Location [Location] The Offices of the NHC

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Location] The Offices of the NHC

Postby Gillar on July 31st, 2009, 7:38 am

Located in the Nitrozian Plaza on The Docks, the Offices of the NHC is responsible for overseeing the numerous housing units located around and near the plaza as well as those scattered throughout the outskirts of the city. The NHC or Nitrozian Housing Commission, handles maintenance, bill-collecting and security throughout its over a dozen housing units. Owned by, Sitanos Nitrozian, the NHC houses roughly two-thirds of the city's population in its various housing units.

There are nearly two dozen housing units. Each unit is a large structure containing roughly 25 housing cubicles. The housing cubicles resemble rooms one may find at the common inn. They are uniform in size and contain the basic furnishings such as a bed, table, a couple of chairs, a small wardrobe, some shelves, a wash basin and a small iron brazier as well as a complimentary chamber pot. Lucky individuals or those who pay a little more, can attain a cubicle facing a canal which makes disposing of chamber pot waste easier and grants a person a small two-man balcony overlooking the canal. Otherwise, most of the rooms are located on one of the three to four floors accessed by a long hallway with a set of stairs at either end.

Security is handled by NHC officers stationed at each housing unit. They are also responsible for collecting the rent and taking care of major maintenance issues.

Picture shown does not include balcony.

Room Cost - Only available season by season
Standard Unit - 135 gm / season
Standard Unit w/Balcony - 240 gm / season

***Characters will full citizenship may purchase a unit and revert to only paying Living Expenses per season. The Standard Unit is 500 GM with a balcony is 810 GM.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Chreinn on October 3rd, 2011, 8:24 am

1, fall 511 Av

His stomach was clearly being a tad loud as he pushed the doors open as his green eyes looked around. He was told this building would be able to help him find a place for housing.

He really was not sure on anything but he did look over the fees and what the rooms did offer.

"Sorry, but I am debating on a few things. I would like to get a room for the season but was not sure on the type of room. I guess the main reason behind that is I am not sure on where I can try to get a job around here."

He said softly as he shuffled his feet around. With his life and understanding around Architect theory he knew he would be able to find work if he looked or even said what he was good at due to his skills could come in some form of use.

"I am semi good at being a Architect but not sure where I can find work or talk to about it. If I can find some sort of employment I would like to enlist in a average medium cubicle with a balcony view."
Chreinn
Player

Words: 3348
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 6:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on October 9th, 2011, 10:36 pm

The clerk at the desk looked up at Chreinn and nodded his head. "Well sir, we can certainly help you with getting a room, but if it's employment you are looking for you'll need to go talk to the people down at the CEB. If anybody knows about work that needs to be done it'll be them. As for a room, if you'd just fill out this form we can get you set up right away if you like."

NHC Housing Application

Name:
Race:
Place of Employment:

Room Selection: (Please select one)

Average Small Cubicle - 45gm / season
Average Medium Cubicle - 180 gm / season
Average Medium Cubicle w/Balcony - 240 gm / season

Kitchen Services: (Please Select one)

Common Meals (per day) 5 sm
Simple Meals (per day) 2 sm
None

"You can leave the part about employment blank for now. All our rooms come with basic furnishings such as a bed, table, a couple of chairs, a small wardrobe and a complimentary chamber pot. If you get one of the rooms with a balcony it is overlooking the canal. Did you have any other questions?"

OOCI'm sending you a PM with employment information, but you will need to post at the CEB to get a job.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Chreinn on October 9th, 2011, 11:02 pm

frame]
NHC Housing Application

Name: Chreinn
Place of Employment: N/a

Kitchen Services: (Please Select one)

Common Meals (per day) 5 sm

[/frame]

The information was wrote down as he was given the forum and given back. "Thank you, I will head over there now. If payment is due now I will take care of it or if it is due at the end of the season then I will make sure you get it."

With that he would either pay the amount called for or leave to take care of finding a job.
Chreinn
Player

Words: 3348
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 6:20 am
Character sheet

Postby Dempsey on October 26th, 2011, 10:25 pm

1st Fall, 511 AV

It was beginning to get late now and Dempsey was worried that his next stop might be closed. He hurried across town stepping lightly on the tips of his toes as he navigated through the streets. It would be strange learning to get around using mostly bridges but he would worry about that later. He was headed for the Offices of the NHC as he had been told to if he wanted a place to stay.

Before long he had reached the building and hurried in, relieved to fins that it was not closed. He wondered for a moment if places in Ravok closed at all. As he entered he saw the person behind the counter and made his way up to them. "Hi there. I've just arrived in Ravok and was hoping to find a place to live. If you have any vacancies that is." Before the person could answer him he noticed a housing application. He reached for one and took it and began to fill it out.

Name:Demsey DeCoud
Race:Human
Place of Employment:(*can fill this out once I know for sure*)

Room Selection: Average Medium Cubicle w/Balcony

Kitchen Services:Common Meals

After he was done he pushed the application back towards the clerk with a grin and a nod as he did so. He had debated on splurging for the nicer room and food but he thought it would be okay and he could always switch next season if money was too tight.

