[Baroque Bay] Salvaging the Future (Open)

A group of Taggers including Zenai are salvaging debris, corpses, and wreckage that have washed up on the bays and beaches of Sunberth.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Zenai on November 28th, 2011, 12:34 am

Eridanus mimicked every Zenai’s attack and their combined strength quickly overcame the captain. They locked their weapons together and tried to overwhelm the captain through sheer physical strength. The captain tried to mutter something but Zenai quickly released his weapon and Eridanus followed suit. Zenai raised his weapon again for another attack. Eridanus copied his move and brought down his own long swords with Zenai’s talon swords. The Zeltivan blocked their first attack but the second round of attacks was too much for the captain and his hands were unable to hold on to the rapier. The captain just collapsed onto the sandy beach and laid there. Zenai had forgotten his objectives and raised his weapon again to finish off the captain but the beaten man quickly raised his left arm and declared, “Parley! Laviku’s Mercy! Parley!” The Tagger stopped halfway through his slash and the tips of the blades barely touched the skin on his neck. Eridanus also bade Zenai for calm and to negotiate the captain. Zenai nodded and drew his sword away. “Alright, we will parley but it shall be on our terms.” Carsten then came over. “Good job, Guppie and good job to your little friends. Now, onto business…”

Carsten waved for Zenai to help her tie up the captain. They grabbed the captain by the arms and pulled him upright before putting his arms behind his back and tying both his hands together. “Got it, Guppie?” Zenai nodded and threw the rope to Carsten’s side so she could finish the knot. “There. That should keep you nice and tight. Now…” Carsten grabbed him by the armpits and tried to make him stand but the captain groaned in pain because of the injury to his leg made it difficult for him to walk, let alone stand. “Petch. Guppie, help the captain to the wagon.” Zenai saluted and had the captain use Zenai as a crutch. “Also…” Carsten took a handkerchief from one of the captain’s pockets and stuffed it into his mouth. “That should keep you quiet. Also Zenai, patch the captain up. We don’t want him dying on us when we bring him to Old Legs.” Zenai simply nodded and brought the captain to where the wagon was. Hopefully, Eridanus would help Zenai with carrying the captain back otherwise it’s going to be a very slow walk. Carsten, as leader of the salvage crew, picked up the captain’s rapier and examined it. “This will fetch us a mighty fine pile of mizas.” She looked over to Bob who’s guarding the chest the captain was hard-pressed to protect from the rest of the scavengers and scums of the beach. “You, midget, bring that chest over to the wagon. I think we can split its contents as a reward, Old Legs’ willing.” Bob better bring that chest over otherwise he might be overrun by those scavengers. Better to be in the safety of the Taggers and friends rather than deal with those scavengers alone. Either way, the scavengers are fighting amongst each other and accused each other of cheating while some are calling their bets invalid. It was a pathetic scene.

The wagon was still where it was and Lug was in the process of being lifted onto the wagon. The leg wound he sustained would need to be looked at. Being on the same boat, the captain was tossed in alongside Lug who growled at the captain. “Lug, play nice. Keep the captain safe while we finished up.” Carsten ordered Lug as she threw the rapier into the wagon full of their spoils as well as the injured. Lug just grunted and put his meaty arms around the captain to keep nice and warm. Zenai then proceed to dress their wounds; nothing more than just torn pieces of cloth wrapped around their injuries. It would have to do as Zenai wasn’t exactly a good doctor himself. Zenai took the quiet spell to lay down against the wagon and in its shade. All of them present and accounted for, Carsten addressed them all, “Good work. We have a wagon full of loot as well as injured. We would probably want to get a doctor to see to their injuries.” She turned to Bob and Eridanus. “I assume you are Zenai’s acquaintances? Thanks for the assist. I’ll try to persuade Old Legs’ to give you a bit of a reward and the share of whatever there is in that chest that petching captain was guarding. Anyway, I think we’re done here so you got about ten chimes before we set off. Got it?” Carsten then jumped into the wagon to check on their loot and spoils. “Zenai! Get this chest open!” She was referring to their newly acquired loot. Zenai complied and jump into the wagon as well.

He grabbed his rock that he left in the wagon earlier and used it to take a few bashed to the chest’s lock like he did to the other chests. He bashed at the padlock specifically the shackle which Zenai thought was the weakest part of the padlock. He bashed a few times but he didn’t even scratch it. He bashed it again but puts more power into it. However, Zenai only managed to get a couple of scratches on it this time. Zenai raised his rock high above his head and bring it down against the padlock with all his might but instead of damaging the padlock, the rock broke apart. His hand was hurt from the process. “Petch!” Zenai swear and tried to rub the pain out of his right hand with his left. Carsten had been observing the whole thing. “That’s one good lock. We would probably need a professional to get it open.” “Or a really good picklock.” Zenai chimed in and still rubbing at his sore hand. Carsten merely nodded, still trying to figure out a way to get the chest open. Done trying to figure out a way, she called to the others, “You louts done yet?”

OOCOkay, time to wrap up so do your last posts then I'll send this for grading. Also, Dhal; if you want, you can patch up Lug and the captain. I think Old Legs' can pay you for your troubles.
Green is when I'm speaking Common.
Blue is when I'm thinking in my Mind.
Teal is when everybody else is speaking.
Red is when I'm speaking Nari.
Zenai
Old Legs' Tagger

Words: 201414
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 2:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Finesse on November 28th, 2011, 5:43 am

Finesse had heard enough for the day. She was feeling tired once more, and left the tree, floating off back out towards her humble abode. She made sure to keep low to the ground, and bouncing from roof to roof more than actually flying. She would conserve energy more this way. No one in the streets below saw her, which was perfectly fine by her standards. It was quite convenient that people tended to watch their own feet rather then look at the sky. Also, she took the less populated roads. Once home, she curled up on her bed and slept for the rest of the day.

[OOC: Short and sweet. Not much else to do.]
We are but dust in the wind.
Finesse
The Zith Daywalker

Words: 6439
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2011, 10:05 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Eridanus on November 28th, 2011, 4:36 pm

Eri found himself bolstered by the chemistry that he and Zenai somehow had, and with unison the two of them slowly broke down the captain's defence, wearing him down in a battle of attrition that would surely shift in their own favour. It was only a matter of time when they finally achieved their goal, and the final impact of their combined blow overwhelmed the captain's defence, allowing Eri to step in to deliver the kick that knocked the captain onto the sand. Zenai somehow seemed lost in his combat trance, and proceeded to decapitate the defeated Zeltivan. Eri quickly lunged his blade forward to protect the captain, the familiar clash of long sword against talon sword suddenly reminding Zenai of their original objective.

The captain asked for mercy, and that probably helped to bring Zenai back to his senses, leaving him to lessen the pressure on his blades. Eri sheathed his blades as Zenai's partner came forward to congratulate them on their victory, helping to securely tie the prisoner up. When they were done, she barked a series of instructions around, and Eri moved over to help Zenai lift the captain. Together, they achieved what one man could not do, for the Zeltivan was surprisingly heavy for his size. He grunted as he helped Zenai to support the captain, and it took them quite a while to lift the man up into the wagon. After the adrenaline of combat died down he found that his muscles were much more weary than he expected, and the use of flux had further tired his muscles.

Carsten mentioned the idea of a reward, and Eri nodded in gratitude. He had not really expected a reward for he had merely been helping his friend, though he was quite intrigued about what really happened in the ship that caused the captain to survive and somehow insisted on keeping that particular chest. He helped to lug the heavy chest over, his body protesting at the use of his tired muscles. Zenai bashed the lock several times to find that it was somehow not opening, and Eri placed his hands on his friend's shoulder to get his attention, "Here, let me try."

The vantha squatted down to get a closer look at the chest. It would look like he was examining the lock to the others, and he was indeed examining the lock, just not physically. He focused on the djed within him, and the urge to redirect more streams increased. He cleared his thoughts away one at a time, shaking off these destructive impulses and focused only on consuming the djed rather than directing it. He did so in small amounts, focusing on the aura of the lock and he especially focused on the physical and internal structure of the contraption.

He frowned as he fumbled with the lock, letting himself get more angles of perception at the device as he drowned out other thoughts and other uses of auristics that he did not need, focusing only on the physical structure, and soon he found certain cracks in the lock's aura that coincided physically with the places where the structure was weak. There were several new cracks that appeared where Zenai had bashed the lock, and he scratched a chin thoughtfully as his mind continued to process the information, figuring out the best way to proceed.

Finally, he came to a solution, and the vantha shut down the flow of djed into his eyes, confident that he had no need for further observation. He stepped back up, using his boots to hammer several times at the lock's side to increase the magnitude of the cracks he had seen earlier, and when he was satisfied he drew his assassin's dagger, poking at the edge of the arch of the lock. After a few chimes later of determined wiggling, the combined stress caused the dagger to successfully wedge into the lock and he angled his knife, the final impact causing the lock to spring open.

He grinned at Zenai, wondering what kind of treasures they would find in the chest. Regardless, he would comply with the taggers and help bring the cargo back to Zenai's employer, for he did not wish to get his friend into trouble for doing his job. He would try to secure the captain's safety though, for he wished to talk further with the Zeltivan as he himself had been a temporary Zeltivan for sixteen seasons years ago.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Dhalvasha on December 2nd, 2011, 5:54 pm

From his lofty perch, Dhalvasha watched the barbarians have at each other with blades and barely repressed masculinity issues. It was always the lot of humans to fight, to kill, to murder each other in some grotesque ritual of natural culling. Certainly he couldn't say Symenestra did not exhibit some of the same earmarks of violence, but they were predisposed to preservation, being so few in number. Humans? Humans were like rats crowding the edges of towns. It was only a matter of time before they turned on each other and consumed the flesh from every bone.

The ship had yielded enough treasures for one day, and the mystery of what happened was not nearly so important as the process of examination. Dhalvasha held what he had found close, belting the weapons to his waist before scuttling down the side of the ship to meet the salty spray again. The water was cool on his feet, a reminder of the sea's ever present power here on the bay. The ship existed, floated, survived by the grace of weather, chance, and fine craftsmanship...and in the end the error had been human in nature, no one to blame but the crew that put her to port.

Ah well.

Two had already crawled across the deck in search of treasure, two who had scarcely afforded him a glance. Perhaps he was invisible here, so slight and pale he might as well be smoke on the wind or the glare of sunlight. Dhalvasha never fancied himself a spy, but the lack of sheer attention anyone paid the phantom was enough to have the doctor wonder just how powerful ignorance and stupidity really was.

He could have killed either of them...and they would not have even turned around for the courtesy of a dying gurgle.

Approaching the party of scavengers, Dhalvasha put out both hands palm out toward them, smiling as he raised them up.

"Pardon me," he began, catching the attention of several.

Good, I'm not invisible.

"My name is Dhalvasha Hysal, a surgeon in the employ of the good Doctor back in Sunberth. I could not help but notice you have wounds in need of treatment...and the beach, among all these corpses..." he tutted quietly, tongue clicking on the inside of his mouth. "Well, if those wounds aren't seen to immediately, you may risk infection." It wasn't completely a lie, but to the one who seemed in charge, Dhalvasha layered the words with Hypnotism, a bare push toward enough unease to make his words ring coldly. "I require only a nominal fee for practicing my craft...and may I remind you gentlemen that my employer is far less...gentle, than I."

He continued holding up his hands, non-threatening, but the barest lace of promise in his smiling words. The Doctor in Sunberth had a reputation...it was unlikely many would chance their personal health with a man of such ill repute unless they had to.

Luckily, Dhalvasha offered alternative services for affordable prices.

Anything to put food on the table...and notes in his books.
Dhalvasha
Experimental Surgeon

Words: 113280
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2011, 7:40 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Zenai on December 4th, 2011, 2:08 am

To DhalvashaI figured you need some details on the wounded and something to work with so you can get your Medicine skill up.

Carsten grabbed the hilt of her sword when she saw the “man” approached, figuring he would be another scavenger thinking he could take a jab at their group of salvagers. However; when the man put up his hands as a sort of peace sign and who introduced himself as Dhalvasha, Carsten let go of her weapon but didn’t drop her guard. “It is a wonder that how lucky we are that it is such a coincidence to have a doctor in the midst of all this.” Carsten examined the “doctor” to see whether he was the real thing. “You look the part especially since you look cleaner than the rest of us and what you say is true; we don’t want any of us to die of a simple wound.” She thumbed back at the wagon where Lug and captain sat as well as Zenai and Eridanus was checking the loot. “Have a go at the injured but be aware that you’re surrounded and any false moves will see to it that you will be missing your limbs.” Carsten smiled menacingly before letting Dhalvasha through.

Dhalvasha would have seen that the wounds were treated with nothing more than pieces of cloth soaked in sea water and wrapped tightly around the injuries. If Dhalvasha took off the “bandage” off of Lug’s two legs, the doctor would have surmised that the deep-cutting wound would have been from rapier; something Dhalvasha had already witness firsthand if he paid any attention to the confrontation earlier. The wound is deeper than you would normally expect and it is a wonder that the big fellow had the constitution to not die from the wound itself. Deeper inspections would yield that it almost cut right into the bone and any closer would have slice the bones. Other than that, Lug was just pale; probably from the loss of blood. Lug would growl at the approaching doctor but a hushed whisper from Carsten calmed the ogre down so Dhalvasha can work on him properly.

The captain had a slightly different problem; instead of being slashed at by a clean rapier, his left leg was stabbed at with a rusty knife by one of the scavengers or so the story goes and told by Zenai. The captain wasn’t so fortunate and if the surgeon had the skill, he could tell that the tip of the blade had broken off and was stuck in the captain’s tibia. Also the infection from the rust would be life-threatening if it wasn’t treated immediately. In addition; if the doctor was familiar with magic especially flux, he could discern that the captain, in using his flux, was putting more pressure on his already wounded body. Some of the wounds were slightly older than the rest. Perhaps the day before? Some of the relatively older wounds seem to have opened up, probably from his extreme use of flux, and would need to be taken care of. The captain would have sat there almost lifeless but mostly too tired to move any of his limbs; much easier to handle than the big fellow next to him.
Zenai
Old Legs' Tagger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dhalvasha on December 5th, 2011, 3:49 am

He barely afforded his dissenters with a glance, stepping toward the injured and examining them for a moment before kneeling beside the first. The big man stared back at him, his eyes narrowed and suspicious. To them, Dhalvasha offered a smirk, catching his eyes and pouring a conduit of Djed into his aura. Relaxation was the key to this operation and if the big fellow resisted, well...there may be some unexpected complications. The Symenestra offered only calm and easy feelings to the behemoth, a mantra of assurances to slow his breathing and relax the muscles tensing around the wound.

Removing the makeshift bandage, Dhalvasha fell on the wound with nimble fingers and black claws, examining it closely for a moment before unhooking the bag at his side. Inside were the tools he needed, needle and thread for the stiching part and a ration of alcohol to sterilize.

Taking a piece of wood from the bag, he handed it up to the big man, eyes not leaving the wound. "Bite down on this," Dhalvasha ordered, uncorking the alcohol and poising it over the gash, "I have nothing to ease the pain so you'll have to bare it this time." Pausing, the doctor afforded the giant a glance and a small smile, "That won't be a problem for you...will it?"

Grunting, the giant took the wood and set it firmly against his teeth, biting down. "Good," the surgeon dismissed, pouring some of the bottle over the wound, "We can begin." Lug growled into the wood and Dhalvasha wasted no time stringing the needle and plunging into the edge of the gash. His nimble fingers wove in and out of the line, a practiced movement from his days at the Purging. In and out the latticed line arced across the cut as Lug snarled his pain against the stout chunk of wood. The operation did not take long, one black claw slicing the thread cleanly and tying its end before rewrapping the wound with clean bandages. Straightening, he snatched the wood from Lug's mouth and placed a hand against the wound on his leg, pushing down. Lug growled, but Dhalvasha held up a hand. "Don't exert yourself, or the stitches will come undone. The wound was deep and you'll need a few weeks off of heavy labor while the cut seals completely...any more and you risk an infection."

Turning to the captain, Dhalvasha clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth with obvious disdain. The man was hardly in fit condition to walk around, his chest rose and feel with strained breaths and his entire being seemed to sag against the floor. Sighing, Dhalvasha cut away his shirt and removed the excess cloth around the cut on his leg. It was remarkable how far humans could get with such little treatment, but this fellow would not survive long if infection set in. Taking a small vial of water from his bag he doused the cut, cleaning out some of the coagulating blood like blistered blots on his skin. The glint of metal caught his eye, sharp against the high sun and Dhalvasha leaned down for a better look. Indeed it seemed as though a bit of the metal was in the cut itself, a poor fate for the bastard if he lived long beyond interrogation. Pushing limp strands of hair from his face, the Symenestra placed the wood in his mouth and pushed down his jaws. Without much warning, black claws plunged into his flesh, gripping at the shard of dagger while the captain lurched with sudden agonizing pain. "Hold him!" the doctor ordered, spitting the command to the humans surprised on either side. One did as he said, catching the flailing arms and keeping the man from bucking the Widow, and Dhalvasha yanked the piece from his bone with sudden ferocity. Holding it between two claws like some minuscule prize, he examined the rusted edges and faded color with grim disappointment. He could clean the cut fine with what he had, but the possibility smaller bits of metal had already shattered in the mans body meant there was little he could do presently. Like with most medicine at the end, one had to simply hope the body had it in it to survive.

"You'll need a second opinion in a day or two," he said at last, flicking the tiny shard away among the sand, "If he gets sick, you'll need more supplies than I have on me."

The stitching was quick, cleaning out the cut with the remainder of his alcohol before putting his equipment away. A lot of the wounds were old and twisted, growing back together crooked...but there was little he could do about that.

Beads of sweat crowded his pale forehead and he drew back from the men, wiping his hands of blood and sighing.

"Unless any of you have the mizas to spare for these mens treatment, I suggest you send your coin to the Clinic." He glanced back at the man he spoke to first, cocking his head sideways and grinning, "I wouldn't suggest crossing the men who see to your health, after all...we know your bodies best,"

Standing, he brushed sand from his clothes and stretched, cracking his neck, "And we know where they are weak." His hand hovered over Lug's leg briefly before withdrawing. "Now," he began, "If you gentlemen are finished with your spoils, I would enjoy a trip back to Sunberth if you've room on your wagon."
Dhalvasha
Experimental Surgeon

Words: 113280
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2011, 7:40 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Bob Barton on December 6th, 2011, 4:18 pm

There was a weakness with the whip that Bob soon found out. The time he took to draw it back to release it again was just too long and it gave the other scavengers a window of opportunity to advance if they knew how to do it and it got dangerously close to that point. "Do you want more?" Bob asked whipping another blow at another scavenger but the more he hit the less it stung them and slowly they began to come closer. Bob spied the one coming to the side as he raised his arm so the the whip will fly from the bottom up to hit the body and another one opposite that so he continued moving to hit that one on the head. After that more started coming and Bob's arm barely hit as it begun to get tired and started moving much slower until he heard the woman who told him to bring the chest. "I will show you who you are calling a midget. I am the captain here now that the fake one is subdued!" and keeping up with his authoritative tone he told the rest of the people around him to "let me through. You don't want to get the lady mad do you?"

The dangerous situation was not lost on Bob and he kept the whip away to take up his sword and the chest not worrying about his attackers anymore because once the woman had announced their...alignment, all he said was "she might set those dogs which took down the captain on you guys too" to get them to pause and think. Yes that would be a lot more scarier because "they are far more vicious and brutal than my own dog." Well, not so much with Zenai who just fights because he has to but the group did not have to know that "so, if you would let me go on my way please?" he asked as he tried to lift up the chest but it was wayyyyyy to heavy so he tried asking for some "help? Jinsen?" which as much as the dog would want to it just lacked the thumbs. One Captain Barton had to do the work on his own since he was lacking a crew and tried to drag the chest along the sand. Of course his charismatic appeal got some people who wanted to help him, or were those scavengers who wanted to get at the chest under those pretenses?

Bob could see it in their face much like his own for what he really wanted and he will not have that. Not especially when there is a promise of a share of the loot and anymore "help" would reduce it. So he dropped the chest and took out his sword aiming a stab at the hand which got really close to the other handle and sliced at its side making another dissatisfied scavenger but at least forcing the rest to back out. His new victim whipped out a dagger which Bob saw of course since he was trying to scare off the midget by making a big show of it but Bob did not give him the opportunity. Before the dagger could fully be taken out, Bob's sword went straight again in a quick thrust at the hand and sliced it one more time with the man giving a howl and backing off. "Don't get any ideas when I am trying to get the chest!" and Bob went back to focusing on dragging the chest to his group because "Jinsen is already good enough for you lot. Jinsen?" he called out to his dog after warning off the rest of the dogs "make sure you don't let anyone get close to me." By close what Bob actually meant was the perimeter around him which he pointed out to Jinsen after pulling it towards the border.

What Jinsen actually thought was that it was only following and allowed another few scavengers to try their luck with Bob shouting "get them!" which because it did not get the dog to act he gave a hard push with his leg at the dog while growling for it to "attack!" while the dog did its work warding off the scavengers, Bob got the chest close enough to the group to tell them to "help me with this you sea dogs. You have no idea just how heavy this is do you?" especially for someone like Bob even with some akalak conditioning. And after that Bob was just too exhausted to get the lock open allowing just whoever to do it if they wanted "as long as I get my share" and he was not the only one. Some doctor came to have a share of the action who referred back to the good "Doctor" in Sunberth whose reputation is also known to Bob. Bob was already rather annoyed so he gave the comment that "it is not like you have a proper reputation of your own right? The good doctor would be more justified than paying your overpriced fee as it is a lot more disadvantageous for us" or Bob because it might mean his share will become a lot less.

Despite that it did not actually stop Bob from watching what the self proclaimed doctor did. It has been a long time since Bob has seen medical procedure in action since he left his uncle so it was a force of habit for him to watch what was being done. Just the normal sort of things with the gag and weird liquid that Bob could not tell. "Anesthetic?" or not after hearing that there was nothing to ease the pain so it has to be "something for the wound?" obviously since it was poured into it. "What is it?" Bob asked just for him to know in case he could use it next time. If the doctor took offence he could just say that "we need to know in case someone uses it as an excuse to make you lose a limb" as stated earlier. After the stitches begun Bob went to take a rest with his friend since it was so routine and boring having witnessed it so many times before but there was something interesting with this one today as he suddenly called out for help but Bob did not help. He just stood behind watching for what was the complication and because of the red fleshy bits, it took until he saw the metal being fished out to know what he was supposed to be looking for.

With all that done Bob went back to the wagon to try and get a spot as well before the doctor could but it was so full of things over there so he asked if "we are going back to split the loot first? Or should I come by another day?" Bob did not like threats but since he was as much as an outsider as the doctor he knew it was not directed at him and he would like to see how the group handled it just in case he got shortchanged too with the reward that he was promised.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Zenai on December 14th, 2011, 7:25 pm

“Guppie, go and help your little friend over there.” Carsten pointed to Bob who doesn’t exactly have the upper, or even lower, body strength to drag the chest all by himself. The dog, Jinsen was running around and trying to chase off the scavengers but as they got closer to the wagon guarded by heavily-armed mercenaries, most if not all of them decided that they weren’t going to pick a fight and left Bob well enough alone. “Come on, Bob; lemme carry that for you. Thanks for the help.” Zenai relieved Bob of his duty and carried the chest back to the wagon where Zenai tried to open it alongside their other spoils of the bay.

However, he had failed to do so and eventually; Eridanus stepped in to try his hand at it and succeeded. “Well, well, well… Looks like the Guppie needs a few lessons in lockpicking. Good work, pretty boy. I’ll try to get Old Legs’ to give you a share of the loot alongside the midget.” Zenai just sighed and went on to try to patch the captain and Lug. As if the world wanted to emphasize that Zenai was a useless petcher, a Symenestra came out of nowhere to offer his medical expertise. He looks like the honest type or, at least, brave enough to claim himself a doctor under the patronage of Sunberth’s more infamous medical physician.

Carsten had accepted his help and Dhalvasha, as he called himself, immediately got to work, undoing Zenai’s “battlefield” first-aid and applied his professional method to tend to the wounded. He had called upon some help with captain because he had no anesthetic and dug his claw into the captain’s leg wound. Zenai rushed to hold down the captain as he flayed about from the pain of having his wound invaded again by another sharp object. Dhalvasha quickly pulled a rusty piece of metal from the captain’s wound. Zenai surmised it must be from that dagger that one of scavengers used to plunge into the captain. Satisfied that he removed most of the foreign objects, the doctor patched up the captain as well.

“Loot? Check. Hostage? Check. Wounded? Check. Hanger-on’s? Not on the list but checked anyway. Alright, looks like we’re good to go.” Carsten had allowed Bob, Dhalvasha and Eridanus to ride on the wagon on their way back to Sunberth and Old Legs’ who would finally decide to reward the three with their services. Zenai opted to walk besides the wagon since he was still on the job and he should look like he’s actually doing something. Anyway, the wagon was already full of loot, wounded and the three unexpected helpers. Carsten took her rightful seat besides the tagger who’s driving the wagon before ordering them to move out. It was almost sun set by the time they decided to leave Baroque Bay for Sunberth and there was almost no more sunlight by the time they got to Old Legs’. They unloaded the “goods” and Carsten made some recommendations to Old Legs’ that Bob, Eridanus and Dhalvasha were to be rewarded for their help during the salvaging job, citing what they have done and the appropriate reward.
Zenai
Old Legs' Tagger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ink on January 8th, 2012, 4:48 pm

And in the Aftermath . . .

The Rewards are Revealed.

Zenai :
Rhetoric 1
Observation 1
Intimidation 1
Weapon (Talon Sword ) 4
Bodybuilding 2
Unarmed 1
Running 1
Dualwield 2
Medicine 1

Lore:
It Belongs To Legs if Legs Says it Does
Locks can be Broken with Rocks
Goods Mura Imports
Fighting in a Pair
Doctor Dhalvasha (Basic)
Baroque Bay (Basic)

Wounds:
A scar on the right side of his face from the Captain’s Rapier

Note: Please remember to make it a new paragraph each time a different character speaks. ^^

Antar :
Longbow 1
Investigation 1
Tracking 1
Intimidation 1

Lore:
Baroque Bay (Basic)

Loot:
Officer’s Uniform
Compass -100gm Selling price

Note: Loot reduced due to brevity of the posts.

Eridanus :
Auristics 2
Observation 2
Rhetoric 1
Longsword 2
Intimidation 1
Flux 3
Dual wield 3
Evasion 1

Lore:
Fighting in a Pair
Doctor Dhalvasha (Basic)
Baroque Bay (Basic)

Loot:
3 steel Daggers- 1gm x3 = 3gm selling price
4 coin purses – 40 gm
20gm payment

Note:
You cannot determine someone’s occupation from their aura, especially not at your Auristics level.

Auristics is not X-ray vision. That sort of use of auristics is expert or master online.

Also you’re overgiving, again, please watch out for this.

Dhalvasha :
Medicine 4
Observation 3
Hypnotism 2
Investigation 2
Climbing 1
Persuasion 1

Lore: Effects of Drowning on the Body (Basic)
Human Anatomy (Moderate)
Baroque Bay (Basic)

Loot
Crescent Sword- 15 gm selling price
20 gm payment

Bobby :
Observation 2
Hypnotism 2
Climbing 1
Cane sword 2
Brawling 2
Intimidation 2
Running 1
Rhetoric 1
larceny 1
Persuasion 1
Animal Husbandry 1
Whip 2
Body Building1

Lore:
Alias: Captain Barton
Baroque Bay (Basic)
Watching a Doctor Work

Loot:
Spyglass- 50 gm selling price
Zeltivan Captain’s Uniform,
20gm payment
1 broken monocle (No glass just the frame)- No Sell Value

Paul :
Jumping 1
Intimidation 1
Observation 1

Loot:
Rapier- 10gm selling price
Coat
Pants
Leather Gloves

Lore:
Baroque Bay (Basic)

Finesse :
Observation 1
Stealth 1

Written in the ink :
If there are any concerns or problems with my grading please feel free to toss me a PM. I am more than happy to explain my reasons or reevaluate them if you feel I've been unfair.

Ok, so there's a good chance I might missed something here; it happens when there are a ton of PCs in one thread. If that's the case just send me a pm.

Additionally, I have included the selling price for all items of value (IE not clothes) if you wish to sell them, they may be redeemed for those prices.

Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous