pool next to Shai. Zenai squint his eyes again, trying to discern who the person was. She had blonde hair and a scar. She looks so familiar. It took Zenai two chimes before he figured it out. It was Zandelia, another one of Bob’s associates. Zenai had some measure of respect for the woman if their few encounters had something to say about it. Looks like they are chatting or plotting; it could be both and Zenai was curious.

“Come, Eridanus. Let us join the ladies.” Zenai requested Eridanus and walked over to the two ladies chit-chatting. Zenai slowly approached them, not wanting to startle them. Zenai hoped he wasn’t intruding but he thought the more, the merrier. Zenai walked over and slipped in beside Zandelia, whom Zenai judged, won’t try to steal his belongings and especially his heart; both metaphorically and figuratively. “I hope I wasn’t interrupting an important discussion between you two...” Zenai asked the ladies. “…but I was wondering if you had seen Bob or Antar. They were supposed to be here five chimes ago. This wouldn’t be a farewall party if we don’t have everyone who’s going off here to say farewell to.”
Green is when I'm speaking Common.
Blue is when I'm thinking in my Mind.
Teal is when everybody else is speaking.
Red is when I'm speaking Nari.
Zenai
Old Legs' Tagger

Words: 201414
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 2:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bob Barton on November 11th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Zenai, always with doing the boring stuff. Hot springs? That is for wrinkly old people like those who were running the joint. Nothing interesting about them. If only Bob knew the rumors or Zenai bothered to tell him then that would be interesting. Old or not if the couple were really knights then it means that they can kick ass. Two has beens still will not have much trouble with the rabble of Sunberth. But no, all Bob knew is that Zenai wanted to spend some time with some friends. Bob had a rough idea of who might those people be and remembering one really made a shiver of disgust run down his spine. Hopefully that one will give today a miss.

Another shiver ran down Bob's spine on his way there. A shiver of excitement in meeting Shai. Sure a lot of his so called friends said that she is a terrible symenestra who would eat him sooner than bed with him but he knew they were all just jealous so what he should be feeling was fear. However he knew that they, Zandelia especially since she would realize that she had that hideous scar and horrid personality which always turned Bob off just said that to get in his way. Greeting her on their way very cheerfully, Bob could not help but suggest that "I know that you really want to be with me but following me here is ridiculous." Wait...she was here for Zenai? What could she want with that goody two shoes? What kind of person is actually into the good boys? Not Bob or he would not try his luck on a bad girl like Shai. "I know you don't mean that, so why don't you just admit you are here for me instead of giving unbelievable excuses like Zenai?"

Even having said that Shai was still a little bit too shy to admit it and tried to say some unbelievable things. "Nevermind then, lets go to the bath house and see how it goes from there shall we?" so she would still be able to change her mind when she realized her mistake. But after a while Shai's attempts at rejections started to turn Bob a little more especially since they are alone this time. Normally they would be with other people Bob could use the opportunity to make a few fast quips here and there. Unable to think of anything else to say Bob gave a very bold suggestion. "So you think the baths are mixed or seperate?" Yes, he actually said his it out loud. While it was just a normal question his leering and grinning expression would give his intentions away to Shai. "You don't know either? Well, at least we are going to find out soon Shai. Just think of it as unwrapping a gift to get to the goodies inside." A child might be happy with that sort of comparison but if Shai understood she will probably be disgusted about it.

A little more walking and, they both finally reached the springs and Shai seemed more interested with the turtles. No surprise there after all of the short man's failed attempts. His eyes wandered around to find something a lot more interesting than turtles because as much as he liked to join Shai in any of her activities, this was just too bor...Bob just did not have a lettuce leaf of his own. What kind of person needs lettuce to amuse themselves especially when the hot springs are full of other guests. One of them caught Bob's eye even with the symenestra with the alluring aura of mystery beside him. "Uhhhh...Shai, I think you can go on without me for a bit. I have to...attend to something...." and that was Sunberth women who would be a lot more direct with what they wanted.