OOCI also posted looking for a job so once I find that out I can come back and edit the form accordingly
Dempsey
Potential Paragon

Words: 3587
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 3:12 am
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on October 29th, 2011, 12:00 am

Chreinn and Dempsey

Though they arrived at separate times, both Chreinn and Dempsey would get the same cheerful response. "Thankyou! Rent is due upfront, so we will need two hundred and forty gold mizas before you get your key. The NHC appreciates your business and welcomes you to Ravok."

After they paid each tenant would get a key with a number engraved into it and would be directed to a map on the wall by the door. If they needed more direction one of the guards outside the doors would be able to show them to their new home. It was simple, it was quick, and it was efficient. Just like the Nitrozian family liked things to be.

OOC: Since you both got the same type of rooms I thought it would be easier just to combine your responses. As for the meal services, I actually removed those because Mizahar has a different system for food. I think this location was made before that was implemented but basically, the "kitchen service" is still there, but rather than pay it here, at the end of each season you are required to deduct a certain amount of living expenses depending on your lifestyle. These expenses cover everything from food, drink, and basic necessities but not rent. They also don't cover splurging, like buying a round of drinks at the bar and stuff, so still have to pay for those things in thread. It just covers your behind the scenes living needs. More info on living expenses can be found in the price list.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Gaul Swift-Axe on February 5th, 2012, 1:45 pm

66th day of Winter, 511 AV

How long had Gaul been wandering the docks in search of this NHC a sailor mentioned to him? Sure that burly man could've given him directions to this housing, but he merely mentioned the letters before going back to his work. All Gaul needed to do was shake his axe at the man and he would tell Gaul anything he wished to know. If he didn't fight back, that is. But he had barely been in the city and didn't want to start trouble anytime soon. So Gaul walked, searching with his eyes for this building. And then he found it.

Gaul didn't admire the way the buildings were built, instead stepping inside without any hesitation. The man strode forward to a person sitting behind a desk, and looked down on the clerk. "Is this where you get a place to live?" Straight and to the point. And while he was at it, he might as well ask where to find a job too. "And where would I go in this city for work?"

Straight and to the point. Gaul was never one with words, even back in his tribe. And what more was there to say. He wanted a home and a job. Nothing more, nothing less.
Gaul Swift-Axe
Player

Words: 6640
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2012, 7:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on February 16th, 2012, 5:06 pm

The man stared at Gaul for a moment, clearly taken aback by his rather rude approach to things. He could have at least introduced himself first. But no matter, his job was only to set up housing, not to chat. The man nodded and handed Gaul a form.

"Yes, this is where you can get a place to live. We have three different options available, each with a different price."

NHC Housing Application

Name:
Race:
Place of Employment:

Average Small Cubicle - 45gm / season
Average Medium Cubicle - 180 gm / season

"You can leave the part about employment blank, since you clearly don't have a job. You should be able to get one at the C.E.B. in the center of the city. Still, I can't rent you a room unless you can pay the money up front."
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Gaul Swift-Axe on February 16th, 2012, 11:21 pm

Gaul was glad to see that the clerk shared the same motto too, as he merely nodded and handed over a form for the man to fill out. He couldn't read minds, so he didn't know that the man thought he was rude. So he merely filled out the form, leaving the employment line blank like the man had suggested.

NHC Housing Application

Name: Gaul Swift-Axe
Place of Employment:

Average Small Cubicle- 45gm/ season

This was an easy decision as Gaul had little money and he didn't want to pay a lot until he had steady gold flowing into his pockets. With that filled out, he handed the form back to the man, bowing his head slightly. But he didn't forget the most important part, pulling out the gold to pay the rent for the season. After counted out, Gaul set down the forty-five miza on the table in front of the clerk. "Thank you, sir. May I ask where this C.E.B is so I may go there for employment?"

And Gaul would wait there until his question would answered, before leaving to go get himself a job. And this time he wouldn't be wandering like an idiot without any idea where to go.
Gaul Swift-Axe
Player

Words: 6640
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2012, 7:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on February 17th, 2012, 11:54 pm

The clerk took back the paper, looked over it, then filed it away. He waited until Gaul paid up before reaching into a drawer on his desk and pulling out a key, and a crude map of the city.

"Your apartment number is C27. The building is right here, just next door to Nicolos Ravosalas. We are here, and the CEB is here, in the center of the city just a short walk from the temple. Take a good look, but if you want a map for yourself it'll cost you ten silvers."

If Gaul decided to buy a map the clerk would produce a less wrinkled one and hand it over for the established price, along with the key, otherwise he would let Gaul get a good look before giving him his key and sending him on his way.

Expense Report:

45gm - Winter Season's Rent
(Optional) 1gm - Crude map of Ravok
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Next