A long way from (Open)

On edge in a new city

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A long way from (Open)

Postby Gaius Sivet on June 4th, 2012, 10:41 am

"Evora, a lovely name. I am pleased to meet you. Now, perhaps we should reassociate with these other two here? I'm sure they're confused by now, we must sound like a couple of nattering magpies to them," Gaius said, chcukling a little. Though he knew Nari was a language of eagles, most non-Inartans couldn't tell the difference between an eagle and a sparrow if it bit them. Gaius smiled and glanced at the two again, the strangely colored, shy Zith, and the man who seemed so familiar, but from where? Perhaps the coming conversation would shed some light on that.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A long way from (Open)

Postby Evora on June 4th, 2012, 11:03 am

"Evora, a lovely name. I am pleased to meet you. Now, perhaps we should reassociate with these other two here? I'm sure they're confused by now, we must sound like a couple of nattering magpies to them," Gaius laughed. Evora smiled, longing to continue speaking in her native tongue but complied, turning back to the other two in their small group.

"Forgive us, Inarta were never known for their manners," Evora said, switching with some difficulty back over to the Common tongue. The girl and the man looked at them with some confusion.

Evora thought on the name the man had called the strange girl, Aviera. "Aviera, is that your name? What are you?" Evora could not think of a more subtle way of asking. She did not get to interact with many different races in Wind Reach, only the traders and none of them had fur. Beside, Evora was never known for being subtle.
Evora
Player

Words: 28949
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 3:19 pm
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Kiandra Thalassa on June 4th, 2012, 1:09 pm

‘Compass? Check. Coins? Check. Key for cabin….?’ Kia stopped her low muttering as soon as it had started, her hands searching her pockets frantically, the beads in her hair hanging round her face as she pawed through the shallow pockets of her loose trousers as if they were bottomless, her heart in her throat.

She couldn’t of lost the key already, could she? She could do without her possessions getting stolen by some thief, even if they were sparse and few. She sighed in relief after her hand wrapped around the small piece of metal which seemed to have lodged itself in the seem of the material. She cursed herself inwardly. Two minutes on dry land and already in a panic. She really should know better.

The young Svefra stepped cautiously up from the port, muttering excuses as the hustle and bustle of the city swallowed her whole without warning. She tried to get through without causing too much damage to people around her, unused to the barging and hurry that every person in this place seemed to be involved in. Was every place on land like this? She asked herself in native tongue. No.. this was a city, a busy one at that. That must be the reason.

Kiandra hadn’t seen so many people in one place ever, not even at the gatherings which seemed to sometimes happen in the Svefra between many a pod. No. All in all, such a volume of people never happened on the rolling waves of the Suvan. That was for sure.

Kia headed towards the castle, a light breeze rolling around her playfully, catching the beads in her hair and around her wrists as she walked, her bag thumping gently against her side. It felt lighter than usual, but this was because she didn’t have Gri with her at the moment, as at the time she had felt it was far too risky, letting a small otter go even near a place like this. He was far happier back at the boat, where there was an abundance of fish in the hold.

Too busy thinking about other things, Kia kept on walking hurriedly, looking around her to try an take in all that she could about the castle, before of course walking smack bang into a group of people that were talking among themselves, causing her to fall to over, as well as the other person. “ ‘m so sorry!” She exclaimed, reminding herself to speak in common.
Kiandra Thalassa
Player

Words: 6935
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 4:40 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Aveira on June 4th, 2012, 3:55 pm

Looking up at Mordechai, Aveira smiled slightly. So he does remember me. She nodded to him and glanced at Evora. Aveira wasn't bothered by to woman's blunt way of speaking. If anything, she found it interesting. Most people in Syliras were more subtle in their speaking, even when they spoke to her. Well, maybe not always when they spoke to her...

When Evora turned to the stranger and began speaking to him, the young zith listened with interest. She had no idea what was being said, but the language sounded pleasant. It reminded her of birds singing. Her shyness beginning to build up again, Aveira simply listened, letting the strange words pour over her like water. Finally, however, the two Inartans seemed to finish their private conversation and turned back to them.

"My name is Aveira," she replied to Evora's question, nodding a little. "I am a zith, though born and raised in Syliras," she continued. The part about being born there was actually a lie. No, not a lie she corrected herself. I'm just not sure if it's true. Either way, it explained her perfect Common, her civilized clothing, and her shyness.

Suddenly a young woman rushed into the group, taking Aveira by surprise. Their group was now much larger than any she'd been in before, and it made her feel a little giddy. So many people... she thought silently.

OOCThe posting order is so messed up >_>
Aveira
Player

Words: 10988
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 11:33 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on June 4th, 2012, 11:07 pm

It was nice to see her again. It certainly had been a while. But she was one of the few friends I had.

While the two next to me were chirping away I couldn't help but recognize the hair of the man. It was red? Red... hmmm, now why does that sound familiar? Suddenly I remembered the wolves. This was the man who's deer I took. No, wait, backup, that was my deer. Better. Anyways, I knew this man.

"Gaius?" I questioned the man.

I had just finished the question when some woman came piling towards me and knocked me over.

"Now what the hell is this?" I said, upset with the intrusion at first. "You fool, You should watch where you're going!" I said this missing her apology.

I looked up to see a pretty brown girl on the ground next to me. I quickly checked my tone and got to my feet, brushing myself off. I reached my hand out to the girl to help her up. "You should really be more careful" I said to her.
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Words: 30065
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Evora on June 8th, 2012, 9:05 am

"My name is Aveira," said the strange girl with fur, "I am a zith, though born and raised in Syliras."

A Zith...

Evora had heard stories, rumors, about the creatures. Covered with fur and leathery wings, they hunted humans as easily as they hunted animals. But this girl was not like the stories. She was not a hunter. Not a killer. She was timid and shy, looking up at everyone through soft and uncertain eyes.

The man with the coin had a oddly warm look about him when looked down at the Zith. Clearly they were friends. But suddenly he seemed distracted, regarding Gaius with a strange look. A flame seemed to lick the inside of his brain as he questioned Gaius' name and to everyone's surprise he was suddenly on the floor.

Evora spun away from the attacker smoothly, crouching on the ground and quickly drawing her eating knife from her belt, the only weapon she could afford. But as soon as she had done it, Evora felt foolish.

The man with the coin lay under a girl who had simply tripped. Evora quickly stood and returned the knife to her belt hoping no one took notice of her charade. The girl had a look of a sailor and Evora knew they could often be clumsy when confronted with earth. Evora smiled slightly as the man with the coins anger turned to soft concern on seeing what beauty had up footed him.

Evora bent down and picked up a single key. "Is this yours water walker?" she asked dangling the key in front of the girl between two fingers.
Evora
Player

Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Gaius Sivet on June 8th, 2012, 10:10 am

At the sound of his name, Gaius turned towards the man beside him and really looked at him. After a moment, it all came crashing back to him. It was Mordechai, the man from the woods. Just as Gaius was about to say something, there was a blur of movement, and Mordechai was on the ground, crushed beneath the weight of a woman who had the smell of the sea about her.

Gaius put a hand to his sword without realizing it and quickly pulled it away. From the corner of his eyes, he noticed a similar movement from Evora as she crouched, drew a knife, and put it back, trying to look as if nothing had happened.

While Mordechai unleashed a tirade on the woman, then became suddenly softer upon noticing her beauty, Evore bent and picked up a key from the road. "Is this yours, water walker?" she asked as she dangled the key in front of the fallen woman as one might dangle a toy before a child. Gaius shook himself in an attempt to break his confusion. So much had happened so quickly it had been hard to follow. For the moment, he was content to watch and wait.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A long way from (Open)

Postby Kiandra Thalassa on June 10th, 2012, 8:49 am

Kiandra immediately felt as if she was interrupting something important. An unwelcome intrusion to the groups conversation. Unfortunately, she couldn’t do anything about that now, what was done was done, time had moved on. ‘Sorry!’ She apologized again, looking over to the man who lay on the ground next to her who she had knocked over. He advised her to be more careful, and she agreed silently to herself, next time it may not be someone who was quite so forgiving, and be a body who was more than happy to slit her throat without a seconds thought.

She wasn’t use to the solidity of the ground, spending most of her life on the ever rolling waves which caused one to be used to a different tempo than that of the land. It would take some getting used to, but of course, she would have to adjust, as falling over everywhere would look more of the walk of the insane, rather than one who is unsure on their feet.

A small copper object was dangled in front of her face, as one would with a rabbit. ‘Ah! M’key!’ She exclaimed, taking the man’s hand who had offered her and getting up, making sure not to cause any more damage at the same time.‘Thanks.’ She took the key gratefully, making note of what the woman called her water walker. Kiandra had never heard of any of her kind being called that before, it sorta sounded too elegant though.
Kiandra Thalassa
Player

Words: 6935
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 4:40 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on June 10th, 2012, 10:07 pm

Water walker? Ahh, she must mean a Svefra. The sailors. That explained the complexion of the girl. So much time in the sun on the decks of boats would temper his skin so, Mordechai thought to himself.

As Mordechai helped the girl to her feet she turned and took her key back from the Inartian girl. He decided to let them continue their conversation for awhile, though he knew he'd certainly love to share words with this one.

Mordechai instead turned his attention back to Gaius as nonchalantly as he could. When he looked at Gaius the wolves and fire all came back to him. He rubbed his arm, which was still temporarily out of working order as it was healing. It still burned quite a bit when it rubbed up against his cloak when he didn't expect it too.

"Gaius, how have you been keeping? How's your leg feeling?" Mordechai said to the red headed Inartian man, remembering when he landed the pommel of his talon sword into the wolf's head.

Out of the corner of Mordechai's eye, he was still watching the Svefra woman. Almost captivated.
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Words: 30065
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Evora on June 13th, 2012, 10:30 pm

The girl seemed stunned and lost to say the least. She looked up from the ground and recognized the key and dangled from Evora's fingers.

"Ah! M’key!" The flustered girl said taking the man with the coin's hand, allowing him to help her up, and then taking the key form Evora, "Thanks."

"You best be careful on your feet now. The land is not so forgiving as your waters and next time you might find yourself interrupting a less forgiving group of people." Evora said. In truth Evora was thinking that had this water walker fallen across her path on another day when she was not with company, she would have robbed her blind. Fortunately for the girl, there was company so today she would keep her possessions.

"What are you doing ashore?" Evora asked the girl who was too apologetic and unsure. But Evora noticed that the man with the coin, though he tried to seem engrossed in conversation with Gaius, was most intrigued with the water walker, his eyes finding her ever so often.
Evora
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext