Setting Foot (Wrenmae, Lyalya, Aerika)

Massacre comes to the city and tries to find his way around.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Wrenmae on April 30th, 2012, 1:25 am

The bodies stopped moving, chests stilling in the whispers of last breath, eyes staring blankly. In the moment of pure and utter demise, there was nothing left of the deceased but their clothes. The universal clothing, flesh and blood. Shroud bent to frisk the two victims of the combat, liberating their coin pouches and tossing one back to Massacre.

"You take what you kill, otherwise someone else will." The streets were still relatively clear, but the sound of approaching feet in the distance reminded the storyteller of their position here. He didn't answer Massacre at first, simply nodding at the Zith and the others to follow him.

He took off at a lope, long legs pounding the pavement as the others joined in behind him. The alleyways yawned like misshapen jaws, shadows that crossed the threshold and withdrew, menaced and retreated, like the denizens of Sunberth existed in two worlds...the physical and the spiritual. Personally, Shroud tried not to think about the worlds beyond, the restless dead. He'd killed before, plenty. Now his hands smelled of blood that wouldn't wash off, like the smell had stained something intangible about him...something about his impression on the world of Mizahar, his presence.

They all had it, even the kelvic child.

Swallowing and passing down a narrow space between two buildings, Shroud paused to catch his breath, leaning against the wall and waving a hand at the others to hold for a moment.

"So long as you're a Zith," he breathed, gasping the words between pants, "There will always be enemies...so long as we live in Sunberth, there will be no shortage of blades at our back."

Sucking in a mouthfull of air, he grinned and pushed off the wall, motioning them to follow. "I wouldn't have it any other way...keeps us on our toes, or keeps us dead. Only the strong and resourceful prosper, the rest are victims."

The fires of the camp rose in the distance, dancing like gems in the otherwise bleak night. "We aren't much to look at now, but we have potential."

It was more to himself that he spoke than them...it felt more real when he said it like that. Small but with potential.

Like him.

Like them all.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallacy on September 27th, 2012, 8:40 pm

XP Award!

Name:Wrenmae
XP Award:
  • +2 Interrogation
  • +1 Observation
  • +3 Rhetoric
  • +1 Hypnotism
  • +1 Dagger
  • +1 Flux
Lore:
  • Offering a Place to Stay
  • The Pig's Foot Tavern
  • Basics of Zith
  • Massacre the Zith
  • Being Outmatched
Notes:

Name:Massacre
XP Award:
  • +2 Rhetoric
  • +1 Observation
  • +2 Interrogation
  • +2 Greatsword
  • +1 Unarmed Combat
  • +1 Acrobatics
  • +1 Detection
Lore:
  • The Pig's Foot Tavern
  • Accepting an Offer
  • Basics of the Crimson Edge
  • Wrenmae Sek
  • Swords Over Claws
  • Will This Happen Often?
Notes:

Name:Aerika
XP Award:
  • +2 Observation
  • +1 Stealth
  • +3 Unarmed Combat
  • +1 Running
  • +1 Acrobatics
Lore:
  • The Pig's Foot Tavern
  • A Favorite Way To Kill
  • FOCUS!
  • Entering a Fight
Notes:

Name:Lyalya
XP Award:
  • +2 Observation
  • +1 Interrogation
  • +1 Rhetoric
  • +3 Sword Gauntlet
  • +1 Acrobatics
Lore:
  • The Pig's Foot Tavern
  • Drinking By Yourself is soClassy
  • Entering a Fight
Notes:

Other: Subtract the cost of ale from your ledger, please.

A lovely, but long thread. Thus, I may have missed something. Please don't hesitate to PM me if this seems to be the case.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous