[Evalin's Scrapbook] A Summoner's Guided to the World

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Evalin on May 10th, 2013, 5:25 am

OK sooooo I have been gone forever. A long time, in other words. I am actually not sure how long it has been since I last posted, but needless to say it has been quite some time. I have been busy with life. As of today I am a college graduate, looking for work and basically trying to live. I have hit on some rough times recently, reduced to filling up my car 8-10 dollars when I can until next pay check, and living off of whatever food my amazing friends can spare from their left overs lol. Its not really a glamorous life right now, but it is a good one. How is it good you asked? Well I have accomplished something that I was told I could not do :)

Believe it or not I was once told that I would probably not graduate, but being the defiant person I was I refused to accept what they said and gave it my all. I raised my GPA almost an unheard of amount in a very short span of time, and I was VERY happy to walk into that office again to finish up plans for my graduation. I was accepted to a graduate program, I have been told that I show "promise" in my chosen fields, and just now I have checked and one of my job applications has been looked at by a recruiter!

So yes I have a good life. I don't have much in the way of material things, very little money and I am basically living off of whatever others can spare me while I get on my feet, but I feel very proud of myself. 4 years I have had my ups and downs, and I finally found what I really wanted to do. I have seen that with hard work, and dedication, you really can turn the tides in your favor. I've never been the most talented, but I do work harder than most of my classmates. It is just amazing to see all of your hard work pay off in the end :)

As for Mizahar, I am looking forward to returning. I never planned to go away for so long, but then again most of us ever do. I do expect to see my activity increase significantly this coming summer, or in fact this coming week. I am going on a Graduation Vacation with my significant other, and we are going to celebrate 4 long years of hard work together. Right now all I can say is that I feel more relaxed, more confident in myself than I ever have before. It was stressful, but oh so worth it. Now, as I head into summer before my graduate program in the fall, I can hold my head up high as I think "The future is open to me, and I can do anything from this moment on". I do miss you all, and I will be back very soon. So until then I hope you enjoyed this update, and I look forward to our future writings together.

Happy Writing!

Eva
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on June 27th, 2013, 5:05 am

What is it that motivates you

I have for a while now lost the spark, the inspiration for writing if you will. I find myself all the time dreaming, imagining, wishing for my characters to be more and to do more, yet when it comes time to put pen to paper I find myself completely unable to say anything at all. I always thought that it was just because I didn't have the words, or that I simply could not get into touch with my inner writer. The words just never flowed when I finally got home from work and COULD do everything I had imagined during the day. I made excuses for this, and lots of them. I made excuses in my real life as well, because you see I am not just this way in Mizahar. In fact I have a confession to make... Mizaha, I am a Dreamer.

What do I mean by that? Well I have found that I enjoy not the writing part, but the act of imagining, dreaming and creating within my own head. I LOVE to watch my characters grow and change in my mind, see what they could become, what the COULD do... what I don't like is putting in the work to make it happen. It sounds horrible I know, but it is the truth. I have lied to myself, made excuses over and over again about why I have not done this or that. I've done it in real life as well, and I can tell you that it almost cost me everything. I am a Dreamer, but I desperately want to be a doer.

This entire scrap was brought into being by something that happened to me tonight. I had an argument with my significant other over something really small and stupid, like we all do. She of course said the most cutting things that bit me to the bone, and stripped me bare, and I would retaliate, ect ect. However, I noticed something when we finally fell silent for a time. I realized I didn't even know why we were arguing. We were so mad at each other over absolutely nothing to the point that we had lost any real reason to argue, but we kept going and going and going... and then I realized it wasn't her that kept going, it was me. That started me thinking about WHY I kept it going, why I kept pushing and pushing the issue when it was all but settled, and then with a shock I came to the conclusion that something she said struck me as completely true. It was so true that I lost myself, twisted everything else I heard as a way to deny what she said, yet when I really thought about it she was right. What was it she said to me? I talk, but never do.

