[Abashai's Scrapbook] A Breach in the Wall

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Jameson Kindle on October 2nd, 2011, 10:50 pm

Well very nice. :) I'll be sure to drop her the compliment. :)
Jameson Kindle
A blind man can see his mouth.

Words: 78246
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2011, 8:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Abashai on October 17th, 2011, 12:05 pm

The hardest thing I have ever done...

I am 45 years old. Suffice it to say i have had to do some difficult things. I have had to tell bosses I quit. I have had to break up with girls that I loved. I have had to make confessions that have nearly destroyed my marriage. But what I am about to do is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I am leaving Mizahar.

If it were just the game I was leaving, it would not be so difficult. We have all had to endure vanishing RP partners and abandoned threads, I think me above all. But what I have to do goes further. In reality, I am disappearing from online. That means ending friendships I have made over the past two years. It is a drastic thing to do, you might say. Well, the reasons are so compelling, critical and dire that I would make the painful decision to say goodbye to people I love for it.

My marriage is on the rocks, my job is not getting done and I am in constant distraction. I have tried to discipline myself, to control my activities. Jen knows I have pondered it for quite a while. Mizahar is not responsible for my problems. It is such is a wonderful, incredible place and it and all of you are so captivating that I want to totally lose myself in it. Mizahar is not the cause of my dilemmas, but my addiction to it is a symptom of a larger issue. My heart has been unfaithful to my family and my God. Yes, I am a christian, if a fallen one. Regardless of your beliefs, God is real to me...as real as any of you. 18 years ago I gave my life to him. Then I took it back, because I thought I knew better how to find my way. I set up idols above him, Mizahar being the greatest. I have not had peace since then.

I do not regret meeting my friends here. I love them. If I have told you I love you...then I do, and not like I love donuts or a sunny fall day, I mean I love you. You are some of the dearest, closest people to me. Each of you are amazing in your own unique way. But I have divided among many the love reserved for the one who has joined her life with mine. In my heart I have been unfaithful to her. I have made a mess, and people are going to be hurt. I regret that more than anything. I cannot express the grief I feel right now. But I also have a deep conviction that this is what I HAVE to do.

I don't expect everyone to understand my reasons, I wouldn't either, without knowing everything about me. You may even be offended, and I regret that, but I also understand. If things were different, I would never leave this place. I considered just vanishing without a word, thinking it would be easier for me. But I couldn't, I had to tell you why, I owe you all that much.

I may be gone, but I can never forget who you are, and to covet good things for your lives. I hope in time you can forgive me, wish me well, pray to your gods for me, as I will be to mine for you.

With all my heart, I wish you all health, happiness and peace. Goodbye.
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kikue on October 17th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Make sure you are happy, otherwise I'll come and haunt you. :P

Nah.... But now for real: Sorry to hear that m8. I hope everything fares you well and that you get your life sorted out. I wish you the best of luck and much happiness in life.
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Kikue
Avora Huntress

Words: 42025
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2011, 7:35 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cayenne on October 17th, 2011, 1:05 pm

Hey Mike,

I've thoroughly enjoyed writing with you, and I just want to wish you good luck and I hope that you do find peace and happiness.

Hope to see you on AIM, dude. <3
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Siiri on October 17th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Hey Bro,

As a fellow married man, I think I know what you're going through, more than you or anyone can ever know. We are not perfect, but we can strive to be better. And I applaud you for choosing that. I hope everything turns out for the better for you, and I hope in time you can come back to us as well.

Wishing you all best, Mike.

"You can’t predict how people will act... But you can control how you’ll respond. In the end, that’s what really matters."
-Commander Shepard, Mass Effect
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Satu on October 17th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Be well and happy dear friend. I understand.

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Gossamer on October 17th, 2011, 6:15 pm

We love you and you know you always have a home here if you need it.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Bolden Denusk on October 17th, 2011, 6:17 pm

Aw Mike, I'll miss you greatly! :'( Thank you for your friendship and good rp we've shared. :'(
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Rista on October 17th, 2011, 6:33 pm

May happiness always be with you.
Rista
Black-Eyes

Words: 505199
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Xalet on October 17th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Good luck my man. The more I read up on Mizahar, the more I saw that you had become a part of it's history. Best wishes for you, and if circumstances find you back here again one day, perhaps I'll be fortunate enough to write some history with you.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

PreviousNext