What if your PC died?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

What if your PC died?

Postby Chamaeleon on March 17th, 2012, 4:53 am

If Chamaeleon or Retananil died, I would move on. XD I love Chamaeleon already, and Retananil is getting there, but I would not be overly sad they died, nor would I revive them as a ghost, Ethaefal, or what have you. I would probably be happy for Chamaeleon because she would be returning to Syna and Leth, and Retananil would just be dead. XD

I think that if Chamaeleon had to die, I would make it poetic or something. I want her to die alone so she could finally realise some things before she passed. For Retananil, I want her to die in a fight. She is FIERCE!

I'd continue to play though.
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

What if your PC died?

Postby Ialari Pythone on March 17th, 2012, 9:09 am

Ialari would likely return as a ghost. She is too stubborn and dedicated enough to her driving goal to allow death to be the end of things. She has also begun preparing for the possibility of death though maybe not consciously. She has collected a respectable amount of soul vector from a nuit. Although the idea would be repulsive in the extreme, ingestion of the soul vector could transform her into a nuit assuming there was enough time in the thread to consume it before the final moment.

There is of course the possibility of deal-making before making it to Lhex to be "processed". While being claimed by Izurdin upon death would be every isur's dream, Ialari still would not be able to give up her quest so finding a deity to make a deal with to return would be a priority. First, she would probably try to make a deal with Izurdin if possible. Otherwise, she may seek a deal with Dira (Death) since Ialari is currently in-thread looking to gain Death's mark. Other possible deities may include Uldr (last resort), Vayt and perhaps even Rhysol.

So if she died, the results would be ghost, nuit or deal with a deity depending on what the circumstances of her death allowed.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

What if your PC died?

Postby Leo Varniak on March 17th, 2012, 10:34 am

I write from the perspective of what's probably the most wanted criminal in the world as of right now, responsible for a global catastrophe and the loss of many lives. Death is obviously something I need to consider for Leo, being that he's not going to deny his responsibilities. Even though he's one of the most righteous PCs in the game, I expect plenty of short-sighted avengers trying to cross him.

If he dies before he can slay the goddess of fear, well, I'll be sad but won't make him into a ghost. His defining trait, his gnosis, would be taken away then. Maybe a deal with some god, or maybe I would consider his role in Mizahar fulfilled and I'd make a new character. :)

Leo Varniak
It was a pleasure to burn

Words: 426121
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2009, 7:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (2)
Donor (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

What if your PC died?

Postby Brodon Windriver on March 27th, 2012, 7:12 am

Never been a victim of a killer GM??..NEVER???

You die, you laminate the character sheet and lay it reverently to rest, you roll up a new character and you make that GM regret he was ever so foolish as to incur your wrath.

I have had a fair kill count as GM in both DnD and Palladium. There are times I throw a scenario at the group where, truly, the only logical thing to do is run. I feel it's justified on the basis that the party has become a thorn in the side of the villain and he has had enough.

If the party shows resourcefulness and creativity, I will give them an out. But if they just refuse to accept that as GM, I TOO, am role-playing, and am playing the part of someone trying to kill them, then they get what they deserve for stubbornly defying overwhelming odds.

I have also had many of my own PC's die or get horribly maimed, or been taken over by the GM and used to slaughter other party members. The risk of death is part of the fun.

"Carrying an angry load, keeps you on an angry road."
Brodon Windriver
It's your move...

Words: 251972
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Journal
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

What if your PC died?

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on March 27th, 2012, 7:27 am

Yeah, what Miana said.

To sum it up:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PC death frightens me. A warning would be awesome first... "Yo, that's stupid, if you go down that road, say goodbye to Gabrielle". Coz honestly I can get absentminded sometimes when interpreting "dangers", so if it doesn't outright say YOU MIGHT DIE, I might dare to venture down that road.

But if it ever did happen... I'd cry. :( Then rage. Then cry again, and be more careful next time.
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

What if your PC died?

Postby Vulpeculae on March 27th, 2012, 8:19 am

My reaction to character death would be different for each of my characters.

Vulpeculae: I would sad for a bit. Mostly from the fact that I JUST started with him. But, again, I JUST started with him, so it would be short lived grief. I'd move on, and make another character.

Vuil: I have plans for her. One of them includes her death. If she were to die before I had a chance to end her story? I'd be mad, but realize that it was my fault for putting her in the situation. But still, leave Vuil alone! She's mine to kill XP

Kilik: ;A; WHY?! What did he do!? He's an artist! He sang to children! How the heck did he tick anyone off enough to kill him!? I'd flip tables over Kilik. Probably cry. Especially if he didn't make it back home to Eyktol.
Vulpeculae
Player

Words: 10206
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2012, 9:36 pm
Character sheet

What if your PC died?

Postby Clandestine Duplais on April 1st, 2012, 12:39 am

I'd be devastated if Xavior were to die suddenly. Though that brings up another question I've been wondering, could an eth still be played after they cross back over to Ukalas? It would be fascinating to explore life in that dimension.
Clandestine Duplais
Player

Words: 73447
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 12:52 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

What if your PC died?

Postby Satevis on May 1st, 2012, 2:49 pm

Satevis's views on the subject: Meh. Been there, done that. Didn't work so well the first time.

My perspective: Satevis is new enough that I'd make a new character and move on if he died, but I would definitely be upset, since I'm having a great time RPing him and just getting him figured out.

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

What if your PC died?

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on May 12th, 2012, 1:45 am

The last time I lost a character on an RP site, I cried for two days.

And no I'm not joking.

But! I played her to her death willingly, because the circumstances were in-character for her. I COULD have saved her life, if I'd just done something out of character for her to get her away. Yet I couldn't do that.

"A good death is always better than bad roleplaying."
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

What if your PC died?

Postby Alea Davenport on May 16th, 2012, 1:41 pm

It would depend on whether they died prematurely, or whether they achieved their goals and died well.

If their story ended well, I would feel a bittersweet sense of satisfaction.

If any of my characters died prematurely, I would feel sick, and probably cry and rage and have to cope with the grief. I feel this was about all of them. I love my characters too much, I want their stories to be full and end well. This is the same reason I can't retire any of them.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext