Zeltiva Puppet Theatre Part III (Satevis)

The Epic Conclusion (or is it?) to the Zeltivan Puppet Saga!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on May 21st, 2012, 10:44 pm

The facial features were the hardest detail to paint. She took out one of the finer-tipped brushes, holding the puppet up close, her tongue stuck out the corner of her mouth as she concentrated. She squinted to focus on the small face, and lightly dabbed the paintbrush to add small eyes, and traced a light curve across the face for the mouth. One day, she'd make a construct that had a fully mobile face and could smile, frown, laugh, or cry. But these puppets, as much as she loved them, would be stuck with plain, painted faces, forever locked in the same expression.

Then she looked up at the window and out at the sun in the sky. "Shyte..." she muttered, not having realized how late it was getting. "I done gotta get ta work..." She harumphed, not being in the mood at all to go to work today.

Begrudgingly, she climbed into her crutches (just three more days!), and got ready to go. There wasn't anything major going on today, but she still had to be there. She needed her pay. And maybe she could beg a lunch off one of her coworkers.

She stepped her crutches up to Satevis, ignoring the continued grumbling in her stomach, and laid her hands against his chest. She gazed up at him through hooded lids, lightly brushing her fingers up and down as she said, "Oy, so, I's got class after... but ya wanna come back over tonight? Were pretty nice spendin' the night wit' ya..." She leaned forward a bit to attract his gaze downwards once more, sliding her fingers up to his neck and lightly toying with the strands of his hair. She shrugged and added, "Ya gotta come on by ta 'eal my foot anywho, so... ain't no reason ya can't 'ang 'round after..."

She was quite curious to not only talk to him again after nightfall, when he had his other memories, but also she just wanted to see him. She rather enjoyed his company. The way he talked to her made her feel good. Most people called her 'odd', 'crazy', or 'misbalanced'. But he called her 'unique' and 'a new soul'. It made her feel all fluttery inside.

She considered the possibility that he might be busy, or that he just might not feel like hanging around her again, and she felt an unpleasant lurch in her stomach that had nothing to do with lack of food. It surprised her, and while she didn't spend any time dwelling on the sensation, it did prompt her to bat her eyelashes at him, give him a cute little pout, and say, "Please...?"
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Satevis on May 22nd, 2012, 1:30 am

OOCIf only Satevis didn't have a topic on the night of the 88th. Damn you, continuity!

Satevis sighed, reluctantly glancing up at the sun in the sky as well. It was getting late in the day, and he had to go as well. There was reading to be done for his class, glyphs to be drawn, papers to grade, and exams to study for. None of which were things he was particularly looking forward to. He liked to study, yes, but he liked the process of learning new things. He could do without the process of going back over things he already knew to make sure he could answer questions correctly.

He would have rather spent his day here painting puppets with Tock.

But he supposed they both had responsibilities they needed to attend to. Besides, it wasn't as if he wouldn't be seeing her later tonight. Aside from the fact that he needed to come over to heal her foot, there was also the promise of company. And perhaps...his eyes obligingly trailed downwards, although he stopped himself this time, letting them linger on the area where her neck met her shoulder instead of giving into temptation...perhaps the promise of more.

Ah, there were his stray thoughts again. They never did exactly what he desired. Still, he supposed there would be no harm in him visiting her again. He had promised that he would answer her questions, and there was still much to be done for tomorrow's show. It wasn't as if he had anything else to do on the night of the 88th of spring.

His eyes widened in realization, and his face visibly fell.

The 88th of spring.

...Hik.

The curse was thought this time, not spoken, but that didn't mean he meant it any less. He sighed. "I'd love to visit you," he said, honestly, cupping her face in his hands and kissing her lightly. "But I can't stay," he said as he pulled away, still keeping his face close to hers. His eyes met hers, to show that he was truly sorry. "...The astronomy examination is on the 90th. I promised I would hold a review session tonight..." With the days growing longer as summer approached, dark hours were becoming fewer and fewer. Astronomy classes were usually held close to midnight, when it was guaranteed that there would be no sun in the sky.

"I am sorry," he said.

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on May 22nd, 2012, 1:56 am

Tock pouted and whimpered, kicking her feet in irritation (and able to kick both at once since her crutches were completely supporting her weight). She whined and moaned and almost decided to beg him to cut the class session, but then she paused. A smirk crossed her lips and a mischievous twinkle touched her brown eyes. "Awright, love," she said softly. "So's I guess I'll see ya tomorrow, then..."

She didn't intend to let him leave without making sure she'd be in his thoughts all night, though. So she pulled him close and kissed him deeply, her tongue brushing past his lips, holding the kiss for a long, long moment. She moaned softly against him, pulling him close so their chests pressed together and he could feel her warmth. Then at the end she started to pull back and let her lips linger for a final moment, while her fingers traced down his cheek. She pulled back and playfully pinched his chin with her fingers, smiling.

She was pretty sure he'd be remembering that during his class session tonight.

"I's see ya tomorrow..." she whispered, turning her crutches away and holding his gaze over her shoulder for a final moment. "Don't let Naily out..." she said as she headed out, content to let him stay in her house if he liked until he had to be at the University.

OOCThis is probably a good place to end part III. Let me know if you want to do a final reaction post here or just end it where it is. I was expecting to get to the actual puppet show this thread, but we got sidetracked again (and I loved it!). I'll start up part IV dated the 89th shortly!
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Cascade on May 30th, 2012, 2:19 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Minerva's Loot :
Minerva

Skill XP Reward
Carving +2
Gadgeteering +1
Painting +2
Animation +3
Seduction +2

Lore:
Building Puppets
Ethaefal: Seasonal Changes
Satevis: Memories of Taras
Meaninful Conversations with Satevis
Preparing For A Show
Satevis's Loot :
Satevis

Skill XP Reward
Glyphing +1
Painting +1
Meditation +2
Philosophy +2
Teaching +2
Observation +2

Lore:
University of Zeltiva: East Wing
Meaningful Conversations with Tock
Preparing For A Show
Did you guys already have the items to make the puppets? Just wanted to remind you that if not, I unfortunately can't allow you to add them to your inventories, though you may use them for the show. Anyway, good thread. The amount of introspection and conversations you put into your posts makes them interesting. Otherwise, this would have just been a dull thread about two people making stuff for a show. So, good work for adding life in it via character development. :P It's possible that I missed some lores, and if you believe I did, please don't hesitate to approach me.
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous