The Forest (With Zerren Verre)

In which Marin meets Zerren Verre

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Zerren Verre on June 26th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Zerren watched as the boar staggered and fell in front of him, one arrow sticking from each side and one standing out behind it like a second tail. Gods be damned, he actually managed to kill it. Zerren had, in truth, been expecting Marin to do nothing but help slow the boar down so that it could be brought down the rest of the way by a slash across the throat. He's a good shot... Even with the sun just setting over the tree line he managed... Damn it, the competition wasn't over yet and he just killed this boar.

Zerren shifted back into human form and started collecting his clothing. "Not a half bad shot, looks like it lodged in the heart. You win, this should be enough meat for you to eat well for a few days. And no, I won't help you carry it back to town." I'm going to be too busy hunting for a few measly rabbits to help you carry down your meals for the next month... Should have just left him to get run over... Zerren stuffed his clothes into the same tree that he had put them in before the competition began and started to walk back into the forest. No rest for the weary I suppose...
Zerren Verre
Player

Words: 40899
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2012, 9:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Marin on June 27th, 2012, 12:57 am

Marin watched him leave, lonely and small among the trees. “Zerren! I would like to offer you the sow! You were a big help in fighting the boar, and of course a talented hunter in the competition! Please accept.” Marin wanted to offer Zerren the sow, not only because the load would be easier to carry home, but because he had been a good friend in a fight. I wonder what he will do… He seems hungry enough to accept...
Marin
(Really Impressive Title Here)

Words: 31725
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2012, 3:46 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zerren Verre on June 28th, 2012, 5:16 pm

Zerren stopped and turned back to face Marin one last time. A charitable fellow, aren't you? Zerren looked at the pig for a long moment before looking up once more and smiling, happy amusement in his voice. "I will not accept your sow, it is yours by your victory and I can bear no claim upon it. I do, however, thank you for your offer and your compliment. Perhaps we shall meet again someday. Do work on moving silently in the mean time."

Zerren let out one short, happy laugh before shifting into his panther form and vanishing among the trees. Maybe not a productive day, but certainly an interesting one. Perhaps I ought to learn how to shoot a bow one of these days, my human form is so defenseless it's laughable. Zerren paused over a track and, deeming it worthy, set out along it. Some other day. Tonight is a night for hunting, not learning... Though perhaps the two aren't so different...

Fin.
Zerren Verre
Player

Words: 40899
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2012, 9:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Cascade on July 11th, 2012, 7:14 am

Adventurer's Loot

Marin's Loot :
Marin

Skill XP Reward
Hunting +2
Longbow +1
Observation +1
Tracking +1

Lore:
Zerren: Catlike
A Hunting Competition
Zerren: Kelvic
Hunting Rabbits
Hunting Pheasants
Attacked By A Boar

Items or Consequences:
Meat of 1 Rabbit
Meat of 1 Pheasant
Meat of 1 Wild Boar

Notes:
Please don't forget to play to your skill sets. Marin isn't a semi-experienced hunter... he's a novice. :) Don't expect fluid shots that hit their mark on the first try. Playing to your skill set will also get you more XP. Anyway., your punishment? No fox and minus one boar meat. :P
Zerren's Loot :
Zerren

Skill XP Reward
Hunting +3
Tracking +2
Subterfurge +1

Lore:
Runaway Prey
Marin: Hunter
A Hunting Competition
Hunting Rabbits
Hunting Wild Pigs
Stolen Game
Attacked By A Boar
Marin: Charitable Fellow

Notes:
I know you asked for manipulation, but I gave you subterfurge instead so that it coincides with Miz's skill list.
The idea of a hunting competition was fascinating, so good job on that. However, referring to both of your first posts, please write longer. It is defined in Zeltiva's player guide that posts have to be longer than those you initially started with... so don't expect future threads to be graded if you churn out posts like that. :) I know there are times when it's difficult to write with more length, but I trust in you guys. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous