A long way from (Open)

On edge in a new city

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A long way from (Open)

Postby Gaius Sivet on June 13th, 2012, 11:09 pm

So much happened so quickly that it was becoming hard for Gaius to follow events. Slowly, his focus peeled away from Evora and the Svefra and he pushed his attention towards the man who was speaking to him. Until now, Gaius had paid him the least amount of attention, but now he realized that the man was speaking to him, asking questions.

"...been keeping? How's your leg feeling?" the man asked. Gaius paused for a moment to look the man over, not quite sure why he seemed so familiar. Then, all at once, things came rushing back. A hunt in the forest, a fire, wolves. Mordechai. Slowly a smile spread across Gaius' features and he embraced Mordechai with enthusiasm, releasing him a moment later.

"Mordechai, it's wonderful to see you again. The leg is fine, no doubt better off than that arm of yours, eh?" Gaius asked, jovial and joking in his whole manner. The sudden shift from quiet, brooding figure to laughing jokester might well have convinced some of the others he was a madman, but he couldn't care less. It was just good to see his friend once more.

"So, what have you been at then? It seems like so long since we've seen each other, so much has happened. Tell me, what has life done with you since then?"
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A long way from (Open)

Postby Kiandra Thalassa on June 15th, 2012, 6:45 am

Shoving her key back into the depths of her pocket of her jacket. Kiandra secretly hoped she would not loose it again, or drop it for that matter. All in all it was lucky the woman had seen it in the first place, if she hadn’t… then it was doubtful Kiandra would ever get into the cabin again, let alone set sail.

Kiandra nodded at the other woman’s words, taking her advice, but also hearing a hint of a second tone behind them. The tone of which meant that if this had any other time, another outcome may of taken place, overall, this instantly made the Svefra slightly weary. ‘I see’ She replied, choosing her words carefully. Maybe her fortune was greater than expected to collide with a group and not a single person. People seemed to wear a more complicated mask to disguise their true intentions than those who roamed the sea. It was a lesson that Kia would take with her everywhere from now on, that was for sure.

‘I’m buyin’ some stuff for my boat, back a’the port.’ She replied, lifting one hand to lazily show the direction she had come from. ‘It’s not exactly ship-shape a’the moment.’ She added, wondering if these people knew if there were any good traders around here that could help her out and all the while thinking about the problems with the boat. A continuous thought.

Kiandra felt eyes on her after a while, watching her, she glanced over to where the direction of the gaze was coming from. It was the man she had knocked over from before, who was currently talking to the other human. At least, Kiandra thought all of the peoples here main species were human, but she could be wrong.

Turning her gaze back to the woman she was talking to previously, the Svefra introduced herself. ‘I’m Kiandra.’
Kiandra Thalassa
Player

Words: 6935
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 4:40 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Bryndyn on June 15th, 2012, 7:09 am

Damn, Bryndyn thought. Not even enough to buy a loaf of bread.

Once again, for the hundredth time, Bryndyn had locked himself out of his apartment, key inside of it, with all the food and gold within as well. He asked the landlord for another, but she did not have one.

But, considering his luck, it was probably destined to happen. I guess I could just find somewhere to sleep, tonight.

Turning toward the first group he saw, all engaged in deep conversation, Bryndyn asked, "Excuse me, fine folk. Is there a dwelling of yours that I could sleep in for the night? Oh, and pardon for the intrusion. My key was locked in with my apartment, once again."
Bryndyn
Player

Words: 1168
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 10:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on June 15th, 2012, 11:46 pm

Rolling up his sleeve and wincing whilst doing so, Mordechai revealed a reddened, scabbed up forearm. The flames and the wolf's teeth really did a number on me.

"Oh, the arm has seen better days Gaius. But it's beginning to heal quite well. Should be right as rain in a week or so. But damn does it smart right now!" I laughed to him. Once more I glanced at the sea fairing girl, this time she noticed me doing so.

I was about to continue when someone approached the party, asking about a place to stay. I quietly turned my back as my shabby tent was only built for one. And a small one at that.

"So tell me Gaius, what have you been spending your time doing lately?"
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Words: 30065
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Evora on June 18th, 2012, 10:58 am

The girl form the sea gave Evora a reproachful look, as if she knew her thoughts, but Evora felt no shame. Maybe it was her bluntness or because she didn't expect anyone to trust her just as she trusted no one. Either way Evora did not mind what the water walkers view of her was.
"I'm Kia," she said wearily.
"Evora," she gave. She need not know more than that.
Suddenly a man walked up to their group out of the blue asking for a place to stay. "Excuse me, fine folk. Is there a dwelling of yours that I could sleep in for the night? Oh, and pardon for the intrusion. My key was locked in with my apartment, once again."
Evora eyed the man. There was just no way. She did not know him, did not trust him, and would not share her tent with a man. There were many things a woman had to be wary of when traveling alone.
"Have you lost your senses?" Evora asked the man sharply.
Evora
Player

Words: 28949
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 3:19 pm
Character sheet

A long way from (Open)

Postby Gaius Sivet on June 18th, 2012, 12:24 pm

"So tell me, Gaius, what have you been spending your time doing lately?" Mordechai asked. Gaius paused, not entirely sure what day it was or if he had done anything recently. Before he could think to reply, a man entered the group, looking for a place to stay. It would seem the fool locked his key in his apartment. And this wasn't the first time.

Gaius thought for a moment. His tent would never do for holding more than one person, but perhaps there was something the could be done. But at the moment, Mordechai was the point of his focus. It would be rude to simply leave a friend with unanswered questions.

"Not much my friend, not much at all. The city fascinates me and I have simply enjoyed being here. Other than that, I hope to apply for a job with the local glass worker soon. With any luck, she will hire me, and I can improve my skill and, more importantly, weight my purse. And what of you Mordechai? I assume you've gotten yourself into more trouble since we last parted ways?" Gaius asked jokingly. He laughed, but even as he spoke with his friend, his mind was still turning over the question of how to help the stranger that had just entered their group and if he even should.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A long way from (Open)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on June 18th, 2012, 9:17 pm

"Oh Gaius, you know me, still whittling away toys. Hopefully I can sell some of them soon, for my coin has been dwindling as of late. Although I did purchase a new lute!" Mordechai said excited. But he noticed Gaius' attention was on the fool who locked his key in his house. Maybe I should help him, he thought. He can't sleep in my tent, but he can gladly sleep alongside it. Ahh, but if only I had someone to watch him, he thought more clearly now. What if he's no more than a common thief, or worse, a cutthroat. No, Mordechai couldn't take him on himself.

"Gaius, that man over there, does he seem trustworthy?" Mordechai asked, still pondering. "I'd like to help him but I don't know if he could be trusted not to clean my bag out and run in the night." he said, casually glancing over at the man.

"If I do take him to my campsite I'd need someone to help keep watch"
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Words: 30065
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Character sheet

Previous