Like I said I am a dreamer. I like to imagine, to create and plot in my head, but I never put to paper what I imagine. I stop short of actually achieving my goals, and suddenly I flit off to a new idea and a new dream. Well as I gained these new epiphanies, I started to talk to my significant other sincerely, and she said to me something that made me get up to write. She said, "I don't think that you are lazy, or that you can't do it. I think that you lack the motivation."

I lack motivation? What exactly did that mean? But then, I started to think about my characters and I wondered, why EXACTLY did I create them? What is my motive for writing for them? What is my goal for them? WHY AM I WRITING FOR THEM AT ALL? I can dream up any character, imagine any story in my head in an instant. I have a very good imagination, and I love to use it. But why do I bother to write ANYTHING if all I do is dream? A dream can entertain you, can make you happy or sad, can tell you stories or take you back in time or to the future. You can be ANYTHING in your dreams, but what is the point of writing any of it down at all? Is it for others to see? Is it for you to revisit later? What? What is your motivation for writing for your character? I wonder what mine is, so I will right now answer the following questions about my character Evalin and find out what motivates me to write for her. I am answering all of these as I go, and none of them were done before hand. I wonder how it will turn out?

1) Where did the idea for your character come from?

This one is simple. Evalin was born from a show known as Negima. If you know of the anime there is a character known as Evangeline who is an evil vampire witch. She cruel and powerful, intelligent, and yet somehow despite her age she still comes off as human. She was the very first inspiration for Evalin, and I love how she can be evil and yet you STILL somehow want to feel for her.

2) What makes your character different from her inspiration?

Probably the most obvious reason is that she is not a vampire, and the not so obvious one is that Evalin truly is cruel. She is not beyond cold blooded murder, even that of a child, in order to get her way. She is two timing, back stabbing, and completely untrustworthy. She will most likely kill everyone who calls her a friend, because she has long sense lost her sense of humanity.

The biggest difference though? Eva should not be felt for. She should be hated, despised, and feared. No one should like her, everyone should want her dead because that is what she wants. She feeds off of hatred and anger, and would rather face a man's vengeance than accept his kindness.

3) Why did you create your character in the first place?

Honestly? I created her to play with a friend. She was made to be someone that linked us in Mizahar, and always gave us something to look back to in our friendship. She was also made to embody everything I wanted in a character. Cruel, manipulative and powerful. I wanted a mature character, since before her I always made bubbly air heads. I wanted a character with a drive, a purpose and a goal in life. Someone who could be self motivating, and always moving forward. That is why I gave her her back story, why I tore her life apart, why I made her a tragic villain who you can at once feel sorry for, and hate completely. Evalin was evil, and I wanted to play evil like it should be played. Not honorably, not safely, and not in a way that could be forgiven.

4) When you created your character, what was her ultimate goal? (If there is not ultimate goal skip to number 9)

ICly her ultimate goal was to kill Lhex due to a strange series of events in her past that lead her to blame him for all that had occurred to her.

5) Since creation, what steps have you taken to achieve your characters ultimate goal?

Honestly? I got a cool staff that I could drawn summoning circles with in an instant, with the intent of making it an integral part into her fighting style. I have gained +20 points in reimancy, I have gained a Familiar to help guide her. Beyond that I have done nothing. When I think about it I have done very very little as far as putting her on the path to her goal.

6) What has your character done since her creation?

Evalin has... met a lot of people, got her portrait painted, killed her dad, kissed a crazy Iggy... and a lot of really random stuff. She has been all over the place, to many cities, but honestly I could not tell you why she is traveling.

7) Has anything your character done been beneficial to her ultimate goal?

Well the staff, getting the diverse and gaining reimancy XP yes, everything else well no she hasn't.

8a) Can you ICly explain each of your character's actions based on her motivations toward her ultimate goal? This includes why your character traveled to a certain city, why she interacted with different people, why she did particular things during her journey.

Um... No. Honestly I have no idea WHY she travels so much. Why didn't she stay in Ravok anyway? I know why she went to Zeltiva and Sahova, to gain knowledge, but why everywhere else? Hm...

8b) Base on question 8a, does your character have a clear path to her future?

No she doesn't. I'm not even sure where her future is heading.

9) What do you ultimately want from your PC? What do you expect out of her?

I want a good villain, one that is hated and feared and loathed. I want a character that is etched into the fabric of Mizahar as one of the worst things to ever happen to this world, and I want her to die a very tragic death, hopefully after fulfilling her ultimate goal.

I want a character that other PC's in game whisper about, fear and avoid. Someone that gives people shivers just by looking at them. I want an evil little girl who hates, but does not know why she hates. I want her to be a powerful mage who commands the elements and acts in ways that baffle and amaze all around her. I want her to call forth such sorrow in the world that all eyes turn to her in dismay, and ultimately all hands move to crush.

I want her to be the ultimate super villain of Mizahar.

10) After considering all of the above questions, what do you believe you have to do to achieve your character's ultimate goal and your own expectations of them.

Well she needs to be more powerful. She needs to gain mastery over the elements, and then she needs to learn to be more manipulative. Before all of that though she needs funds. She needs Mizas to start her evil operations and all of her plans. She has to gather followers, and bend them to her will to follow her without question. She needs to stand out to Mizahar to become the ultimate evil. She needs to show her true colors. Lie, cheat, betray, slaughter. She has to do something that will set herself against the world, and she has to gain the power to slay a god. So in order of importance if I really want what I want from her I need:

1. Funds. Enough to gather enough resources to achieve all she wishes.

2. Followers that will obey her without questions

3. Power to slay even the Gods and Goddesses

4. Commit an evil so great that all of Mizahar wish her dead.

11) (Bonus question) Why do you write for your character?

I write for her to change the world of mizahar. I write for her to give this world a real villain that can be truly hated and feared. I want to give people someone they can openly despise, yet love to hate. I write for her because I want to make the ultimate evil.

Phew! Thats done with. Now reading back over this I gain a bit better understanding of my motivations for Evalin. I dream and dream, yet I have yet to really DO anything about it. I will be putting this in plot notes shortly so that I can always look back at this. So far I have written with no real direction. I dream and want and wish, but I have no real plan how to get there. In fact I was never really sure what I wanted or WHY Evalin did what she did. I write like a dreamer, flitting from one idea to the next with no rhyme or reason. No patter, no real story at all. I'm following plots instead of creating a story. Ive found it now though. I found the story I want to write. The Rise of Evalin, She who would kill Fate himself. Chapter one: Gathering Funds.

So what motivates me to write for Evalin? I want to be the ultimate big bad in this world. That is what I want to achieve with her. How I get there I have no real idea, but with these questions I now understand some of the things I need. So then, what motivates you?
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Philomena on June 27th, 2013, 11:46 am

It was interesting to read this thank you :). I feel bad, a little, since Minnie's influence on you doesn't move you toward ANY of these goals - in a way in fact, she moves you away, almost, distracts you, because she refuses to see you as a simple force of nature. She reguses to see you as 'The Witch Who Will One Day Murder Fate Itself,' and instead sees you simply as 'The Evalin'.

At any rate, I suppose what I mean is, if there is things I could do in our interactions that help you refocus on what you love about Eva, let me know.
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Rayage on June 27th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Im so glad you created Eva to play with me <3

The thing is, we hardly ever thread or plot together anymore. I think that I was the main doer of our group, even though Im just as big of a dreamer haha. I have great ambitions for Ray too, and recently Ive told you that my motivation for him/her has dwindled. Part of this is because for two years he has had a singular driving story goal, and that was to complete the homunculus research to create his/her own child.

Well... Now that thread is in progress by Tarot, and Im feeling sort of directionless and lost now. I think that is part of why I went to Ravok on the mission with Miro, to try to get some of my old drive back. Though a month has passed in the season (almost) and I havent done squat for Ray!

I guess for two years Ive played him for the sole purpose of getting Alchemy up so I could complete this giant, almost unobtainable goal for Ray. Well, now its started and I feel like 'now what'? Ive reached that goal, and all the other stuff that I come up with sounds less than stellar.

Mastering Alchemy was a real challenge, and it took me forever to do. I do not want my goals any longer to be to 'master' such and such skill. I know how challenging that is XD and Im not really eager to do it again.

Instead I want to just RP. I need to come up with another overreaching storyline for Ray because all the ones I have currently hinge on the fact that Ray made a homunculus, and that thread isnt going anywhere anytime soon lol I mean all my plots with Sahova, furthering their power and personally kick-starting the places drive for world domination (and all the cool political RP that can come with it ^.^)... All of that is dependent on this homunculus which is probably not going to even be done this year.

So, I need to focus on something else and its challenging for me. I MADE Ray to be a Sahovan Wizard. I fell in love with the concept of Sahova, and even started him there when I first joined. (S)He feels out of place anywhere else.

I agree with Philomena, if there is anything I can do to help you re-focus or to further your goals then we need to plot. Plot evil things.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on October 4th, 2013, 7:55 am

Miraaaage! I found a song that (I think) fits perfectly with Mia. :P Mischievous, naughty, and deadly...

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2

Postby Mirage on October 8th, 2013, 3:27 am

I love it! Lol its so Halloween its fantastic!
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Evalin on November 18th, 2013, 5:33 am

Guess Whose Back

It really has been a long time coming, but for real now Evalin, she who defies fate, the Contractor, the Sorceress of Flame and Shadow, is returning! How do you know for that its for real this time? Lol well I've already racked up a little over 8k words for Nano. Yep I am going to shoot for it, Nano I mean. I am starting the game really late I know, but I am not ready to cash in my chips just yet. I am super eager to get Evalin rolling once more, for real really real this time. I've made posts like this in the past before I know, but something is a bit different now. I have done solos 0.0

Lol for those of you who know me you also know that Solos are really hard for me to start, but I've had a lot of really good material to write lately and it has, in a way, broken that mental barrier standing between me and fun solo writing. For a while, a long while in fact, Evalin has not really had much to go for, to live for (figuratively speaking), and that has really kept me from being able to get into her mindset. She is centuries old nuit with so much hate in her heart, but she has an almost unreachable goal ahead of her. It is almost too daunting for me to even begin to wonder how she might achieve it. So I have decided to limit my focus a bit, and gain achievements I know I can do.

For those who have read her latest threads Evalin is now in Falyndar. I am not 100% sure why she went there, but she is there now and going through a rough patch. It is bound to be enlightening for her, as well as her writer (thats me!) and I think with this new perspective I can delve into parts of Evalin like never before. I should really break out my plotnotes soon to jot some of this stuff down lol. Anyway, if anyone is in the Falyndar region feel free to shoot me a PM. I am looking for very deep, soul searching character development. She is going through a change right now, finding a real purpose she can latch onto, and figuring out some inner troubles that she has up until now just ignored. I have no idea where she is heading, but I will tell you I like the start she has made. So feel free to join me on this journey of enlightenment. I can at the very least promise you posts filled with confusing dialog, high risk of death and at the very least the likelihood of dismemberment. Wait... Maybe I should give you good reasons to join me. There is cake!

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Wrenmae on November 18th, 2013, 3:10 pm

WHOOOOOOOO!

EVALIN IS BACK!

*Celebrates*

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on March 24th, 2014, 4:53 pm

So I have been thinking about what I wanted to post in this scrap for the last little while. My Scrapbook has been kinda dead lately, mostly because Evalin hasn't been the most active PC around. Still I've done a good bit with her in the last few seasons. I got my first Expert level skill! This is a huge milestone for me because this is seriously the first skill I have every worked to expert level before on any PC. It feels like a real accomplishment, and somehow reaching this point really makes me feel like all of my plans and goals for Evalin are possible. So what are my plans? Well this season its going to be interesting.

Well this is a very short scrap post. Maybe Ill start putting pictures up next :)
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on March 25th, 2014, 4:14 am

I can't wait to do our plots together, Evalin! *Snuggles the dead lover* :D Till death do us part? Not today!

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

PreviousNext