A long way from (Open)

On edge in a new city

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A long way from (Open)

Postby Evora on May 19th, 2012, 3:10 pm

80th Day of Spring, evening.

What am I doing here?

It was not the first time that Evora asked that question. In fact, such questions had plagued her her entire journey from Wind Reach to Syliras.

I should be in Wind Reach. I should be home.

But what home? Wind Reach held nothing for her any more. All was gone and lost. All that remained was a misunderstanding people that could not comprehend her grief. Her love.

That is why she had left. Why she would seek out a new life. Perhaps even here in Syliras? Who knew.

She walked forward not really having a destination. She would camp in her tent tonight. But before she would set camp she had to do something. Find something. But what? Was it purpose she sought? Or a sense of belonging? Perhaps it was both.

She surveyed the people that walked by her. There were people of all different races. It seemed to her that this was where the world met. Oddly, though she had left them behind to seek something different, Evora found it disheartening to not see any of her own people in the throngs.

You wouldn't, she thought, You left them in Wind Reach.
Evora
Player

Words: 28949
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 3:19 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Aveira on May 21st, 2012, 12:00 am

Aveira walked along the streets, cloaked in a ragged cloth she had found in the trash. It had a couple small holes in it, and had smelled quite foul, but after a quick wash, it had become a rather manageable cloak, if not a very pretty one. She used it to hide her leathery wings. Though she usually dyed her fur an off-white color, she'd forgone that recently. The ammonia burns she obtained from the dyes had not yet healed and she feared that adding anymore would mar her permanently. Fortunately enough, her fur was naturally a light gray, and not as noticeable as the darker zith she had heard stories about.

With her body covered by the cloak, Aveira found she was able to blend in well enough. Most people didn't realize what she was at first glance. Perhaps I won't need to dye myself anymore, she thought happily. Her thoughts were interrupted when she noticed an Inartan woman looking around. The woman had darker hair that was uncharacteristic of her people, but she was clearly one of them. Her clothes, for one thing, were clearly Inartan.

For reasons that Aveira didn't completely understand, she decided to walk over to the woman. "Are you lost?" she asked in her fluent common. I really must be feeling bold today, to talk to a human woman like her, she mused.
Aveira
Player

Words: 10988
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 11:33 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on May 21st, 2012, 12:31 am

Modechai had just entered the great castle yesterday to familiarize himself with it. The people, the stores, the taverns and inns. He was slowly learning it all. But he still remained to himself out of fear of who he was.

Walking through a small crowd of humans he noticed something odd to his left. A small child with... WITH FUR! How interesting, he thought, she could be a zith, but unlikely here in Syliras. She was talking to an women in the middle of the streets. He couldn't see the woman as she was facing away from him. He only saw the small girls face. She looked so poor.

Leaning against a nearby wall he pulled out a copper mizah and began to flip it over his fingers with great dexterity. He watched them, purely out of interest. After all, what else was there to do?
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Words: 30065
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Evora on May 29th, 2012, 3:08 pm

Evora didnt betray the suprise she felt on seeing the girl. No, not girl, creature. She was covered in soft grey fur and huddled underneath a dirty piece of cloth.
"Are you lost?" she asked in Common.
Lost. Well it was good as any other description of her emotions.
"Yes," she admited in the best Common she could manage, "I believe I am lost."
She regarded the strange girl with a weary eye. What did she want?

Evora stole a glance over her shoulder. There was a man across the way who watched the fur coated girl with apparent interest, twiddeling a copper coin between his fingers.
"There's a man standing behind me watching you. Do you know him?" Evora asked slowly, struggeling a little with the language.
What was this creature?
Evora
Player

Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Gaius Sivet on June 1st, 2012, 7:02 pm

Gaius hadn't been in Syliras long before he realized that it was far grander than he had ever thought. The world met here, in the grandest of cities, merchants, craftsmen, simple people all lived and thrived here, people from every creed and race. Or almost every race, as he had yet to see a fellow Inartan.

And why should you? You abandoned them for this quest of yours, a small voice nagged at the back of his mind.

I did no such thing, he argued with the voice. I had to leave. They didn't understand me anymore than I truly understand them, or anyone for that matter. This is something that had to be done.

As he continued through the crowded streets, Gaius suddenly noticed something that stopped him dead and took all the air from his lungs, as if he had been thrown bodily against a jagged wall. There, not far ahead was a Zith, but that hardly concerned him. It was the woman she spoke with that had stopped him, the Inartan woman.

Can that really be... No, it couldn't. The hair is all wrong. But maybe not. The skin, the clothes, everything else is there, Gaius thought as he moved slowly forward, never taking his eyes off the pair in front of him. Perhaps this is the first step of my journey, perhaps she can help me, help me find what I'm looking for. After all, why else should she be out here if not for the same reasons as me, or at least something similar.

Gaius continued forward, determined to introduce himself. Nothing would be turning him from this goal. It was a sign, it had to be, and he would hardly turn away from it.
Last edited by Gaius Sivet on June 3rd, 2012, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A long way from (Open)

Postby Aveira on June 1st, 2012, 9:37 pm

Glancing at the man, Aveira nodded. "I have seen him before, but we didn't do much more than talk. He probably doesn't recognize me, though." With her fur un-dyed and her cloak wrapped around her, Aveira probably looked much different than she normally did. She was also carrying herself differently. She felt bold, unafraid for once in her life time. Maybe I can finally begin to like myself, she mused silently. Many of her opinions had changed during this season. She no longer felt weak or timid. Well, not as bad as she used to, anyway.

"If you are lost, I could show you around?" she offered. She smiled slightly, but didn't show her teeth. Humans were uncomfortable when they saw her teeth, even if she was just laughing or smiling. Even her way of speaking was altered so that she moved her lips as little as possible. This resulted in a naturally quiet voice, though the deep, rich quality of her zith voice could not be masked.

Movement from the corner of her eye attracted Aveira's attention. Turning slightly, she noticed another Inartan man striding towards them. "It seems I'm not the only one to attract attention," she said with her shy smile. Her boldness began seeping away when she noticed him. Speaking to a woman was fine, but this was a full grown human man. He was bigger than her, stronger than her, and filled her with a fear that she couldn't shake. One season couldn't shake an entire lifetime of bad memories, after all.
Aveira
Player

Words: 10988
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 11:33 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on June 1st, 2012, 11:42 pm

I just stood there, fiddling with my copper, watching them. I think I knew her. No, I definitely knew her. I seem to always run across this one every so often. How I enjoyed our meetings.

I decided to approach her. Quickly so as not to miss them I walked towards the two. I made it to them while only bumping into a few people, one of which had a head of hair that was almost a fiery red.

I put it past me.

"Excuse me, is that you Aveira?" I asked the zith, hoping it was so I wouldn't be gored. I haven't seen her in awhile. "Oh, and miss," I said to the apparent human,"Sorry for my gander, I believe I know your friend here." I guess that was the best I could explain myself. I tucked my copper back into my pocket.
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Words: 30065
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Evora on June 3rd, 2012, 1:18 pm

"I have seen him before, but we didn't do much more than talk. He probably doesn't recognize me, though." said the strange girl, but the stranger with the coin stared with too much intent to not recognize her.
"If you are lost, I could show you around?" The girl offered, but Evora was too distracted by the man with the coin.
"I think he does recognize you, he stares too much. Here he approaches." Evora said,looking over her shoulder and seeing the man starting over to where they stood.

And then she saw him. A shock of red hair and armed with a Talon sword. Obviously Inartan. The man stood looking at her. She was suddenly reminded of home. Of all the pain it held, but also of everything she loved and missed of Wind Reach. Suddenly she was without fear. She was once again the strong Inartan women she knew.Sharp and fiery. She stood taller and no longer felt lost, it wasn't really an emotion she was familiar with in any case.

"Excuse me, is that you Aveira?" Asked the manwith the coin as he approached,"Oh, and miss, sorry for my gander, I believe I know your friend here."
"She is not my friend. I do not know her." Evora said bluntly. While she did not know the girl and did not wish to offend her, Evora could not help facts, nor that she did not trust the creature. Evora rarely intended to be rude, but she was not one to beat around a bush.

Evora noted the Inartan man as he approached. He wore the traditional garb of Wind Reach and carried a long bow and a Talon sword. And while his appearance comforted her, she did not trust him.
"Always a pleasure to meet another of the mountain so far from home," Evora said speaking in Nari, inclining her head as he approached.
Evora
Player

Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Gaius Sivet on June 3rd, 2012, 1:29 pm

"Always a pleasure to meet another of the mountains so far from home," the Inartan woman said as Giaus approached. She spoke in the clipped tones of Nari and Giaus couldn't help but smile a little at the familiar sounds of the language. He nodded to her in a respectful manner.

"Always a pleasure, though I hardly thought I would meet another form the mountain so far from home," Gaius replied in the same clipped, birdlike tones of Nari, feeling suddenly very at home, speaking with his own kind, in his own tongue. "So the question arises, what are you doing so far from home?"

Gaius spoke with a confidence he hardly felt. Even if this woman did feel the need to tell him why she was here, and it was hardly his business, she couldn't possibly be looking for the same things he was. Still, it was a wonder and a joy to see a fellow Inartan and there was no reason to be rude or ignore her, even had he wanted to.

As he stood, engulfed in his thoughts, Gaius observed the other two who stood buy looking somewhat confused, no doubt neither spoke Nari. One, a Zith, though lighter of color and far shyer than any he had heard of, and the other, a man to be sure, but something about him seemed decidedly familiar, yet Gaius couldn't put his finger on it. He pushed out of his mind and focused back on the Inartan woman before him.

"I'm sorry," he began, still speaking in Nari, reluctant to leave the tongue of his home now that he had started in it once more. "I am rude and abrupt, and it is no business of mine what you may be doing here. Besides, we've not even exchanged a few necessary pleasantries. My name is Gaius Sivet. And you?"
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A long way from (Open)

Postby Evora on June 3rd, 2012, 6:20 pm

"Always a pleasure, though I hardly thought I would meet another form the mountain so far from home," said the other Inartan, nodding respectfully,"so the question arises, what are you doing so far from home?" he asked.

Evora eyed the man wearily. What was it to him? She didn't even know him. Ignoring the looks from the strange girl and man with the coin, she readied a blunt remark, but the Inartan got there before she could.

"I'm sorry, I am rude and abrupt, and it is no business of mine what you may be doing here. Besides, we've not even exchanged a few necessary pleasantries. My name is Gaius Sivet. And you?" Evora considered him for a moment before answering again.

He reminded her so of the other men from Wind Reach, blunt and straight forward. Some what refreshing,compared to other mens plots, scheme and back alleys.

"If I knew the answer to your question I'd gladly answer, but what I search for is an illusion even to myself." She answered, still speaking Nari, a comfort she was glad for. He did not need to know about her family reasons for leaving Wind Reach, but she spoke the truth. She had no idea what she was doing so far from Wind Reach.

"As for my name, it is Evora. I am pleased to meet you Gaius Sivet."
Evora
Player

Character sheet

Next