Friends Made In The Most Odd of Ways (Chapiko, Wrenmae)

After Ana attempts to steal from Chapiko, they become friends, whats not so strange is Wrenmae pops up.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Wrenmae on June 8th, 2012, 5:15 am

He smiled, what more could he do? The child was obviously touched...perhaps she was simple, perhaps worse. In any case, voices speaking in her head sounded familiar. Unconsciously, the storyteller put his arms around himself, as though keeping something inside. A furtive glance over his shoulder, quickly scanning the comings and goings of the Sunberth public. None offered him more than a momentary glare.

These were Shroud's people, and he was a stranger among them. He'd leave for Avanthal...if he knew he could bury Shroud in Sunberth he'd be gone on the morrow, but if that monster was let out in their gates, if what he was, what he was inside now...if it hurt people that weren't already broken like Sunberth...

Could he forgive himself then?

"A desert is a desert," Wrenmae said gravely, "Survival depends on the intelligent and crafty...don't count us out because we are not your kind. Only a fool judges by appearance."

He glanced at Ana and smiled, a small helpful smile, then back to Chapiko, arms moving up to cross.

"What do they tell you to do? What was the last thing these voices asked?"

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on June 11th, 2012, 4:43 am

Ana looked closer at Coals hands, squinting, trying to figure out what she meant by looking- with hands? Touch? Blinking, once, then twice, she was utterly confused.. Maybe her sight wasn't as good as she hoped? Or maybe whatever she was suppose to be looking at was far too small for her to see from her current distance or Coals making things up.. Curiousity began to bubble to and fro, first under the lid and finally steaming over as she took a step or two closer to the Chaktawe to get a better look. Ana wanted to know what she meant by seeing.. The action was random, it was far too brave of her, but obviously she wasn't seeing what she should have been.

The small thief reached for Coals hand, only to have her get far, far too close by stepping at the same time as her whilst placing the same hand on her shoulder. The small girl seemed to flinch back, scurrying to be by Wrenmae more, as if hiding from some foreign oddity rearing danger into her curious face for being far too inquisitive. Childish as an action this was, Ana knew Wren better than Coal and thus far would have gladly hidden behind the taleweaver first, before anyone, or anything in the current vincinty, even though he got mean sometimes.

The woman was talking nonsense, voices, voices, whispers, what? The suspicion was laced within her features, the slight movement that Wren made caused her to shoot a look in his direction. Tilting her head then blinking, smiled! He smiled at her! Specifically! Ana stared at him, dumbfoundedly, almost gleefully if she didn't know any better- total stranger next to them, strangers, bloody thirsty murderers everywhere? Why smile back.. Suddenly she was very afraid, there was far too much nonchalontness going on, what if a group of thugs took interest and wanted to cause the three some trouble just cos they could..? The thought was plausible if not condemnable.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Chapiko on July 11th, 2012, 7:46 pm

OOCForgot it was my turn! Sorry. Also, sorry it's so short.

"They told me to come to Sunberth to find my sister. She's my twin, you know. Her name's Pasho. Some Zith took her when we were 7, in Eyktol. And then I started getting nightmares and that's when the voices came."

She was startled by Ana's timidness, and how she hid behind Wren. Chapiko was afraid that she had scared the poor girl, or had done something to startle her. She wanted to be friends with Ana. Ana was nice.

"I'm sorry that I scared you Ana." She really was. She wanted some friends in this scary place, in fact, she wanted to leave as soon as possible. Really. There was too much for her pay attention too, and if she didn't, she'd get attacked. She couldn't show people her eyes, or her hands, or she could get stabbed in the back.
Common
Tawna
Shiber
Chapiko
I like sand.

Words: 21557
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:58 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Wrenmae on July 11th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Wrenmae frowned. He knew this story. Zith came winging from the night like the harbingers of some sort of disaster. They stole, murdered, and slaughtered anything in their way. The poor girl was just...hurt, maybe destroyed. Her mind was gone and maybe that was where these voices came from.

Maybe that's what they were.

"Kind of a crazy sorta kid if you ask me," Zan muttered from within Wrenmae, "I'd say best let her go and be rid of it. Something about her eyes just rubs me the wrong way."

Impossible to rub you the wrong way, Wren thought in response, You're water.

"You don't have to be insensitive."

"I'm sorry," he said at last, frowning, "I didn't mean to...I mean," He broke off, sighing, "Alright, hey, maybe I can help you. I was taught a trick or two back in Alvadas, basic hypnotism, you know...put you in a trance, just calm you down with words, help you remember stuff." he shrugged, "Maybe we can get a better direction on your sister...things you might have forgotten to remember. Zith aren't usually that prevalent in these parts, but maybe I can help you find a place where they are...and where your sister might be."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallacy on September 28th, 2012, 2:26 am

XP Award!

Name:Ana
XP Award:
  • +1 Observation
  • +1 Larceny
  • +1 Interrogation
  • +1 Rhetoric
Lore:
  • Spying an Outsider
  • A Damn Comb! When I Wanted Cash!
  • What's Wrong With Her Eyes
  • Chaktawe Eyes
  • The Basics of Chaktawe
  • Speaking of Coal
  • Weather in Eyktol and Avanthal Differs
Notes:

Name:Wrenmae
XP Award:
  • 3 Rhetoric
  • +1 Observation
  • +2 Hypnotism
  • +1 Interrogation
  • +1 Familiary
Lore:
  • The Basics of Chaktawe
  • Speaking of Coal
  • The Difference in Weather in Eyktol and Avanthal
Notes:

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous