[Evalin's Scrapbook] A Summoner's Guided to the World

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Evalin on February 25th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Think before you Speak

This is a simple scrap, and as the title suggests I will just be talking about watching what you say, especially when you want to say certain things to certain people. This is really more of a way for me to cool down a bit because it is bugging me so much its distracting.

Alright so yeah, what do I mean by Think before you Speak? Well we all have those days. Those days where the smallest things make us want to explode, and it feels like everyone is just TRYING to get on our nerves. Today is one of those days for me, and I swear every other word out of peoples mouths sounds like a direct challenge to me personally. I am DYING to lash out at some of these people I feel deserve it, but I know that this is mostly in my head (or heart rather) and my not actually be what the person is intending. For instance today I was supposed to do a collaborative study session with someone from my class, but for the life of me I would swear that she was blaming me for being lazy and not doing anything even though I offered to give her MY notes in exchange for hers. Now this is what I heard, but might not have been what she meant. I did give her a piece of my mind and reminded her that I didn't actually need anything from her, in as haughty a way as I could, and of course she struck back and so on and so forth. After a few minutes when we stopped texting I stopped to think about what I had done, and I realized I most likely too everything said completely wrong. So I did the right thing and apologized, and thanked her for even offering to work with me on this project.

This little experience today made me think about just how often we let what we THINK a person says overshadow what they might actually be saying. Especially in text the meaning behind words can easily become lost, and so really our first reaction should not be to get upset. 9 times out of 10 the person didn't mean anything by it, and really we are the jerks for making it escalate. So my lesson learned today is that when I am filling that tense, anxious feelings I should not trust any assumptions I make about what people are saying. Most likely I am blowing it up in my mind to justify my own negative feelings. Don't push your bad mood on others. If you can get through those moments of intense anger of frustration you will feel much better about yourself through the rest of the day.

Growing each and every day, that is what I am doing. Every lesson is valuable, and hopefully it will help me down the road as I become a much more responsible and mature person :)

Keep on Writing!

Sincerely,
Evalin
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Imass on February 25th, 2013, 8:30 pm

I hear ya Evalin. I sometimes don't think before I speak and I am sure it has hurt some people before, but its nothing I couldn't get over! After reading this though, especially your last sentence brings to mind a quote of Tupacs or someone else I can't remember right now:

Its not about where you have been, your where your at now, its about where your going!

All these things are getting to you now, but its all about what you do with it and it sounds like you are learning and growing, which is excellent and I applaud you! hope this makes sense!XD

Stay postivie. Be creative. And never compromise high quality and success!

IMASS
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Evalin on March 11th, 2013, 2:23 am

Ok it has been a while, quite a while actually, and poor Evalin has been gathering dust. I promise you that I did have a reason, and that reason has now passed! As of Saturday one of the biggest stresses of my life has ended, and now I find myself free once more to write at my leisure :). So, expect Eva posts coming soon. Tomorrow in fact. See you then :)
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on March 16th, 2013, 6:08 pm

Ok so Sera, the most amazing person EVER has done a drawing of Eva in her current child body. THIS is what I will be going off of from now on because it is wonderful! So if you were ever curious, here is Eva current season!!!

Secret :

She's so cute in an evil way!!
Last edited by Evalin on March 17th, 2013, 5:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Philomena on March 16th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Awww.... Baby Eva is so cute...
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Evalin on March 17th, 2013, 5:30 am

She's not cute, she's evil. Pure evil I tell you!!
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Philomena on March 17th, 2013, 11:52 am

Yes, but... adorable evil. That's the best kind of evil!
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Evalin on March 18th, 2013, 4:41 am

What have I got here? Only a great birthday present from like the most amazing artist I have ever seen! Coltyn made me some new Avatars and sigs. Look at them in all their glory!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on April 13th, 2013, 3:49 pm

Alright so I know everyone is wondering "Why have you not posted for me!?"

Truth is I have been taking a short break from writing Evalin, and mostly writing in general, to try and enjoy life a bit. I am about to be going through some big transitions in my life. Graduation, Graduate school, new jobs and maybe even a better apartment. I have even been flipping around the idea of moving to a new state to find work, but that is not an immediate concern. Anyway, it sort of struck me this monday that this life I have been living for 4 years now is about to change drastically. Not in bad ways of course, but it will be flipping on its head. So I wanted to take a day or two to simply enjoy my life as it is now. Go to school, hang out with friends, go to work, ect. Doing normal things that I do ever day, but now I am doing them with the realization that this could very well be the last time I do this kind of stuff again. It also hit me that a lot of my friends will be moving across the country in search of jobs now, so I have been trying to get as much time with them as possible to.

I will be slow during the weekend, and possibly into next week, but I will be back in fool swing soon. Wait for me my lovelies :)
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Crypt on May 5th, 2013, 3:03 pm

Hullo there, Evalin! Been a long time since I talked to you, O creepy Nuit!

Allow me to remind you of our thread, since you've forgotten about it!

Familiar Familiary

Do try to reply as soon as possible! My thanks!

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)