There was only one but Bob knew from experience with the last time at the tavern that he should still be careful. He gave one last look around the area, scanning for those who might be part of the woman's group or maybe after her themselves. Satisfied that no other people paid any attention to her as he did having their eyes on their own interests, Bob stepped up right beside her and took up a book from the pile she was reading. Only when he started to turn the pages he realized that it was "a visitor's guide to Sunberth?" The idea that Sunberth could somehow be a tourist attraction made him laugh a little bit but besides all that they had a pretty good idea of what spots to mention. The nice things like the hot springs and taverns, the more tame pursuits through the casinos and the slave markets but none of the really, really hardcore Sunberth places like blood sports and the places inside the Wolf's Den. Whoever prepared this book either had the visitor's best interests in mind or wanted to see them get caught off guard by any of the surprises Sunberth had to offer.

Still, if this woman was reading this book there was a chance that she was not from Sunberth at all. If only Bob could have know just what are the other type of people who would come to the hot springs when they are in Sunberth. however since he was oblivious, it just made things better for him. All the other women in Sunberth that he knew gave a new meaning to the words fatal attraction like Shai and Zandelia who were already around somewhere. Bob eyes moved to the side for one last look to see if he could tell just who this woman was. While she might have a sword and posture might seem a little bit too alert...or was that discipline to her, she did not give out the same feel of danger as the others. Threatening, but not dangerous. Making up his mind he asked her whether she had "found anywhere interesting you want to go or are you going to feed some turtles here?" The nerve of her! She just continued reading her book and totally ignored Bob.

He would not give out though so he tried again. His persistence known to everyone like Shai. "You like the turtles then? But they are not that good company. If you want I can show you around some of the nice places in Sunberth." The offer got a reaction but not one that Bob had hoped when she just slammed her book shut and turned to look at him very intensely as she tried to scrutinize his intentions. Just what was this pressure? Still he could not just back down now, and he had experienced far worse from the giant dogs in Killroy's. "I understand if you are a little bit suspicious...I mean I would be too. But just think of this as a...uhhh...night out in the town. You know? You and me experiencing the sights and wonders that Sunberth has to offer?" holding out his hand to try and lead her along. Bob was being very truthful here, but hopefully he was not too truthful with what he wanted here.

Having enough of Bob, the woman put her hand on her sword and told Bob to leave her to her downtime. If this was what she referred to as downtime, Bob sure as hell did not want to see her when she is serious. As calm as he possibly could which meant with a little shaky hand he put his book back and moved away slowly and softly saying that "if you ever need someone in Sunberth, maybe even a friend, you can just look for me at Killroy's Kennels alright?" giving a wink and turning to work on his feet now that his mouth had failed miserably. Before he reached the doorway he spun around to announce that "the name is Bob Barton by the way" and then continued over to the counter.

It seemed that everyone had ditched him when he was out by himself. That was not fair. Zenai should have displayed better courtesy since he was theone who invited Bob along. He never had Bob ditching him when he was invited to the fun times like the rat race and the mists right? Or course Bob needed the man but consideration was something is expected among friends. Shai was nowhere in sight either, not at the pond and not at the counter. Bob just hopes that he did not make her too jealous and had her leave. She should know that she cannot keep all the good things to herself even if Bob gave her preferential treatment. Sighing with disappointment he asked the counter whether they had seen "a very interesting woman if robes are your thing with a strangely color haired man." After being pointed to the right direction of the room of one Mersailles, Bob said a word of "thanks" and got on his way. Bob knew that Zenai was paranoid about his family and hometown but Mersailles? Just what kind of alias is that? At least he is paying for the private room. He did have that nicer job after all if danger of the human kind was something you can put up with.

Bob stood at the door wondering what he should do next, how exactly he would have his revenge on Zenai for ditching him. Bob decided to play with the name if Zenai was paranoid enough for it. Outside he tried to change his voice a little. Croaking from his normal dead tone to a deeper tone he always hears from the big people. "This is going to be soooooo funny" he whispered to himself to hear it again satisfied with the results. Throwing the door open as hard as possible he yelled loudly "Alright Mersailles, the jig is up. Now that we finally found you, you are going to follow us quietly or else!" After that Bob reverted back to his original voice to make it seem that there were a lot of people with him. Since Zenai and him only met each other again this season, he was hoping that he was not used to his voice yet. "Or else you and everyone else in there with you are going to be in for a world of hurt!" and after that trying to assume a high squeaky voice "so just give in now and save us the trouble and save you the pain!" All throughout the three voices gave one idea in unison to make the threat seem more real. Of course the djed helped which was based on one of his experiences in Syliras and as calm and calculated Antar always was, there will be feelings of worry at the back of his head to take him to his own conclusions. Just how terrified would he be with the lies? It could be the same as Bob when the knights suddenly came for him and the others. Even after so long, now when Bob recalled the memory and held on to it in his mind with the scene of the people all running before getting caught while he was saying those things to Antar, he was still able to get scared but it was the only way that he could accurately give what he wanted. Or how infuriated he would be when he found out it was another Bob trick? Well, when you mess with the Bob you just get the...mess...

OOCSorry guys, hope this will explain where was Bob and is not too messy XD
Last edited by Bob Barton on November 27th, 2011, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Antar on November 12th, 2011, 4:34 am

oocI don't know if you technically have your magic back, but I'm thinking with it sealed you still might have a sympathetic use of some strength. Of course- antar is now knowing bob has something wrong with him. Maybe he'll work on it later?

After the spider woman left his room Noth gathered up his things with a bit of disgust, taking out a second robe was nothing major. He enjoyed renting a room at the hotsprings and the convening bathhouse from time to time. Especially after a weary day. The falcon on his arm looked up at him and clucked softly before shaking her feathers in the direction Shai had left in. It was evident the falcon had mixed feelings about letting the woman go. Ellise before her capture had been a violent enough sort and her animal instincts were probably warring with her own thoughts of pity for the symenestra's treatment at his hands.

"She was trying to steal from me. You know what happens then…" he crooned reassuringly to the falcon on his arm before letting her down to sit upon the bed.

He took the time to change into a loincloth and take out a copper miza, though he still kept his weapon harness with his kukri in it. It was the only weapon he took into the springs with him, as it was light enough to swim with and so long as he took care of the weapon afterwards with a bit of oil and cloth it didn't seem to rust.

He rested a little to let the headache subside and took a few large drinks of water before getting ready for the springs. When he was finished changing he took a small copper miza and placed it in his palm before turning towards the door. Out of the corner of his eye , the rogue saw Ellise just sitting on the edge of the bed, mewling wistfully. With that thought in mind he stopped to crouch down in front of her to wonder if she had been hurt in the fight with Shai. The falcon chortled a little before opening her caw to blow a small breeze at him with her air reimancy and the rogue smiled a little at her jest. But he was still going to assess if she was injured. Clearing his mind he meditated on a single image, the image of a frozen waterfall he used as a focus so many times before.

When he felt he was ready he surged the djed to eyes as began to look over the falcon's form, luckily espying no injury which he could have seen.

That was fortunate.

What was unfortunate was that at that moment a very peculiar short man was beginning to play voice tricks. That wasn't the interesting part though. What was interesting was the radiating waves that he could See in radiating waves when the voice came to his ears, followed by the peculiar sensation that all mages could feel when there was some sort of djed use going by. He couldn't make out all the words clearly over how it made his head hurt but he could discern his alias being used followed by some sort of doubt inside his head.

Doubt?

'No! This was magic, magic of some sort! Something he was unfamiliar with! That lead to one thing: Anger... which lead to rage... which lead to wanting to kill anything that moved.

Reaching over to pull his gladius off the bed he unsheathed it and padded silently to the door as the voices started. Kill them for their interference... Make them pay for it...... Make them show you how they did that trick again. Make them utter it so you can watch it patterns until their throats are bleeding from the efforts-

'No.... No! He was not going to have any more trouble like he had with Canali, not if he was to fight as well. Taking a deep breath Noth calmed himself and settled his djed a moment before smiling, whomever was out there he may just have to kill. But it would be a clean death. One free of any wasted effort. Shifting the gladius to his left hand , the rogue reached up to draw his kukri from its sheathe before tapping the door handle to unset the latch before pushing it open quickly with his foot.

"You and what army, Jackdales!" Noth snarled as his hand flashed back, and the kukri was snapped forwards, only to be pulled wide at the last moment of recognition. It stuck into the side wall, after clearing about an inch above the intruding man's shoulder as none other then Bob Barton was standing there. Unfazed and half on instinct the gladius was revolved around the wrist of his left hand and thrust forwards in a stab on the far side of the man's head as Antar bent down to look the masked man in the eye before speaking angrily. "Myri's Holy tiger's Golden Balls! I could have killed you you petching git! What the hell are you trying to do? Get yourself killed or bring half the place running?!?"

The rogue's arms tensed as he withdrew the blades and cursed loudly as stepped back out of Bob's reach to sheathe his blades back into his weapon harness. The loin cloth wearing man crossed his arms and popped his knuckles as he glared at Bob a moment before he spat one last thing out. "You know... I think you might deserve to be used as a bit of equipment for my daily exercise for this one Bob! But since you're the second person to interrupt me today, I'll at least give you an option to change first."

Five minutes later after finally getting the nice old woman who ran the place to lock his door, the sound of footsteps rushing towards the springs would be heard by the denizens within as a loincloth wearing white haired man with a copper coin in his teeth ran out into the communal area with a shorter Bob Barton held high above his head. With a single heave, the rogue would toss the dwarfish human far out into the common pool with a large splash only to be submerged underwater two or three feet from the ladies of shai and Zandelia.

Dusting off his hands and stretching a bit, Noth would congratulate himself a little before jumping into the pool in the waist high area smiling as if he had been pleased with himself. From the doorway Ellise, the white haired rogue's falcon, would come into the bathing area chortling up a storm as she falcon rolled on the ground to express her laughter.

oocI'll let you say if Bob changed into a loincloth or not in the time antar gave him XD. If bob tries to speak to Antar in the convening time, all Antar will do is smile and not say a word as he glares at him. XD
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Eridanus on November 12th, 2011, 10:09 am

Eridanus nodded in understanding as Zenai told him the constraints he was in, though honestly he would not be able to relate to that, for Sunberth was not his kind of place. Perhaps his heart had been stolen by Alvadas already, for he found it hard to form an attachment to the lawless city, though he had formed quite a number of friendships in this hell-hole, and he knew that he would miss them. Zenai asked him about the rest of their group and Eri responded with a shrug, he had no idea where they were though logically speaking they should be somewhere in the area. Zenai had apparently spotted someone, for he rose from his position and motioned for the Ethaefal to follow him.

As they walked, Eri marvelled at the many different kinds of people and bodies around, of contrasting heights, girth, muscle tone and attractiveness. Some were simply covered by loin-clothes, some were completely nude and were not bothered by the leering from other men especially if they were attractive women, and a small number in the loose robes like the Ethaefal. As they neared another pool, Eri recognized two females he had met, Shai and Zandelia. He had never seen them in anything less than leather armour, and he briefly scanned them, appreciating the beauty in their forms, one thin and long-limbed while the other more full-formed that would appeal to the majority of human males.

As they entered the pool to join the ladies, there was a commotion and he followed everyone's glances to see a tall white-haired male striding into the common area quite purposefully, holding a struggling midget up in the air. He recognized these two to be his friends Anthony and Bob, and he wondered what kind of trouble did Bob get himself into to be manhandled in such a manner.

Eri curiously directed a bit of djed into his eyes and he studied Anthony's aura from afar, the distance decreasing the details he was able to pick out. He felt a slight drain on his body, and he shut it down after discovering a few things, such as the slightly swirling mist around the rogue that signified an aura that had been disturbed by magic use earlier. The Ethaefal wondered if Anthony's use of magic had anything to do with the way Bob is being manhandled.

His thoughts were interrupted when Anthony, quite unbelievably, decided to punt Bob straight into the pool, the midget flying forward like a sort of humanoid cannon ball and creating a large splash as he entered the pool involuntarily. As the destination of this midget missile was only a few feet from him, the waves created as a result of the impact crashed over the four of them, and he closed his eyes to prevent his eyeballs from being singed by the heat. It was quite a refreshing feeling though, to have his entire body caressed by the warm, cleansing water.

The rogue followed by dusting his hands in a self-satisfied manner and he jumped into the pool himself. Eri waved to the rogue in an off-hand manner and when he caught Anthony's eye, he would grin and give the man a thumbs-up for the comical enactment. He did not know why, but the sight of the wiry human punting a dwarf a little taller than half his height brought tears of mirth to his eyes.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

PreviousNext