Wing

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Wing

Postby Wing on March 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm

Basic Information:

Race: ZithImage
Height: 4'10"
Weight: 94lbs
Date of Birth: Fall, 494 AV

Physical Description:

Physically fit, beautiful, and savage. Wing has the body of an angel, with the wings of a devil. She has long red hair that hangs down past her waist, and penetrating black eyes. She has soft bluish-gray fur that covers her entire body. Wing rarely wears clothing, but when she does she prefers stuff that compliments her physical attributes. More often than not, she simply folds her wings over her shoulders like a cloak.

Character Concept:

Wing is a Zith who wants to learn to blend in with human society. She is not trying to be a good guy, but knows that allowing herself to be ruled by her instincts will never get her into peoples good graces. She is a skilled hypnotist, and avid learner of anything that catches her interest. Her hope is to one day find a home among the civilized people of the world, without changing who she is in the process.

Character History

Wing was born in Din, an underground colony of Zith living somewhere near the center of the Cyphrus region. While most Zith colonies are savage places, Din is by far the worst. A place of instinctual creature driven by hunger and rage, the Zith of Din are barbaric and regularly hunt humans and other sentient creatures for food. What few slaves that have usually last only long enough to be fattened up before eaten. Wing was born among these Zith, but Wing was not like them. She was cruel, instinctual and savage to be sure. But she was also smart, and had a passion for learning that the other Zith of Din had no interest in. She would learn what she could about the outside world from the slaves before they were taken off to be eaten, a meal she often took part in herself. She learned to read, and to speak the common tongue, which most of her captives could speak.

One day Wing and the rest of the hunting party she was with spotted a small caravan traveling through the fields. Spotting only one armed man among them, they knew the caravan would be easy picking. But as they swooped down at the unsuspecting travelers they discovered how wrong they were. One of them threw back his cloak to reveal a row of knives, hurling one straight into the eye of the Zith next to Wing. Two others drew swords, along with the armed man.

Despite their numbers, many Zith were lost. Still, they managed to overwhelm the caravan until only the first armed man remained. His skill with the sword was moderate, but that was not why he lasted so long. He was enchanting. Every time one of them tried to attack him, they found themselves distracted and unable to focus, allowing him to cut them down. Wing was never much of a fighter, and until she found herself alone face to face with the armed man, she had tried to avoid him as much as possible. But now she was forced to turn his way.

Her instincts told her to run, but the moment she locked eyes with the man she couldn't move. He spoke something to her that she could barely here, but she got the distinct feeling that he would not harm her despite the long blade dripping the blood of her brothers and sisters. He drew her in, and to her credit, did not harm her. She found herself taken in by his eyes, and from that moment on was completely and utterly his devoted servant.

For two years she served the man, acting as a night scout and concubine. Whatever the man, who she knew only as Master, wanted, she did. The man did not seem to care that she helped destroy his entire caravan, and each time he came to town a new person joined them. None of them questioned her presence, and all of them were useful in some way that was good for the caravan. There was the guard, the blacksmith, the daytime scout, the cook, other concubines, and of course Wing herself. He was always kind, and never had reason to discipline any of them. They all followed his orders without question. Had it not been for the events that led to her eventual escape, Wing would still be with the Master now.

They had traveled all over, but this season they returned to Cyphrus and were on their way to the moving city of Endrykas. There was a webber among the Master's servants, and they had no trouble finding the city. The Master left the group, ordering them to watch the camp, while he and a few servants went into the city to trade. Wing was never allowed into cities, due to the general hostility held toward her kind, and she understood perfectly why the Master chose others over her. The others, however, were not always so understanding.

An hour after the Master left an argument broke out among one of the cooks and the concubines. Wing, who had been sleeping the daylight hours away, awoke and investigated the argument. Apparently the concubine claimed that the Master favored her over the others, and the only reason he did not take her into town this time was because he didn't want to cause jealously within the group. The cook believed he was the favorite, because he always made the Masters favorite meals. Wing knew she could not let this continue any longer, and joined in the argument, claiming that she was actually the favorite, having been with the master the longest, and they were both wrong.

The argument grew to heated levels, and Wing eventually lost control of herself and gave in to her baser instincts, murdering the concubine and severely injuring the cook. When the Master returned, he was furious. He beat Wing mercilessly, breaking a couple ribs in the process. He underestimated the fury of an angry Zith. His cruelty toward her broke the spell he'd lain on her, and had she been a lesser Zith she might have attacked him then and there. She knew he could not be beaten, not in out and out combat, by her, and so she waited.

Now free of his spell, she continued to serve him. She watched with first confusion, then wonder, then curiosity as he mesmerized new people and bent them to his will. She wondered at the fact that all of them served him so unquestioningly, sometimes doing things that went against their very nature. Every night while she stood watch she pondered over the matter, until she finally figured out that it must be some form of magic. She knew little of magic, as none of the captives from Din were wizards to speak of, and so she didn't know how one might begin to learn. So she continued to watch and think, becoming obsessed with watching him to the point of staying awake even during the day.

Eventually they arrived at a town and he left, ordering her to stay in her tent and not come out. After she was sure he was gone, she came out and found one of the newer members of the caravan and made her first attempt at trying to Hypnotize him. It took some doing, but she'd been studying a master, and she eventually got him to leave the camp, though only for a short while. She convinced him not to tell the Master about it, either, unless specifically asked. It was more than just words that helped her, it was something inside her that led power to her words.

She continued to practice while the master was away, developing her skills over the next few months, and learned that words were not always necessary. When she finally worked up the courage to sneak away from camp and try it on somebody fresh, it was exhilarating. At first the man she found tried to run in terror, but she chased him and made him trust her. She led him away from town and killed him, delighting in the first uncooked meal she'd been able to eat since being found by the Master.

A month later she went to her Master's tent, a seductive look in her eye and a smile on her lips. He happily accepted her into his bed, which was already filled with two other women, and she went to work on him. When she thought he was distracted enough she dropped the act, but somehow he knew. The moment her thoughts changed to murder his eyes narrowed, as if he could see the change in her mind, and he told her to stop. The force of his words were almost impossible to resist, but she knew what he was doing, and it drove her into a rage that was impossible to overcome. Her claws found his way to his neck, and the warm blood that spilled over her hands was the most wonderful thing she'd ever felt. The other girls ran screaming from the tent as she devoured her former Master, and when she came out all of them stood waiting. The spell had been broken. She had freed them, and they knew it.

In a normal situation, they probably would have killed her for what she'd done to the man formerly known as Master. But because they all had been slave to the mans charm, they let her go. Wing left the caravan and eventually found her way back to Din, where she began to practice her craft on her brethren. She soon had a following of loyal Zith, though her power was nowhere the magnitude of the Masters. Her craft was crude, and she often had to force thoughts into their heads. It worked, but she knew she would not find what she needed in Din if she wanted to master the art.

For about a month before she left she spent as much time as possible among the slaves, learning as much as she could about society. She knew that it would be hard to overcome the racial prejudices about the Zith but if she pretended to play the kind repentant, with a little bit of magical help, perhaps people would begin to trust her and she could master her art. Art, for that is what it had become to her. It was a useful tool, but to her it was more than that. It was a passion.

Notes to Self :
35th Day of Winter, 505 AV - Captured by the Master
69th Day of Winter, 507 AV - Returned to Din
81st Day of Winter, 509 AV - Left Din

Thread List:

Flashbacks:
35th Day of Winter, 505 AV - No Ordinary Hunt (Graded)
Spring, 510 AV
4th Day of Spring, 510 AV - Wing Arrives in Riverfall
Summer, 510 AV
14th Day of Summer, 510 AV - Hunting for Scraps (graded)
Summer, 511 AV
14th Day of Summer, 511 AV - Is this Syliras?
15th Day of Summer, 511 AV - The Winding Way
18th Day of Summer, 511 AV - The Secret Language (Graded)
25th Day of Summer, 511 AV - Meeting at the Memorium
77th Day of Summer, 511 AV - A Sea of Faces
83rd Day of Summer, 511 AV - Silence in the Mist
Last edited by Wing on August 17th, 2011, 3:21 am, edited 17 times in total.
Wing
Player

Words: 37851
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2010, 11:18 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Interview with a Zith

Postby Wing on March 19th, 2010, 11:31 pm

Interview With a Zith

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Call me Wing.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
My real name cannot be spoken, so you can call me Wing.
3. How old are you? 14
4. What is your height? I am nearly five feet tall.
5. What is your weight? 94lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I am fast, smart, and cunning. I am passionate, and an avid learner. I wish to make a place for myself in the world, but at the same time I know that I will not be accepted. I don't want your friendship, per se, but I want respect. I am not the savage beast you imagine when you think of the Zith.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. They see me as they see all the Zith. A raging monster that wants eat you. Just because I think you might be tasty, it doesn't mean I will actually eat you.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My hair.
4. How physically fit are you? Very. The Zith must stay fit, or we will be perish.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I rarely wear clothing, so I do not know.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My parents were everything you would imagine a Zith to be. What else can I say?
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Many.
3. What is your extended family like? Cruel, passionate, playful (in a bloody kind of way.)
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I have never had a true friend, though I am intereste what it would be like to have one.
5. Do you treat animals like family? I usually treat animals like food.

1. Where were you born? I was born in Din.
2. Where do you live now? No where. I am going to try Riverfall, if they'll let me in.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? A big city, full of new things to learn and experience.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? What is a vacation?
5. Where do you fear to be? Back in Din. I do not want to become like my brothers and sisters.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) No.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? I write with my left hand.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak the common tongue, and our own language. I am interested in learning others.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I do not find anything about myself odd. Perhaps others do, but I don't. My defining characteristic would be that I am a Zith. It marks me as a monster, and sometimes I may live up to that title. But other times, I can be kind, passionate. I love to learn, and I find "civilized" society very interesting.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ? Perhaps peircings, but you could not see my tatoo's unless I shaved.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I do not have a job.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? The only work I have done, I loved very much, though I was under a spell, so I'm not sure if that counts.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? Myself, but without everyone hating me. Fearing me is fine, but do not hate me for what I am.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? I admire the smith. To turn steel into armor or a weapon.. I would like to learn this. I also admire the musician. The sounds they make are magical.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? I did not enjoy being a slave, once I realised what was happening. But slaves serve their purpose, so can't say I don't like them.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Curious, to the point of getting into trouble. I liked spending time with the slaves. Its how I learned to speak your language.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? I remember the first time I read something without help from one of the slaves. It was a simple list of goods held in the caravan we'd just attacked, but still. I read it all by myself.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? I come from Din. There are too many to choose.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? They raised me. At one point, I would have died to protect them. Now, I would rather not be around them.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? The Master. Though I was his slave, I learned much from him.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? No formal education. I learned from various slaves, or just from watching.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I love learning.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? I guess Din, or the sime I spent with the Master.
4. How do you learn best? By seeing and doing.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I would like to learn to play an instrument, and how to use a sword. I would also like to make one, and learn to sew, and cook, and fish, and I would really like to learn to make paper.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? The only close bond I have had with a person was false.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? No, unless they are under my control.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I do whatever, and whomever, I wish.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. I honestly cannot remember. Kissing is not really something we remember in Din. It is just a part of sex, which is a part of daily life.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. You're joking, right?

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. No. I am curious as to what it might be like.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Never have.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Don't know.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? Nope.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. It could be interesting.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? I'm not sure what that means.
2. Do you like to read? Yes, very much so.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? The way my brothers always made fun of me for talking with the slaves.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Reading, or just talking. I loved to talk with the slaves in Din. I hope that I will get to talk to many people in my life.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Nothing really..

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Red, blue. Purple.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Late at night.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? My reflection. Just kidding. There was not much beauty where I come from. I once forced myself to watch the sunrise. It was blindingly beautiful.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I like to eat everything.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? Warm, but not to hot. Warm air is easier to fly in.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Optimistic.
2. What are your religious views? I do not worship any god, if thats what you're asking.
3. Would you be able to kill? You're asking me that? Really?
4. What are your views on sex? It's very fun. I always like trying new things.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Being happy with where you are.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? I have killed, raped, eaten people alive, tortured children for fun, enslaved hundreds, manipulated the minds of my own people. Pick your favorite.
2. What is your greatest regret? I regret killing The Master. Had I simply cut out his tongue and eyes, I could have kept him as a pet.
3. What is your best/worst memory? My worst memory was the moment I discovered what the master was doing to me, and that my love and devotion was false. My best was when I ate his heart.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I would have kept the Master alive, so I could force him to serve me as I did him.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Learning to read. Few in Din have the patience for it.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? Very honest.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Coming from a race that everyone hates, I cannot afford to be prejudice.
3. What makes you happy? Learning, talking, reading, eating, sex, and flying.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Myself.
5. What makes you angry? I try to keep from getting angry. People already hate me enough. But I do get angry that people hate me in the first place, even if I understand why.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? It depends. I am working on being friendly, but it is difficult to learn. My magic makes things easier though.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? At the moment, myself. I don't think I need to explain why.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? I respect the Master for the power he had over me.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. An ideal lover would be one who accepts me for who I am, not what I am. Also, he would have to be.. well endowed, and able to withstand my... urges.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why
I trust myself.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? It really depends on the situation
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? I can lead if I want to. I have magic that lets me do that. But I prefer to manipulate from behind.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Yes. If they accept me, anyway.
4. Do you care what others think of you? Sadly, I do.
5. What do you think of others, in general? I want to learn and interact with them.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
My strong desire to overcome my racial boundaries, without losing myself in the process.
2. What is your greatest weakness?
My strong desire to overcome my racial boundaries, without losing myself in the process...
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
It would be easy to say my race... but honestly, I would change nothing.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
Extroverted.
5. Are you generally organized or messy?
I'm pretty messy.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
I don't know much about the gods.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
I don't know enough to fear them.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
Not that I know of.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
I don't know...
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?Same answer. I don't know...

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Expanding my horizons.
2. What is the best part of life? Living it to the fullest.
3. What is the best part of death? Uh...
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? I've never thought about that before.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? That I was different.
Last edited by Wing on July 7th, 2011, 1:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wing
Player

Character sheet

Training (Skills, Arcana, Gnosis, Lore)

Postby Wing on March 19th, 2010, 11:33 pm

Training (Skills, Arcana, Gnosis, Lore):

Skills
Manipulation 5 (Starting Package)
Seduction 5 (Starting Package)
Weapon (Claws) 12 (Starting Package, *)
Detection 10 (Racial)
Flying 3 (*)
Observation 5 (**)
Rhetoric 6 (**)
Intimidation 1 (*)
Mathematics 4 (*)
Reading 2 (*)
Observation 5 (*)
Negotiation 2 (*)
Persuasion 2 (*)
Intelligence 1 (*)

Arcana
Hypnotism 32 (SP*)

Gnosis
None

Languages
Zith - Fluent
Common - Basic
Tukant - Poor

Lore :
Last edited by Wing on August 11th, 2011, 1:44 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Wing
Player

Character sheet

Re: Wing

Postby Wing on March 19th, 2010, 11:33 pm

ImageEquipment and Possesions:

Belt
Satchel: Contains all her Mizas, comb, brush, and soap.
Waterskin: Attached to the strap on her satchel
Book: The Secret Language of the World
Sheet Paper x5
Vial of Black Ink
Quill
Bladed Leather GlovesA pair of leather gloves with the back plated and the fingers lined with short blades at every digit save the thumb. (Awarded here)

Ledger:

Total: 583 GM, 9 SM, 5 CM

Starting Gold: 600GM
-10gm Book: The Secret Language of the World
-2gm Sheet Paper x5
-2gm Vial of Black Ink
-5cm Quill
-2gm Grath's Rest Dinner x4

Total: 583 GM, 9 SM, 5 CM
Wing
Player